PDA

View Full Version : How much TV do you watch?

Ian Jane
03-15-2011, 02:45 PM
I think I'm on the lower end of the spectrum, as far as watching broadcast TV goes. Generally we watch cartoons on Fox on Sunday night and that's about it as far new programming goes. Family Guy reruns pass the time and I have a thing for Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures and Man Vs. Food but hardly schedule life around them and just kinda happen to catch them when they're on.

There was a point in my life where I was pretty hardcore about stuff though, making sure I was home in time for Millenium or The X-Files, stuff like that. I guess the advent of DVD and on-demand programming has killed much of the necessity for that type of behavior.

So do you have any 'must watch' shows?

Alison Jane
03-15-2011, 04:09 PM
Besides what you mentioned above, I sometimes watch Spongebob Squarepants or the Golden Girls if they happen to be on.

Todd Jordan
03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I watch three shows weekly (until the seasons are done), and that's probably the average at any given time. Right now it's Supernatural, Justified, and Tosh.0, That's about it. Once The LEague starts back up I'll watch that. I like the stuff Gordon Ransey puts out, but for the most part I don't watch tv. It is a very rare thing for me to sit and surf. Usually I just watch something I know I want to watch (or have to for review purposes).

So count me as one of the non-0tv watchers for sure.

Toyboy
03-15-2011, 04:20 PM
We got rid of satellite last year and now just watch stuff streaming online. On average we'll watch shows for about an hour and half each nite, usually while we eat. The Office and 30 Rock are the only shows we have to watch, and we'll catch 2 or 3 episodes each of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, or we'll check out House Hunters. When it's time for it we'll watch Project Runway. IT'S A GOOD FUCKING SHOW, FUCKERS!!!

Lately I've been streaming as much old SNL as I can from Netflix and I'm also finishing up Steve Coogan's Saxondale, but that's all old so I guess that doesn't count.

Todd Jordan
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Project Runway is awful. My wife watches that fucking show and it is just as dumb as all the others. As hot as she is, I can't stand that chick.

Mike Howlett
03-15-2011, 04:42 PM
The only show we watch every week (when it's on) and the only one we have watched for the last 5 years or so is AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.

I make no apologies. It's great fun.

Alison Jane
03-15-2011, 05:19 PM
We love The Office but mostly watch the DVDs.

Todd Jordan
03-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Top Model...that's the one with the hot chick I can't stand. The other one, Project Runway, my wife watches. That one has that hot blonde chick and I hate that show too. Those two shows and some morning show wit ha gay couple (Steven and Chris) clog my DVR.

Ian Jane
03-16-2011, 03:24 PM
We got rid of satellite last year and now just watch stuff streaming online.

I think if we didn't have a kid in the house, I could live just fine without cable.

Todd Jordan
03-16-2011, 04:35 PM
If I didn't have a wife in the house, I would get rid of cable.

Alison Jane
03-16-2011, 05:38 PM
If I didn't have a kid, I'd do the same...

Newt Cox
09-15-2011, 05:42 AM
The only tv series I have bothered keeping up with the past few years are.

Rescue Me-which just ended it's final season
Sons of Anarchy-4th season just started
Walking Dead
Elvira's movie macabre

American Horror story on FX looks interesting. But as far as the broadcast networks ,the only shows coming soon I might watch are Once upon a time,Grimm,and Terra Nova.

Back before the 2007 writers strike I watched lots of tv. But since then I watch at the most 4 or 5 hours a week.

chad
09-28-2011, 03:11 PM
I watch around 2 hours or less of TV a week, I watched around 3 hours this morning to get caught up on the past 3 weeks of SOA.