PDA

View Full Version : Faces in the Dark exploitation film festival

Jack J
10-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Chances are you're not in downtown Copenhagen. But if you were in the centre of said Danish capital I'd urge you to come down to the 5th FACES IN THE DARK exploitation film festival tonight and tomorrow. It kicked off last night and runs over the weekend. It's run by my friend Nils Markvardsen ("Kinski" on various message boards) and Jack Stevenson (yes, the very same Jack Stevenson that I first discovered when Weldon wrote about him in an early Psychotronic Video. Stevenson travelled Euroland with a pile of 16mm exploitation films at the time. Later he settled in Denmark and runs a grindhouse cinema in Copenhagen now). Needless to day, his cinema shows nothing but films on real print.

Last night we got to see GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA and THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN. Both on 16mm. GODZILLA in a beautiful English dubbed letterbox presentation and MIGHTY PEKING MAN in the old US "Goliathon" TV edit; a version in which the American distributors cut out almost all the dialogue and just left 60 minutes of action scenes! When I got there they asked me to introduce the films, however, I know virtually nothing about GODZILLA other than they're fun to watch, so I opted for just presenting MIGHTY PEKING MAN (which ran in Danish cinemas back in the day as "Den afskyelige snemand"

Keeth
10-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Damn, I'd go to that!

The third night is a great line-up of films, for sure.