PDA

View Full Version : THE MONTAUK CHRONICLES DVD Is Coming!

Shawn Francis
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
THE MONTAUK CHRONICLES (docu-drama) will hit DVD in late August.

WEBSITE (http://www.mtkchronicles.com/)

Ian Jane
03-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I remember wanting to check this out when you posted about it on AVM years ago. Glad I'll finally get the chance to do so.

Shawn Francis
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that trailer creeped me out, and in the intervening time I've seen some more stuff on this place, including your photos of it, and I NEED to see this doc. I also remember trying to persuade you to go at night, jump the fence and have a look at those places they won't let you look in. Ha!

Ian Jane
03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
We took my dad there when he came to visit last year. He was pretty into it too. But no, I'm not going there at night and I'd rather not get arrested or in trouble with the army. I'd get deported and that would be bad.

Shawn Francis
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Deported?! Where you from?

Shawn Francis
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
You know I have always wanted someone test that theory. To break in and see if all these army dudes rush out from nowhere and apprehend you.

Ian Jane
03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
It doesn't look like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLH1svBZQjs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rzbEq7oBYk&feature=fvwrel

Shawn Francis
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I tell ya, that's a creepy looking place. Period.

Paul Casey
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd get deported and that would be bad.

While it would be bad, that totally cracked me up.

Shawn Francis
10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
UPDATE (from a recent query I asked on their page (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151261141405664&id=159691960663&notif_t=feed_comment)):

"We're in the process of getting the DVD ready. Extras are being edited and the movie itself is being prepared to look and sound its best. Stay tuned."

"I'm aiming for a December 2012 DVD release. It might be a little later, but not by much."

Zane C.
10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
There is a ton of Montauk stuff floating around. This film seems to bring it all to one place. Interesting to see guys like Stweart Swerdlow, Al Bielek, and Preston Nichols in this, but not surprising. These guys have been talking about the Montauk Project for years. Interesting stuff to listen to and read about, but take it all with a HUGE grain of salt. The whole thing seems like a rather intricate hoax, albeit one where all these guys have weaved their own tales into the Montauk Mythology. Listening to them is Conspiracy Theories x 1000; they include all kinds of stuff, like the Philadelphia Experiment, Mind Control, etc. Like I said, amusing, just not very truthful. :)

Ian Jane
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Amusing and plenty fascinating, but yeah, I figure it's all a load of BS. I still love reading about it though and this movie will probably be pretty rad. It's a great subject.

Zane C.
10-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Amusing and plenty fascinating, but yeah, I figure it's all a load of BS. I still love reading about it though and this movie will probably be pretty rad. It's a great subject.

Indeed. I'm curious to see what this movie turns out like as well.

Shawn Francis
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
From their FB Page, an explanation why it's taken so long for the DVD to arrive:

Hello Folks,

Many of you have been e-mailing and inquiring about the DVD release.
Montauk Chronicles has gone through an evolution over the past couple of years.
It's a story, partially told, through my perspective.
It was so important
for me to get it right. It was important to be clear on how I feel about the stories and what I've learned during my entire experience. My goal is to give you something much more than the average paranormal T.V show allows.
This is a unique movie experience. If typical is the kind of thing you're looking for, you're NOT going to get it here.
Even throughout many screenings in 2012 I was compelled to continue to work on the movie. I wanted to make it better, so I did.
I've put years of my life into this.
It was never about dragging my feet and it was always about making the best possible movie that I could.
So, I'm finally at my last brush-stroke (I swear!!!! :)) and I'm happy to say it's just increments away from the FINAL-CUT. There's some minor work left with sound mixing, color timing and DVD extras. Essentially it's so the DVD will be at its best possible quality for you and it's also so I can confidently kiss this thing goodbye.
As a one-man-band, these things take time.
The DVD is truly in-progress and it's going to be well worth the price of admission. I should have the DVD/BLU-RAY available for pre-order by late December.
Montauk Chronicles is not a studio picture. It was hand-made by me, just for you.
I put as much love, thought and care into it as I possibly could.
That being said, stay tuned for many more screening dates and the official announcement for the DVD release.
Thanks so much for all the support, I truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Christopher P. Garetano.
White Phosphorus Pictures
www.montaukchronicles.com (http://www.montaukchronicles.com/)