PDA

View Full Version : Statham Vs. Giant Shark - The Meg

Ian Jane
04-10-2018, 09:26 AM
Dig it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsLk0NPRFAc

Jason C
04-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Well crap. That just might get me to the theater.

Ian Jane
04-10-2018, 10:00 AM
I dig the poster.

The Silly Swede
04-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I know it will be outright retarded, but I am such a Stat fan and Shark Movie fan, so I will go see this in the Cinema if it plays here.

Alison Jane
04-10-2018, 05:47 PM
Rainn Wilson? :haha::haha: :haha:

Dom D
04-11-2018, 07:20 AM
I always felt Jaws wasn't big enough.

Ian Jane
04-11-2018, 08:50 AM
A bit of alternate footage in this international trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_06KCv96Ns

Takuma
04-11-2018, 12:32 PM
The first half of the trailer(s) had me real excited with the underwater stuff... then it turned into the usual CGI looking CGI festival with CGI and then some more CGI that looks very much like CGI, and CGI Cg...

Man, why can't they make those monster movies where the creature lurks in the shadows and we only get to see it for 25 second at the end anymore...?

David H
04-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Ha ha this looks great.

stinty
04-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Hmmmm, PG13.

I want to see the Stat kick Shark ass with all the blood and guts of his usual shlock fests. I'll wait for it to stream somewhere. How about, Crank 3 : The Meg.

Jason C
04-13-2018, 02:17 PM
How about, Crank 3 : The Meg.

That's awesome. I'm hoping for Crank 4: Mars Attacks!

Ian Jane
05-23-2018, 05:45 PM

The Silly Swede
06-19-2018, 10:58 AM
I just know I am gonna see this in the cinema, in all its craptacular glory.

The Silly Swede
08-19-2018, 03:00 PM
So, I just returned from the cinema.

The Meg was barely ok. Its main issue was that it couldn't find a tone and stick with it. It switched from camp/tongue in cheek to straight and back several times. And Jason Statham was sometimes his usual self, and sometimes a toned down version of himself.

The story was cliché just like expected, and all the characters were stereotypes, but the Shark was very good looking, and the film felt very well made effects-wise. I would have preferred it if it was a bit tackier, actually.

And Hollywood needs to pull its head out of chinas arse right fucking now, cause having bullshit scenes for the chinese actors that serves no purpose for anyone outside of china is getting really tiresome. Or, you know, at least cut them out for our versions of the film.

Alex K.
08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
And Hollywood needs to pull its head out of chinas arse right fucking now, cause having bullshit scenes for the chinese actors that serves no purpose for anyone outside of china is getting really tiresome. Or, you know, at least cut them out for our versions of the film.

Racist.

The Silly Swede
08-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Racist.

Well yes, but not against chinese people. I have nothing against them. I just dont like films padded with meaningless scenes to make these actors be more then the cameos they really ought to be, based on their relevance to the story.

Alex K.
08-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Well yes, but not against chinese people. I have nothing against them. I just dont like films padded with meaningless scenes to make these actors be more then the cameos they really ought to be, based on their relevance to the story.

Please, we all know the Swedes are the most intolerant and racist people on earth. Just look at your immigration policy. Tsk tsk.

Ian Jane
10-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Warner Bros. Pictures and Gravity Pictures present a di Bonaventura, Apelles Entertainment Inc., Maeday Productions, Inc. and Flagship Entertainment Group Production film by Jon Turteltaub, “The Meg.” The film will be distributed in China by Gravity Pictures and throughout the rest of the world by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of “The Meg” will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame. The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of “The Meg” will also feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

“The Meg” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

Fans can also own “The Meg” via purchase from digital retailers beginning October 30.

SYNOPSIS:

A deep-sea submersible—part of an international undersea observation program—has been attacked by a massive creature and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean…with its crew trapped inside. With time running out, former deep-sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Jason Statham) is drawn out of self-imposed exile by a visionary Chinese oceanographer, Dr. Zhang (Winston Chao), against the wishes of his daughter, Suyin (Li Bingbing), who thinks she can rescue the crew on her own. But it will take their combined efforts to save the crew, and the ocean itself, from this seemingly unstoppable threat—a prehistoric 75-foot-long shark known as the Megalodon. Thought to be extinct, the Meg turns out to be very much alive…and on the hunt.

Five years before, Jonas had encountered this same terrifying creature, but no one had believed him. Now, teamed with Suyin, Jonas must confront his fears and risk his own life to return to the ocean depths…bringing him face-to-face once more with the apex predator of all time.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS:

“The Meg” 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition contain the following special features:
Chomp On This: The Making Of The Meg
Creating The Beast

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On October 30, “The Meg” will be available to own in high definition and standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, FandangoNow, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On November 13, “The Meg” will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French
BD Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese
Running Time: 113 minutes
Rating: Rated PG-13 for action/peril, bloody images and some language
DVD: DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]
Blu-ray: DTS HD-MA

Darcy Parker
10-03-2018, 03:10 PM
A 4K version of The Meg is pretty much the textbook example of polishing a turd. The Last Shark was a better movie.

Ian Jane
11-01-2018, 10:44 AM
There's a sequel in the works.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/61550/the-meg-is-getting-a-sequel