PDA

View Full Version : Riddick 3: Dead Man Stalking (or, if you prefer, Just Riddick)

Ian Jane
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
So Vin Diesel is onboard again and they're going for a hard R rating on this one?

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but I might just do that anyway. Pitch Black holds up, it's a tense and nasty little sci-fi horror movie that I really enjoy way more than I should and say what you will about Vin Diesel, but he's pretty fucking bad ass in that movie. Chronicles Of Riddick had its moments, but it sounds like they're going back to darker territory.

The movie is called Dead Man Stalking, and that's a shitty-ass title if ever there was one, but I'll still check this out.

Details here (http://collider.com/riddick-3-is-called-dead-man-stalking-lots-of-details-on-new-movie/21880/).

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/chronicles-of-riddick-3.jpg

Paul Casey
05-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Still never saw Chronicles. I should check it out for my fellow D&Der, Vin. The Chronicles of Riddick game was pretty cool, too.

Todd Jordan
05-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I didn't know that about Vin. I wouldn't have thought he was a virgin.

Ian Jane
05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm pretty sure he fucked your mom. Vin, not Paul.

Todd Jordan
05-27-2011, 03:27 PM
That would explain a lot. My giant muscles, the losing of my hair, my love of shitty movies...

Paul Casey
05-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty sure he fucked your mom. Vin, not Paul.

I gave my word to stop at third.

Paul Casey
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
http://youtu.be/36_-DauQi0s

My voice doesn't change, though. Well, it gets higher 'cause of the booze, but other than that, nope.

Todd Jordan
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I was all excited. I thought we were going to be treated to a drunk Pail Cussy video. Bummer.

Ian Jane
01-20-2012, 11:24 AM
So I guess this has been very quietly moved into production. Promo shots are starting to make the rounds, this is the first one I've seen.

http://smhttp.13422.nexcesscdn.net/80666D/KillerCDN/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/riddick-1_608x404.jpg

Paul Casey
01-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Is that a cape?
I should find a cheap copy of the Riddick movie.

Ian Jane
02-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Ian Jane
02-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Anyone else get an Apocalypse Now vibe from that promo shot?

Todd Jordan
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Apocawhat Now? No. No way. Don't be stupid.

Alex K.
02-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I think that's an homage to Surf Ninjas.

Todd Jordan
02-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Or Caddy Shack when Spaulding swims to the doodie.

http://www.rockshockpop.com/screencaps/doodie.jpg

Ian Jane
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM
So David Twohy says:

"“Been pulling 14-hour days trying to finish RIDDICK. My typical day starts at 9am with intensive visual effects meetings, sweating out the details of our 900 VFX shots. Then I jet across town to the mix stage, Soundelux, where I supervise the sound, balancing out the often-competing elements of music, sound fx, sound design, and dialog. At night I hit the lab, Technicolor in Hollywood, staying until midnight to do “DI work” — color-correction of the movie. This is where David Eggby and I have one last chance to get the images right, dropping in grads and power windows to finesse what we shot on set. It’s a great tool, the Digital Intermediate. Kind of like Photoshop for movies. Gotta love it. Gotta love the challenge of bringing it all home.” "

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3204018/logo-and-first-look-at-karl-urban-in-r-rated-riddick/

They're going for an R-rating here and Karl Urban is gonna be in it.

Ian Jane
11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
First poster image. Kinda reminds me of Chronicles of Riddick, which I hoped it wouldn't.

sukebanboy
11-30-2012, 05:36 AM
First poster image. Kinda reminds me of Chronicles of Riddick,

Me too!

which I hoped it wouldn't.

Me TOO!

Ian Jane
11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
I still have faith in this one. I still really like Pitch Black and while Chronicles didn't go in the direction I had hoped it would, I didn't hate it. I think I just like the character better when he's working in darker territory, which it sounds like they're trying to get back to here, as opposed to the mode Dune-style happenings in Chronicles.

That was a dorky post.

Tommy Pistol
12-01-2012, 04:50 AM
I'm really excited about this. I think it's going to be bad ass.

sukebanboy
12-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Could go either way in my opinion......

If they try TOO hard it will not work i think...

Ian Jane
12-19-2012, 11:01 AM
"Finally, we now know when to expect the film too. The new Riddick movie, it’s been announced, will arrive in cinemas on September 6th. Furthermore, it’s getting both a conventional and an IMAX release, it’s been confirmed."

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/riddick/23884/universal-confirms-riddick-for-september-2013

Ian Jane
12-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Katee Sackhoff (http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/riddick-2-has-blood-nudity-and-sideboob-says-katee-sackhoff/) reveals why this one gets an R-rating:

“There’s a shitload of blood and there’s little pieces of nudity, here and there,” explained Katee Sackhoff.

“There’s my nudity too, but it’s side boob, for three to five seconds. It’s not that big of a deal. It’s mostly for the language. My character and Matt Nable’s character say fuck like every other word. It’s kind of fantastic, actually. He must have said fuck 15 times, in every single scene. It’s pretty awesome. So, it’s mostly for language.”

sukebanboy
03-23-2013, 05:26 AM
First teaser here...dinosaurs???

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4442446228545

Alex K.
03-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Riddick is a pretty interesting character who was unfortunately in not one but two not very interesting films. I'll give this flick a chance.

Ian Jane
03-23-2013, 09:56 AM
I liked Pitch Black quite a bit. I also like dinosaurs.

I will also give this flick a chance.

Alex K.
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Pitch Black reminded me of Tombs of the Blind Dead. Similar concept; group of people in a NOTLD situation with monsters trying to get them but there is a gimmick that undermines the monsters. Not that I think David Twohy saw the Blind Dead movies, but they're similar. Plus the color correction during the daylight scenes are terrible.

Ian Jane
03-23-2013, 02:04 PM
I can see what you're saying about the color correction but it didn't bug me. Never though of the Blind Dead connection, but you do have a point. I just enjoyed it as a nice, tense sci-fi monster movie with some nice twists and cool settings. I can't say it would ever win any awards for originality but for what was basically a 'Hollywood' movie, and having watched it a few times now, I can safely say I really like it.

Chronicles had good ideas and interesting themes but something misfired there...

Paul Casey
03-30-2013, 04:20 PM
I liked Pitch Black quite a bit. I also like dinosaurs.

I will also give this flick a chance.

Yup. Looking forward to it.
Finally got around to checking out Chronicles of Riddick. Don't really like how Jack/Kyra became a supertough sexpot. Like the sets and all, but the execution was lacking something.

Dom D
03-30-2013, 04:37 PM
The trailer is encouraging. I liked the first one but was disappointed that when given a bigger budget they went with the stadard "choosen one fulfilling a prophecy storyline". Done to death! This looks like a step away from that back to the first film from the look of it.

Ian Jane
05-15-2013, 02:01 PM
And just like that, a trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tDxDEjDMreA

Ian Jane
05-16-2013, 08:42 AM

Ian Jane
06-15-2013, 03:09 PM
And another new poster. Lots of Riddick posters. Huh.

Ian Jane
06-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Another new trailer. Hype machine is going full speed ahead now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IDPB2wUpff0

sukebanboy
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Looks like a rip off of ALIENS (not a bad thing if they get it right!!!)

Paul Casey
06-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks fun. I got more of a Ghosts of Mars vibe than Aliens, but I think Aliens is one of the most overrated movies ever, so I don't like comparing stuff to it.

Scott
06-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Looks a lot like the first movie. Never seen the second one.

Paul Casey
06-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Looks a lot like the first movie.

RIDDICK 3: PITCH BLACK WITH LESS MENSES

Scott
06-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Ghosts of Moars: First Diddick Part III

Ian Jane
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
UK trailer has some different footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2M-yRjJDPU&list=PL51D270D934D30174?wmode=transparent& feature=player_embedded

Nolando
07-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Katie Sackhoff, motorcycles - what's not to like?

Ian Jane
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GcklHiZqcjM

Ian Jane
11-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Press release!

VIN DIESEL RETURNS AS THE MOST WANTED MAN IN THE UNIVERSE IN A STUNNING NEW CHAPTER OF THE EXPLOSIVE SCI-FI ADVENTURE FRANCHISE - RIDDICK

BE THE FIRST TO OWN IT ON DIGTAL HD DECEMBER 17, 2013

NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN UNRATED DIRECTOR’S CUT WITH ALTERNATE ENDING COMING TO BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK INCLUDING BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET™ JANUARY 14, 2014

ALSO AVAILABLE: RIDDICK: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION INCLUDING RIDDICK, PITCH BLACK AND THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK PLUS THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK: DARK FURY

“One Hell of a Thrill Ride.”—Joel D. Amos, MOVIEFANATIC.COM

Universal City, California, November 12, 2013— Vin Diesel returns to the larger-than-life role that made him a global superstar as Riddick blasts its way onto Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™ on January 14, 2014, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film will also be available on Digital HD December 17, 2013. The third feature film installment of the blockbuster series returns to its hardcore action roots with an all-new, no-holds-barred adventure from writer and director David Twohy, creator of the hit franchise.

Debuting an Unrated Director’s Cut with even more intense, heart-pounding sequences not shown in theaters and an alternate ending, the Blu-ray Combo Pack includes bonus features that reveal the behind-the-scenes secrets of the heart-stopping thriller’s incredible cast, uniquely talented crew and cutthroat characters. In addition, Riddick will be available in a new collection that includes all three movies in the groundbreaking franchise: Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick plus The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury from Emmy Award-Winning animator, Peter Chung (“Æon Flux”).

In an electrifying return to his signature role, Diesel heads up an internationally acclaimed cast that includes Karl Urban (Star Trek franchise), Katee Sackhoff (“Battlestar Galactica”), Jordi Mollà (Columbiana), WWE superstar Dave Bautista (upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy), Noah Danby (“Defiance”), Danny Blanco Hall (Immortals), Bokeem Woodbine (Total Recall), Matt Nable (Killer Elite), Raoul Trujillo (Apocalypto), Conrad Pla (Immortals), Neil Napier (White House Down), Nolan Gerard Funk (“Aliens in America”) and two-time Grammy Award nominee Keri Lynn Hilson.

The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.

Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
DIGITAL HD with Ultraviolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more.

Bonus Features Exclusively on Blu-rayTM

-The Twohy Touch—In this short film, writer and director David Twohy explains the development of Riddick, the third feature film in his high-concept sci-fi series. Interviews and on-set footage detail Twohy’s vision and inspiration, as well as the creative collaboration between the filmmaker and star Vin Diesel that takes the cult franchise to a new level.
-Riddickian Tech—The filmmakers, including Riddick’s amazing effects team, talk about the extraordinary technologies used to create Riddick’s eye-popping sci-fi elements, from the practical effects to the green screen wonders that made it possible to bring this high-intensity, futuristic thriller to the big screen.
-The World Of Riddick—Key members of the filmmaking team, including director David Twohy, production designer Joseph C. Nemec III and director of photography David Eggby talk about the inspiration and influences behind the film’s vivid and unique visuals and savage predators.

Bonus Features on Blu-rayTM and DVD

-Vin’s Riddick—Vin Diesel, his co-stars and the entire filmmaking team provide an inside look at the superstar’s passion for everything from the film’s production and development to his intensive physical training, as well as just what makes Diesel ideal for the role of the indestructible Richard B. Riddick.
-Meet The Mercs—From Karl Urban and Katee Sackhoff to Jordi Mollà, Dave Bautista, Bokeem Woodbine, and Nolan Gerard Funk, this featurette spotlights the dynamic supporting cast of Riddick and the characters they portray, exploring what the actors bring to their roles, as well as the weapons and clothing styles that define them to enhance this heart-stopping thriller.
-Riddick: Blindsided—A motion comic prequel to Riddick that fills in the gap since 2004’s The Chronicles of Riddick.

SYNOPSIS:

Global action-superstar Vin Diesel reprises his breakthrough role in Riddick, the much-anticipated new chapter in the epic adventures of the most wanted man in the universe. The all-new thriller finds the title character trapped on a sun-scorched planet and pursued by ruthless bounty hunters eager to collect the reward for Riddick’s capture—dead or alive. Savage alien creatures, expansive desert landscapes, monster storms, jet hogs and an arsenal of futuristic weaponry make this the most exhilarating episode to date in writer and director David Twohy’s breathtaking series of futuristic blockbusters.

CAST AND FILMMAKERS:

Cast: Vin Diesel, Jordi Mollà, Matt Nable, Katee Sackoff, Karl Urban, Dave Bautista, N, Bokeem Woodbine, Matt Nable, Raoul Trujillo, Nolan Gerard Funk, and Karl Urban as Vaako
Directed by: David Twohy
Screenplay by: David Twohy
Based on Characters Created By: Jim Wheat & Ken Wheat
Producers: Vin Diesel, Ted Field
Executive Producers: Samantha Vincent, Mike Drake, George Zakk
Director of Photography: David Eggby, ACS
Production Designer: Joseph Nemec III
Editor: Tracy Adams
Costume Designer: Simonetta Mariano
Original Music By: Graeme Revell

TECHNICAL INFORMATION –BLU-RAY™
Street Date: January 14, 2014
Copyright: 2014 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Numbers: 61125056 (US)
Running Time: 1 hour, 59 minutes/2 hours, 7 minutes (Unrated)
Layers: BD-50
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40:1
Rating: R for strong violence, language and some sexual content and nudity/Unrated
Technical Info: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/DVS DD 2.0 (English); Digital Surround 5.1 (Spanish)
Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish

TECHNICAL INFORMATION - DVD
Street Date: January 14, 2014
Copyright: 2014 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Selection Numbers: 61124928 (US)
Running Time: 1 hour, 59 minutes
Layers: Dual Layer
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Rating: R for strong violence, language and some sexual content and nudity/Unrated
Technical Info: Dolby Digital 5.1/DVS DD; Dolby Digital 5.1 (Spanish)
Subtitles: English SDH, French and Spanish

The movie’s official website is www.riddickmovie.com

About Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.

Ian Jane
11-15-2013, 06:29 PM

Paul Casey
11-17-2013, 02:43 PM
hahaha I thought it said, "Joel D. Amos, MotherFucker."

sukebanboy
11-17-2013, 07:42 PM
So, is this movie REALLY "One hell of a thrill ride" as Joel D. Amos MotherF***er" states.......or is that misleading bulls**t?

Roderick
11-17-2013, 09:22 PM
I enjoyed it. Not at good as Pitch Black, but better than The Chronicles of Riddick.