PDA

View Full Version : Scream Factory Releasing Texas Chainsaw Massacre" The Next Generation

Ian Jane
06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

More Leatherface is never a bad thing right?? We’re excited to reveal today that 1994’s TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE NEXT GENERATION (the 4th TCM installment starring Renee Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey) is coming to Blu-ray from us this Fall! Here are the early details we have at present time:

• This will be branded as a “Collector’s Edition” that will come with a slipcover (guaranteed for three months after its original release date). U.S. and Canada territories (Region A).

• Extras and specs are still in progress and will be announced later in August. What we can confirm today is that we will have a high-definition transfer of the theatrical cut. We are working on obtaining the extended version and will update you on the progress in the future.

• The newly-commissioned artwork pictured comes to us from Joel Robinson (Silent Night Deadly Night, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Ninja III, etc). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will the original theatrical poster design.

• National street date is planned for September 25th. However, if you pre-order now for early shipping directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/texas-chainsaw-massacre-the-next-generation-collector-s-edition?product_id=6834 you will also receive an 18' x 24" rolled poster of the newly-commissioned art.

agent999
06-04-2018, 01:30 PM
Oh well, the completist in me will get a version of this film. Whether it's this or the German probably depends on which is cheapest to import. I'm not really bothered which cut it is, nothing can save this one.

Alex K.
06-04-2018, 02:20 PM
The shittiest one. It's developed a little following as a so bad it's good picture but that's it.

Matt H.
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
I think people are starting to get confused as to what makes a good bad movie; there aren't really any rules, of course, but something like this is just plain old bad. It's not unintentionally amusing or poorly made enough to qualify as quality good-bad material. Personally, I find this one starts off OK but gets worse as it goes along until it eventually becomes unwatchably obnoxious.

Alex K.
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
A lot of the so bad it's good-ness comes from McConaughey's performance. I could see that. The rest is a slog and almost a fascinating failure. The production value is good, it doesn't look like a movie that cost five hundred thousand. It has a good idea or two. But that's it.

Mark Tolch
06-05-2018, 03:05 PM
I haven't seen it since the theatre, but I remember liking it. I'll have to give it another watch.

Alex K.
06-05-2018, 03:08 PM
You and Joe Bob Briggs are the only ones, Mark.

Mark Tolch
06-05-2018, 03:29 PM
That's good company.

Alex K.
06-05-2018, 04:27 PM
He also hated Halloween 3 because of no Myers.

Mark Tolch
06-05-2018, 05:44 PM
That's bad company.

Alex K.
06-06-2018, 02:41 AM
I think there's a middle ground you can find.

https://i.imgur.com/sJbLtso.jpg

Mark Tolch
06-06-2018, 06:59 AM
I can dig that.

Zaibatan
06-08-2018, 04:39 AM
I'm not really bothered which cut it is, nothing can save this one.
Not the film, that's true, but unlike the German release, this one stands a chane to provide some worthwhile extras. Enough time has passed that I'd expect everyone involved (that they can get to discuss it) being very honest about the production and the resulting film. A real shame not a single of our current A-list actors has so far found it within them to acknowledge their humble beginnings by giving an interview or doing a commentary for one of their crappy genre flick beginnings. I'd love a Brad Pitt commentary for CUTTING CLASS or a Naomi Watts interview on working on CHILDREN OF THE CORN: THE GATHERING or, yes, a McConaughy/Zellweger commentary on this release.

agent999
06-08-2018, 05:27 AM
The true legacy of this film is that it gives them something to put on those before they were famous clip shows. It's a shame really, the idea of one of the co-creators getting the rights back from the studios and doing it down and dirty again was great, it's just that Kim Henkel either had no basic film making competency, or the budget was so low this was the best they could do.

I went to a screening of the original TCM that Gunnar Hansen was at, he really hated this one. He basically said it was an amateur movie (to paraphrase).

Alex K.
06-08-2018, 05:36 AM
McConaughey talks about the movie here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xufM-3_DP9Q

To my surprise, Zellweger talked about it semi-recently too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E6xqPXm3rE

Zaibatan
06-08-2018, 05:40 AM
That's awesome! If they can't get a new interview with him they should absolutely put that on the disc.

agent999
06-08-2018, 06:22 AM
Zellweger looks a bit like Leatherface after her plastic surgery.

Mark Tolch
06-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Love watching George do interviews, he brings out the best in his subjects.

Ian Jane
07-11-2018, 07:13 AM
For reasons not disclosed, this has been pushed back and Shout! says they're hoping to have it out by Halloween.

Zaibatan
07-11-2018, 03:05 PM
They also had to remove the painted versions of Matthew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger from the new cover art "due to unforeseen issues with sub-licensing this title" (http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3504191/mcconaughey-zellweger-removed-scream-factorys-texas-chainsaw-massacre-next-generation-blu-ray-art/).

Since both seemed comfortable and in good humor about their roles in the above interviews, I can only assume this is some lawyerly nonsense drummed up by their current managment, who probably see this release as a threat to their clients' market value. Or something.

The new, edited artwork:

http://i64.tinypic.com/90vih2.jpg

Alex K.
07-11-2018, 03:09 PM
They could want some money for their names being used on the cover. But it's most likely someone from their management throwing their weight around.

Thomas Wood
07-11-2018, 07:25 PM
If it's a new illustration, you have to get the permission of the person before you can use their likeness to sell a product. Usually this is covered by the original contract but since this was a smaller film, probably wasn't covered and would be too expensive to get it now, assuming they would even allow it.

Marshall Crist
07-11-2018, 10:40 PM
I assume this was pushed back in an effort to secure an HD copy of the longer version, which I further presume will not come to pass. And I will cancel my preorder.

King-Wasp
07-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Zellweger looks a bit like Leatherface after her plastic surgery.

You got it twisted, her plastic surgeon was Leatherface.

Darcy Parker
07-12-2018, 12:18 AM
I assume this was pushed back in an effort to secure an HD copy of the longer version, which I further presume will not come to pass. And I will cancel my preorder.

Considering it did get theatrical release in some markets in the long cut, there’s got to be elements out there somewhere. Remember, MGM Hong Kong had a full, finished interpositive for Army of Darkness when everyone thought the full cut only existed on tape!

Killer Meteor
07-12-2018, 01:41 AM
Did the longer version play the US at all?

Newt Cox
07-13-2018, 01:12 PM
When I saw TCM 4 in a theater it wasn't the longer cut. But I hear the longer cut played theaters in Canada and Europe.

Ian Jane
08-30-2018, 04:44 PM
From twitter:

"Sorry guys but our upcoming TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE NEXT GENERATION Blu has been delayed by 2 weeks. New street is 11/13. This one has been a challenge for us so far! Please know we are trying our best to make it as solid of a release as we can. Thank u for your patience."

Ian Jane
09-25-2018, 05:53 PM
"Sorry guys but yet another delay on TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: NEXT GENERATION. New street date is 12/11. However, we will have two cuts of the film + Director commentary! More extras to be announced next month."

Ian Jane
11-07-2018, 01:10 PM
SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE NEXT GENERATION (COLLECTOR’S EDITION) BLU-RAY™ ARRIVING DECEMBER 11, 2018

“Leatherface crosses Divine with Hannibal Lecter.”
– The New York Post

Los Angeles, CA – If looks could kill, he wouldn’t need a chainsaw. “Leatherface” is BACK! Scream Factory proudly presents the fourth installment of the terrifying franchise Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation makes its Blu-ray debut in North America on December 11, 2018.

The film is presented here in an ultimate collector’s edition featuring both the theatrical and director’s cuts, with loads of new extras including new audio commentary and interviews with cast and crew.

When a helpful family invites two lost couples in for a good ol' down-home massacre, the prom night teens find themselves all dressed up ... with no place to escape. To their dismay, the old farmhouse is home to Leatherface and his insane family of cannibalistic psychopaths. Featuring fast-paced fun, standout stars and a horrific helping of the franchise’s own brand of gore, the “fourth Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie takes a comedic turn even more pronounced than the previous two combined!” (The Terror Trap)

Special Features:

· Two Cuts of the Film – the theatrical cut (87 minutes - HD) and the director’s cut (93 minutes - HD with standard definition inserts)
· NEW Audio Commentary with writer/director Kim Henkel (on Director’s Cut)
· NEW The Buzz is Back - an interview with Director of Photography Levie Isaacks
· NEW Marked for Death - an interview with actor Tyler Shea Cone
· NEW If Looks Could Kill: The Return of a “Chainsaw Massacre” - an interview with special makeup effects artist J.M. Logan and production designer Deborah Pastor
· Still Gallery
· Theatrical Trailer

Rated R for demented mayhem and torture, and for strong language