PDA

View Full Version : New Old Poison Idea stuff coming in 2012

Ian Jane
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.eastvillageradio.com/content/content.php?id=2728

Legendary hardcore unit, Poison Idea, will see some of their earliest recordings reissued on CD in 2012 via Southern Lord. Formed in Portland, Oregon in 1980 and continuing off and on to the present with varying membership and levels of relevance, Poison Idea put their burly stamp on the caustic, high-energy punk advanced by such legends as California's Germs and Black Flag, and English rock-killers, Discharge. Poison Idea’s scorched-earth sound would go on to influence countless bands coming out of the Pacific Northwest. Southern Lord will begin the campaign in January, by issuing Darby Crash Rides Again: The Early Years; a 29-track compilation of demos and radio sessions that has recently been issued on limited-edition vinyl by California’s TKO Records. Other planned re-issues through Southern Lord include The Fatal Erection Years, which compiles the band’s first two EPs; 1983’s Pick Your King and 1984’s Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes, and the band’s second full-length from ’87, War All The Time, among others (http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/?p=3923). Southern Lord will be cramming these reissues with liner notes, posters and a bunch of other cool crap. That’s good news, indeed.(Via Clash Music (http://www.clashmusic.com/news/poison-idea-re-issue-series-confirmed))

Roderick
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
NICE. But what about the Ian Miller years?

Terry C
12-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice, didn't know you listened to East Village Radio, then again how would I? The Metal Inquisition and Black 'N Blue Takeover is the shit.

Ian Jane
12-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, there's some good stuff there. Regarding the Ian Miller years, I've got a pretty sweet bootleg.

Roderick
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Regarding the Ian Miller years, I've got a pretty sweet bootleg.

Dude, you must share the love. For the children's sake.

Ian Jane
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I've been sworn to secrecy on it. But...

Roderick
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Evil Ian won't notice if we just act natural...

Dave Starry
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
That's good news. To this day "Pick Your King" remains one of the most intense 15 minutes or so of pure, unadulerated in your face musical blasts ever committed to vinyl. Coincidentally, linking SL and PI, the only chance I got to see the band live was back in September of 1986 at the Crescent Ballroom in Tacoma and one of the opening acts was False Liberty featuring a (very) young Greg Anderson (aka The Southern Lord) on vocals. Unfortunately Poison Idea's set that night was a complete disaster (long story).

Jump forward to the present day, it appears the band is still plugging away (sans Pig Champion). I saw a Facebook friend post that they were playing a show in Seattle in the past week or so. The drummer these days is an old Spokane buddy of mine, Chris Cuthbert.

Ian Jane
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
I only ever saw them once (they never hit Niagara Falls, go figure) opening for Turbonegro, early 2000s in PDX. Pig was HUGE, he kinda sorta just gave up half way through the and finished it laying down on the stage. I remember thinking that it was the first time I'd ever seen a hardcore show where the guitar player was in sweatpants. Big, greasy, nasty sweat pants.

I'd check them out again if they made it this way.

Mark Tolch
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
That Miller boot is SWEET....I still think a commentary needs to be recorded.

Ian Jane
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Some details (http://www.factmag.com/2011/12/15/southern-lord-to-reissue-portland-punks-poison-idea-throughout-2012/) on the 1st reissue due later this month:

"The reissue series kicks off on January 30 with Darby Crash Rides Again: The Early Years, a package which will include “twenty-nine tracks from the band’s earliest days, the 100% previously unreleased Boner’s Kitchen demo from 1981, the complete Darby Crash Rides Again demo from 1982, the complete uncut live-on-the-air set from the 1983 KBOO radio benefit, and outtakes from the Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes recording session. Much of this material has either been out-of-print or never before officially released! All the recordings have been meticulously restored and mastered by Jack Control at Enormous Door Mastering. The booklet contains liner notes, old flyers and tons of previously unpublished photos from the band’s beginnings. This is a complete no-brainer for Poison Idea fans or any fan of the early days of American hardcore punk.”

Ian Jane
01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Got me order in for the 1st reissue coming out on Tuesday.

Kinda cool to see that Poison Idea played with NOFX in Portland a few days ago.

Mark Tolch
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
My friends Rob and Jenn were at that show, as was...Nolando. I'll let him tell it.

Nolando
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Fucking awesome - my buddy Jeff (from All Out!, Beerzone and Shock Troops, a Cock Sparrer cover band that played their first show w/ the Misfats) just joined them on guitar, too. Jerry was still in full form, downing Jager and laughing at himself. Many in the crowd were into it but, as Jerry admitted, were clearly there for NOFX rather than PI. I guess the next night's show in Seattle was crazy, w/ around 10 stage divers per song and Jerry blowing fire (got that from Jeff's FB update). The gig was a benefit for some friend of NOFX's that has cancer so none of the bands got paid, intentionally, too. Kinda cool to see that, especially in a packed Roseland theater. PI's apparently heading out May/June for the Euro festival circuit, a 5-week jaunt that'll have them playing with many Swedish death-metal bands as well. That should be interesting. Here's to hoping Jerry survives it...

Ian Jane
01-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Glad to hear it. It was kinda the same deal when I saw them with Turbonegro. The crowd was into it but they were there to see Turbonegro, not PI. Pig was in awful shape though, at one point he just sort of layed down on the stage - but Jerry kept it going. Hopefully they hit the east coast.

Roderick
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
One of the local record stores had the vinyl on the racks already yesterday. Looks nice.

Ian Miller
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Ian: you have my permission to send K-Rod a copy of "the boot", for the children.

Tolch: a commentary could be hilarious, as in "check out that semi-naked stage-diver!"

Ian Jane
01-27-2012, 08:26 PM
We should have recorded it when you were in NYC.

K-Rad, PM me your address and bug me to send you the disc.

Mark Tolch
01-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Uh, Miller....are you authorizing a copy of the boot to other folks like myself?

Ian Miller
01-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Whoops! Of course, Mark! You know who to ask.

Ian Miller
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, and IMO this is the best, raddest PI shit to compile, and I'd love to hear that demo.

Todd Jordan
01-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Miller! How's it going?? It's good to see you.

Ian Jane
01-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, you've been away too long big brother.

Roderick
01-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the okay, Evil Ian! You have PM Mr. Jane.

Ian Miller
01-29-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm great (ask my girlfriend, heh heh!), you'll be seeing more of me, promise!

Ian Jane
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I got the CD yesterday. Sound quality is really good considering the source, so Southern Lord obviously put some effort into the remastering. The liners are brief but welcome and interesting enough, some cool pictures too. Some of this stuff I'd heard before, some I hadn't. Definitely worth getting if you're a fan. Good stuff.

Ian Jane
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
From Blow The Scene (http://blowthescene.com/record-labels/southern-lord-recordings/portland-punk-legends-poison-idea-re-issue-the-fatal-erection-years-via-southern-lord.html):

The newest in a series of reissues from Portland’s Poison Idea via Southern Lord has been confirmed. Following the reissue of Darby Crash Rides Again early this year, the next in line comes in the form of PI’s The Fatal Erection Years; featuring forty-five raw, filthy nasty tracks from one of the most indisputably influential American hardcore/punk bands of all time.

Poison Idea‘s official debut release was 1983′s short, lo-fi blast of punk/hardcore fury, the Pick Your King EP. The infamous jacket featured a “choice” of two kings, Jesus (front cover) and Elvis Presley (back cover). It was released on the bands own Fatal Erection label. In 1984, the band released the Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes 12 (the cover, featuring guitarist Pig Champion‘s substantial vinyl collection). The record found the band incorporating subtle heavy rock elements into their music which was further honed on their contribution to the 1985 Drinking Is Great compilation 7″ with the track “Laughing Boy.” Both Record Collectors… and Drinking… were also self-released on Fatal Erection Records. By this time (84-85), POISON IDEA was in full swing and were perfecting their signature wall of sound: a raging punk attack.

In cooperation with the band and TKO Records, Southern Lord is honored to release the CD version of The Fatal Erection Years. This compilation collects the Pick Your King 7”, Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes LP, and 4 compilation tracks from the era. Exclusive to this CD version, is the entire live set from the band at their best in Portland circa 1983. Live at the Met features 19 live, raw punk blasts and effectively brings this essential archival document to a raucous, destructive end. The audio has been remastered and restored by Jack Control (World Burns to Death, Severed Head of State), and the poster/booklet contains liner notes from Poison Idea vocalist Jerry A, and tons of photos, flyers and more from the band’s early days. A must have for the die-hard fans and any fan of true hardcore, punk rock!

The Fatal Erection Years will see North American release on August 14th, just two weeks before Poison Idea will storm the two-day The Power Of The Riff East in Brooklyn the same night as Agnostic Front, Pentagram, Negative Approach, Xibalba and more!

Southern Lord will continue to reissue seminal POISON IDEA releases over the coming months including War All The Time, Ian Mackaye, Feel The Darkness, We Must Burn and Last Will & Testament. Stay tuned.

The Fatal Erection Years Track Listing:
Pick Your King:
1. Think Twice
2. It’s An Action
3. This Thing Called Progress
4. In My Headache
5. Underage
6. Self Abuse
7. Cult Band
8. Last One
9. Pure Hate
10. Castration
11. (I Hate) Reggae
12. Give It Up
13. Think Fast
Record Collector Are Pretentious Assholes
14. A.A.
15. Legalize Freedom
16. Cold Comfort
17. Thorn In My Side
18. Rubber Husband
19. Rich Get Richer
20. Don’t Like It Here
21. Time To Go
Compilation Tracks:
22. Laughing Boy
23. Typical
24. Die On Your Knees
25. I Got A Right
Live At The Met, Portland 1983
26. Dance Of Rage Live 83
27. This Thing Called Progress Live 83
28. In My Headache Live 83
29. Self Abuse Live 83
30. Slam Dance Jam Live 83
31. It’s An Action Live 83
32. Think Fast Live 83
33. Think Twice Live 83
34. Come Out Fighting Live 83
35. Castration Live 83
36. M.I.A. Live 83
37. Pure Hate Live 83
38. My Hard-On Withers In Your Face Live 83
39. Underage Live 83
40. Give It Up Live 83
41. Bounce The Rubble Live 83
42. All Right Live 83
43. Louie Louie Live 83
44. (I Hate) Reggae Live 83
45. Marked For Life Live 83

Ian Miller
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM
It's nice to see MY HARD-ON WITHERS IN YOUR FACE committed to public record, haha. I remember people walking around singing it, too funny.

Ian Jane
07-18-2012, 07:26 PM
If SL does half the job they did with the first reissue, this'll be a must own.

Roderick
07-19-2012, 08:37 AM
Stoked for this.

Also, Evil Ian live was even better than I remembered.

Ian Jane
08-15-2012, 11:48 AM
The Fatal Erection Years streets today!

Ian Jane
08-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Got my copy. Sound quality is really good, they've done a nice job remastering once again. The live stuff recorded at The Met sounds way better than I thought it would, but none of the remastering takes away from just how fucking RAW this stuff is. Some of the material on here has been released and re-released a few times but it's definitely worth getting for the rarities included and the liners are a nice touch too.

Ian Jane
08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
And due to medical issues PI have cancelled (http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/08/hoax_added_to_p.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BrooklynVeganFeed+%28brooklyn vegan%29) all the pending east coast dates.

On my way into work this morning I was thinking to myself, 'Self, you should get tickets for Power of the Riff' but now I dunno. I just saw AF and it'll be more or less the same set. But Negative Approach are gonna be there....

Paul Casey
09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Got my copy. Sound quality is really good, they've done a nice job remastering once again. The live stuff recorded at The Met sounds way better than I thought it would, but none of the remastering takes away from just how fucking RAW this stuff is. Some of the material on here has been released and re-released a few times but it's definitely worth getting for the rarities included and the liners are a nice touch too.

Yeah, I figured the live shit would've been some shitty fan bootleg. This is a pretty rad set. Pick Your King is really excellent.

Ian Miller
09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Pick Your King is really excellent.

It may be nostalgia for the time period when I started going to punk shows, but I have always considered it to be not only my personal favorite of their releases, not only maybe the best thing they did, but also perhaps my favorite U.S. hardcore record of all time.

Granted, there are lots of classic U.S. punk records I would reach for first these days (stuff a little more suited to my central nervous system as of late), but for musically witty (the reverbed-out snare intro to I HATE REGGAE, a track so funny that Redd Kross side-project Anarchy 6 had to have their own reggae/hc parody years later) , screamingly brash, relentless (the track sequencing, choice of songs to record in one pass, and editing are all top-notch) 1-2-FUCK-YOU Reagan-era HC, PICK YOUR KING is the one to beat.

Ian Jane
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Tour dates!

Poison Idea Gigs 2013
Aug 9 - Portland, Oregon @ Branx
Aug 28 - Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Neck Tie.
Aug 29 - Quincy ,Ma @ Presidents Rock Club.
Aug 30 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Underground
Aug 31 - NYC, NY @ Cake Shop

Sept 6 - Seattle, WA @ tba
Sept 21 - Austin,TX @ Infest

2014 ( Recent dates below, subject to change and re arrange )
Feb 1 - Auckland, New Zealand
Feb 4 - Melbourne, Australia
Feb 6 - Brisbane, Australia
Feb 7 - Sydney, Australia
Feb 8 - Melbourne, Australia ( Yes, Again ! )
Feb 9 - Adelaide, Australia
Feb 11 - Japan TBA

I'm gonna hit that NYC show. Cake Shop is a tiny venue.

Paul Casey
06-28-2013, 07:21 PM
It's really weird seeing Quincy listed. Presidents gets some pretty cool punk shows. Gonna have to remember to go to this.

Paul Casey
07-07-2013, 04:59 AM
Aug 29 - Quincy ,Ma @ Presidents Rock Club.

Oh man. I think I know the place this used to be. Was there on the last stop of a pub crawl last year. The stage is basically a step. I gotta go. I'll probably get pummeled just standing there. Could be worse.

The bar's website's gallery isn't very helpful.

http://presidentsrockclub.com/category/gallery/

Ian Jane
08-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Full set from the Black Circle Fest on 8/9/13...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf1pq3OOwCw

MonkeyBeat
08-31-2013, 12:36 AM
Jerry A did an interview and guest DJ spot on WFMU this week. (http://wfmu.org/playlists/shows/52138)

Ian Jane
09-12-2013, 09:08 AM
It's up on youtube now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3r9VZKhdc

Ian Jane
10-03-2013, 09:43 AM
TKO Records has made a limited edition (100 pcs) vinyl test pressing of Kings of Punk.

They're going up for sale on the TKO webstore this weekend.

Ian Jane
10-08-2013, 12:46 PM
PI got inducted into the Oregon Music Hall Of Fame on 10/5/13.

Nolando
10-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Jerry dropped the award, too - ha! Plus, the total dick of the guitarist got booted and Jerry took to the "air" about it:

http://youtu.be/F_3rmEVfzzU

Playing a Halloween show w/ Pierced Arrows? Fuck-to-the-YeAH!

Ian Jane
10-08-2013, 02:04 PM
And Southern Lord just announced they're doing a big fat reissue of the Kings Of Punk album.

http://blowthescene.com/record-labels/southern-lord-recordings/poison-idea-kings-of-punk.html

Comes out 11/26/13. Two disc set.

Paul Casey
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
And Southern Lord just announced they're doing a big fat reissue of the Kings Of Punk album.

http://blowthescene.com/record-labels/southern-lord-recordings/poison-idea-kings-of-punk.html

Comes out 11/26/13. Two disc set.

Been listening to this this past week. I'm not a huge live recording guy, but there's a lot here. Lots of fun stage banter.

Ian Jane
02-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Poison Idea Confirmed Tour Dates 2014
More to be announced.

U.S.A
Sat Feb 22 @ Star Bar. Portland, Oregon
Fri March 21 @ The Shredder. Boise, Idaho
Sat Mar 22 @ The Hop. Spokane, Washington
Sat Mar 29 @ East End. Portland, Oregon.

AUSTRALIA
Wed May 14 @ The Enigma Bar, Adelaide
Thu May 15 @ Crowbar, Brisbane
Fri May 16 @ Bald Faced Stag, Sydney
Sat May 17 @ Bendigo Hotel, Melbourne

USA
Sat July 12 @ Star Theater. Portland, Oregon

Czech Republic
Thu July 31 @ Pod Parou Festival. Moravska Trebova, CZ

Belgium
Aug 8 th or 9th @ Ieper Hardcore Festival Belgium

England
Sun Aug 10 @ Winter Gardens, Blackpool
Mon Aug 11 @ Waterfront, Norwich
Tue Aug 12 @ Star & Garter, Manchester
Wed Aug 13 @ Think Tank, Newcastle

Scotland
Thu Aug14 Glasgow @ Audio, Glasgow

Ireland
Fri Aug 15 @ Fibber Magees, Dublin

England
Sat Aug 16 @ Moles, Bath
Sun Aug 17 @ Venue TBA, London

Ian Jane
04-02-2014, 10:12 AM
RSD 2014 exclusive!

Ian Jane
07-21-2014, 09:45 AM
There's a new album in the works.

Some Scandinavian tour dates are happening.

And... "Currently, production is wrapping up on a revamped version of "Darby Crash Rides Again: The Early Years" as well as the debut of volume 4 in the series, 1987's "War All The Time" LP. Further details will follow in the very near future..."

Check it out.

http://tkorecords.blogspot.com/2014/07/poison-idea-scandinavia-beyond.html

Ian Jane
08-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Two news songs - Triple Chocolate Penetration and Hypnotic - are on Spotify now as the Voodoo Dougnuts Recordings.

Ian Jane
12-04-2014, 06:43 PM
New album coming out via Southern Lord. Jerry A. says.... (http://www.punknews.org/article/56592/poison-idea-announce-new-lp)

"What can I say? We're all happy with the record. It's a group effort; we all had a part in writing the songs. We've been screwing around for too long. We had to hang back and see whose heart was really in this thing we've been doing for thirty years and who was bullshitting. We have a lot of touring to do next year, to make up for the last one being canceled due to people with the wrong priorities. Everybody in the band now lives to play and make music; that comes first. It always has, it just took a long time to filter out the flakes, and keep the diehards. So these guys know how to make this ship float. As far as I'm concerned, it feels like being reborn, having a second wind, a hardcore revival, and just discovering meaning, all at the same time. To put it mildly, we're happy, I'm happy, and this is just the start. No stopping from here out."

Ian Jane
02-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Source. (http://punkworldviews.com/poison-idea-confirms-new-album-tour-dates/)

Poison Idea Confirms New Album + Tour Dates

If there was ever a band that doesn’t go to church, it’s Poison Idea. The band is planning to release their first record since 2006’s Latest Will and Testament with an April 7th release of Confuse & Conquer. The record will drop via Southern Lord Recordings, who was also responsible for reissuing the band’s back catalogue in recent years.

The album will have longstanding members Jerry A (vocals), Eric “The Vegetable” Olsen (guitar) and Chris “Spider” Carey (bass) alongside newer members, Nathan “Skinny” Richardson (drums) and Brandon Bentley (guitar). It was recorded by Joel Grind (Toxic Holocaust) and mastered by Brad Boatright (From Ashes Rise) at Audiosiege in late 2014. It will be released via CD, LP and digitally. Also, reissues of War All The Time, Feel The Darkness and more are to come in the near future.

On top of the new record, Poison Idea is also hitting the road for dates including a main slot at the four-day Berserker Fest II in Detroit, Michigan (March 11-14) with Incantation, Iron Reagan, Coliseum, Full Of Hell, In Defence and more, plus a huge Euro Spring tour. Check out the dates below.

3/11-14/2015 The Loving Touch – Ferndale, MI @ Berserker Fest II
4/17/2015 Schaubude – Kiel DE
4/18/2015 1000Fyrd – Aalborg DE
4/19/2015 Hafenklang – Hamburg DE
5/20/2015 Little Devil – Tilburg NL
4/21/2015 Willemeen – Arnhem NL
4/22/2015 TBA – Frankfurt DE
4/23/2015 Chez Heinz – Hannover DE
4/24/2015 Wild At Heart – Berlin DE
4/25/2015 Luka – Lodz PL
4/27/2015 Alte Malzerei – Regensburg DE
4/28/2015 Exit Us – Prague CZ
4/29/2015 Explosiv – Graz AU
4/30/2015 Arena – Vienna AU
5/01/2015 Unterhund – Ormoz SL
5/02/2015 Kaleidos – Poviglio IT
5/03/2015 Traffic Club – Rome IT
5/04/2015 Border – Torino IT
5/05/2015 Between – Bregenz AT
5/06/2015 Ondulatoire – Paris FR
5/07/2015 Borderline – London UK
5/08/2015 The Doghouse – Nottingham UK
5/09/2015 The Black Bull – Gateshead UK
5/10/2015 Audio – Glasgow UK
5/12/2015 Adam And Eve Pub – Birmingham UK
5/13/2015 The Exchange – Bristol UK
5/14/2015 The Owl Sanctuary – Norwich UK
5/15/2015 Het Bos – Antwerp BE
5/16/2015 MTC – Cologne DE

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poison-Idea-Official-/366089496806858
http://www.southernlord.com
http://southernlord.bandcamp.com
http://twitter.com/twatterlord

Andrew Monroe
02-06-2015, 08:30 AM
A tour with Southern Lord label mates Black Breath (who also have a new one coming this year) would be all kinds of awesome. I have to ration my Black Breath listening, my neck can't take the workout these days.

Ian Jane
03-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Some sweet details on the new album here...

http://www.earsplitcompound.com/site/2015/03/10/poison-idea-debuts-opening-track-from-confuse-conquer-via-new-noise-magazine-preorders-new-tour-dates-announced/

Ian Jane
03-30-2015, 07:29 PM
New track streaming here...

https://soundcloud.com/earsplit/poison-idea-rhythms-of

Sounds pretty good to me.

Keeth
04-10-2015, 06:54 PM
I'm a long-time PI fan. I purchased "Record Collectors are Pretentious Assholes" in an Austin record store in '86, probably. I still have most of their records & the reissues for "Darby Crash" & "R.C." are excellent. I look for near mint, used copies of the reissue of "Kings of Punk" but haven't found one yet. I have the original LP but, I'm guessing, the remastering and the live songs will be nice to have. My copy of the "Filthkick" 7" has a red PI flyer with a letter on the back written by Jerry A.

When they did one of their very first reunion tours, they either hung out or stayed at a friend's house in Austin. They had to score heroin &/or speed for Pig Champion. I want to say that I was told that Jerry A. had to quit drinking & had gained a lot of weight; he was bigger than Pig.

I still have the issue of Flipside magazine with the band on the cover. Pig is in white jogging pants and a Smegma t-shirt with his belly hanging out. The interview is excellent, too.

Ian Jane
05-27-2015, 09:54 AM
"Recently, Poison Idea returned home from a European tour. However, just this morning, they declared an indefinite hiatus. The reason given was to address health issues and personal matters. Any scheduled show is now canceled."

http://www.punknews.org/article/57998/poison-idea-on-indefinite-hiatus-cancels-all-shows

Ian Jane
05-27-2015, 10:09 AM
And an official press release:

Upon returning from their successful European Tour which consumed the past several weeks, POISON IDEA has returned home and announced that the band is going on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time. The band has issued that they need to address some health issues and personal matters, and all upcoming shows for the undeterminable future have been cancelled or postponed. Additional details on the band's future plans will be announced at a later date.

Portland, Oregon's undisputed kings of punk, POISON IDEA released their critically acclaimed Confuse & Conquer LP through Southern Lord Recordings in April of this year. Setting everything in its path ablaze with the energetic pummeling assault the band has assaulted the planet with for three-and-a-half decades, and by incorporating the use of epic piano segues, the album is an instant classic for all POISON IDEA fans as well as one of the most undeniably important releases in the punk/hardcore realms this year. The band's first new album since 2006's Latest Will And Testament, and first since the passing of their great friend and guitarist, the iconic Tom "Pig Champion" Roberts, Confuse & Conquer boasts thirty-five minutes of thundering, infectious rage recorded in the band's hometown by Joel Grind (Toxic Holocaust) and mastered by Brad Boatright (From Ashes Rise) at Audiosiege, and proves that absolutely nothing can stop this legendary act and all attempts are a futile waste of time.

Confuse & Conquer LP is available on colored 12" vinyl and CD including shirt and vinyl bundles HERE (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YRYlyGyzudQnaK7Aw4o804bZU-F1dFDJ5m5e1eLa-KILQ1OFq-Vj-c8mruaB65gJ2iZnQFgdeNUJJuKfQKDjIE0UgrTH6HkI3_PkWlH 4aXht_aRZXIWc0I-B-8Iui3ZyFH-n21uE3HmfbXb675-zcanSuGx--yb0D9fUqHhRCL2k_JyVNpepOfR8d7x67DHD8jjyAwmKbIcbFWc 9EHnhNw==&c=FD3IfgCG25ptkWPNQhArzLkHsTxg08NR543fe1SCbooTiSI5 Loerjg==&ch=tBf6BhFfLogBaPJbXv4Jfcwll6fRYccj5DAHYEfeDA9nBjn y5tE3cQ==), and the album is streaming in full and available for digital purchase HERE (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001YRYlyGyzudQnaK7Aw4o804bZU-F1dFDJ5m5e1eLa-KILQ1OFq-Vj-c8mruaB65gJY7Kcku8KLJGZ0QLLYSfxC2GtKpC_PTPIjSGJ5sp OVnJVp5lIRyTBNXsgD9cg577kRm_TDGnQS_NzGMiH_5P157290 HQ3xp5Dg8fWfLm9W7jPMTDRHH-lyuq5Qk0JETMj&c=FD3IfgCG25ptkWPNQhArzLkHsTxg08NR543fe1SCbooTiSI5 Loerjg==&ch=tBf6BhFfLogBaPJbXv4Jfcwll6fRYccj5DAHYEfeDA9nBjn y5tE3cQ==).

Formed in 1980, POISON IDEA became a household name in the hardcore/punk scenes early in their career, and are known as one of the most notoriously in-your-face acts in the American musical underworld, with an enraged, high-energy live set even more rambunctious than the massive roster of singles, EPs, full-length studio and live releases and more, across a realm of labels including Pusmort, Alchemy, American Leather, Bitzcore, Tim/Kerr, Taang!, Farewell, TKO, Southern Lord, Candlelight, and their own Fatal Erection. They've been an incredibly influential act to major performers including Nirvana, Pantera, Napalm Death, Machine Head, Eyehategod, Emperor, Turbonegro and an endless list of others. Soaking up respect from generations of hardcore punks and dishing none out, the dastardly denizens of mid-paced punk shred are in trademark form on Confuse & Conquer. POISON IDEA's new masterpiece proves itself both identifiable and rewarding to listeners who have encountered them at any point from their 1980 birth onwards. Their forceful hardcore pummel is underwritten with dark humor, rage, disdain, and moments of real melancholy well beyond the usual remit of the genre, but it's to be expected of Portland's nihilistic champions, proudly unaligned with any other sound out there.

Keeth
05-27-2015, 01:22 PM
A few days ago I ran across an article about PI. It had some quotes from Jerry A. about how demanding Pig Champion was. He always had to stay on the first floor of their hotel & he once refused to play because the venue charged him $1.50 for a beer.

Someone really needs to write a book about the history of PI filled with truth, lies, & rumours!

Ian Jane
05-27-2015, 02:26 PM
When I saw them play with Pig on guitar before he passed away, when the opened for Turbonegro, he was wearing sweat pants and a white shirt and spent most of the show laying down on the stage. He was playing guitar, but he was laying down.

Keeth
05-27-2015, 03:36 PM
I think you'd have to go back to the early '80s to find him upright on stage. I have a bunch of photos of PI live in Denver in the late '80s that a friend took. Pig is in sweats & Jerry is on crutches. That was their very first US tour.

When they first made it to TX, it was cold as hell & maybe icy here so I didn't make the drive down to Austin. I think it was some sort of reunion gig. Pig was definitely with'em.

Ian Jane
12-02-2015, 06:19 PM
Press release with new tour dates!

The undisputed reigning kings of hardcore punk, POISON IDEA, are preparing for vicious live assaults on opposing coasts of North America flanking the turn of the year, with a West Coast tour about to begin next week, and an East Coast run now confirmed for February.

POISON IDEA returned to full-time deployment in 2015 with the triumphant release of their brutalizing new studio full-length, Confuse & Conquer, which was unveiled by Southern Lord in April. The band's first new album since 2006's Latest Will And Testament, and first since the passing of their great friend and guitarist, the iconic Tom "Pig Champion" Roberts, Confuse & Conquer boasts thirty-five minutes of thundering, infectious rage recorded in the band's hometown by Joel Grind (Toxic Holocaust) and mastered by Brad Boatright (From Ashes Rise) at Audiosiege. Setting everything in its path ablaze with the nonstop pummeling punk the band has assaulted the planet with for three-and-a-half decades, the album became an instant classic for all fans of the band, and is one of the most indisputably vital releases in the punk/hardcore realms this year.

Following their recent appearance at the Housecore Horror Fest in San Antonio, Texas, from December 11th through the 19th, POISON IDEA will storm the West Coast US, the first show taking place in Reno and followed by eight gigs throughout California, including San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Anaheim, San Diego, Long Beach, Ventura and Sacramento. Two weeks later the band will hammer their hometown of Portland, Oregon with a show on January 2nd.

February sees POISON IDEA back in the van yet on the opposite side of the country as they embark on their first East Coast tour in three years. The confirmed routing begins in Richmond on February 11th with support from Iron Reagan, then takes them to Baltimore, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Amityville, Wallingford, Somerville, Albany, Montreal, Toronto and ends in Grand Rapids on February 21st. Detroit's Child Bite will supply support for all but the first three shows of this run, NYC kingpins Sheer Terror join the mayhem at the Amityville show and more.

Following both upcoming tours, POISON IDEA will once again make their way back to Europe for another tour of that continent during the Springtime thaw. Stand by for further updates in the weeks ahead.

POISON IDEA's Confuse & Conquer LP is available on vinyl and CD HERE, and the album streaming in full and available for digital purchase HERE.

POISON IDEA Tour Dates:
12/11/2015 Shea's Tavern - Reno, NV
12/12/2015 Thee Parkside - San Francisco, CA
12/13/2015 924 Gilman - Berkeley, CA
12/14/2015 Catalyst Atrium - Santa Cruz, CA
12/15/2015 The Doll Hut - Anaheim, CA
12/16/2015 Soda Bar - San Diego, CA
12/17/2015 Alex's Bar - Long Beach, CA
12/18/2015 The Garage - Ventura, CA
12/19/2016 Blue Lamp - Sacramento, CA
1/02/2016 Ash Street - Portland, OR w/ The Lovesores, Shadowhouse
2/11/2016 Strange Matter - Richmond, VA w/ Iron Reagan
2/12/2016 Ottobar - Baltimore, MD
2/13/2016 Voltage Lounge - Philadelphia, PA
2/14/2016 Acheron - Brooklyn, NY w/ Child Bite, Chud
2/15/2016 Amityville Music Hall - Amityville, NY w/ Child Bite, Sheer Terror, Deathcycle
2/16/2016 Cherry Street Station - Wallingford, CT w/ Child Bite
2/17/2016 Once - Somerville, MA w/ Child Bite
2/18/2016 Fuzebox - Albany, NY w/ Child Bite
2/19/2016 Bar Le Ritz PDB - Montreal, QC w/ Child Bite
2/20/2016 Hard Luck - Toronto, ON w/ Child Bite
2/21/2016 Pyramid Scheme - Grand Rapids, MI w/ Child Bite

Ian Jane
12-05-2016, 11:18 AM
This looks rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzWcZDmWYAk