PDA

View Full Version : Turkish PARANORMAL ACTIVITY...

sukebanboy
07-08-2012, 11:45 AM
or
Dabbe Bir Cin Vakası FRAGMAN 3 AĞUSTOS'TA SİNEMALARDA

as it is known in Turkey....

Sequel to the Turkish horror movie D@bbe
( i didnt see it....anyone here any thoughts on it??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxreeBPQ6Zk&feature=player_embedded#!

First one was supposedly JAPANESE style horror....This one more PARANORMAL ACTIVITY....

Ian Jane
07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
First one was supposedly JAPANESE style horror....This one more PARANORMAL ACTIVITY....

Looks like a pretty blatant rip off of Paranormal Activity with maybe a bit more going on effects wise? I'd watch this.

sukebanboy
07-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Looks like a pretty blatant rip off of Paranormal Activity with maybe a bit more going on effects wise? I'd watch this.

yeah...there is also a JAPANESE rip off of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY going around too...I presume if you like the ORIGINAL movie you might enjoy the same story with a bit more action/ events....

Ian Jane
07-09-2012, 10:36 AM
It's not the effects that interest me so much as the oddball cultural differences that pop up in movies like this.

sukebanboy
07-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Haha...I know what you mean....Its when they take the original story (haunted house in this case) and put their own superstitions / beliefs/ logic/ culture into them....

Ian Jane
07-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Exactly. I find stuff like that can be pretty interesting sometimes.

sukebanboy
07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
They certainly show Hollywood up for its blatant lack of ideas or originality!!!

Ian Jane
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
They certainly show Hollywood up for its blatant lack of ideas or originality!!!

And at the same time, they completely rip them off. It's an interesting circle.

sukebanboy
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM

I presume they dont count it as "ripping off" if you add enough homegrown mythology/culture/humour etc to it all LOL!!!

Ian Jane
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
I presume they dont count it as "ripping off" if you add enough homegrown mythology/culture/humour etc to it all LOL!!!

I think it's rather that they just don't care. The Turks have been doing this for decades, and God bless'em for it.

Jack J
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
yeah...there is also a JAPANESE rip off of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY going around too...I presume if you like the ORIGINAL movie you might enjoy the same story with a bit more action/ events....

It's not a rip off but an official Japanese sequel to the American film. The title is "Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night" and it's on English friendly dvd in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_Activity_2:_Tokyo_Night

Jack J
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM

The irony is when it happens the other way round: When Hollywood rips off the rest of the world they make it LESS!! They tone everything down in order to please everyone and thus sell more tickets. The Italians, Turks, the Hongkongese, etc. had a way of saying, "Hey, we don't have as much money to throw into this as the American so let's fill it with 10 times as much cheap gore and action".

sukebanboy
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The irony is when it happens the other way round: When Hollywood rips off the rest of the world they make it LESS!! They tone everything down in order to please everyone and thus sell more tickets. The Italians, Turks, the Hongkongese, etc. had a way of saying, "Hey, we don't have as much money to throw into this as the American so let's fill it with 10 times as much cheap gore and action".

Yep..the smaller countries throw EVERYTHING into the movie regardless of their smaller budgets....which is why they are so entertaining....