PDA

View Full Version : Adult Movie Superstars Vol.2: The Eurozone Photos

Andrew Monroe
07-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Saw this in the new Previews and thought others might be interested. Mighty tempting.

Adult Movie Superstars looks back at the so-called "Golden Age" of European sex movies - roughly from 1972 until 1980 and the advent of video technology - and focuses on 4 legendary actresses/models from that era, presenting photographic profiles of each of them, with over 130 rarely-seen images. Featuring: Laura Gemser: legendary star of the Black Emanuelle series; Christina Lindberg: legendary star of THRILLER and SEX & FURY; Brigitte Lahaie: legendary star of Jean Rollin's FASCINATION; Brigitte Maier: legendary star of Lasse Braun's SENSATIONS. 136 pages $24.95

Ian Jane
07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Swanky. I didn't even know there was a Vol. 1.

Ian Jane
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Hmmm. Here it is (http://www.amazon.com/Adult-Movie-Superstars-Golden-Photos/dp/1902588851/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343253587&sr=1-1&keywords=adult+movie+superstars). Volume One.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51S391KVM1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Geten
07-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Remember the first one being discussed over at avmaniacs, but don't think anybody owned it.

Ian Jane
07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
I think it might have been brought up here in the Rene Bond thread at some point too.

I will own these at some point I think.

Andrew Monroe
07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I will probably get the second one at some point, not too interested in the first. It would be nice to get a look inside this before buying, I have the Simpel Movie magazine devoted to Laura Gemser, that one is mostly film stills, artwork and ads. Maybe this one will be more portrait photography. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE those Simpel mags, I have the Gloria Guida and Schulmadchen Report ones too. The Guida one will actually burn your hand when you touch it, it's that fucking hot.

Robin Bougie
07-27-2012, 05:48 AM
I had a feeling that book was trouble the moment I saw the way they cropped that photo of Rene on the cover. There is no good excuse to saw off half her head like that. It's aesthetically amatuerish, from a layout point of view, and from the sounds of the Amazon customer reviews, the interiors are more of the same: badly reproduced photos, and not a word of info about the women in the pics.

Sounds like a no-go to me, but if someone here gets them, be sure to report in. I'd really like to be proven wrong.