PDA

View Full Version : PIRANHA 3DD Hitting DVD Instead Of Theaters

Shawn Francis
12-30-2011, 05:47 PM
There was an article on Fangoria that stated it was hitting DVD in March over in the UK, and there are pre-order links on Amazon UK for them, too, so I checked Amazon US and there are pre-order links there, as well, but only in the ALERT ME stage.

AMAZON US (Standard DVD) (http://www.amazon.com/Piranha-3DD-Aubrey-ODay/dp/B004LWZW6K/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1325280806&sr=1-2)

AMAZON US (Blu-Ray) (http://www.amazon.com/Piranha-3DD-Blu-ray-Aubrey-ODay/dp/B004LWZW6U/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1325280806&sr=1-3)

Terry C
12-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Bummer, I sadly missed the first one first one in theaters, but I don't expect to see it now considering no one I know owns a 3D TV and 3D gimmick is pretty much made for the theaters.

Alex K.
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
So, it was either so bad they decided straight to DVD despite having some names and to be safe releasing it in February. Or they screen tested it and didn't have enough buzz?

Still looks like a fun B flick.

Shawn Francis
12-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Spoke to John Gulager on facebook and he assured me it's set to open in theaters in late Spring.

Alex K.
12-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I like John Gulager, he got the short end of the stick on Project Greenlight, but the man knows how to use a camera and is an obvious fan like the rest of us. Plus him being a friend of Sage Stallone and helping to shoot that interview with Carl Gabriel York gives him an extra point.

I just want to see him do one flick that doesn't go straight to DVD.

Shawn Francis
12-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Got the idea yesterday to see if Gulager has a facebook page, he did, so I friended him and he accepted it pretty quick, like, today. After that I told him how awesome I thought FEAST was and asked him what was happening with this movie. Got lucky when he actually responded.

Ian Jane
01-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah, the first FEAST movie was great. I don't know why that movie didn't get more of a following than it did. I still haven't seen the 1st Piranha remake. Just saw it on BD for $10 but passed. I'll pick it up at some point.

Shawn Francis
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
For one thing, FEAST is awesome for the many little plot twists throughout, one of which I have never seen, and haven't seen mimicked thus far. One of the major characters just taking off at a crucial point when the opportunity was there to rescue everyone else. Never to be seen again. I hear that person got their comeuppance for doing that in one of the squeals. Karma's a bitch, ain't it?