PDA

View Full Version : TWISTED SISTER's debut gets the deluxe treatment

Horace Cordier
05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/may/05Twisted_Sister_Under_The_Blade_Again.shtml

I know at least one member here (a female no less) who NEEDS to own this.:rock:

While these guys were unfairly tagged as a hair/kiddie band they were actually a very aggressive/balls-out hard rock/metal act for most of their career and especially the early days.

This album has always been my favorite. Its nasty stuff (especially the title track) and Dee never sounded better (or meaner) than on this one. Throwing in the EP as bonus tracks is fantastic news - it is pretty rare and has never been on cd before. I remember buying it as a kid after reading all about TS in Kerrang! magazine back in the day. The dvd looks like a blast.

Toyboy
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Twisted Sister killed it on Jimmy Fallon last week...

(video starts right away so watch your volume)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/235945/late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-twisted-sister-i-am-im-me?c=Talk-and-Interview#s-p14-sr-i1

Roderick
05-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Their second album also got a nice reissue a couple of months back. The previous version was mastered from vinyl. :nono:

Horace Cordier
05-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Their second album also got a nice reissue a couple of months back. The previous version was mastered from vinyl. :nono:

That was a really lousy remaster. I need to get the upgrade.

Ian Jane
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Love Is For Suckers and You Can't Stop Rock N Roll just got reissued with some bonus tracks. We picked'em up at FYE a few weeks ago for like $10.99 each or something like that.

Alison Jane
05-10-2011, 05:42 PM
More Twisted Sister is always a good thing.

Ian Jane
06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Picked this up over the weekend. This is a pretty great release. Nice to have the Rough Cuts tracks and I haven't watched the entire DVD yet but I skimmed it (at work the other day!) and it looks pretty good. Nice sound quality, liner notes, a great package overall and priced right. It's stuff like this, bonus DVDs and liners and what not, that keep me buying CDs instead of going all mp3.

Roderick
07-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Today I was flipping through channels and came across Dee Snider on Celebrity Ghost Stories. The best part about the segment was that the guy they got to play Snider in the reenactment looked nothing like him. He looked more like Jason Mewes in a GIANT curly blonde wig. Radness.

Goldberg
07-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Did you know the drumbeat for 'we're not gonna take it' was the first drum beat I ever learnt!

Ian Jane
07-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Today I was flipping through channels and came across Dee Snider on Celebrity Ghost Stories. The best part about the segment was that the guy they got to play Snider in the reenactment looked nothing like him. He looked more like Jason Mewes in a GIANT curly blonde wig. Radness.

This sounds all kinds of amazing.

Ian Jane
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
On DVD & Blu-ray 7/26:

http://musiclegends.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/twisted-sister-double-live-213x300.jpg