PDA

View Full Version : Shout! Factory to unleash... Scream Factory!

Pages : [1] 2

Ian Jane
05-31-2012, 07:46 PM
So that big Shout! Factory horror announcement that's been rumored for a while?

So far they've announced:

The Island
Terror Train
Halloween II
Halloween III
Death Valley
Deadly Blessing
They Live
The Funhouse
Phantasm II

And by announced I mean put up a Facebook page with images from those movies. Which is a pretty safe bet to mean they're coming soon.

From what I gather, they'll be Blu-ray & DVD but I haven't heard official confirmation yet.

Ian Jane
05-31-2012, 07:48 PM
And some preliminary cover art:

Mark C.
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Pretty much all those will be bought by me if they can do blu-ray. Halloween 3 is a surprise as I really like this film. Cover art looks badass!!

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
And this is all what the big deal was all about, re-release :nono:

I'll pass. I keep my money for interesting releases not movie released already two times or more...

Todd Jordan
05-31-2012, 10:25 PM
They Live...I hope they get a commentary with Carpenter, Piper, and Childs.

Jimmy Simard
05-31-2012, 10:37 PM
The region 2 release already have one with Carpenter and Piper.

Ryan K
05-31-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm interested in most of these except for the Halloween II Blu since I just got the one released last year.

I'd never heard of Death Valley (1982) but just noticed it features a scene with "Ralphie" from A Christmas Story (1983) in Cowboy gear battling "Black Bart." Similar to the Red Rider dream sequence from A Christmas Story. I had no idea their paths had crossed a year earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJr4vwdsuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9INFJ-PTw

Derrick King
06-01-2012, 02:42 AM
I think they said on facebook that everything announced will be released on DVD and Blu-ray except The Island and Death Valley, which will be DVD only and will, probably, be released as a double feature. For future releases, whether they get released on Blu or are DVD only, will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Andrew Monroe
06-01-2012, 08:10 AM
DEATH VALLEY isn't a rerelease. In addition to Peter Billingsley from CHRISTMAS STORY it also has Paul LeMat (MELVIN AND HOWARD), in fact it has a number of "names" in the cast, at least for what it is. It's a slasher, and not a great one but the unusual setting and child protagonist make it watchable. Has at least a modicum of suspense in a couple scenes.

Ian Jane
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Full extras listing (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2404-Shout!-Factory-Unveils-Scream-Factory-Line-Beginning-Fall-2012!) for the Halloween II & III Blu-ray's.

HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Special Features (preliminary confirmed line-up):
Audio commentary with director Rick Rosenthal
Audio commentary with stunt coordinator / actor Dick Warlock
The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making of HALLOWEEN II, featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, Dean Cundey and more..
Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- Revisiting the original shooting locations
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition Special Features:
Audio commentary with director Tommy Lee Wallace
Audio commentary with actor Tom Atkins
Stand Alone: The Making of HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, Dean Cundey and more
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Todd Jordan
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
The region 2 release already have one with Carpenter and Piper.

Well cool then maybe they port it over. That would be sweet.

Dick Ringeisen
06-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Interesting timing, this release of Terror Train. It's been mentioned in some news articles recently.

Terror Train, though been out on DVD before, and quite a while ago, may move a bit more due to it being mentioned in the news in relation with the guy in Canada who chopped up that guy, recorded video of it, placed it online, posted/mailed some body parts, and is now currently on the run.

An excerpt from an article I will link below;

"Derek MacKinnon, a former resident of the building where Magnotta lived, said he was the only person Magnotta would speak to in the building. MacKinnon identified himself as an actor who played a serial killer in the 1980 horror film "Terror Train."

"I was a killer who killed 11 people in this film, so he was rather interested in my career versus his," MacKinnon said. "It was like a quick conversation, not like anything big. And knowing that we were both gay, I think that's probably where he had the connection with me because he was extremely cold, standoffish, wouldn't talk to anybody, but he would stop for a sec to say something to me, and I think that he felt there was a kindred spirit or something between the two of us."

He said Magnotta "was always well groomed" until the last time MacKinnon saw him, on May 25. He said Magnotta was having "a bad hair day."
"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47649417...news-americas/

Jimmy Simard
06-02-2012, 01:07 AM
He was lucky since Luka Rocco Magnotta did invite him in his appartment the day he killed the Chinese student but he didn't go.

This is kind of all over the news over here... sadly as we aren't used to see this kind of brutality here.

BrianS
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Full extras listing (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2404-Shout!-Factory-Unveils-Scream-Factory-Line-Beginning-Fall-2012!) for the Halloween II & III Blu-ray's.

HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Special Features (preliminary confirmed line-up):
Audio commentary with director Rick Rosenthal
Audio commentary with stunt coordinator / actor Dick Warlock
The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making of HALLOWEEN II, featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, Dean Cundey and more..
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition Special Features:
Audio commentary with director Tommy Lee Wallace
Audio commentary with actor Tom Atkins
Stand Alone: The Making of HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, Dean Cundey and more
Still Gallery
Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Cliff said that he's trying to include the TV version of Halloween 2! Yay!

Jack J
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
The tv version? Now, THAT would be interesting!

Mark Tolch
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I need to get Halloween III and The Live on blu. Awesome.

Robert W
06-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm really looking forward to hearing Dick Warlock's commentary on the H2 disc. I'd heard an interview with him before and he's full of these incredible industry stories.

Ian Jane
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Halloween II is also supposedly going to have the full TV cut included (SD only - which makes sense) on a second disc. This'll be the full TV version, not just the inclusion of the alternate scenes.

Todd Jordan
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
What am I missing here? Why is the tv version so interesting?

Ian Jane
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Because it has some alternate footage.

From the IMDB:

The alternate television cut that is sometimes shown on syndicated stations (sometimes erroneously called the "Rick Rosenthal Cut" or the "Producer's Cut") contains the following differences from the theatrical cut:

Many of the scenes are time-compressed and run a lot faster than usual, and many scenes that were previously without music now have bits of soundtrack music added. The explicit violence is removed in all death scenes, and, of course, all the profanity has been re-dubbed or removed.
The credits come at the very beginning of the film, directly after the Universal logo.
The flashback to the first film contains additional sound effects, including a voice-over scream (supposedly from Laurie) when Loomis shoots Michael Myers.
A different shot is used of Loomis emerging from the house to find Myers's missing body.
The lines "I've been trick-or-treated to death tonight" and "You don't know what death is!" have been eliminated with an awkward voice-over from the neighbor saying "Is this a Halloween prank?" instead.
The scene where Myers steals a knife from a neighbor is out of place, appearing slightly later in the film, and is re-edited to suggest that Myers kills the old woman instead of the young girl that gets killed in the theatrical cut.
The voice-over announcements of the male TV reporter run slightly differently, depending on when they appear over the extra scenes.
An extra close-up shot of Laurie is inserted before Jimmy and Bud bring her out of the house on the stretcher.
A few extra lines of dialogue with the female reporter near the beginning of the film were changed.
After Ben Tramer is killed by the policeman's car in the explosion, the scene uses an alternate take that depicts Loomis and Brackett's reactions, and also when Hunt pulls up to tell Brackett that Annie's body was discovered.
The first view of Annie's corpse when Brackett identifies her is deleted.
A different take of the dialogue is used when Laurie arrives at the hospital. All shots of her being stuck with needles are removed, and the scene is extended to include shots of Mrs. Alves, Dr. Mixter, and Jill leaning over her as her vision blurs. Then they begin to undress her as Mrs. Alves tells Jimmy and Bud to leave.
The first scene that shows the kid with the razor blade in his mouth is removed, with only the section where he and his mother arrive at the ER and talk to Jill remaining.
An extra scene is added where Janet talks to Jimmy about Laurie's injuries and tells him that Dr. Mixter gave her a double-bullet sedative.
An extra scene of Jill talking to Bud and Mr. Garrett is added while they listen to reports of the murders. Mr. Garrett says drugs are the obvious problem.
An extra scene is added where a shaky Dr. Mixter reviews Laurie's medical procedures with Mrs. Alves.
A voice-over reporter speaking over the clip of "Night of the Living Dead" to inform viewers that Michael Myers is believed to have burned to death was added.
Extra dialogue is added between Mr. Garrett and Karen as he buzzes her in. He tells Karen the murders were committed because of drugs.
Mrs. Alves tries to call Laurie's parents while she scolds Janet for not calling them immediately. Meanwhile, Jimmy sneaks in to see Laurie, and Mrs. Alves tells him she'll give him two minutes and that's all, which explains why later she says, "Time's up, Jimmy. Let's go."
Karen and Jimmy discuss whether Michael Myers really burned to death in the accident, while Michael lurks in the shadows behind them.
Different sound effects are heard of the babies in the maternity ward as Michael lurks among them.
An extended scene is added that depicts Jimmy bringing Laurie the Coke he promised her before he tells her it was Michael Myers stalking her.
When Mr. Garrett goes to check the phones, an added voice-over line where he explains he's going to check the phone box in the storage room is heard.
As Mr. Garrett looks in the storage lockers directly before his death scene, extra shots of Michael Myers are inserted to make it appear as if Myers is slowly approaching, attracted by the noise Garrett makes when he knocks the boxes over.
A scene where Jill is on the phone (AFTER the phones are supposedly taken out!) is added, and Jimmy sneaks by her to go into Laurie's room to tell her that Michael Myers is dead. Instead of being relieved, Laurie panics and says that she has to get out of there, and Mrs. Alves, Jill, and Janet all come in to help sedate her. While they are working on Laurie, the lights in the hospital go out, and the emergency generator kicks on, which explains why the hospital is so dim for the rest of the film.
A different take is used of the scene where Loomis examines the charred remains of the man they think may have been Michael Myers. The scene also extends to include a scene of Loomis and Hunt walking outside the morgue to get in an elevator, where Loomis explains that he believes the wounded Myers might try and go home to nurse his injuries.
An extra voice-over is added in the scene where neighborhood kids throw rocks at the Myers house. Graham is heard telling the mob, "Michael Myers isn't here; we've checked the entire house!"
An extra scene shows Loomis and Hunt approaching the house while Hunt yells at people to go home.
A scene is added where Janet talks to Karen and tells her how creepy it is that the lights went out and how Laurie was screaming about Michael Myers coming to get her.
Extra dialogue is added in the scene where Bud tries to convince Karen to have sex with him in the therapy room.
The dialogue between Bud and Karen cuts immediately to a shot of Karen entering the therapy room, where Bud is already naked in the therapy tub. The scene also includes extra shots of the temperature gauge slowly rising and Michael Myers' hand turning it up. There is an alternate take of Karen talking to whom she thinks is Bud standing behind her, turning around to see that it's Michael Myers. The scene concludes with just one shot of her being shoved into the scalding water.
The scenes where Marion arrives are directly connected to when she leaves with Dr. Loomis in the Marshall's car.
When Jimmy discovers Laurie lying there in shock, there is extra dialogue as Jimmy and Jill wait for Dr. Mixter to respond to their call. In the theatrical version, this is where Janet runs to get Mixter and discovers his body, and is killed. That entire sequence was removed and Jimmy finally gets restless and says he's going to find Mrs. Alves.
There is an added scene of Jimmy looking for Mrs. Alves and finding the ladies lounge empty.
Laurie's dream is placed differently and features a new voice-over of a little-girl voice saying, "Please don't hurt me, Michael! I'm your sister!"
When Michael goes into Laurie's hospital room, he doesn't have a scalpel in his hand, and there is an extra scene of him closing the door behind himself as he leaves.
When Laurie crawls into the empty hospital room and grabs the phone, she tries to speak and cries into the phone, "Mama, he won't die! He won't go away!"
Extra dialogue is added between Jimmy and Jill where they wonder why the hospital is now empty, and Jill asks if someone could be in there with them.
Extra shots of Jimmy exploring the hospital, looking for other people.
Jill's death scene is softened. The shot of Michael stabbing her in the back with the scalpel was removed, and now it appears as if he simply grabs Jill and drops her. Additional sound effects of Jill groaning as she is dropped suggest that she survives.
An extra shot of Loomis and Marion in the back of the Marshall's car and extra shots of the car driving through Haddonfield are inserted.
All evidence of Jimmy being in the parked car with Laurie is cut out because he's supposed to be looking for others during the entire climax of the film.
Loomis only shoots Michael twice when he bursts through the glass door.
The Marshall's death scene is less gruesome, with Michael jumping up and pulling the Marshall with him, apparently stabbing him from behind.
Different angles in the operating room are added as the blinded Michael slashes out with his scalpel.
The television editing makes it appear as if Jimmy's fall is caused by the explosion.
Graham's dialogue is altered in the final scenes where Hunt asks him the body count; he gives no exact estimate.
When Laurie is placed in the ambulance at the end, someone is in there with her. There is a final scare as the figure sits up, covered by a sheet, and the sheet falls away, revealing Jimmy with a bandage on his head. Laurie cries in relief and says, "We made it!" They hold hands and "Mr. Sandman" begins to play over an exterior scene of the ambulance pulling out of the hospital's parking lot.

Todd Jordan
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Man...someone has a lot of love for that movie and way too much free time to devote to it.

BrianS
06-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Halloween II is also supposedly going to have the full TV cut included (SD only - which makes sense) on a second disc. This'll be the full TV version, not just the inclusion of the alternate scenes.

Excellent! The TV version is the version that I first saw, so I'm excited to be able to see it again.
Even though I'm not a big fan of part 6, I'd like whoever to release a 3 disc set of that, including the producer's cut & TV cut. If they don't think it'll sell, maybe do a fundraiser ala Misty Beethoven.

Ian Jane
06-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Just posted on FB:

Street Date Update: TERROR TRAIN & THE FUNHOUSE are both planned for a 10/16 release. We should have preorder links available at ScreamFactoryDVD.com available by end of June or early July so keep checking back!

Key Art Update: THE FUNHOUSE is still in 'final processing' stages (to borrow a quote from Halloween III). We're eager to share it and we will as soon as we can. :-)

Ian Jane
06-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I like it...

Randy G
06-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Very cool cover.

Ian Jane
07-03-2012, 05:09 PM
From their FB page...

"Mark your calenders John Carpenter fans! We are planning to release the Collector's Edition of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray and DVD on 11/6/12.

In the next couple of months we'll update you on its approved key art, tentative extras and pre-order links on ScreamFactoryDVD.com. Keep checking back with us!"

Wernski
07-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Didn't SF say they had another whole batch of horror titles they'd announce? I guess They Live is the first, and they're gonna name them individually...
Well, I've pre-ordered Halloween 3, and looking forward to hear what else they'll be springing on us.

Ian Jane
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM
They did mention that there are other titles in the pipeline but I don't think there's been an official announcement as to what those titles are. I'd like to see them give Prince Of Darkness a nice releases, as they're obviously tackling They Live.

Mike K
07-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here but Michael Felscher of Red Shirt Pictures who are responsible for the special features on the Scream Factory discs was taking part in a Q&A at a recent convention and mentioned that "They Live" has Carpenter's involvement in it and that interviews with him have already been shot. Although, he declined to be interviewed for "Halloween II" and "III" since he didn't direct them. Nonetheless, this is great news for Carpenter fans!

Ian Jane
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
That is good news. An SE for They Live is long overdue and I have faith in Shout! that they'll do this up right.

Mark Tolch
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
SWEET! All over this one!

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 12:58 PM
This is pretty rad. I'm going to assume we're getting reversible covers here.

Ian Jane
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Just posted on their FB page:

"Great breaking news to report to you fans of DEATH VALLEY & THE ISLAND:

Originally, these two cult favorites were to be combined together as a double feature on DVD only but that has now changed. They will now be split up and released sep...arately as a DVD & Blu-ray combo to appease fans of both formats. We will also be using the original theatrical key art for our covers. Stay tuned for more details on an official street date..."

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 02:09 PM
They Live special edition Blu-ray now has a release date of 11/6/12 (election day, oddly enough). Bonus features TBC, but here's the art.

Todd Jordan
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Great cover. I'm such a sucker for illustrated covers. Can't wait for this one.

Robin Bougie
08-07-2012, 05:53 AM
The Dude Designs cover for that is my early pick for best dvd/blu cover art of 2012.

Jens Thomsen
08-07-2012, 06:51 AM
So, what are the chances that Scream Factory might also release Prince of Darkness? Is it MGM property?

I have always loved They Live and Prince of Darkness equally much, but when watched PoD last it really blew me away. I totally got into that creepy slowly-building mood it has.

Ian Jane
08-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Prince Of Darkness is Universal (just like They Live) is it not?

Ian Jane
08-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Final extras for The Funhouse:

- Audio Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper, moderated by filmmaker Tim Sullivan
- The Barker Speaks!: An interview with actor Kevin Conway
- Something Wicked This Way Comes: An all-new interview with Executive Producer Mark L. Lester
- Carnival Music: An interview with Composer John Beal - Audio Interview with actor William Finley
- Deleted Scenes
- Original Theatrical Trailer, TV & Radio Spots

Mark Tolch
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Another extra...it's not done by AR**W.

Apronikoff
08-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Another extra...it's not done by AR**W.

What's the problem with Arrow?

george n
08-10-2012, 12:02 PM
What's the problem with Arrow?

I dont think some people are particularly taken with 'high rising productions' productions(i think that what they are called),I know their earlier extras had unbearably long animated intros but apart from that they seemed ok,I would imagine they would have shortened the intros by now though as the more vocal 'fans' did plenty of whining about it

Mark Tolch
08-10-2012, 05:27 PM
I take issue with the people they choose to associate with, but that's just me.

Ian Jane
08-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Flipside cover art for They Live...

Apronikoff
08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I take issue with the people they choose to associate with, but that's just me.

What do you mean?

Wernski
08-12-2012, 09:55 AM
What do you mean?

Pretty sure he means the involvement of the guys from Dark Side, the infamous plagiarizing mag (http://latarnia.blogspot.com/). I feel the same way, though I've still picked up a couple Arrow discs anyway.

Horace Cordier
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Mark is being polite. My problems with Arrow revolve primarily around genre critic Calum Waddell and his ubiquitous involvement with the company. Leaving aside his problematic history with DARK SIDE and publisher Bryce I just cannot stand the man's writing or presence in general. He combines my 2 least favorite attributes in a critic - overweening self-centered arrogance and insincerity. The other problem is those atrocious and endless animated intros - done by Waddell's girlfriend. Finally we have the Arrow history of botched transfers and piss-poor PR - like the infamous BEYOND first press Blu and the crap TENEBRE release.

That said I do have some of their better discs (like DAY OF THE DEAD and BAY OF BLOOD) and the Arrow Academy branch does fine work. I just far prefer Shout! Factory as a company.

Mark Tolch
08-12-2012, 10:58 PM
I like Shout! They're a great company that put a lot of work into what they do, release some great titles, have an awesome track record for QC, and I don't have any of the stigmas that arrow have. It's just nice to buy from a company you can feel good about buying from. I like the original art for They Live as well...might have to flip the cover every now and then to mix it up. :-D

Wernski
08-12-2012, 11:52 PM
The other problem is those atrocious and endless animated intros

Yeah, those do get really annoying, too. I think they would be a lot of fun, though, in a different context. Like, if she made a Youtube channel for horror movie-related animation, I bet lots of people would go there and get a kick out of them. But when they're used to make super, painfully long credits sequences for otherwise brief extras, and you have to sit through five or more on a single disc when they're not what you were looking to watch to begin with, they can get seriously irritating. Now I hate them; but if I'd just randomly stumbled upon then on the internet instead of all over my DVDs, I'd probably be amused by them.

Their comic booky DVD covers are lame, too. I know most of their cases are reversible (and I reverse 'em!), but they really spoiled the Demons tin.

Robin Bougie
08-14-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm a huge fan of ARROW, and absolutely love what they've done -- especially in terms of cover art, and extras. Really professional company. They've been good to me as well, as I've written liner notes and did one of their "lame comic booky covers". They pay on time, and seem like nice guys. Also, just to be clear: I'm unaware of whatever other drama you guys are talking about with who they are associated with, and don't really care that much regardless. Also haven't had any dealings with Callum Waddel, or know anything about his writing.

http://guy.com/a/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/FCD493_Bare_Behind_Bars_DVD_s2-1.jpg

Mark C.
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Nice one Robin, Always glad to see your work get appreciated and you gettting Paid!

Horace Cordier
08-14-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm a huge fan of ARROW, and absolutely love what they've done -- especially in terms of cover art, and extras. Really professional company. They've been good to me as well, as I've written liner notes and did one of their "lame comic booky covers". They pay on time, and seem like nice guys. Also, just to be clear: I'm unaware of whatever other drama you guys are talking about with who they are associated with, and don't really care that much regardless. Also haven't had any dealings with Callum Waddel, or know anything about his writing.

Its good you got paid Robin because Calum Waddell spent an awful lot of time working for a man who was both an incorrigible plagiarist and an exploiter of artists - Allen Bryce. I care about artists so I tend to care when they are being exploited. Many of those people were quite well known from the Maniacs days and honest individuals. Calum then spent a lot of time on the internet defending Bryce and attacking his critics. As for his writing - its filled with gems like this one - "I'm after every original print of Cannibal Holocaust so I can burn the lot!" written before he then got paid to do some extras on the Shameless Blu ray and viola! - all of a sudden its a genre classic. Go through some Arrow discs and you'll find the man as prevalent as maggots in a graveyard.

I do envy you for not being familiar with his writing though!

Wernski
08-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm unaware of whatever other drama you guys are talking about

I did link to the explanation.

Horace Cordier
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Looks like Shout! billed my credit card yesterday. Am I going to be getting my HALLOWEEN II and III almost a month early?

Robin Bougie
08-18-2012, 03:47 AM
??? I don't get it. Spell it out for me.

This is what I can gather: You guys think Arrow is a bad company because someone who works there once stood up for and defended a plagerist? I would totally understand your stance if Arrow themselves had plagerized, but this honestly doesn't seem like that horrible of a crime.

To put it another way: I'm about 99% positive people who work for other dvd companies you adore, have at some point, had opinions you wouldn't agree with, or perhaps have defended the actions of others that you would be dead-set against.

Horace Cordier
08-18-2012, 12:24 PM
How about this - I dislike Arrow because they often do shoddy transfers (THE BEYOND'S first pressing with the incorrect opening sequence and the butt ugly TENEBRAE transfer), ruin potentially good extras with awful and endless animated intros and have often sloppy customer service. And their discs often feature the involvement of an annoying and talentless genre writer/"personality".

And I have none of these issues with Shout! factory who do generally excellent work, have cool people like Cliff M working for them and efficient customer service.

So there is my Arrow position - and not a single mention of Bryce, DARK SIDE or plagiarism.

I will make one final point through. Much like Chick-Fil-A one is judged by the company they keep and having someone like Wadell prominently involved with your company DOES say something.

Apronikoff
08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't doubt that these criticisms of Arrow Video are valid. But I will say one thing in their defense: my personal experience with their customer service has been worlds better than with some other DVD companies. I picked up their release of The Beyond when it came out -- since I had seen the movie recently and didn't hear anything about the transfer problems I didn't check out the disc. The discussion in here about the problems with that release was the first I heard about the color issues, so I checked out my copy this week...sure enough it was one of the bad ones. So I e-mailed Arrow and within a matter of hours had a very polite e-mail from them informing me that a replacement disc was in the mail to me.

Contrast that with my experience with Raro Video. The first pressing of their release of Massimo Dallamano's Dorian Gray was faulty as well. But this wasn't a color issue -- an hour into the movie the DVD would freeze and could not play past that point. What happened when I e-mailed Raro about having a faulty copy (of what was a well known production problem)? I was told I was welcome to buy the corrected edition from their website.

Horace Cordier
08-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't doubt that these criticisms of Arrow Video are valid. But I will say one thing in their defense: my personal experience with their customer service has been worlds better than with some other DVD companies. I picked up their release of The Beyond when it came out -- since I had seen the movie recently and didn't hear anything about the transfer problems I didn't check out the disc. The discussion in here about the problems with that release was the first I heard about the color issues, so I checked out my copy this week...sure enough it was one of the bad ones. So I e-mailed Arrow and within a matter of hours had a very polite e-mail from them informing me that a replacement disc was in the mail to me.

Contrast that with my experience with Raro Video. The first pressing of their release of Massimo Dallamano's Dorian Gray was faulty as well. But this wasn't a color issue -- an hour into the movie the DVD would freeze and could not play past that point. What happened when I e-mailed Raro about having a faulty copy (of what was a well known production problem)? I was told I was welcome to buy the corrected edition from their website.

Fair enough - sometimes its a matter of personal experience. Initially, Arrow refused to even admit that there was an error on the BEYOND, then they left bad copies out for sale at even Amazon and some people had to wait ages for the corrected version and finally there was a point where Arrow said that they were no longer sending out replacement discs. Finally it all seems to have settled down and the copies at Amazon are all correct etc. I personally waited well over a year since the initial release to avoid getting a bum copy.

For all my complaints about Arrow I do own a fair number of their discs - both DEMONS Blus, THE BEYOND, DAY OF THE DEAD and BAY OF BLOOD. They are simply a company that I have issues with, that's all.

Wernski
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
You guys think Arrow is a bad company because someone who works there once stood up for and defended a plagerist?

No, not just that guy (though that's not exactly a good look). They employ the actual plagiarist... the Dark Side (and other mags) editor who was personally responsible for committing the plagiarizing, profiting from it for years, then lying about it and covering it up.

I've written liner notes and did one of their "lame comic booky covers"

For the record, I don't think the artwork is badly drawn or anything; and I don't mean to criticize your artistic ability. I just think they're completely inappropriate for the films... they make them look like anime or something. I'm sure your drawings would make great covers for actual comic books or comic-related media. It's Arrow's decision to make their movies look like comics that I dislike.

Ian Jane
08-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Cover art for the upcoming Blu-ray release of Peter Benchley's The Island.

Mark C.
08-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Interesting, I had a similiar experience with Raro, after more prodding they caved in when I offered to send them the same faulty disc. Took them a week to decide though.

Ian Jane
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Final list of extras for the Terror Train release:

- Destination Death - An interview with Producer Daniel Grodnik
- Riding The Rails - An interview with Production Executive Don Carmody
- All Aboard! - An interview with Production Designer Glenn Bydwell
- Music For Murder - An interview with Composer John Mills-Cockell
- Original Theatrical Trailer and TV spot
- Still Gallery with rare photos

Ian Jane
08-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Cover art for the Death Valley Blu-ray...

Horace Cordier
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Never seen DEATH VALLEY or THE ISLAND. I'm in for both though.

Ian Jane
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Final extras for THEY LIVE:

Audio Commentary with Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actor Roddy Piper
Independent Thoughts – An interview with Writer/Director John Carpenter
Man vs. Aliens – An interview with Actor Keith David
Woman of Mystery – An interview with Actress Meg Foster
Watch, Look, Listen: The Sights & Sounds of They Live – A look at the visual style, stunts and music from the film with Director of Photography Gary B. Kibbe, Stunt Coordinator Jeff Imada, and Co-Composer Alan Howarth
2012 Cast Reunion Q&A with Roddy Piper, Keith David, and Meg Foster. Presented by Ain’t It Cool News and Texas Frightmare Weekend.
Original EPK: The Making of They Live
Never-Before-Seen Footage from the Commercials created for the film.
Original Theatrical Trailer
TV Spots Still Gallery

Jimmy Simard
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director John Carpenter and Actor Roddy Piper

Certainly the same who is on the region 2 release I own, I doubt they did a new one together...

Original EPK: The Making of They Live
Is it the same who is already on the Momentum Pictures release? I guess not

I'll keep my order alive as a lot of new extras are included, too bad they didn't do a new commentary with more cast member.

Shawn Francis
09-07-2012, 09:07 PM
SCREAM FACTORY just made this post on their FB page:

"Get set for some REALLY great new titles coming up in 2013 which we'll be beginning to start slowly announcing soon.

We've been working on a deal for over a year and we're happy to report its been finalized. Some films have never been available before and some have even been requested here on the Facebook page from you guys already. We'll also be introducing some fun DVD double and triple features into our future mix as well.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the support!"

Jimmy Simard
09-07-2012, 09:26 PM
We'll also be introducing some fun DVD double and triple features into our future mix as well.
WOW they start dumping their stuff fast this time... I guess we will see the exclusive overprice sourced from tape release without extra, chapter and menu coming early next year :funny:

Body Boy
09-08-2012, 04:33 AM
At least it will be coming out... I'm thankful...

Randy G
09-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Cover art for the upcoming Blu-ray release of Peter Benchley's The Island.

Saw this movie a hundred times as a kid, remember the flare gun near the end very well. Have no idea if it's any good at all but would like to see it again and find out.

Ian Jane
09-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Scream Factory just announced they're working on Terrorvision and (a proper widescreen version of) The Nest.

bgart13
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
If these are actually controlled by MGM, then I'm hopeful that Shout might release their Hammer titles and titles like THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN - or just restart the Midnite Movies line. But until it's specifically stated MGM is the company they're working with, I'll keep my expectations in check.

Derrick King
09-14-2012, 01:44 PM
The are MGM. I was curious about THE NEST, but Cliff said on blu-ray.com forums that MGM controls it for a few more years, but it will revert to Corman. He also said that they have licensed some non-horror titles from MGM.

Ian Jane
09-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Yoink.

bgart13
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Glad I held off on the Arrow disc. I'm fairly tired of them.

Shawn Francis
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz144/SWF69/3475_10151171857686310_15497923_n_zps5b5dc2e5.jpg

Barry M
09-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Nice. Puttin' the cock back in cockroach.

Clive Smith
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM
That cover art makes me want to touch myself.

Ian Jane
09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
And this was just announced on Facebook...

"We're proud to share that PRISON (1988) -- starring Viggo Mortensen and directed by Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2, Deep Blue Sea) -- is finally coming to DVD and Blu-ray from us in 2013."

Ian Jane
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Looking forward to this one.

Jimmy Simard
09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
It's just too bad they haven't try to get an interview with Derek McKinnon on the release... He isn't that hard to find as he is always at Montreal and his adress is well known.

Guess they can't do nice release everytime...

Andrew Monroe
09-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Me too (looking forward to this), I think TERROR TRAIN is Jamie Lee's best slasher after HALLOWEEN. I dig train-set films in general and this one has some really nice cinematography.

Ian Jane
09-26-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ61kOEHHUY

Derek Steckler
09-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I dig train-set films in general and this one has some really nice cinematography.
Yes, by John Alcott who shot A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, and The Shining!

Ian Jane
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vrKVT7K2pY

Apronikoff
09-27-2012, 12:45 PM
I wish they'd make an announcement about Phantasm 2. Of all the titles that were mentioned at launch that was the one I was most excited about...but it looks like that won't happen until next year

Jimmy Simard
09-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I wish they'd make an announcement about Phantasm 2.
Maybe they try to get the rights for the four movies... one thing for sure it would be better to see them release Phantasm 1 and 3 on blu-ray than Anchor Bay who don't really have a good track record for a while.

Ian Jane
09-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Just in from their facebook page:

** EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

The much-demanded THE VIDEO DEAD (1987) -- with zombies that come out of a TV set - is finally coming out in 2013.

Check back with us next Fri for another release scoop. And keep checking back with us regularly for more release specific details on THE VIDEO DEAD Happy Friday!

Ehren H
09-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Shout Factory have been doing stellar work, and I was beyond excited when they announced Scream Factory. If their Special Edition of Halloween 2 is indicative of how well the rest of their releases are going to turn out, I'm going to be a pretty avid buyer from this company.

edit: and I'm definitely excited for Video Dead, very fun lil flick!

Ian Jane
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Shout! just sent over links for some clips from The Funhouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32CSXCcfWNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVwIXt93z5Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeYhrjVUjTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEVamJcfZQ8

And for Terror Train:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY62yl8zEYY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPbYSNtLHI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y91J05LTqfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_2UV-f-SE

Ian Jane
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Spring 2013.

Clive Smith
10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
This one has quite a lot of face-bubbling in it's uncut form. New art style.

Apronikoff
10-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Spring 2013.

Nice! Can't wait...

Ian Jane
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Just posted on their facebook page:

"Surprise!! We have TWO movies to reveal for you today!. At long last, THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN (1976) and THE EVICTORS (1979) - both from the same Director - are finally coming out."

Jimmy Simard
10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Finally they will release something good from the MGM vault... maybe the Video Dead or The Nest are good (at least the Nest seems to be), but I prefer seventies stuff over eighties stuff and re-release.

Not that I don't buy or order most their new release anyway, but I feel more joy when I know something is more in my taste palette. They just need to continue with the single feature release and I will continue to purchase, but please Cliff if you read this don't go on the multi-features disc road again with this...

Ian Jane
10-12-2012, 09:29 AM
And From Beyond has been announced for DVD/Blu-ray for a 2013 release.

Roderick
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
And From Beyond has been announced for DVD/Blu-ray for a 2013 release.

Boing!

Ian Jane
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Looks like the transfer for The Funhouse is the same as what was on the Arrow Blu-ray.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews54/funhouse_blu-ray.htm

Koukol
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Looks like the transfer for The Funhouse is the same as what was on the Arrow Blu-ray.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews54/funhouse_blu-ray.htm

Thanks Ian.
There's some money saved.

Jimmy Simard
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I don't have it so it isn't a big deal and even if I would have it the commentary with Tobe Hooper would be more than enough justification for the purchase.

Ian Jane
10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
A whole bunch of screen caps from the They Live Blu-ray posted here (http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?utm_source=facebook.com&awesm=fbshare.me_h7MF&utm_content=fbshare-js-large&p=92199&utm_medium=fbshare.me-facebook-post&utm_campaign=).

Ian Jane
10-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Hot off the presses...

"Cult classics THE VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970 - Starring Peter Cushing) and THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN (1977 - with gooey Rick Baker make-up effects) will both be coming to Blu-ray for the first time next year!"

Andrew Monroe
10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Hot off the presses...

"Cult classics THE VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970 - Starring Peter Cushing) and THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN (1977 - with gooey Rick Baker make-up effects) will both be coming to Blu-ray for the first time next year!"

Wow, that's pretty incredible. Particularly about MELTING MAN on BD!

Ian Jane
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM

Koukol
10-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, that's pretty incredible. Particularly about MELTING MAN on BD!

Yeah!
I'd love some soft serve on BD!

Ian Jane
10-24-2012, 01:41 PM

Ehren H
10-24-2012, 01:48 PM
I cannot wait for that double feature, Scream Factory makes me so happy.

Jimmy Simard
10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Scream Factory makes me so happy.
Not on this in my case... first release I'll pass. I just hope they won't go the same way they did with the Corman's library with the MGM one.

Apronikoff
10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Not on this in my case... first release I'll pass. I just hope they won't go the same way they did with the Corman's library with the MGM one.

Well, I couldn't disagree more. I hope this is the first of many multi-feature releases from Scream Factory.

Body Boy
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Well, I couldn't disagree more. I hope this is the first of many multi-feature releases from Scream Factory.

Agreed. I was going to pass on the individual ones but I may actually pick this DF up. Good choice by Scream.

On that note, I'm happy they are releasing Death Valley alone. That's one that deserves a separate release.

Ehren H
10-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm psyched for this double-feature, I think those films thematically will work quite well together as a singular viewing experience.

And personally, I loved a lot of those multi movie sets of the Corman movies that Shout did. I'd usually buy them for one movie I had already seen, and end up with 1-2 extra flicks I hadn't checked out before. Great deal, and it was awesome to see so many of those Corman flicks looking so nice.

Jimmy Simard
10-24-2012, 11:18 PM
I hope this is the first of many multi-feature releases from Scream Factory.
And in one year you will see the end of the MGM deal because the movies will not sell enough to get even... but some people will be happy as they will get cheap Mill Creek multipack alike. On the other hand some understand that cheapen the value of your materials isn't a good road to take financially talking and not a good news for any movie lovers.

Great deal, and it was awesome to see so many of those Corman flicks looking so nice.
Yeah, the last batch sourced from VHS tape without a menu was so good looking...

Jack J
10-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Yeah, the last batch sourced from VHS tape without a menu was so good looking...

Ay? I never saw any of those. Which titles were they?

Ehren H
10-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Which Shout discs didn't have menus and were VHS transfers? None of the ones I picked up were, but I'd like to avoid the ones that were.

Jimmy Simard
10-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Naked Angels (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2594-Naked-Angels)
Sweet Kill (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2591-Sweet-Kill)

Ehren H
10-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Eh, they definitely look crappy. But I used to spend 25 bucks a tape from VSoM back in the day, for way worse transfers. If the only way I can see a movie, or own a legit copy, is in a less than a stellar transfer (especially if the only elements they knew about/had access to were garbage) I'll still take the plunge. Is it ideal? Hell no, but it happens.

I'd still take a transfer like that over some of the weird retouched/re-color timed ones that have been released.

Jack J
10-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Naked Angels (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2594-Naked-Angels)
Sweet Kill (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2591-Sweet-Kill)

Thanks, Jimmy. Disappointing. Not least in regards to SWEET KILL since John Lyons comments that he has a 35mm print.

We have a 35mm print of this in the VS collection. It's not great either - moisture damage causing color fluctuations and some fuji rot. Not sure if it's any improvement, but we have an HD transfer done if shout ever wants it...

Jack J
10-25-2012, 01:01 AM
I used to spend 25 bucks a tape from VSoM back in the day

Did you see my thread on "the other" forum? Whoever owns VSoM is trying to sell it off now. Not a whole lot of people get their films there anymore.

Jimmy Simard
10-25-2012, 01:06 AM
To each is own I guess... No way in hell I'll pay a premium price for crappy transfer, if it isn't worthy of a menu this is certainly not worthy of a release in my book (unless the transfert looks ok like it was the case with Code Red's Primal Rage).

Ian Jane
10-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Did you see my thread on "the other" forum? Whoever owns VSoM is trying to sell it off now. Not a whole lot of people get their films there anymore.

Haha, you can refer to it by name Jack, it's not a problem.

And yeah, those Shout! Select releases were overpriced for what they offered but they're they only game in town at this point, for those movies at least. At least they're licensed.

I think the approach to the Scream Factory stuff is different though. The re-releases of stuff that's been on DVD/Blu are getting packed with extras AND they're fairly mainstream movies. The Halloween stuff and They Live? Those'll sell. They have much bigger fan bases I'd think than any of the Corman titles that got the same sort of treatment.

If they use those as the flagship titles to make the money with, good for them. No problem by me. If they double feature the more obscure stuff (Video Dead has a solid cult following but there's no way it touches They Live) I'm fine with that.

Ehren H
10-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I haven't ordered from VSoM in years, I'm just saying I've paid way more for way worse haha

Horace Cordier
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM

And yeah, those Shout! Select releases were overpriced for what they offered but they're they only game in town at this point, for those movies at least. At least they're licensed.

I think the approach to the Scream Factory stuff is different though. The re-releases of stuff that's been on DVD/Blu are getting packed with extras AND they're fairly mainstream movies. The Halloween stuff and They Live? Those'll sell. They have much bigger fan bases I'd think than any of the Corman titles that got the same sort of treatment.

If they use those as the flagship titles to make the money with, good for them. No problem by me. If they double feature the more obscure stuff (Video Dead has a solid cult following but there's no way it touches They Live) I'm fine with that.

Exactly. Look - I'm pretty deep into this stuff and I know zilch about the VIDEO DEAD. Which means that the odds of something like that selling like hot cakes on a $20 single film special edition aren't that good.

So a reasonably priced double feature is the way to go. And there are never any guarantees on sales. Some of the Cormans sold surprisingly poorly but the Rollin Blus did ok. And I clearly remember someone with industry contacts saying "They may as well just burn money in the street" when asked about the profit potential on Rollin Blu rays.

So... nobody knows anything.

Roderick
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
I own a good sized stack of double features that I certainly would not have bought as regular priced individual releases. But toss in a second movie and charge me less than $20 and I am game. I would't have picked up half as many of those Corman titles if they hadn't offered them up in the fashon they did.

Apronikoff
10-25-2012, 12:03 PM

Thanks, Ian. This is exactly how I feel. On the Corman titles, I thought they stuck just the right balance - "name" titles like Piranha got stand-alone releases, while more obscure titles got released on multi-feature sets. I honestly can't imagine a scenario where Shout Factory could have made money on a full-featured stand-alone release of a title like Timewalker or Georgia Peaches. So the fact that we got lots of obscure offerings alongside the more famous stuff (in what were generally quite good transfers, Shout Select aside) was what made the Corman series one of my favorite lines in the last few years.

That's why I'm excited about Scream Factory. If they only release big titles like the Halloween sequels, that'll be okay, but what will make it a really exciting series for me is if they release a lot of obscurities in double- and triple-features.

Jimmy Simard
10-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Exactly. Look - I'm pretty deep into this stuff and I know zilch about the VIDEO DEAD. Which means that the odds of something like that selling like hot cakes on a $20 single film special edition aren't that good.
It's because you don't read the Horror Digital Forum, if you did you would have read a guy whine about that film for more than three years (no the guy isn't me...).

Which means that the odds of something like that selling like hot cakes on a $20 single film special edition aren't that good.
None of the Scream Factory title cost 20$, this is the price I've paid or lock on pre-order

Halloween II (BR): 19.99$
Halloween III (BR) : 19.99$
Terror Train (BR) : 19.99$
The Funhouse (DVD) : 13.99$
They Live (DVD) : 13.99$
Death Valley (BR) : 18.99$
The Island (BR) : 18.99$
Deadly Blessing (BR) : 13.99$
The Nest (BR) : 18.99$

Ehren H
10-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Scream Factory just posted on FB that they will be announcing 3 upcoming titles tomorrow, they say all 3 have never been on DVD and they're all from the 80's. Pretty excited to see what they have in the oven.

Horace Cordier
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Jimmy - so there's one guy on a forum somewhere who'd pay big for a standalone VIDEO DEAD? Hell, I'd pay big for a NAKED VENGEANCE Blu but it probably wouldn't be a big seller. Every movie has a couple of rabid fans - I'm talking general market. Look at DAMNATION ALLEY - it sold like crap in a standalone special edition. And DA is a far bigger flick than the VIDEO DEAD.

As for preorder prices and MSRP's, those always have flux in them. But the initial price point is going to be more reasonable on these twofers than it would be on single film special editions I'm pretty sure.

Jimmy Simard
10-25-2012, 02:05 PM
I would have bought each of them as standalone even if I've no clue what those films are about... I don't know but less than 20$ isn't that much for a blind buy. I do a lot of blind buying (often the title doesn't help me as I've seen all those film in french when I was young) and I've always seen that as the fun part of being a collector.

The VD guy was an exemple, it doesn't mean that I didn't find him stupid with his whining like the Nightmare guy or the Redemeer guy. People who ask over and over for a film to be release fall on my nerve really fast...

Look at DAMNATION ALLEY - it sold like crap in a standalone special edition.
Maybe but there is a difference : they released it as a DVD and a blue-ray, so they split the market. The sales would have been higher as a Blu-Ray/DVD combo and their storage unit would have less unsold units.

But the initial price point is going to be more reasonable on these twofers than it would be on single film special editions I'm pretty sure.
Don't bet on that, I just check my info in DVDP and the stand alone releases cost me less than the multi features pack in the Corman Collection. I don't see why it would be different in that case...

Andrew Monroe
10-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Scream Factory just posted on FB that they will be announcing 3 upcoming titles tomorrow, they say all 3 have never been on DVD and they're all from the 80's. Pretty excited to see what they have in the oven.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what's coming too. A rare slasher never hurt anybody...

Ehren H
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm hoping one of them is The Black Room. Completely awesome and creepy early 80's flick that is far too under-seen, and underrated.

Jimmy Simard
10-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I take a guess with The Prey (complete uncut version), Ghost Town and Without Warning. To be honest except for Without Warning I don't imagine I will be right.

Jack J
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM

Oh I know that. I was joking. :haha:

Jack J
10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
except for Without Warning I don't imagine I will be right.

AWE announced a DVD release of (They Came) Without Warning a couple of years back but Mads Jensen from the company said the rights owners didn't have a proper print and if I remember correctly he said they sent them some low quality beta master or some such. They cancelled the release. I believe the best release so far is a UK laserdisc (which I don't own, I've got the UK and Danish video tapes).

Hell, I'd pay big for a NAKED VENGEANCE Blu

I'd löööve a proper release of that too. DVD or bluray. The only uncut release is the unrated US VHS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R--6_epLl-I

Ian Jane
10-26-2012, 10:03 AM
And this was just announced...

"Cannon films X-RAY (1981 - aka: HOSPITAL MASSACRE with Barbi Benton), SCHIZOID (1980 - starring Klaus Kinski) and THE GODSEND (1980 - starring Donald Pleasence's daughter, Angela) are on tap for a release late in 2013! All three have never been out on DVD before.

As mentioned yesterday, these films will not show up on our schedule until later in 2013 so we cannot confirm they will be on Blu-ray as we have not seen the masters yet. We say this only to manage expectations. More details on these fun flicks will be presented next year."

Roderick
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Fingers crossed for a triple feature release! :eyebrows:

Andrew Monroe
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
X-RAY is pretty bad but I'm excited about THE GODSEND and SCHIZOID - I saw the former on paycable in the 80s but I don't think I've seen the Kinski.

Jimmy Simard
10-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Fingers crossed for a triple feature release! :eyebrows:
No I won't talk, if people like that more power to them it's just not my cup of tea :biggrin:

Are those three any good? The titles doesn't sound any ring for me

Ehren H
10-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Schizoid sounds the most interesting to me, it's got Kinski haha

Horace Cordier
10-26-2012, 01:29 PM
And there are always two good reasons to watch Barbi Benton in anything.

Apronikoff
10-26-2012, 01:57 PM
And there are always two good reasons to watch Barbi Benton in anything.

Her poise and her diction?

Ehren H
10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd put my diction in her poise.

Sorry, I am, "that guy."

Gary Banks
10-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I haven't seen SCHIZOID since it first hit vhs so this will be on my to buy list.

Ian Jane
10-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Extras for Deadly Blessing announced:

- An All-New commentary with Director Wes Craven
- Say Your Prayers! - New interview with Actor Michael Berryman (The Hills Have Eyes)
- Secrets Revealed - New interview with Actress Susan Buckner (Grease)
- Rise of the Incubus - New interview with Creature Designer John Naulin
- So it Was Written - A new look at the film's screenplay with writers Glenn Bennest and Matthew Barr
- Original Theatrical trailer and rare original TV & radio spots

Ehren H
10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
The commentary track is a major selling point for me, Craven's tracks are always quite informative, and usually pretty entertaining as well. The commentary he did with Cunningham for Last House being a classic in it's own right.

Ian Jane
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Just announced this morning:

"Sadly, we don't have the rights to the original SCANNERS...but we were able to get them for its sequels. SCANNERS II: THE NEW ORDER (1991) and SCANNERS III: THE TAKEOVER (1992) will finally make their debuts on DVD in 2013."

I think they mean domestic debuts on DVD, cause I have a UK boxed set with all three Scanners films in it.

Jimmy Simard
11-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I already have that boxset and as they won't release the first one, I can't see the point of getting them (at least it will save me money and I'll gladly skip a double features). Unless they have an interview with Valérie Valois for the third one in that case I will care... but as they did no effort to find the easilly findable Canadian actor for Terror Train I'm sure they will do no effort for a French Canadian actress.

Jack J
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Incidentally, I have just this afternoon ordered the Canadian dvd release of SCANNER COP 2 (aka SCANNERS 5). The info that I have is that it's the only dvd release in the world. I've never seen either of the SCANNER COP sequels but someone said they're much better than the original sequels. :D

Shawn Francis
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Second Sight Films (UK) is releasing the SCANNERS trilogy on blu next year.

Jimmy Simard
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Second Sight Films (UK) is releasing the SCANNERS trilogy on blu next year.
Wich is why my money will go to the old continent... no point of getting a trilogy on blu without the original.

Shawn Francis
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, I can't get review copies from Shout so, I'll be getting THIS trilogy, too. Second Sight is also putting FROM BEYOND, SOCIETY, RE-ANIMATOR, BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR, and THE BROOD on blu. In a few weeks, SOUTHERN COMFORT hits DVD and blu through them as well.

Wernski
11-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Second Sight is also putting FROM BEYOND, SOCIETY, RE-ANIMATOR, BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR, and THE BROOD on blu.

D'oh! I just bought an OOP AB Society DVD.

Terry C
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Just finished watching the They Live Blu and I must say the Picture and Sound are amazing.

Ian Jane
11-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Just announced:

"The much-requested THE HORROR SHOW (1989 - with Lance Henriksen and also known as "House III" in some circles) and THE VAGRANT (1992 - starring Bill Paxton) will finally make their debuts on DVD in 2013."

Jack J
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Niiice! I watched THE VAGRANTon vhs recently and wished there was a release in its proper ratio. Great news.

Yeah, THE HORROR SHOW came out on these shores as HOUSE 3. I've never watched it tho.

Andrew Monroe
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Zero interest in those two.

Jimmy Simard
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Not that exciting for a third consecutive weeks, but I could jump the gun for House 3 as I have the first two (even if I know they aren't related).

Don't tell me they don't have access to good seventies materials.... 90s stuff aren't my cup of tea at all.

Horace Cordier
11-09-2012, 03:58 PM
HORROR SHOW is a truly awful film. Lance hated doing it (it was his "alimony" film) and says the only redeeming feature of it was working with Brion James.

THE VAGRANT looks interesting however.

Robert W
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd heard that the Jap disc of Horror Show was uncensored. I wonder if this is the print Shout! will be using?

As for the film, it isn't all that bad for what it is. Lance, as usual, gives a faultless performance.

Horace Cordier
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
The problem with HORROR SHOW is its abysmal script which has no internal logic ( the supernatural elements are absurd even by grade B movie standards) and hysterically overwrought set pieces. That thanksgiving scene is a bad movie classic. All that said the movie is kinda fun and i could watch Lance read the label on an aspirin bottle and enjoy him.

Gary Banks
11-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Zero interest in those two.

Same here.

I hope that the titles I'm not interested in sell well so the line can continue. I'm geeked about Melting Man, Town That Dreaded Sundown, and Schizoid.

Ian Jane
11-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Release date for The Nest Blu-ray has been moved from 1/22/12 to 2/19/12.

Jack J
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
I bought the old DVD recently and really enjoyed the film so I for one am happy they're putting out a new, better version (the old dvd is fs).

Apronikoff
11-14-2012, 03:46 PM
I bought the old DVD recently and really enjoyed the film so I for one am happy they're putting out a new, better version (the old dvd is fs).

Yeah, this and Phantasm 2 are the Scream Factory releases I'm most looking forward to...

Derrick King
11-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Scream hasn't posted this, but people are saying that the titles they announced are:
The Fog
The Howling
The Burning
Lifeforce
Night of the Comet
Day of the Dead

Jimmy Simard
11-16-2012, 11:33 PM
As Mike post it and he is at the panel and will interview Cliff we can say it is official...

The Burning and Lifeforce (if it's the longer european cut only) for me, I'm fine with the DVD I have for the other.

Apronikoff
11-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Scream hasn't posted this, but people are saying that the titles they announced are:
The Fog
The Howling
The Burning
Lifeforce
Night of the Comet
Day of the Dead

Oh hell yeah. I'll probably stick with the Arrow BD of Day of the Dead, but at least the first four on that list I'll definitely be picking up.

Edit:

And here's their announcement banner
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/373984_192612947542391_1813089571_n.jpg

Ian Jane
11-17-2012, 12:04 AM
That's pretty fuggin' rad, right there. AWESOME news.

Derrick King
11-17-2012, 12:19 AM
I really hope DAY OF THE DEAD gets a new transfer

Horace Cordier
11-17-2012, 03:21 AM
For the Blu crowd this is a goldmine. Funny how I was just wondering recently about a LIFEFORCE Blu. Netflix has the longer cut running in lovely HD so it shouldn't be that difficult for Shout to dish out that cut.

Jimmy Simard
11-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Netflix has the longer cut running in lovely HD so it shouldn't be that difficult for Shout to dish out that cut.
This is a good news since I didn't want the cut version :up:

Ian Jane
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
Shout! knows what they're doing with this line. I can't see them releasing the cut version of Lifeforce.

Andrew Monroe
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Wow, THE BURNING on blu! Who'd a thunk it?

Derrick King
11-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Over at the Classic Horror Forum, Jameson281, who works at MGM, said (http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/reply/890930/Scream-Factory-announces-FOG-HOWLING-DAY-DEAD-BURNIN#reply-890930) this about LIFEFORCE
LIFEFORCE (both cuts) was remastered fairly recently and approved by Hooper, so I'm guessing they'll use the existing MGM transfer(s).

He also said that none of the MGM titles were on the Shout Factory list he saw earlier this year and that THE FOG and THE HOWLING need new masters.

Derrick King
11-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I tweeted to ask Jason Alexander if he was going to contribute to THE BURNING Blu-ray, his answer:

WHYYYYYYY?!

Horace Cordier
11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
I tweeted to ask Jason Alexander if he was going to contribute to THE BURNING Blu-ray, his answer:

Aside from SEINFELD this was his career highlight!

Ian Jane
11-18-2012, 02:40 PM
No kidding. What else has he got going on these days?

Ryan Clark
11-18-2012, 04:21 PM
VERY excited about their latest and past announcements. Of the new batch I will be buying all but Lifeforce (didn't care for that one). Also, I'll only rebuy Day of the Dead if the transfer is a significant upgrade from the underwhelming Anchor Bay Blu-ray – it would be nice if the audio issues were also fixed.

Jimmy Simard
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
No kidding. What else has he got going on these days?
Nothing important since that one who look like a lot of entry you post in the "DVD/Blu-ray's I don't Ever Want" thread.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HDvamLaKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
After that "huge movie success"... 5 movies (4 of them are short unreleased features) quite a big career to have an ego indeed.

Ian Jane
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I seem to remember, though don't quote me on this, that he was approached for the MGM DVD release a few years back and declined. That'd indicate, as would his twitter response, that he's maybe not such a fan of this one? A shame, I've always thought it was a pretty rad slasher. I'm sure Shout! will do it right even if he doesn't want to be involved. I think they realize that there's a pretty solid cult following for the movie.

Derrick King
11-19-2012, 01:58 AM
I think Jason Alexander has been doing a lot of theater.

Jimmy Simard
11-19-2012, 02:19 AM
I think Jason Alexander has been doing a lot of theater.
Maybe but from what I got when I did my interview with Tony Marsiglia the L.A. theater scene isn't a great way to make a living as most people don't care...

But he probably don't need the works and do it for the fun or something like this...

Derrick King
11-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Yeah, Seinfeld money = fuck you money

In other news, the AV Maniacs interview with Cliff MacMillan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1k4W5D5IY&feature=player_embedded) went up and he confirmed the following films (it was really noisy during the first half of the interview, so if I got any titles wrong, I'm sorry):
Exterminator 2
Rolling Thunder (Blu-ray only, pretty sure he said all the MGM MOD they got will be Blu-ray only)
Dark Angel
Cohen and Tate
Captain America
More Empire films
Tank Girl
Eve of Destruction
Unholy Rollers
6 Jackie Chan Movies
Big Boss
Fist of Fury
Way of the Dragon
Game of Death

I missed this when I watched the interview, but over at the Classic Horror Film Board, Jameson281 pointed out that Cliff said Shout will be releasing "a few Vincent Price movies."

Jimmy Simard
11-19-2012, 05:11 AM
Haven't listen the interview yet, but...

Excuse my language but Holly fuck Unholy Rollers :woot:

Did he say with or without the original music?

Guess I'l have to buy some I didn't want to just to show my support :biggrin:

Ian Jane
11-19-2012, 10:32 AM
That's a pretty bad ass list.

Ian Jane
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm also curious to find out which Price movies they got. Those were MGM aquisitions as well I'm guessing? There's a lot to choose from there.

Apronikoff
11-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Cover art for From Beyond:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/15967_195068693963483_207326868_n.jpg

Roderick
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Glad to see it coming to blu, but that is some shitty art.

Derrick King
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
That cover would be ok if they fixed the likenesses.

As for THE UNHOLY ROLLERS' music, Cliff didn't say.

During the interview he mentioned SUGAR HILL, but he didn't say they were going to release it. I think they will, but it was in regards to a story he was telling about working on an MGM deal while he was at BCI.

Mike K
11-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, Seinfeld money = fuck you money

In other news, the AV Maniacs interview with Cliff MacMillan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1k4W5D5IY&feature=player_embedded) went up and he confirmed the following films (it was really noisy during the first half of the interview, so if I got any titles wrong, I'm sorry):
Exterminator 2
Rolling Thunder (Blu-ray only, pretty sure he said all the MGM MOD they got will be Blu-ray only)
Dark Angel
Cohen and Tate
Captain America
More Empire films
Tank Girl
Eve of Destruction
Unholy Rollers
6 Jackie Chan Movies
Big Boss
Fist of Fury
Way of the Dragon
Game of Death

I missed this when I watched the interview, but over at the Classic Horror Film Board, Jameson281 pointed out that Cliff said Shout will be releasing "a few Vincent Price movies."

Yup, it's true, Cliff did in fact say in the interview that a few Vincent Price movies will be coming. Based on our discussions on and off camera, he's really not kidding you guys about all of us getting second jobs. 2013 is going to be a hell of a year for Shout Factory releases in general.

Marshall Crist
11-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Haven't listen the interview yet, but...

Excuse my language but Holly fuck Unholy Rollers :woot:

Did he say with or without the original music?

Guess I'l have to buy some I didn't want to just to show my support :biggrin:

It seems like Cliff said something about having presented MGM with a list while he was at BCI, and MGM set about "clearing" the list, including music rights. Then BCI folded and the movies turned up at places like Netflix (streaming) and cable. So if recent broadcasts of ROLLERS had the original music, I would say we are in good shape.

Ian Jane
11-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I remember an issue a few years back when Cliff was at BCI and Rolling Thunder was mentioned as being something they'd gone after. I figured after it hit MOD that it wouldn't happen, but am glad to see Shout! hopefully rolling (ha!) out some red carpet for it. I've got the UK Blu-ray but love the movie enough to double dip if they do it up right.

Ian Jane
11-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Official Press Releases have been posted on the main page for Prison and Terrorvision/The Video Dead (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?2727-Full-Specs-Extras-For-Scream-Factory-Releases-The-Prison-Terrorvision-The-Video-Dead!) including final extras (of which there are a pretty nice selection.

Derrick King
11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Over at Blu-ray.com forums, Cliff confirmed that they will be doing a new transfer for The Fog, so I expect that they'll be doing a new one for The Howling. He also said that they picked up some other titles from Taurus Entertainment but not Sleepaway Camp.

Ian Jane
11-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Reversible cover!

Jimmy Simard
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Much better, I'll use that one.

Roderick
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Thank Zarathustra . The other side is CRAP. Fingers crossed they do the same with From Beyond.

Terry C
11-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Thank Zarathustra . The other side is CRAP. Fingers crossed they do the same with From Beyond.

I'm lukewarm about that one, but I'm pretty sure they'll give the reversible cover treatment. Though I'm just happy the cover is nowhere near as bad as the DVD release.

Ian Jane
11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I actually don't mind the illustrated From Beyond cover. I guess it looks a little too much like a comic book, but then, I like comic books so it doesn't bug me.

Making it reversible and including the one sheet image on the flipside is the way to go though.

Ian Jane
12-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Update!

"March Madness" takes on a whole new meaning when two horrifying and over-the-top cult gorefests unleash in the month. Don Coscarelli's PHANTASM II (on DVD & Blu-ray) streets 3/5/13 and Stuart Gordon's FROM BEYOND (on DVD & Blu-ray combo) lands on 3/26/13.

Detailed extras (of which there w
ill be plenty) and specs are still in development and will be announced at a later date.

Die-hard fans take note: Those who order PHANTASM II and/or FROM BEYOND from ScreamFactory.com will will receive an 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork from the respective title! These are exclusive pieces you won't find elsewhere. Only 500 PHANTASM II posters will be printed, 300 posters for FROM BEYOND, and are only available while supplies last.

Ian Jane
12-07-2012, 01:15 PM

Ian Jane
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Apronikoff
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
New art for Lifeforce:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312738_203007973169555_1370326657_n.jpg

Ian Jane
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
You beat me to it!

I dig it.

Jimmy Simard
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I guess people will complain at some other forums, but I like that one. Wonder wich one they will use for the reversal cover art as the original poster?

That great one
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-E8QllRObOCM/UMelV_RJZJI/AAAAAAAAA-s/s6L0lKPXIdM/s451/l_123505_0089489_2c21d839.jpg

or that boring one
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-dTjdMWa-bmE/UMelV1grxlI/AAAAAAAAA-w/Qm9WgmBiqkI/s451/l_123507_0089489_d88da05d.jpg

Apronikoff
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
That great one
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-E8QllRObOCM/UMelV_RJZJI/AAAAAAAAA-s/s6L0lKPXIdM/s451/l_123505_0089489_2c21d839.jpg

Oh man, that's awesome. I hadn't seen that one before.

Ian Jane
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
I think the boring one is more recognizable as it was more common, but you really can't beat a naked lady tied to a rocket ship thing.

In other Scream Factory news, Phantasm II has been pushed by to 3/26/13.

From their Facebook post:

"Sorry Tall Man fans but we had to move our Collector's Edition of PHANTASM II a few weeks back so that we can secure some fantastic extras that we know you'll appreciate the slight delay for. The new release date is 3/26/13."

Jimmy Simard
12-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Doesn't change the date I'll get it as I've pre-ordered Phantasm II with Futureworld who will be release the 26.

Ian Jane
01-04-2013, 04:58 PM
From their Facebook page:

The special effects "kitchen sink" extravaganza LIFEFORCE from Director Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Funhouse) and THE VAMPIRE LOVERS from Hammer Film Productions both unleash on April 30th! You can pre-order them now at ScreamFactoryDVD.com.

These two wild cult favorites debut for the first time on Blu-ray. LIFEFORCE will be presented as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ & DVD combo pack that boasts the rare original theatrical version of the film (available on the Blu-ray disc only) and its longer international cut, plus newly rendered retro-style artwork and a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art . THE VAMPIRE LOVERS will be available as a blu-ray only and features the original theatrical key art.

EXTRAS for LIFEFORCE:
- Both Theatrical & International Versions of the film (Theatrical cut available on the Blu-ray only.)
- New Commentary with Director Tobe Hooper
- New Retrospective with Cast & Crew including Star Steve Railsback, Tobe Hooper and others!
- Original vintage “Making-Of Lifeforce” Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Still Gallery
- And more to be announced!

EXTRAS for THE VAMPIRE LOVERS:
- Feature Length Commentary with Roy Ward Baker (Director), Tudor Gates (Writer) and Ingrid Pitt (Carmilla) moderated by Jonathan Sothcott.
- Excerpts from the novella Carmilla, that inspired the film, read by Ingrid Pitt
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- New Interview with Madeline Smith (Emma)
- New Interviews with Hammer Films Scholars
- Original Radio Spot

SPECIAL OFFER: Those who order LIFEFORCE from us directly ScreamFactoryDVD.com will receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork. Only 300 posters will be printed, so these are available while supplies last.

Ian Jane
01-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Andrew Monroe
01-14-2013, 03:32 PM
That cover blows. I know it will be reversable. How the hell could anyone think that looks good?

Horace Cordier
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
That cover blows. I know it will be reversable. How the hell could anyone think that looks good?

They should have just had Jason Alexander's floating head and a Seinfeld related quote on there.

Jimmy Simard
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
That cover blows. I know it will be reversable.
I'm sure happy they are... floating heads cover are just lazy works. But at least we know the film will look better than the cover does wich is the important thing. To be honest none of those new covers are that great to begin with, for me an original poster do the job but I guess they need the "in your face" cover to catch the younger crowd.

Horace Cordier
01-14-2013, 05:08 PM
As long as they are reversible I'll live.

I do like the new LIFEFORCE art though.

Robert W
01-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Great to see Lifeforce getting a bd release. It was always my favorite of the 80s big budget spfx flicks.

Derrick King
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Cliff posted the following on Facebook

Tonight we start the new HD transfer of THE FOG, supervised by the great cinematographer, Dean Cundey.

Apronikoff
01-16-2013, 10:06 PM
From Scream Factory on Facebook:

We can now officially report that THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN will be coming to DVD...and Blu-ray! We are actually creating a new HD transfer of the film as we type.

We thought you'd want the good news sooner than later. Stay tuned next month for release date info and other details.

Ian Jane
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
That makes me happy. It's about damn time!

Ian Jane
01-18-2013, 02:06 PM
**FINAL EXTRAS for FROM BEYOND**

We're happy to report that our DVD & Blu-ray combo Collector's Edition of FROM BEYOND (Out 3/26) is jam-packed with bonus content. If you love this film, you won't want to miss out on this release.

ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS:
- Audio Commentary with writer Denis Paoli
- MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS – A look at the film’s extensive Make-Up & Creature Effects with Special Effects Creators John Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin, and Mark Shostrom
- PAGING DR. MCMICHAELS – An interview with Actress Barbara Crampton
- A TORTURED SOUL – An interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs
- AN EMPIRE PRODUCTION – An interview with Executive Producer Charles Band

EXTRAS CARRIED OVER FROM THE MGM 2007 DVD RELEASE:
- Audio Commentary with director Stuart Gordon and the cast
- THE DIRECTOR’S PERSPECTIVE - interview with Stuart Gordon
- THE EDITING ROOM: LOST AND FOUND - Gordon Stuart and MGM restoration team interview
- Interview with composer Richard Band
- Storyboard to Film Comparisions with Introduction
- Two photo galleries

Ian Jane
01-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Final Extras for Phantasm II Blu-ray:

- Audio Commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Banister
- “The Ball is Back!” Documentary – featuring new interviews with writer/director Don Coscarelli, actors Reggie Banister, Angus Scrimm, Paula Irvine, Samantha Phillips and more!
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: Makeup Effects
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: On the Set
- “The Gory Days with Greg Nicotero” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes from archival film elements from Don Coscarelli’s archive
- Additional Scenes – alternate takes and deleted gore footage from the workprint
- Original TV Spots
- Trailers for Phantasm , Phantasm II & Phantasm III
- Still Galleries (Behind the Scenes , Makeup Effects , Hollywood Premiere )
- Rare short film starring Rory Guy (aka Angus Scrimm) as Abraham Lincoln

Order from us directly at ScreamFactoryDVD.com and get a limited 18" x 24" poster of our new key art while supplies last! Or pre-order from Amazon.com or other fine online retailers.

Ian Jane
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
A bunch o' screencaps from the Blu-ray release of The Nest in the DVD Beaver review (http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_58/the_nest_blu-ray.htm).

Not surprisingly this seems like a pretty significant improvement over the previous DVD release from New Concorde.

mmyersisgod
01-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Pretty stoked about The Nest. It will be nice to actually see everything going on.

Terry C
01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Any word on whats going on with Fear City? I know it was released for about a week, but soon after went pretty much OOP. I assume it's because they put out the cut version and many people were complaining. My hopes are they're going back and re-doing it.

Derrick King
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
FEAR CITY was a Shout Select title and it is only, and still, available at their website (http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/174716)

Andrew Monroe
01-30-2013, 05:01 PM
You can also get FEAR CITY from third party sellers at Amazon - I did a couple days ago. The blu has two versions of the film, uncut and the theatrical version. The uncut uses inserts from a lesser, darker source but overall it looked pretty nice to me. The film holds up very well - it'd been decades since I saw it.

Terry C
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
You can also get FEAR CITY from third party sellers at Amazon - I did a couple days ago. The blu has two versions of the film, uncut and the theatrical version. The uncut uses inserts from a lesser, darker source but overall it looked pretty nice to me. The film holds up very well - it'd been decades since I saw it.

You mean Shout! has an Uncut version also? This is very confusing to me because up to a year previous IFC was showing the uncut version and that looked great without looking darker in spots. I also wonder why they made this a website only release, as this would sell better than a few of those Corman titles. Are there even any special featured on this? Seems like they dropped the ball with this one...

Ian Jane
02-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Some updates...

Disfigured and hooded mad killers are on the loose! On May 21st, Scream Factory will unleash the gory summer camp slasher THE BURNING and the long sought-after THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN. Both movies debut for the first time on Blu-ray, with TOWN making its debut on DVD as well.

THE BURNING is created and produced by Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and features Fisher Stevens (The Cove) , Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) and Holly Hunter (The Piano) in early film roles plus amazing gore effects from Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead). It will be presented as a Collector’s Edition Blu-ray™ + DVD combo packed with extras (which are still in development but will carry over material that was on the prior MGM DVD release) and a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art. ***SPECIAL OFFER: Those who order The BURNING from us at ScreamFactoryDVD.com directly will receive the exclusive 18”x 24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork created by Nathan Thomas Milliner. Only 300 posters will be printed, so these are only available while supplies last.****

The highly requested THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN stars Oscar-Winner Ben Johnson and Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) and will be presented in Blu-ray + DVD combo with a new HD transfer of the film and extras (still in development and will be announced at a later date). The DVD will contain a rare bonus feature-length movie, THE EVICTORS (from 1979) that is also from the same Director as TOWN and has never been on DVD before.

Jimmy Simard
02-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Happy to see they'll make The Evictors a bonus feature and not a second features. I know I complaint a lot with that, but we got a real cover and we don't get a cheap budget look-a-like release.

Before jumping on me take Notice that I wrote look-a-like not cheap looking, as I say often it's a matter of perception (budget multi features equals cheap set and cheapen the value of a release in my book, strange for some people but for me it's a fact).

Toyboy
02-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Ah, I think it's pretty snazzy. Has an 80's big box feel.

Todd Jordan
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
I dig it too, Toyboy. I like the extra effort in commissioning painted artwork. I'd rather have the original poster as the cover, but that art looks pretty cool.

Derrick King
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Crimewave - 5/14/13 (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=214221)!

Andrew Monroe
02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Watched THE NEST, that's one that I never caught up with back in the video days. It's pretty fun with some JAWS and PIRANHA influences popping up and plenty of gore though I wish it had been a little less jokey at times. The mutated monsters that show up near the end were cool.

Ian Jane
02-20-2013, 01:42 PM
We watched The Video Dead/TerrorVision double feature last night. Had never seen TerrorVision before. What a dopey movie. Awesome monster though. Video Dead looked pretty good for what it is. Happy to have these on Blu.

And now... this! Reversible cover art for The Burning.

Jimmy Simard
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
And now... this! Reversible cover art for The Burning.
Much better! As I did with Prison I'll use the reversible cover on this one.

Ian Jane
02-26-2013, 03:53 PM
From their FB page:

**LIFEFORCE - RELEASE DATE NOW 6/18/13**

We're sorry to report that there's a slight delay for the release of the DVD & Blu-ray combo Collector's Edition of LIFEFORCE. The original street date was 4/30 and it will now be 6/18.

Some unforeseen production challenges required us to need more time than originally planned in order to create the kind of worthy bonus content you've come to expect on our Collector's Editions. We did not want to compromise our standards on this (much-loved) film and so we hope that you understand why we needed to move it. We're confident the end-result will be worth the wait.

Ian Jane
02-27-2013, 03:00 PM
More details to follow, but this was just posted...

Jimmy Simard
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
I think it's the first time I can't say if I like a new cover or not...

Ian Jane
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Extras announced for The Howling:

THE HOWLING COLLECTOR’S EDITION Special Features:
***Special Note – Preliminary confirmed bonus content. Much more are currently in development. A final list will be announced at a later date.
· Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
· Unleashing the Beast: The Making Of The Howling Multi-part Documentary
· Deleted Scenes And Outtakes
· Making Of A Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
· Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Locations
· Photo Gallery
· Theatrical Trailers

Todd Jordan
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Is any of that new? ANd where's the Bottin documentary? Come on! And I do not like that cover, mainly cuz of Dee Wallace holding a gun.

Ian Jane
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Extras for The Burning:

- Audio Commentary with Director Tony Maylam and International Film Journalist Alan Jones
- Audio Commentary with stars Shelley Bruce and Bonnie Deroski
- Blood ‘n’ Fire Memories – A detailed look at the creation of the film’s make-up effects with Special Effects Artist Tom Savini
- Slash & Cut – An interview with editor Jack Sholder
- Cropsy Speaks – An interview with actor Lou David
- Summer Camp Nightmare – An interview with actress Leah Ayres
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Theatrical Trailer
- Make-Up Effects Still Gallery
- Poster & Still Gallery

Ian Jane
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
From Facebook:

We're proud to announce our final list of extras for the 1976 drive-in classic THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN--which releases on DVD & Blu-ray (both for the first time) on May 21st.

- Audio Commentary with Justin Beaham and Historian Jim Presley
- Small Town Lawman – An Interview with actor Andrew Prine
- Survivor Stories – An Interview with actress Dawn Wells
- Eye of the Beholder – An Interview with Director of Photography James Roberson
- Theatrical Trailer
- Essay by writer Brian Albright
- Poster & Still Gallery
- BONUS FILM (on the DVD only): The Evictors (1979 - from the same Director and starring Jessica Harper and Vic Morrow)

Jimmy Simard
03-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Nice :up:
I didn't expect a lot of extras materials for this one, I was sure wrong. Can't wait to reach the end of may to get my pre-order.

Ian Jane
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
They also posted this rough release schedule....

Although we don't have official street dates yet to tell you, we thought we'd at least give you an idea as to when in the year you can expect to see some of the films we previously announced that we know you've been dying for! :-)

No other details (meaning configurations, extras, etc.) to report and keep in mind, that all are subject to change.

The Fog - Summer
The Incredible Melting Man - Summer
Hospital Massacre - Late Summer
Day of the Dead - Fall
Scanners II & III - Fall
Night of the Comet - Late Fall
The Horror Show - Late Fall
The Vagrant - Late Fall
Schizoid - Late Fall
The Godsend - Late Fall

Jimmy Simard
03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
I know it isn't part of the scream line, but an update from Shout! about The Unholy Rollers would be nice. Even without the original soundtrack I can't wait to get it.

Ian Jane
03-15-2013, 08:52 AM

Ryan Clark
03-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I didn't really like that movie so I won't be buying it, but that cover art is fucking awesome. Makes me wish I liked the movie more.

Next to Redemption/Kino, Scream (Shout) Factory is shaping up to be one of the best Blu-ray companies ever! I recently picked up Deadly Blessing on Blu-ray and was very happy with it. It's one of Craven's best (and most underrated) films and the transfer and extras are really nice. I'm looking forward to buying The Burning, The Howling, Hospital Massacre, Night of the Comet, and The Fog when they come out. I may also get The Town That Dreaded Sundown, but I'm not sure because the movie isn't that great. I do know that I am staying far, far away from Schizoid. What a mess.

Ian Jane
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Just announced....

***EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT! "SWAMP THING" RISES AT SCREAM FACTORY!***

Surprise! Wes Craven's 1982 Cult Comic Book Classic SWAMP THING (starring horror fan favorite Adrienne Barbeau) will be arriving this summer on Blu-ray for the first time!

As always, we are planning to provide as many bells and whistles as we can on this release, but we felt it was important to tell you early on that we will only be able to present the 91 minute U.S. cut of the film (the same version MGM has released on DVD since '05) and not the 93 minute "unrated" international version as we had originally hoped for. This is due to legal issues that are out of our control and we hope you understand.

Stay tuned for more specific details – including exact street date - that will be revealed in the next 2-3 months!

Derrick King
03-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Shame we don't get the extra nudity, but I really want to see that awful Swamp Thing suit in HD.

bgart13
03-20-2013, 12:26 AM
And also a shame David Hess isn't around anymore to participate in extras.

Derrick King
03-20-2013, 03:22 AM
True. Hopefully they can find an old interview with Hess talking about the film.

Terry C
03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd be interested in hearing what that legal issue is all about...You don't think the Barbeau is holding back, do you?