PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN POP CLASSICS (New DVD-R Label)

Shawn Francis
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
SCREEN ARCHIVES SAYS: "This is from the same company that manufacturers The Columbia and MGM catalogs we currently carry."

185 titles added to Screen Archives site. Click here (http://www.screenarchives.com/display_results.cfm/category/562/AMERICAN-POP-CLASSICS/)to view the list.

$11.95 each.

Robin Bougie
01-20-2012, 09:13 PM
As far as I can tell, 95% of that stuff is already available on extremely cheap dvds, so I guess you're paying for the remastering? But it's dvd-r. I'd like to see a few to see if it is worth upgrading on anything.

Shawn Francis
01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Sam here. MOON OF THE WOLF remastered?! Like to see that. THE CREEPER (aka RITUALS), too bad, it's 4x3. Would STILL love to know how it compares to Code Red's DVD.

Robin Bougie
01-21-2012, 08:07 AM
I highly doubt that CREEPER is going to be a better dvd release than RITUALS. I'd like to know how they even got the rights to release it. Did Code Red's licence run out already?

I do like that they use the original poster art on the covers for these -- I will say that.

Ian Jane
01-21-2012, 10:43 AM
As far as I can tell, 95% of that stuff is already available on extremely cheap dvds, so I guess you're paying for the remastering? But it's dvd-r. I'd like to see a few to see if it is worth upgrading on anything.

Are they even remastered though? I don't see anywhere on the site where it says they are.

Nice covers though. And I may be wrong but I don't think Rituals is PD, so they probably shouldn't be messing with that one.

Shawn Francis
01-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Small print, down at the bottom, on the left side, on all of them, says DIGITALLY REMASTERED.

Ian Jane
01-21-2012, 12:35 PM
That doesn't mean much though. My Diamond copy of The Black Six says 'digitally remastered' on it and it's sourced from a VHS tape.

Shawn Francis
01-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Found their site and asked if they give out review copies, would be interested in seeing what MOON OF THE WOLF, THE CREEPER and THE TERROR looked like. Yeah, that irks me when companies claim they're titles are "digitally remastered" when in reality they're not.

Shawn Francis
02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I just got a hold of the American Pop Classic flicks MOON OF THE WOLF, THE TERROR and THE CREEPER. Aside from THE TERROR, they are NOT digitally remastered. Put 'em on just to see and THE CREEPER is the worst. Starts out anamorphic then goes to full frame. Looks like a really bad VHS transfer. Watching MOON OF THE WOLF first.