PDA

View Full Version : Image Entertainment - Horror Collection Extravaganza 6 Film Set

Ian Jane
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
This is an interesting release. Amazon has it up for preorder (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088749L8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=cognitrespon-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0088749L8) right now for $9.98, coming 9/4/12.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/910VrZijQlL._AA1500_.jpg

OK, so that cover sucks BUT, here's what is inside from Image's website (http://www.watchimage.com/product/horror-collection-extravaganza-6-terrifying-movies/4f725c7c-6682-e111-8664-020045490004):
Synopsis: SIX TERRIFYING FILMS THAT COMBINE HORROR, SCI-FI, SUSPENSE AND FANTASY featuring Rock Hudson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Eric Stoltz, Diane Ladd, Roddy McDowell, Deborah Harry and much more!

CREATED TO KILL (1976, Rated PG, 104 Minutes): Dr. Paul Holliston (Rock Hudson, Giant) discovers a method to accelerate a fetus into a mature adult (Barbara Carrera, Never Say Never Again) in just a few days, but the consequences of interfering with nature prove to be deadly. Also stars Diane Ladd (Chinatown) and Roddy McDowall (Planet of the Apes).

ENCORE (1978, Rated R, 100 Minutes): Singer-Songwriter Nick Cooper (Grammy winner Jack Jones) holes up in an old estate to write, but is haunted by the ghost of his brutally murdered wife (Holly Palance). Is she trying to warn him about another guest in the estate? Also stars David Doyle (Bosley on Charlie's Angels).

INTIMATE STRANGER (1991, Rated R, 96 Minutes): Blondie's Deborah Harry (Videodrome) stars in this psycho thriller as a struggling bar singer that moonlights as a phone sex operator to make ends meet. One night she comes across a caller that takes a disturbing liking to her and threatens to kill her. What follows is a deadly cat and mouse chase that has her fighting for her life to catch the killer before he catches her. James Russo (Donnie Brasco) and Tim Thomerson (Trancers) co-star in this riveting thriller that also treats "Blondie" fans to a couple of performances!

NIGHT OF THE DEMON (1980, Rated R, 92 Minutes): A professor and his students embark on a journey into the forest to find proof of a deadly beast believed to be responsible for countless deaths, but what they find is more sinister and unnatural than they ever expected.

THE HOOKER CULT MURDERS (1973, Rated R, 108 Minutes): Academy Award winner Christopher Plummer (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Karen Black (Five Easy Pieces, Trilogy of Terror) star in this horror mystery about a detective investigating the mysterious death of a prostitute who fell to her death from the roof of a high-rise. What he uncovers is far more sinister than a simple accident or suicide.

SISTER, SISTER (1987, Rated R, 90 Minutes): Directed by Academy Award winner Bill Condon (Gods and Monsters) and starring Jennifer Jason Leigh (Single White Female) and Eric Stoltz (Killing Zoe). Two repressed sisters (Leigh and Judith Ivey) with a dark past live a quiet life in the deep south running a Bed & Breakfast until a handsome stranger (Stoltz) arrives and begins to slowly unravel their shocking secrets.
Language: English
Country of Origin: United States of America, Canada (English), United Kingdom
Production Year: 1991

And specs:

Run Time: 590
Color Format: Color
Audio: Dolby Digital Mono
Language: English
16:9: No
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of Discs: 2
Closed Captions: No

So Night of the Demon is in this? And The Pyx (as The Hooker Cult Murders)? Interesting....

Jimmy Simard
06-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Weird as the american DVD rights for those films belongs to Bill for one title and Walter for the other one. Probably that will never be release if I'm correct since Image will certainly get a cease and desist order...

Guess we will get some clarification on this as Walter post here and Bill post at Laternia...

Ian Jane
06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah I'm curious to see how this pans out. Also be interesting to see, if this does come out, if Night of the Demon is widescreen and taken from a different source or not.

Jimmy Simard
06-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Bill just let us know at Laternia that VCX knows this and they are far for being happy about this release. Of course, VCX is the owner of Night of the Demon and as we know those company don't laugh with copyright infringment.

bgart13
06-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I let Bill know a couple nights ago when I stumbled across it at Image's site. I also let Redemption know about Pete Walker's THE COMEBACK. Both have sent cease & desists to Image...

Jimmy Simard
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Good job Ben :up:

Ian Jane
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
This'll probably wind up getting pulled then. Odd that Image woudl be bootlegging stuff like this. Maybe there's some sort of shifty rights thing going on?

Ian Jane
09-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Boulevard Movies has this in stock. No idea as to the quality of the transfers or the legitimacy of the release, but it is out.

Mark C.
09-08-2012, 05:06 PM
Quality is all over the place, from really good to really bad. The quality for NIGHT OF THE DEMON is really bad, and its not the same print used for the Code Red release. For the price its worth it I guess I mostly bought it for Intimate Stranger, really good 1:78 anamorphic print :eyebrows:
Its a two disc set with 3 films on each disc.

Richard--W
09-08-2012, 06:32 PM
How's the quality of CREATED TO KILL -- better known as EMBRYO (1976) ?

That never got a good quality transfer, that I know of.

Mark C.
09-12-2012, 11:51 PM
How's the quality of CREATED TO KILL -- better known as EMBRYO (1976) ?

That never got a good quality transfer, that I know of.
Unfortunately its really bad, perhaps the worst out of the six.