PDA

View Full Version : The Infernal Rapist aka El Violador Infernal

Andrew Monroe
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Just got a bootleg copy of this Mexican horror film, supposedly eye-poppingly sleazy. Here's the description from a catalog:"Criminal Carlos "El Gato" is executed in the electric chair. Then he is resurrected by a demoness called "The Supreme Being of Darkness" but first must denounce his religion and then spend his time raping and murdering with reckless abandon, marking each human sacrifice with "666". This is brutal and unpleasant. Nothing is off limits. Even a homosexual man is stabbed to death and raped with "666" carved into his buttocks! How's that for equal rights?"

Good review here (http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/05/el-terror-de-mexico-infernal-rapist.html?zx=605dcbdf3962152c). Anyone seen this? Sounds awesome!

Ian Jane
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Never heard of this, nice find! I have a feeling there's a ton of Mexploitation stuff out there waiting for discovery.

There's a pretty awful rape clip from the movie on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Sknqi83d7N0

Andrew Monroe
08-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Watched this recently, it's a weird one to say the least. Reminded me of some of the Indonesian stuff Mondo Macabro has released at times - The Supreme Being of Darkness (patent pending) shoots lasers out of her eyes to bring El Gato back to life - but the subject matter is too grim to be goofy fun. While some of the rape scenes are way OTT and laughable, one is really disturbing. Demented stuff. One of the sleaziest Mexican films I've seen, that's for sure.

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Sounds kind of awesome.

Andrew Monroe
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm telling you, it's insane! The Supreme Being (who looks like a Solid Gold dancer) sets him up to live the good life with drugs and shit. When he meets the gay guy who is his first victim, he insists they shoot heroin, the guy is understandably reluctant so he stabs him to death and then rapes his corpse. Tops it off with the 666 carved in his ass cheek. It's all downhill from there.

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Did you see it with subs?

Andrew Monroe
08-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Yep. It's pretty dialog-heavy but a lot of it is El Gato talking about how he's gonna get fucked up and kill for the glorification of TSB. He likes to smoke weed a lot.

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Awesome. I'm gonna set the wheels into motion on this one.

You've got to wonder what other unsung gems of Mexploitation are out there. It's really sorely underrepresented on DVD.

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Just saw 'Desert Island Films' has this available on MOD/DVD-R at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BHA334/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007BHA334&linkCode=as2&tag=cognitrespon-20). Crazy. There's no way that's not a VHS sourced bootleg.

Andrew Monroe
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's a boot but I'm curious if it's subbed. Doesn't say unless I missed it. Also curious as to picture quality. The copy I watched has some herky-jerky movement at first but it improves.

I do wonder what else is out there. The 80s Mexican horror I've seen is usually pretty intense. I bet there are some real gems waiting to be uncovered, or at least more scuzzy sleaze like this.

Ian Jane
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
There sadly doesn't seem to be much in the way of English-friendly resources out there for stuff like this. The older more gothic stuff and the Santo and Santo related movies, sure, but not the harder edged sleaze. At least not that I've come across.

Randy G
08-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Thankfully more of the Mexi-ploitation stuff is getting fansubbed, I have a copy of this but without subs so someone must have got around to subbing it.

Alex K.
08-07-2012, 02:43 AM
I know I've tried watching it before but I lost interest, probably because of a lack of subs at the time. Gonna' rectify that.

I've checked and there's really not a lot of lost Mexsploitation flicks out there. I know there's two zombie movies, one with Hugo Stiglitz and the makeup is pretty good (Burial Ground quality) but there's next to no nudity or gore.

Alex K.
09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Okay, after a long while I decided to watch this with subtitles. Check Cinemageddon for that.

It's similar to Mad Foxes in that it constantly tries to outdo it self from scene to scene in terms of sleaze and violence. Just like in Mad Foxes there are no likable characters at all. It also leaves the lingering question " who was the audience for this film?" and I think they were going for a Reagen-esque don't do drugs morality play but lost focus to say the ever fucking least.

Terry C
09-03-2012, 01:56 PM
For those of you who haven't seen it...it's a must buy....or download.

Alex K.
09-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it's definitely fucked up enough to check out.

Ian Jane
09-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I've got it, haven't had time to watch it yet but it's on the short list.

Ehren H
09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
I absolutely have to see this movie! Holy hell, it sounds nuts.