PDA

View Full Version : The Bushwhacker

Ian Jane
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
So I sat down with this treat last night. Basically a guy in a coonskin hat has gone a little nutty from living out in the boonies for too long. A plane flies overhead and he somehow manages to shoot it out of the sky with his musket. It crashes (maybe?) but three chicks and a dude survive. They wander around and two of the chicks make out and the dude, Dan, makes out with another chick. The Bushwhacker shows up and fondles a girl. Then one of the lesbian chicks dies and the other lesbian chick decides to make out with her dead body. Later, there's a showdown with the Bushwhacker guy that ends poorly.

Anyone else see this? I know Something Weird had been looking for it for a long time. Got me one of their fine DVD-Rs and it's amusing enough, if completely spastic and really, really dumb. Looks like it was made for about $30 on the back end of a low rent campground. I do like the bad guy's hat and it's got lots of nudity. One of the female leads was a Playmate apparantly.

Toyboy
02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
I need to give this one another shot because I was slightly underwhelmed when I first watched it. It was probably thrown in at the end of an SWV binge so it may play better for me the second time around.

You are correct about that hat though. You should dress as the Bushwhacker at the next Fango Exposition.

Ian Jane
02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
And gorge myself on meatball subs? It's a deal!

It more or less delivered what I expected it to based on the SWV description from the website. Not as violent or grisly as I figured it would be, more or less just really goofy. I do dig the cover art a lot though the movie doesn't live up to it.

If I had a one sheet for that movie I'd frame it and put it over my bed. Where I would lay to sleep at night with my coonskin hat on.

Also the hat is weird because it has a hole on the top of it through which you can see the Bush Whacker's bald spot.

Todd Jordan
02-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Right and bald people are the worst. Real losers, as we all know. That artwork is neat. There are a number of SWV DVD-Rs I want just for the artwork. Hell with he contents. These Driver's Ed and GI scare films have awesome covers. So do the drug ones.

Ian Jane
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Also, how the fuck does buddy shoot a big plane out of the sky with a musket?

This movie was not realistic.

A+ for necrophiliac lesbians though. Apparantly director Byron Mabe also made a movie called Nude Django. Some guy named Troy Whigham on the IMDB says "This is one of those movies where you're not sure if it's supposed to be a drama, or if it is supposed to be a satire on Westerns. Either way, it stink." Obviously Troy Whigham doesn't realize that reverse psychology works really well on me and now I want to see it not just because Nude Django is a fucking awesome title but because Troy Whigham thinks it stinks. He does like LA Law though, and Endless Summer.

Check out Troy Whigham's reviews here (http://www.imdb.com/user/ur0145397/comments)if you want.

Terry C
02-17-2012, 07:54 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427557_10151297647665156_900225155_23130898_886817 436_n.jpg