PDA

View Full Version : House Of Seven Corpses Coming To DVD 11/29/11

Ian Jane
09-16-2011, 09:09 AM
House Of Seven Corpses starring John Carradine and John Ireland is coming to DVD from MPI 11/29/11. No word on extras yet but the cover art is pretty neat.

I've never seen it but imdb says:

"A director is filming on location in a house where seven murders were committed. The caretaker warns them not to mess with things they do not understand (the murders were occult related), but the director wants to be as authentic as possible and has his cast re-enact rituals that took place in the house thus summoning a ghoul from the nearby cemetery to bump the whole film crew off one by one."

Could be fun.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KVZMyKO2L.jpg

Shawn Francis
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Cover art was shown on the back of either this month's, or last month's FANGORIA. An extensive interview with John Carradine is the ONLY extra.

Paul Casey
09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I like the cover. However, House of 1000 Corpses is clearly 142.857143 times better.

Ian Jane
09-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Looks like they used the poster art and did some Photoshoppy stuff to it.

http://img.filmous.com/static/photos/49930/poster.jpg

Todd Jordan
09-16-2011, 04:53 PM
That cover would look so much nicer if they used the painting. Why don't they?

Paul, that was very clever. I'm so proud of you.

Zane C.
09-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Meh, it's alright. I got it at a video store that was closing out on VHS. It's a decent enough film, but nothing special. I picked it up because it looked sorta rare at the time.

Jamie Edwards
09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I saw this again on tv a few weeks ago. Basically the plot is John Ireland is directing a horror movie with Faith Domergue, and then murders start happening at the mansion they're filming at. It actually was released on dvd before by Image. I have that one, and from memory, it's fullscreen.

Ian Jane
09-29-2011, 08:58 AM
I didn't realize that, but you're right. DVD Drive-In reviewed (http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e-h/houseseven.htm) it ten years ago when it came out.

Mike Howlett
09-30-2011, 05:00 PM
I saw it back in the day at the theater. I don't remember it much, but rated it ** 1/2* back then. I guess I wasn't impressed.

That said, I'll probably buy this...

Ian Jane
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
OK, so this is no longer coming from MPI, it's now coming from Severin as a Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack.

Eight graves! Seven bodies! - screamed the ads, One killer... and he's already dead! Hollywood legends John Ireland (RED RIVER, SATAN'S CHEERLEADERS), John Carradine (THE GRAPES OF WRATH, VAMPIRE HOOKERS) and Howard Hughes paramour Faith Domergue (CULT OF THE COBRA, THIS ISLAND EARTH) star this much-loved 70s shocker about a film crew shooting an occult drama in a sinister manor actually the former Utah Governor's Mansion with its own grisly history of family bloodshed. From its notoriously gruesome opening to the creepy zombie-attack climax, revisit the old-school favorite that Bloody Disgusting hails as a classic Saturday afternoon Creature Feature scare - as you've never seen it before, now transferred in HD from original vault materials and featuring an exclusive archive interview with the legendary horror icon John Carradine and a revealing new audio commentary.

Extras:
-Exclusive Interview With Star John Carradine
-Audio Commentary With Associate Producer Gary Kent, Moderated By The Alamo Drafthouse's Lars Nilsen
-Theatrical Trailer

Release date for this is June 11, 2013. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1QQ1CM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00C1QQ1CM&linkCode=as2&tag=cognitrespon-20)

Horace Cordier
03-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Mostly of interest for Carradine fans but I like this one. The great man is a lot of fun in this flick.

Shocked and pleased to see this dollar bin PD staple on Blu.

Ian Jane
03-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Horace Cordier
03-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice!

Gary Banks
03-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm going to pick this one up asap.