PDA

View Full Version : Lamb Of God Vocalist Randy Blythe Charged With Manslaughter!

Ian Jane
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm a casual fan at best but... holy shit!

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/06/lamb_of_gods_ra.html

The singer for Lamb of God, the world-famous, Richmond-based heavy metal band, was arrested this week in Prague in the Czech Republic and charged in connection with the death of a fan two years ago.
Randy Blythe, 41, was arrested when Lamb of God went to Prague for their show Thursday night at the Rock Café. He's charged with manslaughter for the fatal injury that occurred at their show May 24, 2010 at another venue in Prague, according to Czech news report.
Reportedly, Blythe struck or fought with the fan who had come on stage, and that person later died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPYnhG5kBs

Andrew Monroe
06-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Two years ago! I wonder if he had any idea he'd better stay out of that country? Probably not. I'm not a fan but did just see the Metal Evolution episode he was on in a rerun this week.

Ian Jane
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I can see why, if there was a nutty fan on stage, Blythe might have hit the guy to get him out of the way. Metal shows can and do get nuts in that regard. I'm sure he didn't kill him on purpose, it was probably just a sad, messed up accident. But still - crazy!

Oderus Urungus of Gwar just stated on Twitter that he's going to fly to the Czech Republic and bust him out. So there's that too.

Todd Jordan
06-29-2012, 02:17 PM
The fact that Gwar Twatters is so non-metal it hurts.

Mark Tolch
06-29-2012, 02:49 PM
And now Buddha, vocalist for Boston's Blood For Blood (who I like a lot) is rumoured to have forced himself on a 13 year-old...

http://lambgoat.com/news/18597/Blood-For-Blood--ugly-rumors-follow-cancellations

Bad week for singers.

Tom K
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Good on Blythe...let him rot for all I care...lol

Not a fan of this band at all...they are one of the bands (in my opinion of course) that helped ruin the metal scene...

I don't think it was a fan either...it was someone from one of the opening bands that night...supposedly was clean too...

Ian Jane
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Loudwire translated an interview from a Czech news soure with Blythe conducted from the jail he's being held in here (http://loudwire.com/lamb-of-god-randy-blythe-speaks-out-in-first-jailhouse-interview/).

Andrew Monroe
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
“If I go back to the U.S., I will mow the lawn,"

Words to live by.

Robert W
07-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Sounds like the making for an all prison metal band.

sukebanboy
07-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Some people are saying hte incident in question was captured on video...

Surely that will be enough to prove his innocence/guilt?

Tom K
07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
So they say...There is heavy bias on this, at least what I read because most of my online friends are metal fans...so I see all these petitions and whatnot pro Blythe...

At any rate, the guy is violent...our old drummer was a fan of theirs and had their DVDs...on one of them, there was a pretty lengthy segment filmed in which Blythe and the guitarist got in a major fist fight on the bus. I guess you can says "boys wil be boys" but I have never got in a fist fight with any of my band members in the past or present...so there is documentation about the guys behavior...

When you go to other countries, it is just best not to fuck around.

Ian Jane
07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
So understandably as Blythe is still locked up, the Lamb Of God/Dethklok tour is cancelled.

Press release!

Due to the continued incarceration of LAMB OF GOD singer Randy Blythe in the Czech Republic, the band’s co-headline tour with Dethklok scheduled to begin August 1st in Seattle is being cancelled. The band regrets the decision but the uncertainty of Randy’s release makes it impossible to carry on with the tour. Upon Randy’s release, it is the band’s intention to rebook a tour in the fall and at this time the band fully intends to participate in the Mayhem Cruise in December.

LAMB OF GOD wishes to thank Dethklok, Adult Swim and Gojira for their support and patience as well as all of the promoters who had dates on the tour. Last but certainly not least, the band thanks all of the fans who bought tickets for the tour and who have been supportive of Randy and the band over the last month that Randy has been held in Prague. Without the fans, there is no LAMB OF GOD.

sukebanboy
07-26-2012, 11:48 AM
No surprise there then.....:cool:

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 04:12 PM
So Blythe says (http://dyingscene.com/news/lamb-of-god-vocalist-randy-blythe-issues-a-statement-on-his-arrest/) he'll go to court over this if he needs to and will not hide out from prosecution in the states:

"While in prison, I had minimal knowledge of how my case was viewed anywhere but the Czech Republic. I was told by my attorney that I had a lot support from peers in the music industry, my hometown, fans, and of course my family … I would like state that I suffered no abuse, from either authorities or inmates, during my incarceration in Pankrác. I received no special treatment, and was in general population with everyone else- make no mistake, it was prison, not some celebrity rehab tv show … If it is deemed necessary for me to do so, I WILL return to Prague to stand trial. While I maintain my innocence 100%, and will do so steadfastly, I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution."

sukebanboy
08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution."

Cue lots of hiding in the United States (or maybe other country) safe from extradition and possible prosecution!

Tom K
08-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Good for him, and I don't mean that sarcastically...Nice to see someone owning up in this entitlement era...

Ian Jane
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
So Randy Blythe has been indicted.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3206190/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-indicted-on-manslaughter-chargers-management-issues-official-statement/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The official statement from LOG's manager:

“After a three month investigation, the prosecutor in the Czech Republic has decided to move forward with an indictment of Randy Blythe on the charge of manslaughter with intent to cause bodily harm. Obviously, we intend to fight vigorously against these charges as we feel that in no way did Randy intend to cause bodily harm on the young fan who subsequently died from injuries sustained at the show. As he has stated previously, Randy intends to go to Prague to defend himself at trial.

“While it is a tragedy that a Lamb of God fan died following a performance by the group, in no way do I feel that Randy did anything improper that led to the young man’s injuries and subsequent death. The price of a ticket to a show does not entitle audience members access to a band’s stage. In the years since the murder on stage of Dimebag Darrell Abbott, performers of all genres have had to become more guarded while performing in response to the dangers presented by fans trying to become part of the performance. We believe that Randy responded professionally to the numerous amount of fans rushing the stage that day, a number of them captured on videos that have been posted on the internet. We have testimony from the venue operator that acknowledges lax security and an improper barricade being used that evening. Numerous testimonies from fans also were contradictory as to the actions of the multiple fans that tried to access the stage.

“At this point, all that the band, myself, and our lawyers can do is to present a defense and try to convince the panel of judges who will hear the case that Randy is innocent of all charges and that his name and reputation need to be cleared and that he be permitted to carry on with his life and career always mindful that a fan passed away after a Lamb of God performance.”

Ian Jane
03-05-2013, 12:24 PM
So it seems that Blythe was acquitted of the manslaughter charges.

http://www.punknews.org/article/50826/lamb-of-god-vocalist-randy-blythe-acquitted-of-manslaughter

Tom K
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Yep...and it is split down the middle...Mainstream metal fans rejoice while underground metal fans complain that justice was not served...so says those on FB anyway...:cool:

I'm impartial on the matter. Lots of stuff can happen at shows. It was unfortunate what did happen to that fan though. And Blythe did man up throughout this ordeal.

Horace Cordier
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Can't stand LOG musically but what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Blythe seemed to be getting railroaded when this thing started. I don't think he deserved any prison time. This case stunk to high heaven.

Roderick
03-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Mark Tolch
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Hahaha, go Oderus.

sukebanboy
03-11-2013, 10:39 AM
A message of support is a message of support....whatever the wording!:biggrin:

sukebanboy
02-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Documentry following the band before and after this event is due to be released soon..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB6k-Ev_H7c

They even made it to YAHOO news.....as he managed to escape conviction...
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/see-it-first--lamb-of-god-frontman-previews-bleak-new-documentary--discusses-painful-manslaughter-trial-175713350.html