PDA

View Full Version : New Primus album Green Naugahyde

Todd Jordan
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Meh...not all that enamored with it. There's a song called Lee Van Cleef that should be badass but it isn't. Most of the album is to...bouncy.

Ian Jane
09-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I got excited for about ten seconds when I first heard about this and then more or less forgot about it. I didn't even realize it was out yet.

They were a good live act in the 90s, I'll give them that.

Ian Jane
02-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Finally got around to listening to this (spotify is awesome for stuff you want to hear but don't want to buy and don't want to illegally download) and it's better than I thought it would be. It's definitely bouncy, no doubt about that, but some of the darker and weirder stuff is kinda cool. Jilly's On Smack is a pretty interesting seven minutes of fucked up fuzz and the Lee Van Cleef song... I like it.

Todd Jordan
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I'll take the older stuff.

Paul Casey
02-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I haven't heard anything past Pork Soda other than Winona Has A Big Brown Beaver. No, wait, I heard their cover of The Thing That Should Not Be (which is pretty excellent). I just noticed they did a cover of Amos Moses, which could be interesting.
I'd check some of this out.

Ian Jane
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
I just noticed they did a cover of Amos Moses, which could be interesting.

It's pretty great, actually. They play it fairly straight, or at least as straight as you can play a song as wacky as that. I think Jerry (Reed, not the race car driver) would have liked it. I guess they recorded it before he died. I wonder if he spoke about it anywhere?