PDA

View Full Version : Gorgo (1961) Comes To Blu-Ray

Shawn Francis
03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Coming to blu-ray for Halloween from VCI Classics Film!

All I know.

Shawn Francis
03-10-2012, 04:14 PM
This is from DVD Savant.com (http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/). From Glen Erickson's column:

"One big announcement to report today, from VCI. I received the following note a couple of nights ago from my VCI contact, with news that warmed the "little kid monster fan" still lurking inside me. I'd heard through Gary Teetzel that VCI was going to reissue their disc of the all-time favorite giant monster movie Gorgo, and maybe in Blu-ray. I like VCI's previous special editions of this title, even though the source materials available for what was once thought to be a Public Domain title weren't as good as one would want them to be. So I anticipated a re-worked HD version of what I already had.

And then I read this:"Hi Glenn, we are still working out all the details on the Gorgo release. However I can tell you that we will be making a new HD 1080P transfer from either the 35mm negative, or master positive, which we recently obtained after their discovery in a salt mine storage vault in Kansas. It should be gorgeous and hopefully the DEFINITIVE release. We are shooting for a pre-Halloween street date and it will include quite a bit of bonus material, which of course we are still working on. I don't mind at all if you want to give it an early mention in your column, and I will try to feed you more details as they become known."

Ian Jane
03-10-2012, 06:38 PM
That's awesome news. I too figured it'd be from the same (less than awesome) elements used for the DVD. Great movie, looking forward to this.