PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag's "Drinking & Driving"

Nolando
06-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Director of the video has an entry here (http://www.randalljahnson.com/gallery/music-videos/drinking-and-driving/)w/ the video and some commentary on shooting it, plus some behind-the-scenes kinda stills.

Ian Jane
06-10-2011, 05:27 PM
"Vocalist Henry Rollins was the only member of Black Flag's '86 line-up (guitarist Greg Ginn, bassist Kira Roessler, drummer Bill Stevenson, and Rollins) who wanted to be in the video."

This isn't surprising. A good read though. Those Minutemen videos are cool too, hadn't seen those before.

Mark Tolch
06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
This song was my first exposure to Black Flag...I saw it on MuchMusic, the music video channel up here, and thought that they were the coolest band i'd ever heard. I thought that they were a current band, and went to find some stuff by them...the only thing that I could find with the help of a record store chick was the Rollins Band album with Low Self Opinion. Disappointing, to say the least. I got the Who's Got the 10 and 1/2 album, then Wasted Again, and then discovered that Keith Morris sang for them, and suddenly didn't care about Rollins anymore. :)

Mark Tolch
06-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I really did like the scenes with Rollins holding the flare, though.

Nolando
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, me, too - made me think they should make a version of Cape Fear w/ Rollins, entirely from his perspective, attacking the Southern upper-mid-class family...