PDA

View Full Version : THE STEWARDESSES IN 3-D is coming to Blu-ray

Jobla
09-23-2016, 12:20 AM
Kino Lorber has announced a 3-D Blu-ray release of THE STEWARDESSES, expected to street in December of 2016. No specs have been specified, as of yet.

Fundi
09-23-2016, 02:59 AM
unless they do a real 3D blu ray version, I won't get it, I plan to buy a 3D TV soon, and I'd like to get it to view some 3D blu rays I have, Stewardesses would be one I'd pick up to view in 3D, but not if it's that crappy red and blu paper glasses like they did with the original release of the Stewardesses I want a real 3D blu ray like you watch on 3D TV's I forget what the process is called, but I mean like you watch at the theaters, where it doesn't hurt your eyes to watch a 3D movie, unlike watching one with red and blue glasses.

Jobla
09-23-2016, 09:08 AM
It will be in real 3-D, in separate color and B&W transfers. There will also be a "flat" color transfer in 2-D, for those like me who don't have 3-D. This is a restoration from the 3-D company (Bob Furmanek). The old DVD from 2009 was anaglyph (red and blue glasses format).

More Monica Gayle in Blu-ray is a good thing!

Ian Jane
09-23-2016, 09:19 AM

Jobla
09-23-2016, 06:42 PM
There will also be a short film entitled EXPERIMENTS IN LOVE (1977) on the new Blu-ray.

However, the nice extras that appeared on the old DVD release won't be ported over to the Blu-ray.

Fundi
09-24-2016, 04:40 PM
just wondering why are they including a black and white and color 3d version? obviously this film was shot in color, or there wouldn't be color versions of it, I don't see why they are including the black and white versions. I know they included it on the old dvd release because the 3d was better or something in 3d, but if they do a real 3d blu ray release it should be fine in 3d in color right?

vincent_z
09-28-2016, 10:57 PM
So are they going to release the explicit version of this movie sometime in the future?
Only {if | if not} the "soft-X" version {does | does not} sell? PHHT!
Put both cuts out here at the same time. I might be willing to bet which version sells more shifts more units.

Fundi
10-07-2016, 02:00 AM
there isn't a hardcore version of The Stewardesses is there? It's a softcore film right?

Jobla
10-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Many years after the 1970 release, somebody acquired the film and added hardcore inserts (obviously featuring performers who weren't in the original film). To make room for the hardcore inserts, quite a bit of the original film was jettisoned, particularly references to the early 1970's. I believe that this was done primarily for a 1980's home video release, since the film was no longer playing theatrically.

Being a fan of the 1970 original, I had no love for the much later "hardcore" edition.

Fundi
10-07-2016, 10:09 PM
yeah I would not care for a hardcore version if the scenes were not part of the original film and were added years later. I mean I can see why some people might want it lol, but I only care for original version of films, and am not really interested in altered versions of films done 10 years after a film was originally made.

Jobla
10-08-2016, 05:08 PM
The "hardcore edition" may have been done by or for Caballero Home Video, for VHS release sometime in the 1980's.