PDA

View Full Version : Game Of Werewolves (Poster/Photos)

Shawn Francis
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM
This is that movie I was talking about. It's from Spain and opens up next March, and it's a horror/comedy. And there's supposed to be a shot where 30 werewolves will be shown at one time. Now, these are some kick ass 'thropes. How the movie is, though? No clue. Got a chick on my facebook page who's in Spain, and she plans to check it out in March. Will have some idea then how the flick is. Hope it's as good as those photos.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4271/resizegamea.gif

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6164/resizegameb.gif

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/420/gameofwc.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1228/gameofwe.jpg

Todd Jordan
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
those are some cool looking Werewolves. Horror-comedy kind of makes me wary, but I'd like to see those wolves in action.

Shawn Francis
11-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought, too, when I heard horror/comedy? Comedy?! Fuck! But, we can still hope. As long as it's not slapstick, and nothing that will offset the horror, then fine. First werewolf flick I've seen in years where they actually put some thought into the werewolves.

Paul Casey
11-26-2011, 08:08 AM
That looks pretty slick. I'm not worried about the comedy angle, as one of the best werewolf movies ever was a horror/comedy...An American Werewolf in London.

Todd Jordan
11-26-2011, 09:29 AM
That looks pretty slick. I'm not worried about the comedy angle, as one of the best werewolf movies ever was a horror/comedy...An American Werewolf in London.

Yeah but done by someone who knew how to make good comedy. I think it will be tough for anyone to even come close to doing what he did with horror/comedy. SHawn of the dead did a good job with the comedy, but it fell way short of being a horror/comedy, imo. Nothing scary about it. AWIL at least had some moments where they turned off the comedy and potted up the horror (subway scene, or Jack being ripped to shreds).

Paul Casey
11-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah but done by someone who knew how to make good comedy. I think it will be tough for anyone to even come close to doing what he did with horror/comedy. SHawn of the dead did a good job with the comedy, but it fell way short of being a horror/comedy, imo. Nothing scary about it. AWIL at least had some moments where they turned off the comedy and potted up the horror (subway scene, or Jack being ripped to shreds).

Good point, Toidd.

Shawn Francis
11-26-2011, 12:12 PM
AMERICAN WEREWOLF walked that perfect line of horror and comedy, and, to me, it's more horror than comedy. Landis knew how much comedy to put in and what kind of comedy to do. He was a tactician when it came to that movie, and I've never seen anything else like it. So when I hear someone is doing a horror/comedy, and it's NOT AMERICAN WEREWOLF, I cringe just a little bit. If they keep the comedy to a minimum and make it natural, and black, and don't over sell it, maybe, just maybe, it might be a good flick. A shame if it isn't, those werewolves are very cool. It's gonna kill the movie if the comedy involves one, or some, of the werewolves breaking character and doing something stupid.

Barry M
11-26-2011, 02:39 PM
It only needs to be as good as TEEN WOLF, and better than TEEN WOLF II.

If one of the wwwolves breaks character by breakdancing, I'm in.

Shawn Francis
11-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Does TEEN WOLF still hold up? Haven't seen it since I was a teen.

Barry M
11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
No. There has to be a teenager in the room watching it, or it sucks about like you'd expect. Those're the rules. Sorry.

Shawn Francis
11-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Fuck it, then.

Todd Jordan
11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
My wife was watching Teen Wolf the other day. I tried to watch, but it was worse than I remember it being. Never saw part II, but I imagine it to be crap.

Another horror/comedy that I thought was pretty well done is Fright Night. It has some good moments of scares and great atmosphere and the humor seemed pretty realistic and wasn't too much. And the music is great too. Nice synth score.

Shawn Francis
11-26-2011, 06:54 PM
You're right, FRIGHT NIGHT does have a nice balance of horror and comedy, forgot ALL about that one.

Shawn Francis
11-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, this movie looks stupid. The 'thropes look good, but their execution in the movie does not thrill me one bit. I'm officially disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R0rbtyj16yE

Todd Jordan
11-27-2011, 12:32 PM
hmm...that doesn't look so good. Cute little doig though.

Shawn Francis
11-27-2011, 12:36 PM
It looks more comedy than horror.

Paul Casey
11-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Another horror/comedy that I thought was pretty well done is Fright Night. It has some good moments of scares and great atmosphere and the humor seemed pretty realistic and wasn't too much. And the music is great too. Nice synth score.

My fave horror comedy is Return of the Living Dead. Is it the greatest non-Bill and Ted movie ever? Probably.

Wow, this movie looks stupid. The 'thropes look good, but their execution in the movie does not thrill me one bit. I'm officially disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R0rbtyj16yE

I don't think it looks too bad. Though, some of the effects looked unfinished.

Paul Casey
11-27-2011, 01:05 PM
double

Shawn Francis
11-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Goddamn, another excellent horror/comedy I forgot about. RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. My favorite DEAD movie. I don't know, man, this GAMES just isn't doing it for me anymore, since I saw that trailer. This is a case where I'm gonna wait for a review to see how it is. Unfinished FX aside, it just feels more comedic than what I was expecting based on those photos.

Paul Casey
11-27-2011, 05:38 PM
This is a case where I'm gonna wait for a review to see how it is. Unfinished FX aside, it just feels more comedic than what I was expecting based on those photos.

Sounds reasonable. There could be two different trailers (one horror, one comedy) and played before certain films. Though, I could be wicked wrong.

Ian Jane
11-28-2011, 10:18 AM
You could be but it's not that uncommon to see different trailers play up different aspects of a movie.

This'll probably stink though.