PDA

View Full Version : FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot (of the reboot)

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:01 AM
WHY do they keep trying with the FF...how many times do they need to mess it up and make it boring???

Hated the ones so far...can this one be better?

CHRONICLE's Josh Trank is officially announced as helming Fox's reboot of FANTASTIC FOUR!!!

They wil;lbe rebooting shit that hasnt even come out yet if they keep doing this!!!

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
I haven't actually seen the earlier movies and don't know that I need to. My odd obsession with The Silver Surfer has made me almost pull the trigger on the Blu-ray's a few times now, but something in my gut tells me 'NO!' and I chicken out.

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I haven't actually seen the earlier movies and don't know that I need to. My odd obsession with The Silver Surfer has made me almost pull the trigger on the Blu-ray's a few times now, but something in my gut tells me 'NO!' and I chicken out.

You are a wise man Mr Jane...I sat through them on a couple of flights I took at the time....Flew with a crap airline BOTH times so had no choice of moive...How unlucky can you get!!!

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 10:23 AM
The problem is that I remain curious about them, even though I'm fairly certain I'll not like them.

They pop up on TV now and then, maybe I should just check them out for free next time that happens. I DO want to know what they did with the Surfer...

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I think their biggest crime was that they were just BORING....

At the time MARVEL hadnt really worked out how to make these comic books into entertaining movies....

Maybe now (post IRON MAN etc) they willhave a better go....but I think there are FAR more characters they could be making movies out of instead of the same old ones (spidey...superman....FF)

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Maybe now (post IRON MAN etc) they willhave a better go....but I think there are FAR more characters they could be making movies out of instead of the same old ones (spidey...superman....FF)

This is a valid point. They have a MASSIVE library of characters to pull from and seem to stick to the big guys for the most part. I understand that they have the biggest fan base and pretty much guarantee a return on their investment but I'd love to see some more interesting stuff happen:

Werewolf By Night
Tomb of Dracula
Son Of Satan
Devil Dinosaur
The Eternals
Deathlok
The Inhumans
Black Panther

I guess I have a thing for 70s Marvel, Kirby too.

It's a shame Ghost Rider wasn't better. Didn't see the second film.

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see something simple even...like POWER MAN AND IRON FIST...dont have to be a big budget 250 million dollars plus movie....

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Wasn't there an Iron Fist movie talked about with Ray Park involved at one point?

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
How about RAY PARK (or Scott Adkins) and MICHAEL JAI WHITE...I would even go and PAY to see THAT movie in the theater!!!

Ian Jane
07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
MJW would be a great choice.

sukebanboy
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
MJW would be a great choice.

Me too...the ONLY guy I can see playing him at the moment....

Makes me wonder why he doesnt get more A-list work..He's a solid fighter and decent actor..RARE combination...:funny:

Randy G
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
They pop up on TV now and then, maybe I should just check them out for free next time that happens. I DO want to know what they did with the Surfer...

The Silver Surfer is the best thing in the second film and there is one scene with the Silver Surfer and Human Torch that captures the sense of psychedelic awe I think the comic was all about but the rest is all oddly flat. They need a more talented director to tackle the material.

Alex K.
07-14-2012, 07:52 PM
I kinda' liked the Corman picture for it's cheese value but I really just don't like the Fantastic Four. They just come off as smug and unlikable douche bags except for The Thing.

Todd Jordan
07-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I'd love something like THIS...

The Silly Swede
07-15-2012, 04:45 AM
Why do they keep re-doing the same movies all over again? Is everyone to fucking high on cocaine over there to realize that they are just doing the exact thing over and over?

BAH!

Ian Jane
07-16-2012, 10:04 AM
The writer and director are announced here (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fantastic-four/22023/writer-found-for-fantastic-four-reboot). Jeremy Slater's writing, Josh Trank is directing.

I still don't really care.

Newt Cox
07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
The problem is that I remain curious about them, even though I'm fairly certain I'll not like them.

Avoid them. Both of the newer FF movies are horrible. The Corman produced FF film was much better.

Zane C.
07-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Why do they keep re-doing the same movies all over again? Is everyone to fucking high on cocaine over there to realize that they are just doing the exact thing over and over?

BAH!

Swedish Joe, thanks for bringing this into focus! This pretty much summarizes how I feel about this remake-fest as well.