PDA

View Full Version : Troma Releasing Where Evil Lives

Ian Jane
06-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Cover art!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519x7mBzKbL.jpg

Release date is 9/11/12.

If I remember correctly this was initially announced for a May 2012 release but evidently it's been pushed back.

Here's the Troma link: http://www.troma.com/films/where-evil-lives/

sukebanboy
06-14-2012, 10:11 AM
That cover says "one of the greatest horror films of the 80's".....but IMDB lists it as being made in 1991!!!!!!

Barry M
06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Elevens of eighties.

sukebanboy
06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
ALSO love how it says "one of the greatest horror films of the 80's".....but with no mention of WHO actually said it was!!!

Alex K.
06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Never heard of this flick. I check IMDB and there is absolutely nothing there other than a cast listing. I check Cinemageddon hoping to find some screen caps, find a brief review, etc. And there's nothing on Cinemageddon. I check google for any kind of review and there's nothing.

So this film is probably so bad it never saw the light of day and one day Lloyd was dumpster diving and somehow found a copy.

Dom D
06-18-2012, 08:26 PM
And it's got 3 directors. How can that not be a good sign?

Actually the more I look at the cover the wackier it gets. "Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Hertz present a Troma Team release". ie the guys who actually own Troma present a film made by Troma. Who'da thunk it?

Ian Jane
06-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Was it made by Troma though? I'm not so sure. I think it might have been a pick up.

Alex K.
06-20-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm guessing it was a pick up. That or the legalities for ownership are in doubt and Troma snagged it for nothing.

Jimmy Simard
06-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Last thing I've seen released by Troma directed by 3 guys was The Nightmare Never Ends... funny thing is that some part of this are well done, but the large majority of this film look awfull. Of course that doesn't means the results will be the same, but....

"Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Hertz present a Troma Team release". ie the guys who actually own Troma present a film made by Troma. Who'da thunk it?
Same thing is written on the cover of Zombiegeddon, Igor and The Lunatics, Maniac Nurses Find Ecstasy, Troma's War and Nightbeast FWIW.

Troma's War is certainly a Troma production, but I don't think the rest are...

Jimmy Simard
06-20-2012, 02:46 AM
It's an unrelease DTV trilogy made in 1992 called Trilogy of Fear. It looks cheap but almost enjoyable enough for a blind buy if the price is less than 20$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVutDzc0ML4

Jimmy Simard
06-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Pre-ordered it this morning as it was listed at 10.49$ at Amazon Canada, strangely it cost more at the US one... For that price it worth a try.

sukebanboy
06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
For that price it worth a try.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!!!:funny:

Jimmy Simard
06-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Will see in october :funny:

Ian Jane
09-11-2012, 08:59 AM

Well, watched it last night. As it turns out, it's an anthology film. Troma doesn't really make that, or much else, clear in the marketing materials. Basically a yuppie-ish guy is going to buy a fancy but rundown old house. As he goes to look around, he meets the groundskeeper (Claude Akins) who tells him about the history of the place. As he does, we witness a story about a serial killer named Hubert Whitehead who drives a vintage Thunderbird, a story about a sexy vampire in black lingerie complete with Penthouse Letters style narration, and a story about a witch cop who helps catch a hitman and stop a mad doctor.

It features Coors product placement, bad gore, inappropriate nudity, horrible Amiga Toaster style video effects and a bad score. I kind of liked it.

In Lloyd Kaufman's introduction he states it was made in 1989 but the copyright date on the end of the movie says otherwise. Maybe it was shot in 1989 and not finished until a few years later?

Jimmy Simard
09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I expect to have mine ship soon as it is supposed to be release today... of course as usual our Amazon list it as temporarily out of stock.

As it turns out, it's an anthology film. Troma doesn't really make that, or much else, clear in the marketing materials.
But it was in the trailer I did post back in june under the Trilogy of Fear title.

Ian Jane
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
But it was in the trailer I did post back in june under the Trilogy of Fear title.

I completely missed that post. My bad. Lemme know what you think of it once your copy arrives.

Ian Jane
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Troma didn't really release much in the way of useful info about this movie before hand but there's a cool article on the movie and it's history here (http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/oct/26/ginny-beagan-local-horror-movie-comes-alive-with/).

Todd Jordan
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Hey...campy is back. Saw it in the news.