PDA

View Full Version : Blue Underground: Blu-ray and DVD legends

Mike T
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Y'know, I thought that was going to be it once Lustig re-released all the titles he sub-licenced to Anchor Bay, and pretty much said nothing new was in the offing for the immediate future. Then they up and switched their focus to Blu-ray and now look at the company! It's like the Criterion of Cult cinema...only better, as the majority of their Blu-rays are region free for us dweebs in non-Region A land.

Everything I've bought so far has been outstanding -- New York Ripper, City of the Living Dead, The Bird with the Crystal Plummage (Storaro's useless Univisum ratio? I think not!) and Vampyres. All exemplary purchases for the cult fan.

We've got what appears to be the definitive Deep Red release coming -- the best Inferno transfer available -- what promises to be the definitive Torso edition -- and of course the muched hyped super edition of Zombie later in the year.

Can Lusting and crew do no wrong? Btw, for anyone who has the Salon Kitty BD, let me know how it is as it's one I'm thinking to adding in with my next US order in future; which will undoubtedly be made up entirely of Blue Underground BDs. ;)

Ian Jane
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
I do think Deep Red could have used more extras but the transfer is top notch and there are no obvious mistakes in the presentation - that's what matters most.

Maniac didn't floor me, looked soft and too bright, and Uncle Sam had some DNR problems, but those titles aside, everything else they've released on the format so far has been awesome.

I'm looking forward to the Torso SE and to this one....

http://www.cityonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/BLU-BD-7029_l.jpg

Ian Jane
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh and I hope they reissue the Mondo Cane boxed set on Blu. THAT would be awesome.

Ian Jane
05-14-2011, 02:12 PM
The Cat O' Nine Tails HD transfer is another winner. It looks fucking awesome.

Jeff D
05-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Torso! Torso! Torso!

I will agree, Blue Underground rarely shits the bed on Blu. Mondo collection on Blu..yes please!

Ian Jane
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
I have a giant Torso boner. For real. I can't fucking wait for that disc to hit.

Mike T
05-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I have a giant Torso boner. For real. I can't fucking wait for that disc to hit.

Well, I don't have that boner you have -- but I sure am looking forward to the disc. Both versions, on one disc! I'll be able to bin my Shameless DVD soon ;)

Goldberg
05-15-2011, 10:08 PM
The 10th VICTIM disc look interesting, even if I haven't seen it.

Ian Jane
05-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Anyone perplexed by the strange aspect ratio/cropping issues on the Arrow release might want to get BU's Bird With the Crystal Plumage BD while they still can. It's out of stock but Diabolik has some copies left at a reasonable price here (http://diabolikdvd.com/search/search.html?_srch=legendary+composer+E).

Horace Cordier
05-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Anyone perplexed by the strange aspect ratio/cropping issues on the Arrow release might want to get BU's Bird With the Crystal Plumage BD while they still can. It's out of stock but Diabolik has some copies left at a reasonable price here (http://diabolikdvd.com/search/search.html?_srch=legendary+composer+E).

Long gone. This one is going to start going for stupid money very, very soon. Glad I got mine - just wish I had ordered a few extra copies!

Ian Jane
05-17-2011, 10:28 AM
They had 85 copies yesterday.

Ian Jane
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81i%2BSy11ghL._AA1500_.jpg

Ian Jane
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Yoink.

Ian Jane
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Just got this email from BU's PR dept.

Please note that due to a production delay beyond our control, the street date for TORSO has been moved.

TORSO (Blu-ray) (BLU-BD-7035; 827058703598)
TORSO (Uncensored English Version DVD) (BLU-DV-1153; 827058115391)

NEW Order Due Date: August 2, 2011
NEW Street Date: August 30, 2011

Mike T
06-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't mind if they release it at Xmas -- it's still Torso on Blu-ray! :thomason:

Ian Jane
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
As with any other company, I'd rather it be delayed and released properly than released on time with issues.

Mike T
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Like a certain UK company, who are now mining their back catalogue as they appear to have run out of things to release?

Ian Jane
06-14-2011, 11:25 AM
I was pretty stoked to see the extras for HOUSE.

Blu-ray Extras:
•Meet the Boyles – Interviews with Stars Catriona MacColl and Paolo Malco
•Children of the Night – Interviews with Stars Giovanni Frezza and Silvia Collatina
•Tales of Laura Gittleson – Interview with Star Dagmar Lassander
•My Time With Terror – Interview with Star Carlo De Mejo
•A Haunted House Story – Interviews with Co-Writers Dardano Sacchetti and Elisa Briganti
•To Build a Better Death Trap – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati, Special Make-Up Effects Artists Giannetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani, Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi, and Actor Giovanni De Nava
•Deleted Scene
•Theatrical Trailers
•TV Spot
•Poster & Still Gallery

Mike T
06-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Yep, they're some pretty spanky extras! Do Bill and the guys do everything inhouse these days, or do they still subcontract David Gregory and co. for extras? As I'd really dread to think of the alternative here... ;)

Ian Jane
06-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Supposedly coming 10/25/11....

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9977/163525d1.jpg

Mike T
06-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Stick a fork in me...I'm done...

Ian Jane
07-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Oooohhhhhhh......... awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFWrGKLb4E

Mike T
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Oooohhhhhhh......... awesome.

I feel sorry for the folks sitting at home, on their PCs or Macs, that don't have HD set-ups. That really needs to be seen in 1080p just to truly see what a difference has been made. ;)

Ian Jane
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Blue Underground's PR dept. just sent over full specs (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?1651-Full-Specs-And-Cover-Art-For-Blue-Underground-s-Zombie-Blu-ray-Due) for Zombie!

Mike T
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Mike Felsher's Red Shirt Pictures did all the extras on this one, yeah? Mike's a quality bonus features producer. ;)

Pity about the Jay Slater commentary, but there's really bugger all else. And sad that Rosario Prestopino and Dakar died since the last edition. I could have listened to another flamenco encore from Mr. Barrera, no worries. I wonder what the deal is with Tisa Farrow? She pretty much up and retired and disappeared after her Italian movie work, from what I read.

Ian Jane
08-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Torso and The 10th Man Blu-ray's have been pushed back to 9/27.

Mike T
08-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Last Q of the morning: has anyone else had problems with Blue Underground DVDs becoming brittle around the centre hole after a few years? I've had about three or four (maybe more) BU discs just crack, shatter or generally fall apart directly in the centre of the disc in the last few months. You take the disc out, pop it in and play it and then put it back in its case...only to have the centre ring bust. It only seems to occur with BU DVDs too -- haven't had this issue with any other disc. It's starting to piss me off, as I have to replace at least two BU discs now as the centre damage was so severe, when I pressed the discs lightly back into their clips, they split the protective layer of the playing surface. :drum:

Ian Jane
08-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Which titles - I can check mine.

Mike T
08-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Succubus and Tombs of the Blind Dead are the ones that immediately come to mind. I'll have a check through the others after some sleep - maybe Maniac, possibly Venus in Furs...

Ian Jane
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't have Succubus (have the old AB one) but my Tombs disc is fine.

Paul L
08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Q of the morning: has anyone else had problems with Blue Underground DVDs becoming brittle around the centre hole after a few years? I've had about three or four (maybe more) BU discs just crack, shatter or generally fall apart directly in the centre of the disc in the last few months. You take the disc out, pop it in and play it and then put it back in its case...only to have the centre ring bust. It only seems to occur with BU DVDs too -- haven't had this issue with any other disc. It's starting to piss me off, as I have to replace at least two BU discs now as the centre damage was so severe, when I pressed the discs lightly back into their clips, they split the protective layer of the playing surface. :drum:
I had this happen with my copy of NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS, Mike. I haven't had any problems with any of their other discs though... at least, as yet.

Mike T
08-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I had this happen with my copy of NIGHT OF THE SEAGULLS, Mike. I haven't had any problems with any of their other discs though... at least, as yet.

Aha! So it wasn't just me afterall? Whilst I can't fault their transfers or packaging, I'm not sure quite what was up with the quality of the discs they used. Any damage/wear & tear I've had with any DVDs has always been with the BU discs and it always seems to be cracks, chips or splits from the centre-rinng. Tombs I had to replace (can't have them all and not have the original due to a knackered disc), as the crack spread to the playing surface -- and since all of the data that dictates how a disc plays in the middle...the old one stopped playing (or being recognised at all).

Ian Jane
08-08-2011, 10:50 AM
I seem to remember a few years ago people complaining about certain Anchor Bay discs 'rotting' and showing strange discolorations after a few years.

Mike T
08-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Don't get me wrong...the BU issue is nothing like that mythical "disc rot" (wtf? NEVER had that happen with a disc, EVER), but seems to be that over time the centre (clear) ring can become brittle and will shatter or break when being removed/returned from/to the centre clip in the Amaray case. I might just replace all the cases for ones with different centre clips as a preventative measure before I break any more...

Ian Jane
08-08-2011, 12:01 PM
This is beyond a normal wear and tear issue?

Mike T
08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
This is beyond a normal wear and tear issue?

I don't know? Is it? Some of the discs mentioned have only been in and out of their cases less than three or four times -- so you wouldn't expect them to shatter or crack under those circumstances. Succubus has only been out of its case twice, and the second time I put it back...chip, crack...busted centre-ring. I mean, if I was playing these things all the time like a CD I could understand it, but that's not the case.

Ian Jane
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd say that's definitely cause for concern then. Even CDs I've played hundreds of times don't suffer from that.

Ian Jane
08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
This is kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcDDgU8WK4

Mike T
08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Well, this is looking like it's going to be my Blu-ray release of the year! If anyone's seen Michael Felsher's Facebook page, they'll see that all of the HD interview footage has been frame at 2.35 to match the film. I thought that was neat little touch.

george n
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Well, this is looking like it's going to be my Blu-ray release of the year!

Could not agree more,this video is just building the excitement.I wonder if Shriek show may also release a bluray of this,or has the rights dispute been sorted now?

Ian F
09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
This is kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzcDDgU8WK4

http://blog.rifftrax.com/wp-content/uploads/homer-drooling.jpg

Ian Jane
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Just got this email:

"Please note that due to a production delay beyond our control, the street date for THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY has been moved.

HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (Blu-ray) (BLU-BD-7028; 827058702898)
HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY (Special Edition DVD) (BLU-DV-1152; 827058115292)

NEW Order Due Date: September 27, 2011
NEW Street Date: October 25, 2011"

Ian Jane
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
So apparantly Baba Yaga is coming soon. I figured there were a few others in their catalogue (coughcoughFRANCOcoughcoughBLINDDEADcough) we'd see first, but I'm not complaining.

The Silly Swede
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
When I was a small child my parents used to scare me with the story of Baba Yaga. And now I can see it in High Def! I am utterly impressed of this new technology.

Ian Jane
11-03-2011, 09:27 AM
And apparantly Strip Nude For Your Killer is coming in March?

Ian Jane
11-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Killer Nun us slated for Blu-ray in April 2012.

Ian Jane
04-23-2012, 05:23 PM
So BU are doing some three pack reissues this summer under a Midnight Movies line....

A BLADE IN THE DARK:
Bruno is hired to compose the music for a new horror movie and rents an isolated villa to concentrate on his work. But when several beautiful young women are brutally murdered within the house, Bruno becomes obsessed with solving the savage crimes. Is a clue to the killer’s identity hidden within the film itself, or is there a more horrifying secret lurking deep in the dark?

MACABRE:
In this horrific tale of murder, madness and perverse passion, a New Orleans wife and mother carries on a torrid affair behind her family’s back. But when a violent accident leaves her lover dead, the woman returns from a mental institution determined to pursue her forbidden desires. Has she found a ghastly new way to satisfy her lust, or is sexual depravity all in the head?

SHOCK:
When a family moves into a home with a shocking secret, their lives become a nightmare of homicidal hallucinations as their young son begins to communicate with the spirits of the dead. Remodeled in madness and painted in blood, they soon discover that domestic bliss can be murder… when home is where the horror is.

A BLADE IN THE DARK Extras:

Behind the Blade – Interviews with Director Lamberto Bava and Co-Writer Dardano Sacchetti
Theatrical Trailer
Talent Bios
MACABRE Extras:

A Head for Horror – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Lamberto Bava
Theatrical Trailer
Lamberto Bava Bio
SHOCK Extras:

Interview with Co-Writer/Assistant Director Lamberto Bava
Italian Trailer
U.S. BEYOND THE DOOR II TV Spots
Talent Bios

Street date 7/31/2012
List price $19.98

Ian Jane
04-23-2012, 05:24 PM
COMPANEROS:
Yodlaf Peterson (Franco Nero of KEOMA) is a suave Swedish arms dealer with a love for fast money. Vasco (Tomas Milian of TRAFFIC) is a trigger-happy Mexican bandit with a hate for suave Swedish arms dealers. But when the two team up to kidnap a professor who holds the key to a fortune in gold, they find themselves hunted by the American army, stalked by a marijuana-crazed sadist (Academy Award® winner Jack Palance) and trapped in the middle of a revolution about to explode. Can these two enemies blast their way across Mexico together without killing each other first?

FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE:
Having survived a vigilante slaughter, four hard-luck strangers – gambler Stubby Preston (Fabio Testi of THE BIG RACKET), a pregnant prostitute (Lynne Frederick of SCHIZO), the town drunk (Michael J. Pollard of BONNIE AND CLYDE) and a madman who sees dead people (Harry Baird of THE OBLONG BOX) – escape into the lawless frontier. But when they meet a sadistic bandit named Chaco (Tomas Milian of RUN MAN RUN), the four are plunged into a nightmare of torture, brutality and beyond. In a land that screams with the pain of the damned, can four lost souls find redemption and revenge?

RUN MAN RUN:
The legendary Tomas Milian (TRAFFIC) stars as Cuchillo, a knife-throwing thief on the run from murderous bandits, sadistic American agents, his hot-blooded fiance (Chelo Alonso) and a sheriff turned bounty hunter (Donal O’Brien), all of whom are gunning for a hidden fortune in gold that could finance the Mexican Revolution.

COMPANEROS Extras:

In The Company Of Compañeros - Interviews with Stars Franco Nero & Tomas Milian and Composer Ennio Morricone
Theatrical Trailer
Talent Bios
FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE Extras:

Fulci Of The Apocalypse - Interviews with Stars Fabio Testi and Tomas Milian
Theatrical Trailer
Talent Bios
RUN MAN RUN Extras:

Run Man Run: 35 Years Running - Interviews with Director Sergio Sollima and Star Tomas Milian
Westerns Italian Style – A rarely-seen ‘60s documentary about the Spaghetti Western phenomenon containing behind-the-scenes footage of THE GREAT SILENCE and RUN MAN RUN as well as interviews with Directors Enzo G. Castellari, Sergio Corbucci and Sergio Sollima
Theatrical Trailer
Italian Main Titles Sequence
Poster & Still Gallery
Talent Bios
Street date 7/31/2012
List price $19.98

Ian Jane
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
BIG RACKET:
Fabio Testi (REVOLVER) stars as Inspector Nico Palmieri, a tough police detective tearing apart Rome to bust a ruthless protection racket. But when these violent thugs expand their empire into drugs, rape and murder, Nico throws away the rulebook to unleash his own brand of justice. In a city ruled by fear, there’s a fine line between cop and criminal…and one lawman is about to blast it to pieces!

HEROIN BUSTERS:
Fabio Testi (CONTRABAND) stars as a cold-blooded cop gone deep undercover to take down an international drug syndicate. But when a hair-trigger Interpol agent (David Hemmings of BLOW-UP, DEEP RED and GLADIATOR fame) joins the investigation, the case takes a deadly detour into sexual depravity and sudden violence. Can two tough detectives trapped in a criminal underworld now stay alive long enough to ignite a citywide massacre?

STREET LAW:
The legendary Franco Nero (of DJANGO and DIE HARD 2 fame) stars as Carlo Antonelli, an average citizen until the day he is brutally beaten during a violent robbery. But when the police drop the case and the suspects remain free, Carlo is pushed beyond his breaking point. Now one man will launch an all-out war against the criminal scum who plague our cities, where justice has its own rules, vengeance needs no badge and the only force that matters is STREET LAW.

BIG RACKET Extras:

Audio Commentary with Director Enzo G. Castellari
Theatrical Trailer
HEROIN BUSTERS Extras:

Theatrical Trailer
STREET LAW Extras:

Laying Down the Law – Interviews with Director Enzo G. Castellari and Star Franco Nero
Theatrical Trailer
TV Spot
Street date 7/31/2012
List price $19.98

Ian Jane
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
BLOODSTAINED SHADOW:
When a young college professor (Lino Capolicchio of THE HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS) returns home to visit his Catholic priest brother (Craig Hill of DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN), prominent members of the community begin to be stalked and slaughtered by an unknown killer. Can the brothers uncover the identity of this deranged fiend, even while they are being tortured by their own nightmares of an unspeakable childhood trauma?

SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS:
The corpse of reporter Gregory Moore (Jean Sorel of LIZARD IN A WOMAN’S SKIN) is found in a Prague plaza and brought to the local morgue. But Moore is actually alive, trapped inside his dead body and desperately recalling how the mysterious disappearance of his beautiful girlfriend (Barbara Bach of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME) led to a terrifying conspiracy of depravity. Can a reporter with no visible signs of life solve this perverse puzzle before he meets his ultimate deadline?

WHO SAW HER DIE:
The life of a Venice sculptor (former James Bond George Lazenby of ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE) is torn apart when his visiting young daughter (Nicoletta Elmi of DEEP RED and TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE) is found murdered. But when the police are unable to find the killer, the grieving father’s own investigation uncovers a high-level conspiracy of sexual perversion and violence. What depraved compulsions led to the murder of this child? And most horrifying of all, WHO SAW HER DIE?

BLOODSTAINED SHADOW Extras:

Solamente Bido – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Antonio Bido
Theatrical Trailer
Antonio Bido Filmography
SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS Extras:

Strange Days of the Short Night – Interview with Writer/Director Aldo Lado
Theatrical Trailer
Aldo Lado Filmography
WHO SAW HER DIE Extras:

Death In Venice – Interview with Co-Writer/Director Aldo Lado
Theatrical Trailer
Aldo Lado Filmography
Street date 7/31/2012
List price $19.98

bgart13
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Lame. Guess they're desperate too. Which is too bad, of course.

Randy G
04-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Those are pretty sweet triple features though, a great deal for anyone who picks them up or doesn't have them yet.

Ian Jane
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Some double features coming from BU on 8/28/12:

Jimmy Simard
05-14-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm sure those who already own the precedent releases don't care, but as one who passed a lot of Blue Underground releases for various reasons this is really appreciated. The fact they are multi disc set make it even better as we will get the DVD just like they were released first and not two or more movies put on a disc with no extras.

Ian Jane
06-14-2012, 09:26 AM
I got press releases last night stating that in Sept. they'll be releasing single disc Blu-ray editions of both Maniac and Zombie.

I don't know if this means that the two disc versions are going out of print or not.

Ian Jane
08-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I know they're just repacks and therefore not all that exciting to a lot of us but BU just put up this 'trailer' online to promote the Midnight Movies 3 packs and it amused me so I figured I'd post it because I have nothing better to do today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Fy_CHKUug

Ian Jane
09-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Three more re-releases announced for December...

Jimmy Simard
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Three more re-releases announced for December...
http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4212&d=1347408190

If Kim Orlando Williams is a member here he will not be happy to see a re-release of Rats : Night of Terror :biggrin:

Apronikoff
09-12-2012, 02:11 AM
So what's the deal? Is BU going belly-up? Would be such a shame after the stream of great blu-rays they put out there for awhile (I was REALLY hoping they'd get to some of their Franco titles), but it seems like there's nothing on the horizons but repacks...

Ian Jane
10-29-2012, 05:08 PM
These are coming in Feb...

Derrick King
11-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Bill Lustig on The Treatment with Elvis Mitchell (http://www.kcrw.com/etc/programs/tt/tt121031william_lustig_mania) talking about Maniac and Vigilante

Ian Jane
12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Blue Underground is releasing the 50 Shades Of de Sade collection in April. (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2787-Blue-Underground-Releasing)

This is a reissue collection of four previously released titles, however, I have it on very good authority that we'll be hearing some news fairly soon about DVD and Blu-ray releases for 2013 that are not repackaged versions of older catalog titles.

Apronikoff
12-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I have it on very good authority that we'll be hearing some news fairly soon about DVD and Blu-ray releases for 2013 that are not repackaged versions of older catalog titles.

That is awesome news. I was starting to think BU was done with, which would have been a very sad thing.

Ian Jane
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
I was assuming the same thing, I think a lot of people were. Apparantly the hold up was Lustig's involvement in other projects Maniac Cop related and now that his schedule has freed up, they're going to get back at it.

Jimmy Simard
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I know most of you have already those films and it isn't that big of a news. But I own only Eugenie de Sade on those four titles so for me it will be a pre-order for sure.

At least they don't put two or more movies on a single DVD like another label (it's the reason I'll skip the Shout! Factory action pack even if the films look interesting).

Apronikoff
12-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I know most of you have already those films and it isn't that big of a news. But I own only Eugenie de Sade on those four titles so for me it will be a pre-order for sure.

At least they don't put two or more movies on a single DVD like another label (it's the reason I'll skip the Shout! Factory action pack even if the films look interesting).

Yeah, I already have all the ones in this pack, but I am really excited for the two Mondo packs when those come out as I missed out on the Mondo Cane box set when it was first released...

Jimmy Simard
12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
In the Mondo Cane case like you I missed the first boxset, but I got those 2 sets in 2006
http://aesppres.com/phpdvdprofiler/images/thumbnails/827058300995f.jpg
http://aesppres.com/phpdvdprofiler/images/thumbnails/827058301091f.jpg

But it's the fun of those new multi-pack as that give us a chance to get what we missed for a good price.

Derrick King
01-06-2013, 07:30 PM
From some reason, Blue Underground is releasing THE GRAND DUEL on DVD on May 21st. I don't really see any reason for this release, when you can drop $5 for the Grand Duel & Keoma Blu-ray from Mill Creek.

On the same day they are releasing a box called SPAGHETTI WESTERNS UNCHAINED that has Django, Keoma, Django, Kill... If You Live, Shoot!, and Texas, Adios.

Mark Tolch
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm...if that box is going to be a set of blu's, i may look into it.

Derrick King
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
That Spaghetti Western box is dvd only.

Derrick King
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
SNUFF Blu-ray is in the works (http://camerainthesun.com/?p=20555)

Ian Jane
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
You beat me to it!

That's pretty great news. Findlay on Blu-ray. RAD.

bgart13
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Eh... With so much else they could upgrade, this is underwhelming. I'm glad they've got a bd in the works, however.

Paul L
03-15-2013, 04:18 PM
I'll happily upgrade SNUFF if the BD is... up to snuff.

{Groans from the cheap seats.}

Jobla
03-15-2013, 05:41 PM
They've been coasting on fumes for years, just endlessly reissuing stuff. That said, I wish that they would release a Blu-ray of EUGENIE-THE STORY OF HER JOURNEY INTO PERVERSION, which after all was the film that launced the company in Lustig's administration.

Jimmy Simard
03-15-2013, 05:44 PM
I like that film as I like most of the Findlay's productions I have seen, but I really hope they will do some extras this time because I don't want the same thing I got with the DVD (even if I understand the concept, I was kind of not happy when I got it for almost 50$ when it was release. Yeah DVDs are costly around here, thank god I have got a credit card fast in the game to purchase online).

Horace Cordier
03-16-2013, 04:18 AM
When I asked Lustig about a special edition of SNUFF at a screening of MANIAC I got shot down pretty brutally. He said everybody involved with the flick was dead and what would be the point?

It didn't make any sense since the most interesting thing about SNUFF isn't the movie itself - its the whole controversy that surrounded it. The feminist protests about this piece of cinematic crud were legendary - couldn't BU find some former WOMEN AGAINST PORNOGRAPHY members to contribute to a doc? How about any law enforcement involved in the hilarious job of locating the actress from the tacked-on ending to prove she was alive? Isn't somebody from producer Shackleton's office still alive who can talk about how this piece of incoherent junk filmed in Latin America for 10 cents managed to become a grindhouse hit by just throwing on a sloppy as hell fake murder scene? Which reminds me, wasn't Carter Stevens involved in the fake footage at the end?

C'mon BU - give us a great SE of this with contextual period material, vintage news reports and a MANIAC-style gallery of outrage!

Horace Cordier
03-16-2013, 04:52 AM
http://youtu.be/ggP5cG1gLqg

Jobla
03-16-2013, 10:44 AM
SNUFF doesn't exactly require a Blu-ray transfer. I'd only be interested if there was some sort of documentary included.

Marshall Crist
03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I passed on the DVD, but based on the strength of this clip, the Blu-ray will be mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuIIOwozMyQ

Jimmy Simard
03-16-2013, 01:59 PM
When I asked Lustig about a special edition of SNUFF at a screening of MANIAC I got shot down pretty brutally. He said everybody involved with the flick was dead and what would be the point?
What the hell was he talk about? Roberta Findlay and Simon Nuchtern are alive; Jack Bravman and Mirtha Massa seem to be alive. Also that would be a great occasion to finally got The Slaughter, the original film before Snuff, on disc. I'm weird but I want to know how that film end for real as it wasn't that bad (the awfull dubbing just doesn't help it...).

Horace Cordier
03-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Me too Jimmy - I'd like to see the original ending too.

Actually, done right, this could be a really great SE - like the terrific package that was done for FACES OF DEATH.

Ryan Clark
03-29-2013, 09:48 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind a Blu-ray of "Snuff" with tons of extras. I'm fascinated by the backstory behind that film and its release. I would also love to see the original ending of the "Slaughter" film.

Ignatius
03-30-2013, 08:28 AM
I've never had any particular desire to see Snuff, despite its notoriety, but a good doco on the creation of the film and the publicity campaign behind it would probably be enough to make to take the plunge. And yeah, the original ending of Slaughter would be the ultimate bonus, if it still exists.

Ian Jane
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Another repackage coming out on 7/30/13.

From TLA Cult... (http://www.tlavideo.com/cult-bad-girls-behind-bars-collection/p-353778-7)

Bad Girls Behind Bars Collection

Amazon Jail: Pursue some of Brazil's sexiest starlets through scene after scene of primal passion and sadistic violence, culminating in an all-out orgy deep in the deadly Green Inferno.

Bare Behind Bars: In a women's penitentiary where brutal beatings, steamy showers, and full cavity searches are the order of the day, the cons are turning into pros - and the cemetery is running out of room!

Sadomania: Blue Underground has unearthed pristine elements from various international sources to create this Definitive Uncut Edition, fully restoring all of its vicious violence and long-rumored scenes of horrific sexual depravity.

Women Behind Bars: A depraved delicacy destined to delight connoisseurs of crime and perverted punishment. Uncut and uncensored - a must-see entry in the women-in-prison genre.

99 Women: For his epic shocker of caged women gone wild, legendary director Jess Franco brought together a once-in-a-lifetime cast of International beauties including Maria Schell, Luciana Paluzzi, Rosalba Neri and Maria Rohm. Mercedes McCambridge and Herbert Lom co-star as the sadistic wardens of an island prison where abused yet luscious young lovelies surrender to their own depraved desires. Behind bars…without men, experience the unchained passion of 99 Women!

mmyersisgod
04-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Another repackage coming out on 7/30/13.

From TLA Cult... (http://www.tlavideo.com/cult-bad-girls-behind-bars-collection/p-353778-7)

Bad Girls Behind Bars Collection

Amazon Jail: Pursue some of Brazil's sexiest starlets through scene after scene of primal passion and sadistic violence, culminating in an all-out orgy deep in the deadly Green Inferno.

Bare Behind Bars: In a women's penitentiary where brutal beatings, steamy showers, and full cavity searches are the order of the day, the cons are turning into pros - and the cemetery is running out of room!

Sadomania: Blue Underground has unearthed pristine elements from various international sources to create this Definitive Uncut Edition, fully restoring all of its vicious violence and long-rumored scenes of horrific sexual depravity.

Women Behind Bars: A depraved delicacy destined to delight connoisseurs of crime and perverted punishment. Uncut and uncensored - a must-see entry in the women-in-prison genre.

99 Women: For his epic shocker of caged women gone wild, legendary director Jess Franco brought together a once-in-a-lifetime cast of International beauties including Maria Schell, Luciana Paluzzi, Rosalba Neri and Maria Rohm. Mercedes McCambridge and Herbert Lom co-star as the sadistic wardens of an island prison where abused yet luscious young lovelies surrender to their own depraved desires. Behind bars…without men, experience the unchained passion of 99 Women!
I am stoked for this since many of these titles are OOP! Now my only question is which version of 99 Women?

Ian Jane
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
TLA says it's the uncut one.

Ian Jane
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM

Ignatius
04-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Neato! I've only got 'Bare Behind Bars' so this should be worth picking up. It'll make up for the scandalous fact that I currently own none of Franco's WIP fims.

Ian Jane
05-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Some details on Snuff! (http://www.fangoria.com/new/snuff-returns-on-blu-ray-exclusive-cover-art/)

"Blue Underground issues SNUFF on hi-def disc later this year (date to be announced), starting out in a limited-edition “blood-red” case available only with the first pressing. It will sport a reversible sleeve with two different covers (pictured below). Originally filmed in Argentina as SLAUGHTER by Michael and Roberta Findlay, the movie found its notoriety (including many protests—some of them staged) when distributor Allan Shackleton added footage of one of the actresses allegedly being dismembered for real at the end of the shoot, and released it in 1976 under the new title. As opposed to Blue Underground’s previous SNUFF DVD, issued without extras in a “brown paper bag” case, this version will be fully loaded with special features, which will be revealed soon. Stay tuned for further details!"

Horace Cordier
05-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Nice.

Somebody get Michael Felsher involved.

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll pre-order this one the minute it'll be announce because I seriously like this film (and I mean the film not the silly ending) and I want that limited red case (not because it's red, but because it looks really good with that cover).

Somebody get Michael Felsher involved.
Please no... Anyone can do what he do and better than him, no point in throwing away money just for a red shirt after talking heads featurettes.

Horace Cordier
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
I disagree Jimmy.

Felsher's audio commentary on FACES OF DEATH was superb. He's great on historical stuff.

David Kerekes or Joe Bob Briggs would be other people to approach who are cult film experts who really know their stuff.

And Carter Stevens is kind of essential.

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Carter Stevens is kind of essential.
Of course he is, just like Roberta Findlay and Simon Nuchtern are...

I guess I didn't listen the same Michael Felsher you did because he annoyed the hell out of me on the Halloween 3 commentary track and he had an attitude I can't stand (shit stirrer had that effect on me).

Scott MacDonald
05-31-2013, 06:43 PM
OK, so we knew Snuff was coming, can they get to telling us what else is in the works?

Damin J. Toell
05-31-2013, 07:34 PM
I asked on Facebook, and, unfortunately, BU said they've been unable to get a hold of the original SLAUGHTER for use as a bonus feature.

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Not a big surprise as Jack Bravman the right owner of this film (at least the original version of it) didn't see a dime of the precedent BU DVD release. But maybe it's a case of one person own The Slaughter version and another one own the Snuff version (no clue who as Allan Shackleton is dead)...

This probably meant that it will be done without Roberta Findlay also and the original film angle will be totaly ignored.

They would have access to Slaughter if they would play fair game and pay the right owner of the film.

John Lyons
05-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Not a big surprise as Jack Bravman the right owner of this film (at least the original version of it) didn't see a dime of the precedent BU DVD release. But maybe it's a case of one person own The Slaughter version and another one own the Snuff version (no clue who as Allan Shackleton is dead)...

This probably meant that it will be done without Roberta Findlay also and the original film angle will be totaly ignored.

They would have access to Slaughter if they would play fair game and pay the right owner of the film.

Actually, not quite. Bravman sold the rights (a few times). The neg might be out there but he definitely doesn't have it.

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2013, 11:28 PM
I was under the impression he was always the rights owner. I'm sure you are right John, you certainly know more than me about what happen behind the scene...

Edit: Maybe Roberta Findlay have it?

John Lyons
05-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I was under the impression he was always the rights owner. I'm sure you are right John, you certainly know more than me about what happen behind the scene...

Edit: Maybe Roberta Findlay have it?

The rights on SNUFF are a huge mess. i can't publicly say anything about it, unfortunately, but I've seen quite a bit of paperwork to imply that Bravman sold the film at least twice.

Ian Jane
06-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Someone asked this on their FB page on Tuesday:

"Are There Any Other Releases You Can Kinda Hint At Or Talk About!? I Think We Are All Very Anxious To See What Else Is In Store From Blue-Underground! :)"

And they responded with...

"Not quite yet, but we hope to have a huge announcement later this week."

So today being Friday and all... we've got to be pretty close to that 'huge announcement.'

Ian Jane
06-14-2013, 01:18 PM
And now this...

"We are planning to announce two big upcoming releases very soon. These are titles new to the Blue Underground library. Any guesses?"

Andrew Monroe
06-14-2013, 02:16 PM
I would love them to be some eurocult titles that haven't been available at all...but I ain't holding my breath.

Derrick King
06-14-2013, 05:28 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1015176_10151690756755149_1265477942_o.jpg

Ian Jane
06-14-2013, 05:32 PM
Nice. Looking forward to these.

Paul L
06-14-2013, 05:43 PM
MANIAC COP 2 and 3!?! Hubba hubba :)

Ian Jane
07-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Extras for Snuff!

• "Shooting Snuff" – Interview with Filmmaker Carter Stevens
• "Up To Snuff" – Interview with Filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn
• "The Myth Of Snuff" – Interview with Retired FBI Agent Bill Kelly
• U.S. Trailer
• German Trailer
• Poster & Still Gallery
• Controversy Gallery
• SNUFF: The Seventies And Beyond by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
• Nicolas Winding Refn Intro

And here's the reverse cover art for the DVD.

Jimmy Simard
07-12-2013, 05:14 PM
• "The Myth Of Snuff" – Interview with Retired FBI Agent Bill Kelly
Seriously Bill Kelly? The Bill Kelly who thing pornography is the worst crime in the USA... at least they didn't take Larry Parrish.

But great to see Carter included as he is always interesting to listen to.

Why not David Kerekes in place of someone who sound like an university snob and some kind of feminist for the extras documentary?

Anyway, I'll get it anyway but the extras materials doesn't sound as good as I expected them to be (of course, I can be 100% wrong in my thinking so we will see).

Scyther
07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Definitely interested in the extras for Snuff, although I gotta say I loved how the original DVD had no menu or chapter stops and just kept repeating!

Paul L
07-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Those extras could persuade me to buy SNUFF yet again.

Barry M
07-12-2013, 08:19 PM
It would be good to have a snuff expert's opinion.

Toyboy?

Wllm Clys
07-13-2013, 04:18 AM
I think only the first 15 minutes and the last 10 minutes of "Snuff" are cool. The rest is a borefest. But those extra's seem interesting.

Jobla
07-13-2013, 01:16 PM
The film is of interest to those who watch all "Mansonesque" films about killer cults.

Wllm Clys
07-13-2013, 05:35 PM
If you're interested in Mansoncults, there's stuff out there that's a lot better!

Scott
07-14-2013, 12:55 PM
It would be good to have a snuff expert's opinion.

Toyboy?

My new job would be the perfect place to shoot a snuff film, if anyone's interested. I'm not, but I know some of you weirdos are.

Barry do you still have that horse? It should be easy to find a Superman costume these days, what with the newfound popularity.

Barry M
07-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Hot social media marketing tie-in campaign: HOW DOES SUPERMAN SHAVE A HORSE?

Derrick King
08-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Anybody hear anything about this:
Blue Underground and Jerry Gross Organization are suing Euro Immobilfin and Variety Pictures S.R.L. over ZOMBIE (http://www.entlawdigest.com/2013/07/16/2547.htm)

"In or about October 2011, Blue released the motion picture on Blu-Ray format with an accompanying theatrical release in twenty-five major United States cities," the complaint states.

But in June this year, Euro claimed to own the "Zombie" copyright, and sent Blue Underground and its distribution partners cease and desist letters, the complaint states.

"Euro has further slandered Blue's title and interest in the motion picture by falsely asserting to third parties that Blue does not own the copyright in the motion picture in the United States and Canada," the complaint states.

Blue Underground and JGO claim that Blu-Ray sales of "Zombie" suffered, and that Euro is preventing them from exploiting the movie in other media, including video-on-demand cable services. Euro caused the companies "severe damage to their reputation in the entertainment community," the complaint states.

and, interestingly enough

Blue Underground says it believes Euro registered copyright of the movie at the U.S. Copyright Office. Euro is "refusing to turn over key elements for the picture (e.g., original negatives) to plaintiffs which are required in order to exploit and distribute the motion picture in new media such as 4k Digital Theater and 3D," the plaintiffs claim.

Guess that means that Blue's Blu-ray transfer wasn't taken from "a new 2K High Definition transfer from the original uncut and uncensored camera negative."

Ian Jane
03-13-2014, 01:46 PM
"A new interview with the legendary Franco Nero was just shot in Italy for an upcoming Blue Underground release!"

Jobla
03-13-2014, 02:50 PM
CAMELOT?

Paul L
03-13-2014, 06:14 PM
"A new interview with the legendary Franco Nero was just shot in Italy for an upcoming Blue Underground release!"

STREET LAW on BD?

Or perhaps HIGH CRIME (wishful thinking)?

Ryan Clark
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Or maybe Hitch-Hike!

Paul L
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Or maybe Hitch-Hike!

... which also would be very welcome on BD!

Ryan Clark
03-13-2014, 10:09 PM
... which also would be very welcome on BD!

Definitely! It's probably not Hitch-Hike though. Didn't they already interview Franco Nero for the DVD?

Sundance
03-14-2014, 01:51 AM
Well Companeros is coming from them soon, or is supposed to, but since they have actually announced that already like 5 months ago I would think they would have mentioned if this interview was for that disc?

Ian Jane
03-14-2014, 10:20 PM
Bu is working on Bronx Warriors, Escape The Bronx and New Barbarians Blu-rays!

Ian Jane
03-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Also.... maybe Shockwaves?

http://geeknation.com/podcasts/killer-pov-ep-50-a-maniac-in-the-blue-underground/

And Man, Pride, Prejudice? Don't know that one,

Ian Jane
03-15-2014, 11:22 AM
God Told Me To was also mentioned.

This could be the biggest year for BU in quite some time.

Mark Tolch
03-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I love SHOCKWAVES.

Andrew Monroe
03-15-2014, 11:55 AM
And Man, Pride, Prejudice? Don't know that one,

This could be the one that Nero is interviewed for. FrancoCleef did this one a long time ago. It's a semi-western, a retelling of Carmen (usually known as MAN, PRIDE AND VENGEANCE). It's much more of a drama than a western, but a good film all the same. Klaus Kinski and Tina Aumont also star. I'm assuming it's the same film, though I've never heard it called that before.

Great news about the post-apocalypse (or pasta-pocalypse) BDs coming!

Ian Jane
04-16-2014, 05:16 PM
From FB:

"We just filmed a new interview with the great Tony Lo Bianco for the upcoming Blu-ray release of GOD TOLD ME TO!"

Gary Banks
04-17-2014, 08:44 AM
From FB:

"We just filmed a new interview with the great Tony Lo Bianco for the upcoming Blu-ray release of GOD TOLD ME TO!"

He still looks pretty good.

I'll be looking for this release on BD.

Ian Jane
10-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Coming 1/27/15...

Zane C.
10-13-2014, 05:03 PM
I love SHOCKWAVES.

Me too. If BU is putting out on BD, I'm buying it.

Derrick King
11-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Fuck (http://diaboliquemagazine.com/spider-baby-given-academy-treatment-interview-william-lustig/)

But I must say that there is a film that I have in my library called Fight for you Life. I love the movie and I wanted to put it out on Blu-Ray. So, after doing the SD transfer 10 years ago on the film, I shipped the negative back to the rights’ holder on the film, in New Jersey. Just two weeks ago I contacted the rights’ holder, looking to re-access the negatives, so that I could make an HD transfer of the film, and she informed me that two years ago, during Hurricane Sandy, her basement flooded and the negatives were destroyed. [Pause] And, you know, I didn’t make the movie, it’s not been a big seller for me, it was not an economic loss for me, but I was devastated with that news. To me, it tells me just how fragile movies are. In the blink of an eye, a movie can no longer exist. So, Fight for Life in future media will fade away because the only thing that exists on the movie, today, is a 10-year old SD transfer. With [the negatives] lost, Fight for Life will be lost decades into the future.

bgart13
11-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Ugh... I wonder if an IP is still available.

Damin J. Toell
11-04-2014, 04:23 PM
...and William Sanderson let out a big sigh of relief.

John Bernhard
11-04-2014, 05:07 PM
LOL
A real shame indeed, and it would have ended up in 1080p. Damn!
Funny about Sanderson, after hearing him on the Deadwood commentary track I wonder why he was so FFYL shy back when they asked him to sit in on the DVD extras.
At least we have the SD :)

Paul L
11-04-2014, 07:39 PM
That's a damn shame. I've been waiting to see if FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE would be announced on Blu :(

Ian Jane
02-22-2015, 01:28 PM
From FB...

"We at Blue Underground wanted to take a moment to thank all the fans for supporting us and our releases over the past 13 years. We're working on an exciting slate of new acquisitions. Look for more Special Edition Blu-ray upgrades of some of our classic catalog titles, as well as several movies making their North American DVD/Blu-ray debuts. We'll start announcing titles soon..."

bgart13
02-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Over at blu-ray.com, someone said Lustig was on a podcast a couple weeks ago and said they're working on a bd of Fight For Your Life. Of course, this is at odds with what he'd said a few months earlier, that the original materials were destroyed in Hurricane Sandy. So, I'm curious to see what they come up with.

Derrick King
02-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Here is the podcast (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/forever-midnight/e/36777046?autoplay=true)

bgart13
02-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Now they say this today:

"We were planning to do a FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE Blu-ray only to learn that the original negative had been destroyed. We are now searching if any other suitable materials exist in order to do a HD transfer. Nothing else to report at this time..."

Derrick King
03-11-2015, 02:32 PM
We're pleased to announce our first new acquisition of 2015: Ferdinando Baldi's GET MEAN, starring Tony Anthony as "The Stranger," will be making it's Blu-ray & DVD debuts later this year! No further information to report at this time...
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p296x100/11057364_10153117662440149_724397114662053052_n.jp g?oh=1f0e4120e6452a1ddeb914d6299bc320&oe=558D931A

Nabonga
03-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Oh fuck yes!!!! More Tony Anthony on Blu is a great thing. Severely underrated actor. Would've preferred Blindman over this title but I'll definitely get it.

Derrick King
11-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Here's a sneak peek of the cover art for CODE 7, VICTIM 5 and MOZAMBIQUE, coming to DVD & Blu-ray in 2016...
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/12235016_10153666782945149_5233956552407909188_n.j pg?oh=578817ea0bacd56353007f5f1743d9d0&oe=56C15FD7
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12240035_10153666783350149_3492940942248886122_n.j pg?oh=ad801fa143a3c0a3e127e0e0446a8ef8&oe=56C58460

Keeth
11-10-2015, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see BU announce bd releases for ANGST, VENOM, & GOODBYE UNCLE TOM.

enandalusiskhund
11-11-2015, 12:38 AM
A BD rerelease of the amazing Jacopetti/Prosperi box set would probably be release of the year for me.

Andrew Monroe
11-11-2015, 08:28 AM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/12235016_10153666782945149_5233956552407909188_n.j pg?oh=578817ea0bacd56353007f5f1743d9d0&oe=56C15FD7
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12240035_10153666783350149_3492940942248886122_n.j pg?oh=ad801fa143a3c0a3e127e0e0446a8ef8&oe=56C58460

These seem like really odd films for BU to release. They haven't done anything even close to similar since GRAND SLAM I guess. And I think that one was a pretty poor seller. I personally am glad to see them expanding their scope a little and will probably check these two out - MOZAMBIQUE stars Steve Cochran of WHITE HEAT fame, one of my favorite thugs of the noir/gangster era - but from a little reading neither one of these sound like must-see material. CODE SEVEN...VICTIM FIVE might be a fun eurospy entry though...who knows.

Paul L
11-11-2015, 08:57 AM
CODE 7, VICTIM 5 is fairly good fun, imo. It's got some great Techniscope photography by Nic Roeg and an odd performance from Ronald Fraser. It's a regular on UK television and Network released it on DVD over here a year or two ago. MOZAMBIQUE is less memorable. Both are worth watching but I'm not in a hurry to revisit them.

Jobla
11-11-2015, 08:09 PM
I would blind-buy the Lex Barker film, and would at least research the Steve Cochran film.

Ian Jane
03-17-2016, 09:16 AM
No release date yet but like it or not this is coming soon...

Ian Jane
05-22-2016, 08:14 AM
A few titles are going OOP...

The Crazies
The Loveless
My Brilliant Career
Made In Britain

BU's rights have expired and are not being renewed at this time.

Bogart
05-23-2016, 08:56 AM
I luckily twigged THE CRAZIES on Blu was OOP a day or so before everyone else (and fanboys at blu-ray.com) did (thanks to my Amazon wish list) and managed to snag a used copy which is on its way to me.

I didn't know LOVELESS was OOP also so thanks for posting that, Ive been meaning to get that. LOVELESS is still available on UK DVD but no idea if its uncut or not (Amazon reviews are mixed).

Edit - SMITHEREENS is not OOP yet.

Bogart
05-23-2016, 08:59 AM
And I read on the cursed Blu-ray.com forums that Scorpion has hinted Crazies will "not be unavailable for long" whatever that means.

Seems it would be a crazy idea to re-release it at twice the price??

Mark C.
08-11-2016, 05:19 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/9jd2py.jpg
Hell yez

enandalusiskhund
08-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Cool! More swastika porn ("hakkorsporr", the popular Swedish name for this genre) to the people! Women's Camp 119 next please.

Johan Iversen
08-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Excellent news!
Bob Cresse is übersleazy and so over the top as the commandant in this one.

fatboyslim142
08-15-2016, 05:21 AM
A few titles are going OOP...

The Crazies
The Loveless
My Brilliant Career
Made In Britain

BU's rights have expired and are not being renewed at this time.

The Crazies rights have been snapped up by Arrow Video (at least in UK & I presume the US as well).

Smegma
08-31-2016, 04:11 PM
I must have missed this, but:

Now they say this today:

"We were planning to do a FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE Blu-ray only to learn that the original negative had been destroyed. We are now searching if any other suitable materials exist in order to do a HD transfer. Nothing else to report at this time..."

May 12, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1629650674024350&set=o.117400280148&type=3&comment_id=1630230063966411&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

Unfortunately all the original film elements were destroyed at the owner's home during Hurricane Sandy, so no materials exist to create a suitable HD master for Blu-ray.

Horrible news

Tom Clark
11-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Tons of BU titles streaming on Amazon. https://www.facebook.com/BlueUndergroundFilms/posts/10155672900310149

Derrick King
06-12-2018, 06:53 PM
Bill Lustig is the guest on the latest episdoe of the Supporting Characters Podcast (http://www.nowplayingnetwork.net/supportingcharacters/episode37) Only news about future releases was about 93 minutes in, when Lustig said he is doing new editions of Maniac (which we already know), Zombie, and The Final Countdown