07-23-2012, 09:13 AM
So the first trailer for this popped up the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

Some interesting names attached to this one:

Release Date: June 14, 2013
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Zack Snyder
Screenwriter: David S. Goyer
Starring: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Russell Crowe

Plot synopsis as per Yahoo! Movies:

Henry Cavill plays Superman in director Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel." The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy

Barry M
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Was it Christopher Nolan's idea that Superman should grow a beard and run away from it all in order to find his super self?

Ian Jane
07-23-2012, 09:39 AM
Probably. That scene where he's walking down that lonely road with his bag over his shoulder reminded me of First Blood.

Superman: First Blood

I'd watch that.

Roderick
07-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Superman: First Blood

That would give Hollywood a second chance at getting the sequel name right:

Superman: Second Blood: First Blood Part II

Barry M
07-23-2012, 11:21 AM
How does Supes shave? Eyebeams bouncing off the shaving mirror?

Roderick
07-23-2012, 11:30 AM
How does Supes shave? Eyebeams bouncing off the shaving mirror?

Giving himself a Brazilian is a REAL bitch.

Barry M
07-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Unsightly kryptonite bump rash. Ick.

Ian Jane
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Nolando
12-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Ugh - another crapfest from Snyder. With the most boring superhero possible.

And John Rambo WAS Superman in First Blood.

Jason C
12-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I swore off superhero movies after WOLVERINE ORIGINS (had a brief relapse with X-MEN FIRST CLASS). Since then (2009), about 75 superhero movies have been made. Judging by the trailers they all look like the same film.

The Silly Swede
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I think I'm gonna skip this one as well. I would like these new comic book movies more if they had some humour in them. But it seems like hollywood movies of today are all very straight and humourless.

Terry C
12-12-2012, 05:20 PM
To be honest, I don't like Superman, but I think this looks pretty good.

Jason C
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
The only Superman I know is Christopher Reeve and the 70's SUPERFRIENDS cartoon. So I like him as the ridculously overpowered goody-goody. I really dislike the idea of a dark and brooding Superman. The only movie I'd be interested in seeing him in would be some kind of parody or comedy.

Or even better would be a kid friendly superhero movie I could actually let my pre-school aged children watch. But that will never happen. Its all gotta be full of gunplay and angst.

sukebanboy
12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Never really thought Superman was very interesting until the REEVES movies came along...He played the character PERFECTLY and part 1 through 3 all tackled a different story line fantastically well (though part 2 went through some stuff so not as good as it could have been!!)..part FOUR was even cheap, goofy fun!!!

The problem with Superman is he is just too BORING....He is virtually unbeatable and too goody-too-shoes....Reeves undermined all this with a great performance...

To do SUPERMAN super serious will take him back to the boring "I am unbeatable" style ...not exciting at all.....Superman needs humour in it...

Richard--W
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Please, no more origin stories for Superman. I'm tired of variations on his origins.

Every film reboot and sequel and TV series has to rework his origins.

Enough origins, already.

Next time just start in the middle and let the origins be inferred background and assumed knowledge.

We're smart. We'll get it. And it's not like we haven't seen Superman movies before.

Right?

paul h.
12-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I think it would have been a lot more interesting to cast Michael Shannon as Superman/Kent. :)

I wonder if he's ready yet for the starring role in the big budget remake of EEGAH?

paul h.
12-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Please, no more origin stories for Superman. I'm tired of variations on his origins.

Every film reboot and sequel and TV series has to rework his origins.

Enough origins, already.

Next time just start in the middle and let the origins be inferred background and assumed knowledge.

We're smart. We'll get it. And it's not like we haven't seen Superman movies before.

Right?

Man, I was just thinking the same thing. Sick of origins and the same characters in every reboot. Try something new, and don't over-explain everything. Pretend like you're reading a comic book and you don't have the previous issue.

Gary Banks
12-12-2012, 10:18 PM
I'll skip this one too. I'd much rather see BRAINIAC as a villain than Zod or Luthor.

Randy G
12-13-2012, 04:07 AM
The thing for comic books though is that the origin story is the strongest part of the original comics so that's why they keep returning to it. Donner's original Superman movie is best during the origin story I think.

As for this it certainly does seem to be taking it self rather seriously, but look at the Avengers and Iron Man, they both had strong elements of humour in them, even the Captain America movie did.

sukebanboy
12-13-2012, 05:37 AM
As for this it certainly does seem to be taking it self rather seriously, but look at the Avengers and Iron Man, they both had strong elements of humour in them, even the Captain America movie did.

Going the DARK KNIGHT route.....which is a mistake because I am not sure Superman was ever supposed to be taken VERY seriously.....Like I said, REEVES nailed it and those 3 films will be hard to top....

Robin Bougie
12-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Do you guys think this retelling of the origin story will be superior to the next two SUPERMAN reboots they do in which they will also tell the origin story each time?

It's a sarcastic question. I don't want an answer.

The Silly Swede
12-13-2012, 06:44 AM
I agree. Origin was never something they bothered with as much before. Superheros just were, or it was handled in like 5 minutes like in the 1989 Batman.

sukebanboy
12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
handled in like 5 minutes like in the 1989 Batman.

Didn't the original Superman get his origin story right in a short time?....They had him growing up and everything AND THEN also had a decent story.....

ORIGIN stories are the easy way out......WIth the comic books there are SO many different stories they could choose, so unless it's bloody "Super Mole Men From Venus" or something obscure STOP DOING THE ORIGIN STORIES THAT EVERYONE KNOWS!!...Christ, they could even do it as a trailer before the actual movie ...just dont waste half the movie telling us what we know (a la new Spiderman)

Ian Jane
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Didn't the original Superman get his origin story right in a short time?

Pretty much, yeah. I don't know why Hollywood feels the need to keep bombarding us with origin stories that have already been told and done right the first time. I guess it's an effort to make superhero movies more accessible and given that they keep doing big numbers at the box office it seems to be working BUT as a fan I find it annoying.

Alex K.
12-13-2012, 10:37 AM
But it's Superman. Who doesn't know his origin story?

paul h.
12-13-2012, 11:03 AM
handled in like 5 minutes like in the 1989 Batman.

...just dont waste half the movie telling us what we know (a la new Spiderman)

If it's a "new" character, I could see spending some time on the nuances of origin. But if it's a reboot, it could be handled in a credit sequence, or a quick montage with voice over, so we could advance the action.

That last Bryan Singer Superman movie was incredibly boring, I couldn't finish it. This new Spider Man looks like shit, so I haven't bothered. I liked Avengers though.

sukebanboy
12-13-2012, 07:55 PM
AVENGERS was good because it moved moved moved...No ORIGIN story for the characters much (even new ones like HAWKEYE)....they just got on with it...

If you saw Raimi's first spiderman you have seen the new one....total waste of time...90 mins on his origin AGAIN...Just show the fuckin spider biting him and then him waking up all weird and strong and stuff...pre-credits sequence at the most!

Randy G
12-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Sorry guys, but it's not true that they got the origin story done quickly in the original Superman, the film spends quite a bit of the run time on the origin story before getting to New York and Lois Lane.

I noted this when I rewatched it a few years ago, it whips by relatively because Donner does such a great job and produces several memorable iconic images.

I think the Spiderman, Captain America and Iron Man movies are among the stronger superhero movies in the past few years because they are origin stories, the later movies are significantly less interesting imo.

Of course, most sequels suck anyway, and I'm not defending the reboot mania, as Ian says if they were done right the first time why bother retelling it?

sukebanboy
12-14-2012, 08:17 AM
SPIDERMAN 2 was better than part one....BATMA too....apart from them, I agree....sequels suck...probably because the SUITS don't know what made the first one work so well..and try to replicate it ..but with MORE of the same...doesn't usually work out....They dont think to make a STRONGER story....

It has been years since I have seen SUPERMAN, but I do remember it seeming to go by pretty quick...my mind must be playing tricks....At least it didn't FEEL like they took up the WHOLE movie with it!

THIS Superman seems to angsty....a cross between SMALLVILLE and SINGERS version....nothing NEW or INTERESTING in there I think...although if he gets a few solid action scenes in there it might be worth watching...but as it is SNYDER, it will probably be in SLO MO and CGI overkill.....

Mark Tolch
12-14-2012, 08:50 AM
I'll see it because. Anyway, Michael Shannon rules.

The Silly Swede
12-14-2012, 09:14 AM
I'll see it because.

Because you cannot deny yourself the pleasure of a man in tights?

Mark Tolch
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM

Pretty much.

Meggings.

Alex K.
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Nerds.

Johnny Stickman
12-14-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm kind of excited about this and am all for the Superman-finding-himself angle. I have my hesitations due to Snyder's attachment, but I'm willing to invest some faith. In a time where uncertainty takes control of our lives and we look up into the sky and can't find inspiration, who else can we turn to besides Superman? No one, damn it! On a related note, this reminds of two of my favorite jokes from The Simpsons where the viewer, for a moment believes Homer is praying to God, but is actually praying for Supe. In another, Barney confuses Mary Poppins for Superman.

Richard--W
12-14-2012, 10:00 PM

I think it's a man in sharkskin now, or gator skin. They've added some kind of scaly texture to his outfit. Also, no more red shorts. Still has the red cape and red boots, however.

sukebanboy
12-14-2012, 10:07 PM
I think it's a man in sharkskin now, or gator skin. They've added some kind of scaly texture to his outfit. Also, no more red shorts. Still has the red cape and red boots, however.

That's already cut off half of the fetish lovers from the viewing demographic...

If this movie loses money, now we will know why....

Ian Jane
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
So, it's done. And it gets a PG-13 rating. (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman/24213/man-of-steel-rating-confirmed)

"The official MPAA guidance is that it's got a PG-13 for "intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction, and for some language".

Barry M
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
Bang!
“Fuggit! I'm outta bulletses!“
[throws gun, bounces offa superman]

Ian Jane
01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Some interesting speculation on a 'cameo' that will supposedly be taking place in the movie here (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/28/does-man-of-steel-feature-a-mind-blowing-almost-impossible-cameo/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

I'm not sure if this is legitimate homage or digital novelty casting.

Alex K.
01-28-2013, 07:29 PM
They're going to CGI Christopher Reeve's face? Seems exploitative but I guess his kids signed off on it to honor their dad and collect some cash.

Ian Jane
01-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Courtesy of Bleeding Cool (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/30/lois-lane-and-ipad-her-first-official-image-from-man-of-steel/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter), the first look at Lois Lane.

Ian Jane
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bMPlzxQMWb4

The Silly Swede
04-09-2013, 10:28 AM
This film just reeks of shitness.

Newt Cox
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
This film just reeks of shitness.

Yep,but I am not a fan of Superman.

Toyboy
04-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I like the Superman character enough. There are some really great, fun comics - mainly the Silver Age stuff that Curt Swan drew. When I saw THOR for the first time I kept thinking "This is how a Superman movie should be." My hope is that these ads aren't fully representative of the movie's tone. May as well just rerelease SUPERMAN RETURNS if it's just gonna be more worried moms and crying girlfriends.

Ian Jane
04-15-2013, 10:28 AM
New TV spot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t28bYb60s9Q&feature=youtu.be

sukebanboy
04-15-2013, 07:46 PM
At least they didn't play the Michael Jackson song over it!!!..

I was worried at first!

Richard--W
04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Man of Steel is shaping up to be another superhero bummer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: somebody needs to rescue Superman from Warner Brothers.

Toyboy
04-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Hmmm...this has me a little more hopeful. Still a bit too mopey boo hoo but there're some hints that there might be some fun to be had. Michael Shannon seems to be having fun at least. Also, I like that we don't see in Clark in glasses. Enough of those shenanigans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY&feature=player_embedded

Barry M
04-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Hoperman.

sukebanboy
04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Stop the whining, stop the angst, stop the brooding.....

JUST LET HIM KICK SOME ASS AND SAVE THE WORLD..

How hard can it be????

Ian Jane
04-17-2013, 09:23 AM
This one all hinges on the bad guys for me.

Nolando
04-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Michael Shannon's a seriously good choice for filling Stamp's shoes as General Zod, I'd say.

Alex K.
04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
What I don't get is that there's so many villains you could have for Superman and in all of the movies it's just been Lex Luthor and Zod (not counting Nuclear Man). With the toyetic nature of big blockbuster flicks like this it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep the number of high profile villains so low.

Apronikoff
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
What I don't get is that there's so many villains you could have for Superman and in all of the movies it's just been Lex Luthor and Zod (not counting Nuclear Man). With the toyetic nature of big blockbuster flicks like this it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep the number of high profile villains so low.

EXACTLY! That was the first big red flag for me on this film, that they were bringing back Zod. Where's Brainiac? Darkseid? Parasite? Metallo? There's so many great villains in the comics, the fact that they're recycling a villain (who is of minor importance in the comics) strongly suggests to me that this is not being made by people with any great knowledge or love of the source material...

sukebanboy
04-18-2013, 05:04 AM
To be perfectly honest, as long as they dont bore me to death with angst/ heartstrings pulling scenes/exposition/ overdone dramatic scenes between supes and his parents and/or friends I will be up for seeing it!!

Also, I think this representation of ZOD will be a lot different than the previous movie ZOD..enough to overlook the repitition of bad guy.....

Ian Jane
05-23-2013, 09:39 AM
And... another new trailer. This one actually makes it look better than I thought it would.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc&feature=share

Toyboy
06-07-2013, 09:02 PM
This shit is fucking stupid as fuck...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177353-new-fight-clip-from-man-of-steel-hits

Here's one thing that everyone knows about Superman: he's really fucking good at saving people. That's what he's known for and that's what the trailers for this movie keep playing up - the whole saving business. It's why Lois Lane jumped into the Niagra Falls in SUPERMAN II, 'cuz she knew that the guy would simply have to rescue her because if he didn't he'd just float around space weeping.

So, in the linked clip we get a Superman who is so overcome with rage that he grabs Zod and flies right the fuck into town at about 250 mph. Now, he has the presence of mind to not only pummel Zod but also talk to him while he zooms along, but he doesn't notice that they're flying into one of those buildings that has all the combustable liquid and cars...the, uh...ah, jeez...GAS STATION! He flies right into a fucking gas station full of people, or "those creatures I've sworn to protect." without so much as a grimace.

The asshole doesn't even take the time to see if everyone is okay afterward. Instead he decides to bust Zod's balls for not being able to "focus". Really, fuck nuts? He needs to focus? You just almost killed or horribly burned about a dozen people you fucking douche.

Jesus. All that idiocy for a fucking explosion, like that's what we need more of in a summer movie. You can't think of something more inventive, Snyder? How about Superman looks up just at the last second and flies straight up into the air then bites Zod's bottom lip off, spits it, and says "I've had enough of your lip, you fucking lesbian!" then gives him an enema in front of his soldiers.

Dummies. Quit making dumb decisions, dummies!

Scott
06-07-2013, 09:33 PM

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/177353-new-fight-clip-from-man-of-steel-hits

Here's one thing that everyone knows about Superman: he's really fucking good at saving people. That's what he's known for and that's what the trailers for this movie keep playing up - the whole saving business. It's why Lois Lane jumped into the Niagra Falls in SUPERMAN II, 'cuz she knew that the guy would simply have to rescue her because if he didn't he'd just float around space weeping.

So, in the linked clip we get a Superman who is so overcome with rage that he grabs Zod and flies right the fuck into town at about 250 mph. Now, he has the presence of mind to not only pummel Zod but also talk to him while he zooms along, but he doesn't notice that they're flying into one of those buildings that has all the combustable liquid and cars...the, uh...ah, jeez...GAS STATION! He flies right into a fucking gas station full of people, or "those creatures I've sworn to protect." without so much as a grimace.

The asshole doesn't even take the time to see if everyone is okay afterward. Instead he decides to bust Zod's balls for not being able to "focus". Really, fuck nuts? He needs to focus? You just almost killed or horribly burned about a dozen people you fucking douche.

Jesus. All that idiocy for a fucking explosion, like that's what we need more of in a summer movie. You can't think of something more inventive, Snyder? How about Superman looks up just at the last second and flies straight up into the air then bites Zod's bottom lip off, spits it, and says "I've had enough of your lip, you fucking lesbian!" then gives him an enema in front of his soldiers.

Shades of IRREDEEMBLE, and most post-modern comics.

It's hard to get excited about this crap.

Richard--W
06-07-2013, 10:17 PM

That's the kind of passion mixed with objective oversight they need at Warner Brothers.

I'm glad you notice the details and make the fine-line distinctions, Toyboy. Not many people do. You are absolutely right to be outraged, but calm down. Remember the blood pressure. When the artery in your neck gets hard like a wire and starts twitching it's time to take a pill. You knew this was coming soon as you heard Snyder was running the show. He's an airhead from the militant lesbian studio that specializes in deconstruction of the male. They take the super out of the DC comics superheroes. That's their modus operandi.

I've been saying for years, somebody needs to rescue Batman and Superman from Warner Brothers.

Superman flies because he is above mortal foibles. It is a struggle for him sometimes, but as soon as he fails to stay above mortal foibles, he is no longer Superman. It is never necessary to take him down a peg or two, and when Richard Lester, Lois & Clark, Smalltown, Brian Singer and Zack Snyder go there I have to look away.

I wish Columbia would scan Atom Man versus Superman (1950) at 2K, put the chapters onto a blu-ray, and then recut the serial into a feature length movie, colorize it, and add that on as an option. It's the best Superman ever made.

Zane C.
06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I'll be going to see this. Looks pretty good, actually. Mind you, I've never had a problem with any of the SUPERMAN movies they've made. They all have their high points, IMO. Henry Cavill looks to be a good choice as Superman.

sukebanboy
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Apparently this movie has almost made back its entire budget already...before it has even been shown anywhere...

Liscensing, tie-ins, toys, product placement.....everyone wants a part of Supes!

So no matter how well this does, or how good or bad it is....there wil be another...

Ian Jane
06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
So despite the fact that the movie hasn't landed in theaters yet, a sequel is maybe not so surprisingly already in the works (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman/25934/man-of-steel-2-already-pressing-ahead).

sukebanboy
06-11-2013, 11:01 AM
It's been getting pretty steller reviews across the board from those who have seen it....

Toyboy
06-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Has any one of those people mentioned how fucking dumb it is for Superman to fly into a god damned gas station? Or perhaps reviews that give context to that scene, justifying such a lunk-headed maneuver?

I'm sure this movie can be great...but these people (i.e. David Goyer, Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder) can be real dumb sometimes.

Barry M
06-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Oh, like you've never run out of gas and had to fly to the gas station.

Scott
06-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Gash Station Smashstation.

Barry M
06-12-2013, 01:40 AM
G*A*S*H*U*P*E*R*S*H*M*A*N*S*H

It means HOPE on my planet.

I'll probably see this, even though I'm sure I was cc:'d on the hate-Superman memo. I'm sure I've seen worse & better movies for the air conditioning.

Scott
06-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Maybe Superman's going green, that's why he shmashes the gash shtation. You gotta drag some people into the fuutre. Maybe he's trying to get everyone to switch to corn so Ma and Pa can get some crushed out farm subsidies.

Sorry to get political.

sukebanboy
06-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Actually I am just happy to see a lot of action in this movie...From the trailers it looked like it was going to be a philosophical snoozefest...

Just let Supes smash some shit up...Thats what the audience wants!!!

Actually, in this version it seems like he is not really interested in protecting humans like he has been in the previous movies.....

Scott
06-13-2013, 04:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI182EqWhgM

sukebanboy
06-14-2013, 05:14 AM
Saw it today.....

Good story...but goes WAY overboard on the destruction in the final 30 mins...and the "will they be saved in time" bullshit of the name actors is in there too.....

The starting bit on Krypton goes on a bit too long...and a bit too sci-fiey for me...but I guess some people like this stuff...

As for on Earth....Poor old Larry Fishbourne does NOTHING in this movie......and the humour is 90% gone...Now, I DIDNT want it to be a cheesefest...but I didnt want it to be all heartstring pulling and angst and god comparisons (See the pose Superman makes when he flies off near the end!!)

The bit with Kevin Costner and Diane Ladd were great...and just the right level of acting./action/story...as were the few pieces of his childhood (flashbacks) and his adult life BEFORE he meets Lois.....and i was choking a bit witht he final cheesy bit for Costner...but he pulled it off...

But as soon as ZOD comes to Earth, the CGI kicks in and each battle MUST be bigger and cause MORE destruction than the last...if you think Supes flying into a petrol station is bad enough it gets far worse..until the final battle that pretty much must have cost THOUSANDS of human lives...but of course Superman is seen being ONLY concerned about the people he knows....and even the major plot holes in the story dont slow him down!!

People are saying that this is the best superhero movie ever made.....but i disagree with that statement 100%..While the effects have been improved, the characters tweaked and the movie lengthened, there is STILL something missing that the old Christopher Reeves movies had.....a heart.....and Snyder's CGI angst fest doesn't have enough....and Henry Cavell is not as good an actor as Reeves was in the first movie.....

Ian Jane
06-14-2013, 08:56 AM
I've heard more than once that the movie is too sombre for its own good, which would make it quite different than the Reeves movies but which could work id handled right. Odds of me seeing this in the theater are slim but I will check it out on Blu.

sukebanboy
06-14-2013, 10:11 AM
The last 30 mins are like a video game...and the destruction is WAY OTT.....

It IS very sombre...and the lead guy acts very sombre...but he never exhudes the kind of emotions that someone like Clark would go through as he finds out he is not human..They also dont spend enough time with him as he gets used to his powers....This movie feels liek Part 1 and 2 from the Reeves years stuck together...Russell Crowe plays it straight and subdued....he knows how to add a bit of class....ZOD just is FULL ON at every opportunity......The story has quite a few good ideas...but Snyder has shown that he can only direct big budget set pieces...NOT an actors director at all....

Hopefully they will get someone in better to make the sequel..it COULD still be a good follow up.....

I also heard Snyder say he wants to do the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie if it is offered to him......dear god no......

Ian Jane
06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I wonder if when it hits video there will be an extended/director's cut with more character development?

sukebanboy
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Character development is ok for the main leads....the movie is about 2 1/2 hours long....pretty much all character driven stuff for about 40 mins in the middle (especially Costner and Lane and Crowe get a chance to rise over the material)

We all know Supes story...so they kinda just do flashbacks to main events.....When Zod comes back its all out the window though apart from when Supes asks the advice of a PRIEST whether to help humans or go with Zod....

There are FAR TOO many shots of army airplanes/tanks etc too...its like Snyder has a military fetish like Michael Bay...There are just endless shots of control rooms/helipcopters/soldiers/jets etc etc etc

i am SURE there wil be an extended cut later down the line.....but, like Watchmen, will it actually improve the movie ...or just drag it out longer???

Like I said, bring a director in who can balance ALL elements of the story and I am right in there for the sequel....

Todd Jordan
06-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I've not seen a Superman movie since the 2nd one in the theater as a little children. Zack "I'm such a visionary" Snyder doesn't do it for me either. Can't think of any reason to watch the movie ever.

Robin Bougie
06-15-2013, 06:38 AM
All the comic nerds on my facebook feed are shitting all over this movie. No one seems pleased.

sukebanboy
06-15-2013, 08:17 AM
I cant see it pleasing the comic book nerds.....they take so many liberties with the story / concepts that it can be nitpicked to death by even someone like me who only read the occasional Supes comic in his youth...

Scott
06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bCa-mcdVf5Q/Ubfv6rvGtBI/AAAAAAAAN88/oZviM9zCwLg/s640/superman+II+001.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-297R49BzR1U/UavPScT9RSI/AAAAAAAANlc/o8xjPzWjKoM/s640/supm422.jpg

sukebanboy
06-16-2013, 12:18 AM
The bddies from Superman 2 portray more menace and fear in their subtlety than the new lot do in theirs...!!and even though it gets cheesy in there, the relatively simple unfolding of events in Superman 2 achieves far more than Snyders " i can beat Michael Bay at his own game" can do!

Ian Jane
09-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Coming 11/8/18 in Germany.