PDA

View Full Version : The Good. The Bad and the Weird d. Jee-woo Kim

chuk hell
05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
I thought this was a very entertaining hybrid of a movie. Action, Spaghetti western and martial arts film combined with a good deal of humor. Some really amazing photography and great set design.

Ian Jane
05-12-2012, 08:56 AM
I have owned this on Blu-ray for like two years now and not even taken the shrink wrap off. I will watch this and soon and contribute more then.

Paul L
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I watched this last year and really enjoyed it too. Definitely worth ripping that shrink wrap off, Ian.

I like Ji-Woon's films, although I haven't seen his first two features yet. I'm curious how his Hollyweird debut, THE LAST STAND, will fare.

sukebanboy
07-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I thought it was an entertaining enough movie but I seem to remember thinking that it went on a little too long....but maybe that is just me getting old and not able to last longer than 2 hours when watching a movie....

As for his previous movies...

QUIET FAMILY was a classic when it came out...not seen it for a while though...
FOUL KING.....same..classic
TALE OF TWO SISTERS...once again....excellent movie
BITTERSWEET LIFE...Pretty good too!
I SAW A DEVIL.....Amazing movie...although the story is pretty simple, the acting from the leads and the direction are pretty much spot on.....violent little film too!!

Paul L
07-03-2012, 03:32 AM
I thought it was an entertaining enough movie but I seem to remember thinking that it went on a little too long....but maybe that is just me getting old and not able to last longer than 2 hours when watching a movie....

As for his previous movies...

QUIET FAMILY was a classic when it came out...not seen it for a while though...
FOUL KING.....same..classic
These are the two I haven't seen yet. Any recommendations on DVD releases for either film? :)

If I had to draw up a list of 25 or so favourite films, A BITTERSWEET LIFE would definitely be in it. I love that movie.