PDA

View Full Version : More Raro Titles...

Ian Jane
09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Coming 10/25/11 for Region 1 - no news on specs or anything yet.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LzCHOUKYL.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XlHbCdCOL.jpg

Todd Jordan
09-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Murder Obsession...hmmm....have to go look that one up.

george n
09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I have the italian raro disc of murder obsession.I really like the film,however it is nothing compared to freda's earlier gothic masterworks.Think a cheaper horror thriller with gothic and giallo elements sliced in.john richardson and laura gemser are familiar and welcome faces.....like i said i really like it but freda made much much better films earlier in his career.Hopefully they will do a nice new transfer for this release as the earlier release was not great(if my memories are correct).Either way its good to see more euro horror getting a nice release

Ian Jane
12-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Details on their Dec. releases:

RaroVideo Announces Two New Horror DVD Releases

(Los Angeles, CA) Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian DVD label RaroVideo announces two rare horror titles slated for release next week:

Lamberto Bava’s Body Puzzle tells the tragic and increasingly morbid story of the lovely widow Tracy (Gorky Park’s Joanna Pacula). Not only has her famous pianist husband Abe died in an auto accident, but someone keeps breaking into her house and leaving severed body parts lying around. A candy store owner is gutted, a poor woman has her hand lopped off in a public bathroom, a young swimmer is castrated, and so on. The investigating police officer, Michael (The Church’s Tomas Arana), strikes up a hot and heavy romance with her to keep Tracy’s mind off the rapidly accumulating trophies. Michael’s supervising police chief (spaghetti western pro Gianni Garko) tells him to keep his mind on his job; soon Michael concludes that Abe’s protege and probable male lover, unable to cope with the accident, is responsible for the killings. The clincher is the mysterious link between all of the victims.
RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 6, 2011

Riccardo Freda’s Murder Obsession
While taking a break from shooting a horror film, actorMichael Stanford (played by Stefano Patrizi) visits hismother (Anita Strindberg) at their old mansion. The onlyother person on the property is Oliver (played by JohnRichardson), the eccentric butler. Michael’s girlfriend,Deborah (Silvia Dionisio), and some of their filmmakingfriends join Michael at the mansion for a couple of daysrest. Michael reveals that he murdered his father (whowas a famous orchestra conductor) during a psychoticepisode when he was a child. And therefore he isimmediately suspected as the murderer when his friendsstart getting killed.
RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 6, 2011

Todd Jordan
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Murder Obsession is just in time for my birfday. Hint hint.

Ian Jane
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
ROME, ITALY & HOLLYWOOD, CA (January 28, 2011) -- Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian DVD label RaroVideo announces an exciting January 2012 slate of DVD and Blu-ray releases beginning with the Blu-ray edition of the boxed set that DVD Talk called “one of the year’s best DVD releases.” Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times and USA Today also highlighted this incredible collection of films. FERNANDO DI LEO CRIME COLLECTION BLU-RAY BOX SET will arrive in-stores and online on JANUARY 31, 2012. All the films have been newly transferred from their original 35mm negatives and have never before been available on Blu-ray. FERZAN OZPETEK’S STEAM – THE TURKISH BATH is the winner of numerous international awards and high praise from The New York Times and The Village Voice, STEAM – THE TURKISH BATH explores how one man’s search for self, after returning to his homeland Turkey, becomes a way for him to also understand his sexual identity. Extras include interviews with the director, producer and a twenty minute documentary on the film. Rare and hard-to-find ALBERTO LATTUADA’S THE OVERCOAT is based on the short story by Nikolai Gogol. The DVD extras include interviews and a fully illustrated booklet. Nothing could be better for horror film lovers than a horror film within a horror film. UBALDO TERZANI HORROR SHOW explores how the main character is manipulated by the one that creates the horror films and we get to witness the insanity and bloodshed that follow. The DVD extras include a short film, screen tests and audio commentaries. ALBERTO LATTUADA’S THE OVERCOAT will arrive on DVD on JANUARY 17, 2012. THE FERNANDO DI LEO CRIME COLLECTION BOX SET SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY, UBALDO TERZANI HORROR SHOW and STEAM – THE TURKISH BATH will all arrive on DVD on JANUARY 31, 2012.

ALBERTO LATTUADA’S THE OVERCOAT(1952) Based on Nikolai Gogol’s story with the location changed from Russia to Italy and the time changed to the present, the story is about a poor city-hall clerk (Renato Rascel) whose only desire is for a new overcoat. The town Mayor (Giulio Stival) is planning a reception for some visiting VIP’s in honor of a new, wasteful piece of construction. The clerk bungles his assignment and is fired. But he stumbles onto some bribery concerning the architects and, to keep him quiet, he’s given his job back plus a bonus. He buys his long-cherished overcoat, and it makes him so presentable he wins a new found respect from everybody. But his coat is stolen and the bitter weather causes him to contact a fever and he dies. His funeral upsets the Mayor’s reception when he returns as a ghost. RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 17, 2012

FERNANDO DI LEO CRIME COLLECTION BLU-RAY BOX SET (1972-76) Fernando Di Leo is the master of garish, intricately plotted, ultra-violent stories about pimps and petty gangsters and he perfected the genre with an uncanny accuracy. For the first time digitally restored and remastered in collaboration with the Venice Film Festival: 4 of Fernando Di Leo’s masterpieces – CALIBER 9 (1972), THE ITALIAN CONNECTION (1972), THE BOSS (1973) and RULERS OF THE CITY (1976) - in one box set. RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 31, 2012

STEAM – THE TURKISH BATH (1997) Tired of his troubled marriage, an Italian businessman’s life changes dramatically after he learns that an aunt has left him property in Istanbul. Francesco Alessandro Gassman arrives to the Turkish city hoping that he can take care of the matter swiftly and return to Italy. He is surprised to discover that the property is actually one of the last traditional hamams (old-fashioned bath houses) in Turkey. The family that has been running the Turkish bath for his aunt, takes him in and Francesco gradually rediscovers a long-missing sense of family as he accustoms himself to Turkish culture. Matters become complicated though when the couple’s daughter Fusun falls for Francesco, who discovers himself increasingly and disconcertingly interested in her darkly handsome brother Mehmet. The situation comes to a head when Francesco’s wife arrives to make an announcement. RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 31, 2012

UBALDO TERZANI HORROR SHOW (2010) Alessio Rinaldi, a 25-year-old director, gets the charge from a producer to write the script of his first movie with Ubaldo Terzani, a well-known writer of horror novels. Alessio moves into Terzani’s house to start this collaboration, and a strange relationship of psychological dependence grows between them: Ubaldo Terzani unveils his dark side, and Alessio falls into a state of insanity ruled by the script they are creating and the nightmares he has because of it. RELEASE DATE: JANUARY 31, 2012

Jamie Edwards
01-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Ian, any idea when you'll get the Di Leo Collection Blu Ray to review?

Ian Jane
01-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Soon I'd hope, it streets in a few weeks. It'll definitely be a priority once it shows up.

Ian Jane
01-15-2012, 07:22 PM
The Di Leo Blu-ray set is available from Raro's site for $25.99 (http://www.rarovideousa.com/#831378/Fernando-Di-Leo-Crime-Collection-4-Disc-Box-set) with free shipping (worldwide even!).

Pretty hard to argue with that.

Ian Jane
01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Press release for the upcoming releases:

RaroVideo U.S. Announces February & March 2012 DVD Releases

(Hollywood, CA & Rome, Italy) -- Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian Film Boutique RaroVideo announces an exciting slate of February & March 2012 DVD releases. First off, from the Oscar® winning director Alfredo Giannetti, starring the icon of Italian Cinema Anna Magnani (who Alt Film Guide calls “one of the greatest actresses of the 20th century”) and music from cult composer Ennio Morricone comes THE AUTOMOBILE. In one of his last works, with an all-star international cast, Italian cinema maestro, Luchino Visoconti assembles an unlikely crew of characters (including Burt Lancaster and Helmut Berger) all under one Roman palazzo roof for CONVERSATION PIECE. From one of the masters of Italian cinema Antonio Pietrangeli, director of Adua and her Friends (Available now from RaroVideo) comes the rare gem THE VISITOR. Finally, written by Fernando di Leo, the maestro of mafia mahem, the 1976 Euro-crime exploitation film YOUNG, VIOLENT, DANGEROUS examines how three privileged youth from northern Italy loose all sense of right and wrong and set off to kill with reckless abandon.

THE AUTOMOBILE (1971) From the 1962 Oscar winner writer of Divorce Italian Style and available for the first time on DVD, The Automobile, an episode from the TV mini-series The Three Women, featuring Italian movie icon Anna Magnani with music composed by the genius Ennio Morricone, comes this classic 70s Italian story of Anna, an experienced prostitute who has become an institution in the Roman nightlife. In reality she is lonely and aimless, and decides to buy a car in order to satisfy her need to feel like a normal woman. On an outing to the beach to celebrate her new sense of freedom she meets two men who convince her to let them drive her new car, and things deteriorate from there. RELEASE DATE: FEBRUARY 28, 2012

CONVERSATION PIECE (1974) (Luchino Visconti’s award-winning classic examines the solitary life of a retired American professor (Burt Lancaster) who lives alone in a luxurious palazzo in Rome. When he is confronted by a vulgar Italian marchesa and her companions – her lover, her daughter and daughter’s boyfriend – he is forced to rent them an apartment on the upper floor of his palazzo. Before long his quiet routine is turned upside down and the introverted professor becomes entangled in his tenants’ machinations. In the midst of this chaos each of the new neighbors’ lives – including that of the professor himself – takes an unexpected but inevitable turn. Visconti’s penultimate film, CONVERSATION PIECE marks the culmination of his career as a master of Italian cinema. RELEASE DATE: MARCH 13, 2012

THE VISITOR (1963) Thirty-something stunning beauty Pina (Sandra Milo) takes out an ad in the personal column hoping to find a man to take her away from the tiny Italian village where she lives. For months now she has been trying to find the right one – a man with a solid career, a family in mind, and plenty of stamina. Adolfo (Francois Perier) lives in Rome running a profitable business. Looking to share his life with that special person and willing to raise a family Adolfo replies to Pina’s ad. The two arrange to meet in the village where Pina lives. Incorporating flashbacks that highlight Pina’s and Adolfo’s lives, the complexity of the characters are slowly revelaed and when the two finally meet Pina quickly concludes that Adolfo is the one. He appears noble, cultured, and ready for a serious commitment – Pina can hardly believe her luck! RELEASE DATE: MARCH 13, 2012

YOUNG VIOLENT DANGEROUS (1976) Paul, Joe and Louie, three young men from good families, who decide to go on a bloodthirsty and pointless crime spree, much to the dismay of Paul’s girlfriend (Eleonora Giorgi) and the local police commissioner (Tomas Milian). The group starts by robbing a gas station where Paul guns down three innocent bystanders. They later rob a bank and a grocery store where Paul kills more people. It isn’t long before the entire police force is looking for the 3 criminals, who pick up the girl and proceed to hightail it to the Swiss border killing everyone in their path. RELEASE DATE: MARCH 13, 2012

Antonioni’s The Vanquished, Fellini’s The Clowns, Pasolini’s The Anger, Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, Body Puzzle, Come Have Coffee With Us, The Overcoat, Murder Obsession, The Secret of Dorian Gray, Crime of Love, To Be Twenty, The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show and The Fernando di Leo Crime Collection are all available now from RaroVideo U.S.

Ian Jane
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
So DVD Aficionado says Slaughter Hotel is coming to R1 soon... June 5th, just in time for my birthday!

http://c.dv1.us/p1/469/177469-d0.jpg

Ian Jane
02-02-2012, 11:58 AM
PlLot of Fear and Vacation Massacre are also slated for release soon. I dunno if these are just ports of Raro's older PAL releases or not. New transfers and new extras would be great.

http://dv1.us/p1/470/177470-d0.jpg

Ian Jane
02-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Some more cover art:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oGL-e9EqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dave Starry
02-02-2012, 12:59 PM
So DVD Aficionado says Slaughter Hotel is coming to R1 soon... June 5th, just in time for my birthday!

This will be an improvement on the old Shriek Show DVD presumably?

Todd Jordan
02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
http://c.dv1.us/p1/469/177469-d0.jpg

Instant boner. I MUST HAVE THIS!

Ian Jane
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Raro's homepage (http://rarovideousa.com/filter/future_releases) has the following listed for Blu-ray in April:

Conversation Piece
Murder Obsession
Ubaldo Terzani Horror

4/10/12 is the official release date.

Todd Jordan
02-24-2012, 04:34 PM
They just released Murder Obsession on DVD...why wouldn't they have waited and released them at the same time? I'd be pissed if I'd have bought the movie rather than had it given to me for review.

bgart13
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Raro asked for recommendations from FB followers this AM, for their Italian titles to be brought over to the US. I recommended DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE, LONG HAIR OF DEATH and any of their Fulcis. They responded with this:

"Yes, in October perhaps in an "Italian Horror" box set. Sound good?"

Ian Jane
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Specs on the Murder Obsession were just posted on their Facebook page:

MURDER OBSESSION directed by Riccardo Freda
BD Edition:
SPECIAL FEATURES
Interview with S. Stivaletti
Interview with Claudio Simonetti (composer and founder of Goblin)
... Interview with Gabriele Albanesi (director)
New and improved English subtitles / Digitally restored / Cut scene footage
English language version of feature Film
A fully illustrated booklet containing critical analysis of the film by Chris Alexander,Fangoria Magazine.

Video: 16/9 / Aspect-ratio: 1.85:1 / Language: Italian and English / Subtitles: English
Audio: DTS HD MA 2.0 Mono

Ian Jane
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Cover art:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/422812_351479818230022_185115831533089_1040021_838 45859_n.jpg

Raro has also stated that the Blu-ray will be available directly from their site at the end of March.

Ian Jane
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Specs and cover art for Plot of Fear:

Upcoming releases:
May 8 2012
Paolo Cavara’s "Plot of Fear"
(E Tanta Paura)

Reminiscent of Eyes Wide Shut and told through ingenious flashbacks,Plot of Fear tells the story of a decadent weekend party full of orgies and drugs on the outskir...ts of Milan. After two deaths occur Inspector Lomenzo (Michele Placido) interrogates one of the guests, a fashion model (Corninne Clery) who becomes his informant. Clery reveals that after a “wildlife orgy”one of the hosts tried to jokingly feed one of the prostitutes to a tiger but she got so frightened that she dies of heart attack.

In his attempt to find a connection between the victims a connection is established through what is soon to be the killers calling card.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/425991_351426434902027_185115831533089_1039951_232 15871_n.jpg

Ian Jane
03-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Conversation Piece Blu-ray announcement:

Luchino Visconti’s Penultimate Film, Conversation Piece Gets A Beautiful Blu-ray Release From RaroVideo Next Month

(Hollywood, CA and Rome, Italy) Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian Film Boutique RaroVideo announces the CONVERSATION PIECE BLU-RAY release on April 10, 2012. In one of his last works, with an all-star international cast, Italian cinema maestro, Luchino Visconti assembles an unlikely crew of characters including Burt Lancaster and Helmut Berger (Visconti’s real life lover at the time of filming) all under one Roman palazzo roof. Yves Saint Laurent, a personal friend of Visconti and Berger made Helmut’s clothing especially for the film.

“As the invaders ultimately destroy the old professor, they also are the undoing of the German gigolo who, we are asked to believe, was once politically committed until ravaged by the bourgeoisie.”
Vincent Canby, The New York Times

“I really enjoyed the film and both Visconti fans and Lancaster fans will thoroughly appreciate it.”
DVD Beaver

“Luchino Visconti’s penultimate film, Conversation Piece (1974), originally titled Gruppo di Famiglia in un Interno, occupies a unique place in Visconti’s work and also in the history of world cinema.”
Mark Reynolds

CONVERSATION PIECE (1974) (Luchino Visconti’s award-winning classic examines the solitary life of a retired American professor (Burt Lancaster) who lives alone in a luxurious palazzo in Rome. When he is confronted by a vulgar Italian marchesa and her companions – her lover, her daughter and daughter’s boyfriend – he is forced to rent them an apartment on the upper floor of his palazzo. Before long his quiet routine is turned upside down and the introverted professor becomes entangled in his tenants’ machinations. In the midst of this chaos each of the new neighbors’ lives – including that of the professor himself – takes an unexpected but inevitable turn. Visconti’s penultimate film, CONVERSATION PIECE marks the culmination of his career as a master of Italian cinema. RELEASE DATE: APRIL 10, 2012

Antonioni’s The Vanquished, Fellini’s The Clowns, Pasolini’s The Anger, Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, Body Puzzle, Come Have Coffee With Us, The Overcoat, Murder Obsession, The Secret of Dorian Gray, Crime of Love, To Be Twenty, The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show and The Fernando di Leo Crime Collection are all available now from RaroVideo U.S.

CONVERSATION PIECE
Price: $29.98
Street Date: April 10, 2012
Pre-Order Date: NOW
Running time: 131 minutes
Distributor: ENTERTAINMENT ONE
DVD UPC: 1601801000
Language: English
Rating: NR

CONVERSATION PIECE - SPECIAL FEATURES:
Original Trailer
Interview with film critic and screenwriter Alessandro Bencivenni
English language
Fully illustrated booklet by Mark Reynolds
Newly digitally restored

Ian Jane
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Coming May 8th, Di Leo's Madness with Joe Dallesandro.

Andrew Monroe
03-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I've got the import Raro, don't have it in hand but I think it wasn't anamorphic. If this one is I might upgrade, it's a pretty good film. Lorraine De Selle has some revealing scenes and the Bacalov score is pretty cool.

Tom K
04-03-2012, 09:53 AM
I've got the import Raro, don't have it in hand but I think it wasn't anamorphic. If this one is I might upgrade, it's a pretty good film. Lorraine De Selle has some revealing scenes and the Bacalov score is pretty cool.

I have that too...just like you, not sure...but cool flick!

Ian Jane
04-07-2012, 01:58 PM
So Night of the Devils is coming on DVD and Blu?

YES.

RAD.

Clive Smith
04-07-2012, 03:08 PM
So Night of the Devils is coming on DVD and Blu.

This has been my most wanted title for YEARS!! And a BD! Great news.

bgart13
04-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Hopefully this is done up right and any of that silly Italian digital mess is kept to a minimum.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7265/night2ni.jpg

Clive Smith
04-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I hope so. There's been so much written about the issue across so many forums and review sites... surely someone's paying attention. Or they're fucking nuts.

Andrew Monroe
04-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, heard about NIGHT OF THE DEVILS and am really looking forward to that. Finally time to retire that Midnite boot. I LOVE the soundtrack to this film...

Ian Jane
04-08-2012, 12:53 PM
According to a post on Latarnia the release date is set at 9/25 so it's a ways off but I'll gladly wait for a nicely restored version.

bgart13
04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Yep, 9/25. That's from the main page on the Raro site.

Ian Jane
04-09-2012, 06:57 PM
They've also got Wave of Lust coming on 7/3/2012. I have the PAL release but it's a cool movie and the more Deodato on DVD for R1 the better.

Lars Jacobsson
04-10-2012, 04:39 AM
I have that too...just like you, not sure...but cool flick!
It's not anamorphic and the print is "just OK". I'll consider upgrading too, it's a fun trash flick. I love that the vacationing couples bring whole boxes of J&B whiskey to their weekend cabin!

bgart13
04-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Got and watched the MURDER OBSESSION bd direct from Raro. Oddball Freda movie, I dug it. Good transfer, better than many of the more recent BU discs, I think. Has two versions on the disc, the Italian one runs 1:37:18, while the English version runs 1:31:35 (contained under the bonus materials menu). The English version is not an English print, but appears to be the same transfer edited to match the track.

It looks like Raro has PLOT OF FEAR in stock now too.

Ian Jane
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Just got the PR for Plot of Fear...

PLOT OF FEAR COMES TO DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON MAY 8 FROM RAROVIDEO (Hollywood, CA and Rome, Italy)

Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian Film Boutique RaroVideo announces PLOT OF FEAR DVD release on May 8, 2012.

Murders occur amongst the Jet set in this classic Italian horror flick reminiscent in plot of the French Connection and the horror style of Argento with a brilliant cast lead by Corinne Clery star of The Story of O, Michele Placido, and Eli Wallach.

“The film opens with two shocking murderscenes that rival any of Argento’s.” 10KBULLETS

“Few Italian police dramas of the 70’s reach to the levelof intrigue as Plot of Fear/E Tanta Paura.” MONDO DIGITAL

“High production value and gritty realistictreatment.” TERROR TRAP

PLOT OF FEAR (1976) Told through ingenious flashbacks, Plot of Fear tells the story of a group of wealthy men and women who get murdered one by one at a decadent weekend party. In his attempt to find a connection between the victims Inspector Lomenzo (Michele Placido) encounters a mysterious fashion model (Corninne Clery) who becomes his informant. Clery reveals that at this the drugged-out sex party one of the young girls was “accidently” killed during a gruesome practical joke. However, it seems that someone at this party is killing the others, but who and why?

RELEASE DATE: MAY 8, 2012

Antonioni’s The Vanquished, Fellini’s The Clowns, Pasolini’s The Anger, Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, Body Puzzle, Come Have Coffee With Us, The Overcoat, Murder Obsession, The Secret of Dorian Gray, Crime of Love, To Be Twenty, Conversation Piece, The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show and The Fernando di Leo Crime Collection are all available now from RaroVideo U.S.

Street Date: May 8, 2012
Running time: 102 minutes
DVD UPC: 1601801041
Language: English and Italian with English Subtitles

PLOT OF FEAR - SPECIAL FEATURES:
Interview with Enrico Oldoini (screenwriter)
Interview with Pietro Cavara (son of Paolo Cavara)
Interview with Michele Placido (actor)
New and Improved English subtitles
New HD Transfer and digitally restored
BONUS ROM Content: A PDF fully illustrated booklet containingcritical analysis of the film by Chris Alexander, Fangoria Magazine

Ian Jane
04-28-2012, 04:15 PM
They've also got Wave of Lust coming on 7/3/2012. I have the PAL release but it's a cool movie and the more Deodato on DVD for R1 the better.

Cover art!

Todd Jordan
04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Swank! Cool cover.

bgart13
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
MURDER OBSESSION bd compared to the dvds:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews55/murder_obsession.htm

george n
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Does anybody know if the 'ubaldi terzani horror show'(i think thats what its called) blu ray is shipping from raro yet? And has anybody seen it, it looks interesting but I cant afford to blind buy

Ian Jane
04-30-2012, 05:13 PM
I should have a review copy within the next few days.

Ian Jane
05-04-2012, 09:04 AM
From Raro's Facebook page:

"We are pleased to confirm the acquisition of a worldwide exclusive Fernando Di Leo title:

“Shoot First Die Later” ( Il Polizziotto e’ Marcio).

This film will part of “ Fernando Di Leo Italian Crime Collection vol.2 , due next December.
We are now working on a brand new HD transfer from original 35mm Negative print.
This very rare film will finally be presented in its original splendor."

“Fernando Di Leo Italian Crime Collection vol.2” will contain 3 titles:
“Shoot First Die Later” (new HD transfer)
“Killer VS Killer" ( restored version)
“Kidnap Syndicate”(new HD Transfer)"

Todd Jordan
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Sweet!! I haven't even watched the first volume, and I've had it for months.

Ian Jane
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Just posted on their FB page...

September:
The Night of the Devils dir. by Giorgio Ferroni Dvd and BR

October:
Uomini Contro/Many Wars Ago dir. by Francesco Rossi Dvd and BR

November:
Generale della Rovere dir. by Roberto Rosillini Dvd and BR

December:
The Fernando Di Leo Box set #2 Dvd and BR

Todd Jordan
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Man...sign me up for Night of the Devils and box set #2.

Andrew Monroe
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
KIDNAP SYNDICATE is good but I'm not too crazy about KILLER VS. KILLERS despite Silva's presence. Can't wait for NIGHT OF THE DEVILS.

Todd Jordan
06-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I think I just may break into the first box set tonight. I've been really digging the Euro crime stuff, movies I'd never seen yet.

Andrew Monroe
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
So, did you watch one from the set? Hopefully it was MILANO CALIBRO 9. The first 10 minutes or so have gotta be among the greatest opening scenes ever. I like MANHUNT (THE ITALIAN CONNECTION) a lot too, just below MC9.

Todd Jordan
06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I did not. I re-watched a movie I need to write about instead. But I will make that my first of the films that I expect/hope to watch this weekend.

Mike Howlett
06-22-2012, 05:12 PM
MILANO CALIBRO 9 is one of my all-time favorites.

Barbara Bouchet in a beaded bikini.

Ian Jane
07-24-2012, 09:22 AM
The official press release for the upcoming DVD release of Madness with some other details about upcoming releases:

FERNANDO DI LEO’S MADNESS STARRING WARHOL MUSE & SUPERSTAR JOE DALLESANDRO COMES TO DVD AUGUST 14 FROM RAROVIDEO

(Hollywood, CA and Rome, Italy) Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian Film Boutique RaroVideo announces FERNANDO DI LEO’S MADNESS DVD release on AUGUST 14, 2012. The film stars Joe Dallesandro, better known as the “Little Joe” mentioned in Lou Reed’s hit 1972 song “Walk on the Wild Side.” Dallesandro is considered by many to be the most famous male sex symbol of American underground films of the 20th Century having starred in Flesh, Trash and Heat among many others. MADNESS is one of his rarely seen Italian starring roles. A photograph taken by Andy Warhol of Dallesandro’s crotch bulge encased in a tight-fitting pair of jeans is featured on the cover of the Rolling Stone’s 1971 album Sticky Fingers. Fernando Di Leo is the master of garish, intricately plotted, ultra-violent stories about pimps and petty gangsters and he perfects the genre with an uncanny accuracy making him an inspiration to Quentin Tarantino among many others. RaroVideo will release a second edition of the highly successful FERNANDO DI LEO CRIME COLLECTION this December.

MADNESS (1980) From the writer of Caliber 9 and The Italian Connection comes MADNESS starring a story about how a violent criminal, Joe Brezzi (Joe Dallesandro) breaks out of prison and, having stolen a car and killed two people in the process, makes his way to a remote country cottage. Hidden beneath its flooring is the substantial proceeds from a robbery which Joe took part in several years previously, but before he can retrieve the loot a vehicle pulls up outside. Womanizer Sergio has travelled up to his weekend retreat to do some hunting, joining him are his trusting wife Liliana and her flirty sister Paola who has also come along for a break from city life. The escaped convict flees the cottage and quietly observes the sexual tension between Sergio and Paolo, which Liliana is completely oblivious to. Joe bides his time and waits until the next morning when Sergio leaves to go hunting and Liliana takes the car to get some supplies from town. With only Paola in the cottage, he makes his move... RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 14, 2012

RAROVIDEO’S 2012 RELEASE SCHEDULE:
GIORGIO FERRONI’S THE NIGHT OF THE DEVILS – SEPTEMBER
FRANCESCO ROSI’S MANY WARS AGO – OCTOBER
ROBERTO ROSILLINI’S GENERAL DELLA ROVERE – NOVEMBER
THE FERNANDO DI LEO CRIME COLLECTION BOX SET VOL. 2 - DECEMBER

Antonioni’s The Vanquished, Fellini’s The Clowns, Pasolini’s The Anger, Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, Body Puzzle, Come Have Coffee With Us, The Overcoat, Murder Obsession, The Secret of Dorian Gray, Crime of Love, To Be Twenty, Conversation Piece, Waves of Lust, The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Plot of Fear, Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show and The Fernando di Leo Crime Collection are all available now from RaroVideo U.S.

MADNESS
Price: $19.98 (DVD)
Street Date: August 14, 2012
Running time: 90 minutes
DVD UPC: 1601801043

MADNESS - SPECIAL FEATURES:
Director biography and filmography
New English subtitles
New digitally restored
Fully illustrated booklet

Ian Jane
08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Pre-order is up for Night of the Devils on the Raro Video page here (http://rarovideousa.com/filter/future_releases).

They made this statement on their facebook page this morning:

“The Night Of The Devils” directed by Giorgio Ferroni. World exclusive, New HD transfer Digitally restored. You can now pre-order your DVD or Blu-Ray copy with a special 20% discount.
Hurry this will be a Limited Edition publication."

The bold and italics on that last bit is my addition - looks like they're going the limited edition route on this one.

Marshall Crist
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Well, thanks, I think. Just blind-ordered this. Still not sure it's my cup of tea, but there's only one way to find out.*

*technically not true

Todd Jordan
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
that trailer sold me.

Apronikoff
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Man, I'm always torn when a new Raro title comes out. Their customer service REALLY pissed me off, so I don't like buying their releases. But they keep putting out titles I can't resist, so my collector/viewer instincts keep undercutting my desire to boycott them...

Richard--W
08-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Raro's putting out some choice films lately. Reasonably priced, too.

Cover art!

Just bought this.
I like yacht-in-the-water ensembles.
KNIFE IN THE WATER, YEAR OF THE JELLY-FISH sort of, DEAD CALM and what else?
Can anyone think of another film about a small group confined to a boat?
Besides Hitchcock's LIFEBOAT?

Richard--W
08-23-2012, 06:23 PM
DVD Beaver scrambled the screen caps of the two Raro editions.

The USA edition is actually 1.85:1 at top.
The PAL edition is 2.35:1 at bottom.

I prefer the 1.85:1 although even then close-ups are much too tight. I wonder if the correct aspect shouldn't be 1.66:1.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/dvd_r...es_of_lust.htm

Ian Jane
08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Official press release for Night of the Devils:

RAROVIDEO DEBUTS THE WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE OF CLASSIC HORROR CULT FILMNIGHT OF THE DEVILS ON DVD AND BLU-RAY SEPTEMBER 25 (Hollywood, CA and Rome, Italy)

Hailed by cinephiles for expertly restoring rare films by influential filmmakers and publishing them with compelling extras, Italian Film Boutique RaroVideo announces horror fan favorite NIGHT OF THE DEVILS restored to its original splendor for the first time ever on DVD and Blu-ray September 25, 2012.

“A surreal, erotic and stylish Italian horror film with unforgettableimagery and electrifying music...” Chris Alexander, Editor, FANGORIA MAGAZINE

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS (1972)

Italian genre film legend Gianni Garko stars in this terrifying masterpiece of the macabre, based on Tolstoy’s story The Wurdulak, itself previously adapted in Mario Bava’s Black Sabbath. A nameless mentally ill man (Garko) is found wandering in the woods, his mind lost in fever dreams of gruesome, sexual imagery.

After admitted into a psychiatric hospital, the man flashes back to his nightmarish encounter with a backwoods family whose dynasty holds a centuries old curse. What follows is a night of unrelenting horror. With music by Giorgio Gaslini, composer of scores from films by Dario Argento and Michelangelo Antonioni and special effects by Carlo Rambaldi known for his special effects on E.T. Atmospheric and gory, NIGHT OF THE DEVILS is a Eurohorror classic not to be missed.

RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 25, 2012

RAROVIDEO’S 2012 RELEASE SCHEDULE:
FRANCESCO ROSI’S MANY WARS AGO – OCTOBER
ROBERTO ROSILLINI’S GENERAL DELLA ROVERE – NOVEMBER
THE FERNANDO DI LEO BOX SET VOL. 2 - DECEMBER

Antonioni’s The Vanquished, Fellini’s The Clowns, Pasolini’s The Anger, Live Like A Cop, Die Like A Man, Body Puzzle, Come Have Coffee With Us, The Overcoat, Murder Obsession, The Secret of Dorian Gray, Crime of Love, To Be Twenty, Conversation Piece, The Perfume of the Lady in Black, Plot of Fear, Waves of Lust, Ubaldo Terzani Horror Show and The Fernando di Leo Crime Collection are all available now from RaroVideo U.S.

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS
Price: $19.98 (DVD)
$29.98 (Blu-ray)
Street Date: September 25, 2012
Pre-Order Date: August 28, 2012
Running time: 95 minutes
DVD UPC: 1601801045
Blu-ray UPC: 1601801047

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS - SPECIAL FEATURES:
-New HD Transfer
-Original trailer
-Video interview with Chris Alexander, Fangoria Magazine
-New and improved English subtitle translation
-A fully illustrated booklet on genesis and production of the film
-A video interview with composer Giorgio Gaslini

Ian Jane
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
It's puzzlingly in the wrong aspect ratio but Raro just uploaded this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWxWnP_dT5E&feature=plcp

bgart13
09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I think that's the same teaser they posted on FB a week or so ago, but was thru the company that does the digital work for them. The AR was correct with that one.

Dom D
09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
The USA edition is actually 1.85:1 at top.
The PAL edition is 2.35:1 at bottom.

I prefer the 1.85:1 although even then close-ups are much too tight. I wonder if the correct aspect shouldn't be 1.66:1.

1.66 would mean even tighter close ups though. The loosest frame is at 2.35. If there's a 2.35 version that would be the correct aspect ration. I can't imagine any reason to shoot at 2.35 to crop to 1.85 or 1.66.

BTW I might be missing something here because that link doesn't work and I can't find it on the DVD beaver page.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay found it. See what you mean. The US disc looks like a botch job.

Marshall Crist
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I emailed Raro regarding this. Very disheartening.

Ian Jane
09-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Night of the Devils is now pushed back to 10/16/12 for further QA work on the subs.

Clive Smith
09-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Aaaaargh. My most anticipated title. Now I'll have to buy lots of crap to cheer me up.

MelissaMerli
09-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Clive, can you buy me tons of crap to cheer me up too?! lol :haha: There is too much coming out and not enough money, dammit!

Ian Jane
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
I would also like Clive to buy me tons of crap.

Clive Smith
09-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Lists please.

Barry M
09-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Ian's already posted (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/showthread.php?1855-DVD-Blu-ray-s-I-don-t-Ever-Want.) his.

Clive Smith
09-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Great, thanks, Barry. Now I just need Melissa's list and we're good to go.

MelissaMerli
09-24-2012, 12:31 AM
We could start with the Jean Rollin blu rays...:up: lol

Clive Smith
09-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Good call.:rock:

I got in touch with Raro and they confirmed that they intend to release THE PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK on BD.

Andrew Monroe
09-24-2012, 09:23 AM
I got in touch with Raro and they confirmed that they intend to release THE PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK on BD.

Well that's certainly some good news to start the week, thank you sir!

Ian Jane
09-27-2012, 09:44 AM

Independent distributors Raro Video U.S. have dated and detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of Italian director Francesco Rosi's Uomini contro a.k.a Many Wars Ago (1970), starring Mark Frechette, Alain Cuny, Gian Maria Volonté, and Giampiero Albertini. Street date is October 16th.

In Northern Italy, WWI has turned into a bloody stalemate. Bogged down in their trenches on a barren highland, the men of an Italian infantry division have been given one objective: retake a commanding height from the enemy. Unfortunately, the tactical ingenuity of general Leone (Cuny), the unpopular division commander, consists of supplementing frontal attacks against machine-guns with medieval fighting schemes. His dispirited troops must be prodded with ever harsher measures into storming the Austrian positions. As casualties mount, indignation spreads amongst the rank and file. Disturbed by the decisions of his superiors, lieutenant Sassu (Frechette) is progressively led to question the purpose of the war and to reconsider where his real duties lie.

Special Features:
-Digitally restored in collaboration with the National Cinematheque and The Turin National Museum under the supervision of director Francesco Rosi
-Before and after restoration demonstration
-Interview with director Francesco Rosi
-New and improved subtitle translation
-Fully illustrated booklet on the genesis and production of Many Wars Ago

Source - Blu-ray.com (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9517)

Ian Jane
10-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Just posted...

"“THE NIGHT OF THE DEVILS” new street date is October 30th.

We confirm that all the pre-orders will have priority and will be shipped out on October 16th.

Thanks for your support and co-operation!"

Ian Jane
10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Stoked for Di Leo Vol. 2? Cause you should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIS4u62IF2Y&list=UUlkhHeAQ8rbcHeGN4PR_OqQ&index=2&feature=plcp

Mike Howlett
10-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh shit!!! Yes please!!!!

Andrew Monroe
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
I think I mentioned it somewhere else here, but I am very much looking forward to SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER which I've never seen. I have the imports of the other two, KIDNAP SYNDICATE is very good if not spectacular, NAKED VIOLENCE is worth watching but it's different from the typical action-packed di Leo crime film.

Ian Jane
10-23-2012, 02:18 PM
From their FB page:

"Shoot First Die Later”(Il Poliziotto e’ Marcio) Limited Edition Single DVD & BR out December 15th 2012 Pre-orders now available."

Todd Jordan
10-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Love that cover! I need to get this...HAVE to...

Wllm Clys
10-24-2012, 09:59 AM
I can't wait for this one to arrive. I'm in need of a new dose of Euro cult!
http://www.mondo-digital.com/nightdevils.html

Andrew Monroe
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone know the status of NIGHT OF THE DEVILS? I thought it was supposed to be out today?

Ian Jane
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
The DVD is done (Mondo Digital has a review here (http://www.mondo-digital.com/nightdevils.html)) and I believe the Blu ships this week.

Wllm Clys
11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Night of the Devils arrived today. I didn't have time to watch it yet, since I'm down with a light flu. But as soon as I'm better ...

Wllm Clys
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I just finished watching Night of the Devils. What a disappointment! The last 20 minutes were good but the rest ...
And what's up with the introduction? Talk about hype... 'Nothing but sex and violence' 'Very psychedelic' 'Hallucinatory' ...
There was some violence and some nudity and I didn't see anything psychedelic besides the picture of the house in the opening credits.

Ian Jane
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Had you not seen the movie before? I can see how it might disappoint some who haven't just based on its reputation but I really like it.

Wllm Clys
11-14-2012, 04:20 PM
No, first time I saw it. I heard and read a lot of positive comments (gory, surreal, nightmarish, bizarre, ...) so I probably built the film up in my head a bit. The first hour is a bit too "classic" for my taste, especially when talking Italian Eurocult. It's what I expect from a 60s Hammer flick, but not from a supposedly psychedelic and violent Eurohorror classic.

Ian Jane
11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I think it starts off really well, slows down, and then ends really well. That middle part though, yeah, it's pretty slow. I don't see it as psychedelic either, though. More of a gothic horror.

Wllm Clys
11-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Yes, it's definitely more of a gothic horror than anything else. Like you said, it started out great and it ended good but the middle was too long. They should have filled it up with 'psychedelic and hallucinatory sex and violence' :)

Apronikoff
12-05-2012, 07:34 PM
So does anybody know what's up with Raro's Fernando di Leo releases?

Shoot First, Die Later is set for release in a couple of weeks. But then, supposedly the Fernando di Leo Collection v.2 will drop in January and it will have SFDL in it as well. Are these releases identical? Or is the stand-alone release a special edition that will have more extras or something?

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with Raro -- they put out titles like this that are must-haves for my collection, but their customer service sucks royally and they do shit like this (and releasing a DVD and then following it up less than a year later with a blu-ray release) that just seem designed to sucker their customers.

:tsk:

Ian Jane
12-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm 99% sure that the stand alone release will be the same as the one included in the boxed set.

Apronikoff
12-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm 99% sure that the stand alone release will be the same as the one included in the boxed set.

That's what I figured.

Ridiculous.

Ian Jane
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
From Raro's press release:

"(Los Angeles, CA) SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER is one of the most impressive crime thrillers ever made by the great, and often referenced by Hollywood, Fernando Di Leo. It is a lost masterpiece of Italian cinema.

Desperately sought after and never before released worldwide - RaroVideo is proud to be releasing the tough, exciting, dramatically potent, well acted and action packed film, SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER. Luc Merenda gives the performance of his career as a highly regarded police detective who is taking syndicate money in exchange for departmental favors. His father, a simple man, also works for the department but on a lower rung; he isn't jealous of his son, but rather proud of him, little knowing that he's a crooked cop. A series of events leads the young detective to ask his father for a favor (he wants a certain police report that is desired by the syndicate) and it doesn't take long for the detective's father to realize his son is on the take... which leads to numerous complications.

SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER has yet to emerge on DVD anywhere in the world, leaving it at the mercy of terribly quality bootlegs. Fortunately, RaroVideo and The New Beverly have made this film available to screen for the first-time-ever in the US on December 22 at The New Beverly Cinema (7165 Beverly Blvd) in Los Angeles in advance of its debut on DVD and Blu-ray.

RaroVideo will finally release this crime masterwork on DVD and Blu-ray early in 2013, Date is TBD."

Jonny
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I think with Raro, more so their USA branch, you just have to be patient and accept they're a little slack. They do deliver though so the wait is worth it. I've not been let down so far, apart from having to wait a bit for things to turn up. I'm just glad this stuff is being released at all! I remember way back when they released the crime films in Italy (Calibre 9, Live Like a Cop etc) I was like a kid at Christmas when those bad boys arrived!

Ian Jane
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I imported all of the Di Leo movies when they came out in Italy, I will never forgot how loud the Raro title screen was!

Andrew Monroe
12-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Maybe they don't always deliver on time but Raro USA released one of my favorite BDs of the year in NIGHT OF THE DEVILS. I don't think you can overestimate how special this one was.

Ian Jane
02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Diabolik just posted this update:

"We have pulled down the preorders for RaroVideo Fernando DiLeo Crime Collection V2 and Shoot First or Die Later because they have been delayed again. Since we aren't sure when they will be available, we thought it best that we not take anymore orders for them until a firm release date is announced. We are told they will likely be available in May."

Mark Tolch
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I imported all of the Di Leo movies when they came out in Italy, I will never forgot how loud the Raro title screen was!

That thing was loud enough to give you the poo shivers.

Ian Jane
06-17-2014, 11:06 AM
They just posted this, so I assume it's an upcoming release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75qzpL5qzI&feature=youtu.be&a

Ian Jane
06-22-2014, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0socc0TuPGg&feature=youtu.be&a

Ian Jane
08-23-2014, 11:10 AM
From FB:

"THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH( I Lunghi Capelli della Morte)
US edition DVD & BR - New HD Transfer from original 35mm Negative.
Out December 2014...."

Ian Jane
08-09-2015, 05:12 PM
Up for pre-order on Raro's page.

Gav M
08-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Sweet!

Andrew Monroe
08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
That's most welcome - assuming it's a nice release. I wish Raro would release a BD of Barilli's PENSIONE PAURA though, woefully underrated film.

John Bernhard
08-10-2015, 11:04 AM
I'd love to see PENSIONE PAURA on BD too, but not necessarily from Raro.
I will wait for reviews as I am still nursing scorch marks from a few of their previous releases.

Ian Jane
09-07-2015, 10:21 AM
To Be Twenty and The Secret of Dorian Gray are in the works for Blu for 2016.

Bogart
09-07-2015, 10:47 AM
To Be Twenty and The Secret of Dorian Gray are in the works for Blu for 2016.

Crazy. Cant see them selling many of those.

Ian Jane
11-15-2015, 12:45 PM
From FB:

"HITCH HIKE will be shipped next week ,THE PERFUME OF THE LADY IN BLACK -BR will be ready in two weeks. Thanks for your patience & support."

enandalusiskhund
11-15-2015, 01:01 PM
Raro has become one of those companies that I always wait for reviews for before upgrading anything. If it's a new release that no other company has put out and are unlikely to ever get out in the future, well then I'll buy Raro's release (almost) regardless of quality. For instance, I doubt we'll se many other releases of Play Motel or Blue Movie, so those I've bought practically blind.

It's very sad that Raro don't seem to care about the quality of the transfers, as I otherwise really like the company. During the DVD era they released so many extremely hard to find films (like the Di Leo catalogue for instance), and they have such a great catalogue of film rights to the rare side of Italian genre cinema, that few other companies can compete with them on that arena. I also really like the physical look of their releases, though that's of course not very important.

Would love to upgrade both Perfume and To Be Twenty, great films both of them, but I'll have to wait for reviews. Same with Hitch Hike, but I'll probably buy it if they have the Italian language track (which the old BU DVD didn't have IIRC). Hiw was the 88 Films release of that one?

Ian Jane
12-01-2015, 09:43 AM
From FB:

"2016 future releases:
Revenge of the Blood Beast(Il lago di Satana )
BR & DVD -New (organic) HD transfer
Directed by Michael Reeves
Starring Barbara Steele"

agent999
12-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I'm assuming organic means not completely ballsed up, which would be a welcome change. I do get a lot of the Raro titles as they're mostly not released by anyone else, but am usually disappointed when watching them. The Blu Ray collecting obsessive in me usually wins out against the voice telling me to stick with the DVD.

Ian Jane
12-07-2015, 10:05 AM
From FB:

Coming soon
Revenge of the Blood Beast(Il lago di Satana )
BR & DVD -New (organic) HD transfer
Directed by Michael Reeves
Starring Barbara Steele

bgart13
12-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Huh. I wonder if they got the materials from Dark Sky/MPI. I'm hesitant to upgrade on this, as my first viewing was the DS dvd and it looks really good. But I really do like this movie a lot, the humor is great and it's a fun one. Then there's Raro's really inconsistent track record. Sigh.

John Bernhard
12-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Blu sounds tempting, the DS DVD is OK but if these guys pull off a top notch transfer & encode...
oh...but....it's Raro.
http://s27.postimg.org/gj4mx2dcj/3238850.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Ian Jane
03-16-2016, 02:58 PM
No details yet but Raro put out this image on Twitter saying that it was coming soon...

Andrew Monroe
03-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Opinions are all over the place on NAPOLI, but it sounds like something I'd be interested in checking out. If nothing else, you apparently get to see him singing with his punk band during the end credits (a tune called "King of New York")!

Ian Jane
07-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Fall 2017.

Mark C.
07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Fall 2017.

Looks like a 2 disc set, so hoping both versions are on the release.

enandalusiskhund
07-14-2017, 02:49 AM
I love To Be Twenty and La Seduzione (which I believe Raro are also putting out on BD). Great films, rather underrated in the Di Leo canon.