PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Asia 1-3 (Czech Republic Box)

Someone Weird
05-27-2016, 05:57 AM
This recently appeared on ebay. Anyone know much about them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shocking-Asia-I-II-III-sealed-3-DVD-box-set-shockumentaries-English-spoken-/272244542318?hash=item3f630a0b6e:g:mKUAAOSwFnFV~Cz K

They are available seperate in cardboard slip cases or as a box with standard dvd cases. Description states:

"DVD's come in a box set with 3 separate dvd's in normal dvd cases. ENGLISH or Czech language track. No subtitles. Original and official Czech releases. 3 separate dvd's - films are also available separately. Region 2 pal dvd's come in environmental friendly dvd case sized cardboard sleeves as pictured (picture shows box set cover and dvd#2). Please check your dvd player compability. Shipping is 5£ in Europe, 6£ elsewhere."

Anyway, they are cheap so I went for it as I quite like these films but I suspect they won't be legit.

enandalusiskhund
05-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Would love a review of these when you get them! Hopefully another forum member snags the last one, I would myself but don't have much cash this month and VS are having a sale this weekend.

sukebanboy
05-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Haha...these are pretty tame 'documentries' about Asia that are full of the usual stock footage of ' weird' Asian behaviour.first one is notable for the full on sex change operation!

Not 'shocking' at all now as these Asian customs and weirdness are more exposed, known aboutand accepted these days..

...saw them years ago.they are all on youtube..

http://youtu.be/DNey1Dawwpk

First two were made a decade apart by the same filmakers...kind of tame mondo stuff....the sex change is tough to watch though!!

Part 3 was made by some Chinese filmakers and focuses on the sex stuff in Japan....quite different from the first 2 in the series...

Matt H.
05-27-2016, 12:41 PM
....the sex change is tough to watch though!!

That scene traumatized my buddy and I when we watched this at the tender age of 12(!), but we were brave and didn't turn away. Nowadays, I wouldn't be able to watch it. Revolting scene.

I remember we were howling during the Japanese sex museum sequence.

Mark C.
05-29-2016, 09:00 PM
I also noticed through the same seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sweden-Heaven-and-Hell-1968-Swedish-shockumentary-English-Italian-spoken-new-dvd-/271675651515?hash=item3f412175bb:g:YxMAAOSwiCRUbKE N

Someone Weird
06-01-2016, 10:26 AM
This arrived today.

There was a slight hiccup however...the discs didn't work properly on my usual DVD/Blu player but played fine on another player attached to a smaller tv with slightly dodgy colour. Anyway, the three films are housed in a fairly flimsy cardboard box. They are individually contained within the usual DVD amaray cases within the box. I would include a picture but for some reason its not working. Gladly, the amaray discs are old school sturdy type and not those stupid American style eco-friendly ones with bits cut out of them and/or thin as tracing paper which are completely useless and of no use to no one, resulting in many a damaged dvd/blu-ray cover (this cheap ass practice has to stop! They look crap and tacky in those things!).

If the surrounding box was a bit more sturdy then this would be an altogether more attractive package. The films are pretty much bare bones but No.2 includes a trailer. The menu screens include a scene from the movie, such as No.1 featuring a fakir skewering his chops whilst you decide whether or not to play film, select chapters or choose audio. Each film can be played in either Czech dub or with English soundtrack.

I have SHOCKING ASIA & SHOCKING ASIA 2 on DVD-R already and these new DVD look a whole lot better. No dutch subs into the bargain. Very pleasing transfers for me personally (even on a tv with slightly dodgy colour but they also looked very good on the bigger tv when attempting to flick through), but then I'm not as fussy as some people when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure there are people out there who will tell you different and belt out a load of nonsensical technical jargon and bit rate crap but my god, if I thought like that I would never enjoy watching a movie at all if I worried about those kind of shitty things. So yep, they looked good to me. Recommended. Shame about that weird glitch on my other player.

enandalusiskhund
06-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Thanks for your input, SW!

I have that Sweden: Heaven and Hell DVD. It's a cracking film!

Mark C.
06-02-2016, 01:02 AM
Thanks for your input, SW!

I have that Sweden: Heaven and Hell DVD. It's a cracking film!

Thanks! I was thinking of getting it, wound up ordering a few other discs, that seller has some nice stuff for sale, stuff that has no other release anywhere else.