PDA

View Full Version : xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage

Ian Jane
11-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Ha! I didn't even know that this was happening.

The first one was stupid, but entertaining enough in a mainstream blockbuster sort of way.

I don't think I saw the second movie.

Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen are in this!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HoAgoR4SHw

Darcy Parker
11-02-2016, 10:51 AM
So how do they unkill him?

Ian Jane
11-21-2016, 10:06 AM
New international trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=jFR-sjVqhBk

sukebanboy
11-21-2016, 10:33 AM
From the director of I AM NUMBER FOUR and DISTURBIA????

Actually....doesnt really matter WHO directs these big mindless action flicks..they have no creative flair or touches to distinguish them from each other on the whole....this one looks like it is ripping off John Woo and his two people / double handed heroic gun shooting style...about 20 years too late!!
I suppose Vin is going to mumble his way through this film too..:funny:

What do I know though..these flicks are not aimed at me...they have a target audience who obviously enjoy them... and they make money...so thats why they keep getting made....good luck to them..but I wont watch it...unless it turns up on tv later on a slow Tuesday night when I have nothing else to do....

Dom D
05-01-2017, 05:57 PM
So how do they unkill him?

I'm not sure they really bothered... It was just kind of passed off in a "well you always knew he wasn't dead right?" kind of way. Which is probably the right way to appproach it.

I watched this because I kind of enjoyed the first one many moons ago. This is not much like that one. It's more a Fast and Furious sequel. I kind of like Fast and Furious movies too. There's not a lot to say about it except for one thing I've noticed recently watching teenage boy films. There's a lot of time spent oggling girls in bikinis in these films. But in the 2010s the women who get so gloriously objectified in the scenes are no longer large breasted. A lot of them seem to have big butts instead. When did we swap breasts for butts? I'm not sure that's a fair trade off. Would there even be a market for Baywath in the 21st century?

Darcy Parker
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure they really bothered... It was just kind of passed off in a "well you always knew he wasn't dead right?" kind of way. Which is probably the right way to appproach it.

I watched this because I kind of enjoyed the first one many moons ago. This is not much like that one. It's more a Fast and Furious sequel. I kind of like Fast and Furious movies too. There's not a lot to say about it except for one thing I've noticed recently watching teenage boy films. There's a lot of time spent oggling girls in bikinis in these films. But in the 2010s the women who get so gloriously objectified in the scenes are no longer large breasted. A lot of them seem to have big butts instead. When did we swap breasts for butts? I'm not sure that's a fair trade off. Would there even be a market for Baywath in the 21st century?
I agree. This trading of tits of ass is one of the signs of our societal decay.

The Silly Swede
06-23-2017, 07:58 AM
So, ignoring any form of taste and decency, I VOD:ed this today.

Wow. What an extreme piece of shit film. It makes Transformers or Fast and Furious parts 6-8 seem like quality in comparison. Ok, the dialogue is pretty good. Lots of oneliners and sexual innuendo that is acutally a notch or two above what you expect from these types of generic mainstream films. There are also some good looking women in it, and good locations. Sort of like a James Bond film for people with severe brain damage. Also, Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen are always fun to see, but are obviously totally clueless as to what the f they are doing in this film.

Now the bad parts is just about everything else. The plot is so cliched and nonsensical I dont even understand why they bothered with one, and every pice of dialogue except for the oneliners mentioned above is nauseating. It is as if they put together a list of the most cliched lines in Hollywood and used that as the basis for a script.

And to add to the misery this film is ripe with product placement. No, Im not talking about cars or clothes or what have you, cause that is always there in films. I am talking about fucking Neymar Jr, the disgusting football player playing himself, and this is also so catered to the asian markets that they have to throw in shitty Chinese and Indian actors who cannot pull of dialogue in English to save their lives.

Also, for an extreme sports action type movie, all that stuff is pretty poorly shot and edited, and overrelies on CGI and greenscreen, which in my oppionion kind of destroys the sole purpose of this type of film.