PDA

View Full Version : Is this one of the seven signs of the end of the world?

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWviL_8ShZc&feature=related

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Dee's been whoring himself out for years now.

Paul Stanley Steamers are way cooler anyway.

Roderick
05-24-2012, 10:13 AM
As he gets older Dee looks more and more like a regular grandma.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 10:43 AM
My third grade music teacher looked kinda like Dee Snider. Her name was Ms. Kirstead but we used to call her Ms. Twisted instead. I don't think she ever got the joke. I thought it was pretty clever though, considering I was eight and all.

Dee's new album just came out last week... Clay Aiken has a guest spot on it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Cko-Ir%2BLL._SS500_.jpg

Roderick
05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I expect a full review on the front page.

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Pass. Sorry to the fans, but I've never seen this dude as anything more than a joke who got lucky with one song.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Wrong. Twisted Sister's stuff is pretty great (Love Is For Suckers stinks though). Check out the Club Daze stuff. I used to think along the same lines as you but those recordings changed my mind.

Dee's post TS stuff though... no, not my thing. He's a nice guy and I don't begrudge him wanting to make a living, but I don't think I need his Broadway album.

TS still kills live though.

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 12:22 PM
My opinion is not wrong. You're telling me it's wrong is wrong. Dink.

Mark Tolch
05-24-2012, 12:26 PM
who got lucky with one song.

TWO songs.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
My opinion is not wrong. You're telling me it's wrong is wrong. Dink.

In this case though, you are wrong.

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
He's a Goddamn musical genius. One of the major players in 20th century music. Sorry for doubting you.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Did you even read my initial post? If so, have you heard the albums I mentioned? Cause you didn't say, so I'm assuming you didn't. In which case, you can't really debate me on this. I never claimed he was a musical genius, I said that the early TS stuff was good.

Tom K
05-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Listen to Under the Blade and You Can't Stop Rock n Roll...Two excellent albums...

Also check out the DVD they put out not too long ago...club show from before they went to record Under the Blade...Fucking Awesome!!

They did get lucky with those two songs, but they were a very hard working band way before that...I think they deserved it.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 12:55 PM
It's pretty easy to dismiss them as a novelty band. Until I dug into the back catalogue, all I knew was Stay Hungry and Come Out And Play because I had them when they were popular when I was a kid. There's definitely a novelty aspect to them with the outfits and what not but those guys were more than just tranny looking shock rock types - they could (and still can) actually play. They wrote a lot of great songs that didn't get on the radio, and yeah, Under The Blade is awesome from start to finish. There's a reason Lemmy championed them in the early days. And you don't fucking argue with Lemmy.

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Jeeziz...I will no longer express a simple passing opinion. All I said was I thought he was a joke who got lucky. I wasn't mean when I said it, and didn't run him through the mud, and I even stated an apology to the fans before I said it.

Don't be hating on me.

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
No hate at all. I'm just saying that I think if you gave some of those albums Tom and I mentioned (which are on spotify if you want to hear them free and legal), you'd probably think differently is all. I honestly think you'd like it.

If not, that's okay too. I'm not going to lose any sleep over what anyone thinks of Twisted Sister, honest.

Todd Jordan
05-24-2012, 01:14 PM
that ain't what's been keeping you up?

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Surprisingly, no.

Tom K
05-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, no hate at all...

Lots of people dismiss TS because of the whole MTV thing and those two albums (Stay Hungry and Come Out And Play--although SH had a lot of good songs on it too) and are really unaware of what they were before those albums...they did not change much to be honest, maybe got a bit more over the top and had the comedic aspect, which would lead people to think they are a joke...

They were a great rock n roll band in those club days...had the attitude and the energy and wrote some solid tunes...

Not trying to make you like them...that's cool if you don't :cool:

Ian Jane
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
That DVD with the 82 show from the UK is super awesome too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efH2ows_e-0

The quality on that youtube clip kinda sucks though.

sukebanboy
07-18-2012, 12:04 PM
First album I stole for a public library was TS..(well, not exactly "stole"..just borrowed indefinitely!!)

Had some good songs and were pretty hardworking too..dont begrudge them ANYTHING.....

(Never saw that movie he made though...any good?...STRANGELAND was it?>?)

Ian Jane
07-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Strangeland gets pissed on a lot, but I thought it was pretty good.

Todd Jordan
07-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Stangeland wasn't anything to revisit in my usleless opinion. I was watching a documentary the other night on monkeys in the city (India) and he was narrating it. It was ok until some asshole with a gun took aim at a little monkey minding his business in a tree, so I flipped it before the trigger got pulled (didn't want to see it if it happened).

But the fact that he was narrating a nature program was of interest.

sukebanboy
07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
But the fact that he was narrating a nature program was of interest.

Hey , if you are gonna sell out you may as well do it RIGHT and put your name to ANYTHING...then nothing is out-of-bounds!

ZoSo
07-19-2012, 12:51 AM
The Club Daze albums rule. They tear up the Cactus version of Long Tall Sally on Volume 2 pretty fiercely.

sukebanboy
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Ultimate respect for this high school pic....The guy is fronting a moustache in high school...

http://snakkle.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/dee-snider-yearbook-high-school-youmg-1973-photo-GC.jpg

Ian Jane
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I give that moustache two thumbs up.

sukebanboy
07-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I give that moustache two thumbs up.

More if you consider the hair / moustache as a killer one - two combination!

Ian Jane
07-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Somewhere there's a picture of Alison and I with Dee back stage. He is making a poopy face in the picture.

Todd Jordan
07-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Like straining to pass a hard poop? Or like "poo poo to you" face?