PDA

View Full Version : What do you watch around Xmas?

Alex K.
12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
I've made it a new tradition (just as it's been to watch Freaks during Halloween) to always re-watch: Diehard, Silent Night Deadly Night, and Black Christmas.

How about you guys?

Robin Bougie
12-12-2011, 04:15 AM
My only christmas viewing traditions are Die Hard, Trading Places, and A Muppet Family Christmas -- which is one of the last things Henson got to work on, and is the best Muppet tv special. Too bad it hasn't come out on dvd, but I have my vhs, and someone was kind enough to put it on youtubz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgYDpvRCMI

Newt Cox
12-12-2011, 06:37 AM
A Christmas story
Gremlins
Silent Night deadly night 1-5
Christmas Evil
Silent night Bloody Night
Don't open till x-mas
Santa with muscles

Todd Jordan
12-12-2011, 09:32 AM
We used to watch A Christmas Story as kids, but thanks to TBS or TNT, whichever it is, I've seen it enough. Now we like to watch Christmas Vacation this time of year. Shocker right? Other than that, I have no movie traditions. Not a huge Christmas person and never get into the spirit it seems.

Ian Jane
12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
We just watched Don't Open Till Christmas the other night. Usually though, a lot of cartoons around this time of year.

Todd Jordan
12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
I do like to watch the Rankin-Bass stuff when they play it on tv. I watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town the other day. That one's awesome. So is Rudolph..."GAH! The kid's beak blinks like a blinkin' beacon!"

Barry M
12-12-2011, 12:19 PM
We watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off, because it's the same story as Home Alone, pretty much. You have to bring your own christmas, but if it's in a paper bag, nobody will raise a fuss. I miss John Candy in it, but I miss John Candy everywhere.

This isn't really a tradition.

Clive Smith
12-13-2011, 08:02 AM
I miss John Candy in Uncle Buck. Buck + Chanice Kobolowski = Christmassy.

Ian Jane
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
We watched some Rankin Bass stuff and some Charlie Brown stuff last night while decorating the tree. It was festive as HELL.

Dave Starry
12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Our family has a couple of traditions; at some point in the run up to xmas we'll watch Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, and then on christmas eve we always watch Meet Me In St. Louis (which never fails to bring a tear to everyone's eye -- and let me just say that the Halloween scenes in that movie are really messed up).

Nolando
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Bad Santa.

Alison Jane
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
...and A Muppet Family Christmas -- which is one of the last things Henson got to work on, and is the best Muppet tv special

It is on DVD. It was OOP a few years ago and going for like a hundred bucks used. It was re-released some time after that.

As Ian said, we watch a lot of cartoons and kids' specials. As far as movies, I love A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation and Gremlins makes me feel very Christmasy.

Terry C
12-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I usually switch it up, but of these get the most rotation:

Die Hard
Gremlins
A Christmas Story (Pretty much every year, because it plays on rotation on TNT or TBS.)
Scrooged
Christmas Evil

Alex K.
12-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Gremlins is good, but whenever I start watching it I think of the sequel and how much better it was and watch that instead.

Alex K.
12-24-2011, 11:39 PM
I'll just leave this here: http://thecinemasnob.com/2011/12/24/cinema-snob-vault-silent-night-deadly-night-2--dont-open-till-christmas.aspx

ZoSo
12-25-2011, 01:23 AM
My waistline expand.