PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale..U.S. Tv Series coming....

sukebanboy
07-27-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL....did anyone actually WATCH battle royale before deciding this???

FROM TWITCH....

ccording to Los Angeles Times, the CW television network -- the fifth network in the U.S., home of The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and Gossip Girl -- has had preliminary "talks with the project's Hollywood representatives about the possibility of turning the property into an English-language show."

but there is SOME hope...

Rather than remake the movie, they would acquire rights to the novel and work from there. Takami can say no, which would quash any potential deal.

..Seems like they heard it is "like Hunger Games"...so they will make it like THAT movie to drag in the kids....

Whatever happened to that REMAKE they were going to do??? LOL!

Ian Jane
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
BARF.

sukebanboy
07-27-2012, 11:29 AM
BARF.

Come on Ian....show some enthusiasm!!!!!

It'll be as big as TWILIGHT if they Hipster it up and have the kids brooding and moping around!!

Just wait til everyone blames it for ripping off HUNGER GAMES lol!!

Ian Jane
07-27-2012, 11:36 AM
I stand by my BARF.

sukebanboy
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
No sign of it yet as far as I know.....fingers crossed!

Mark Tolch
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
I can't wait for the uniforms to catch on as the next thing in hipster attire. Or has that already happened?

sukebanboy
10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
I can't wait for the uniforms to catch on as the next thing in hipster attire. Or has that already happened?

Come on Mark....don;t be down on the hipsters!!!

Ian Jane
10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
BARF.

sukebanboy
08-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Did this ever happen?

Shame if it didnt...because HUNGER GAMES, DIVERGENT etc etc are all cashing in on the theme...albeit in a much watered down version!

Roderick
08-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Meh. It will suck, but why not.

sukebanboy
08-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Just been searching the internet and it seems liket he sucess of HUNGER GAMES has made this tv series be cancelled...as well as the proposed American remake of the movie!

Maybe someone like HBO can make the novel into a series....the Japanese movie was good...but it wasnt really that close to the actual novel......and they could go into depth in the characters and interactions and stuff....

The Silly Swede
08-22-2014, 11:43 AM
I would like this. If it was reality TV and douches from across the world competed Life and Death for say a million bucks or some such.

Alex K.
08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
I would like this. If it was reality TV and douches from across the world competed Life and Death for say a million bucks or some such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0JWqIZcyBo