PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw 3D

Ian Jane
08-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Fangoria has the scoop (http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/home/all-news/1-latest-news/7705-exclusive-poster-qtexas-chainsaw-3dq):

"Lionsgate’s TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror classic left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went missing without a trace. The townspeople long suspected the Sawyer family, owners of a local barbeque pit, were somehow responsible. Their suspicions were finally confirmed one hot summer day when a young woman escaped the Sawyer house following the brutal murders of her four friends. Word around the small town quickly spread, and a vigilante mob of enraged locals surrounded the Sawyer stronghold, burning it to the ground and killing every last member of the family – or so they thought.

Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion’s dank cellars…"

So it's going to hit theaters 1/4/2013.

I do have to admit that I like the poster art. I didn't think that the Bay produced remake was all that bad. Unnecessary, to be sure, and in no way did it really improve on the original, but at least they kept it a hard R and didn't downplay the nastiness of it to cater to the more desirable PG-13 rating.

Dunno if we really need this.... but I like the poster art.

Alex K.
08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Ian, I can't believe you failed to mention that Bill Moseley will be playing the old cook!? Shame!

And for that alone, I'm checking this out. Moseley always brings something to the table.

Ian Jane
08-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Honestly I think Moseley and Haig are overused these days. The novelty has worn off. That's not to say he's not a good casting choice, but let's be honest, dude has appeared in a lot of crap these last few years.

Alex K.
08-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I haven't seen too much of the crap but I think he's a solid actor regardless. Sid Haig I just don't get the appeal. But come on, Moseley was Choptop... Fucking Choptop!

Ian Jane
08-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I haven't seen too much of the crap but I think he's a solid actor regardless. Sid Haig I just don't get the appeal. But come on, Moseley was Choptop... Fucking Choptop!

And part of me thinks we should leave it that way.

Tom K
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I did not like the remake at all...if fact, I hated it...

However, I did like the prequel to the remake...go figure...

I like that Moseley is playing the cook...kind of brings legitamacy to this...maybe? I think there are other cameos as well...I know the original cast was pretty insulted by the remake and turned down cameos in that, but they bit for this one...

And Andrew Bynarski is not Leatherface...Awesome...dude is a dick.

So this is supposed to take place between Part 1 and 2? Ok, not a remake, and not a prequel, and not really a sequel? I think they invented something here!

Todd Jordan
08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
It's a 3-Dequel.

sukebanboy
08-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Between-quel????

Hope this is good.....NO WAY will it be better than the original OR part two.......and sadly Moseley's involvement does not equate the kind of enthusiasm I might have had a few years back....Jim Siedow IS the cook...no-one else.....Hope he plays it RESTRAINED if he does....The Cook was the logical one right?

Are they gonna invent more characters for hte rest of his family like in ALL but the first two movies??..hope not!
SO, CAUTIOUS optimism for this one so far....but little hope!!!

Also it is Time for 3-D to disappear I think....

Oh..this is the director

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM2ODExNTcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI2MTI3Mw@@._ V1._CR0,0,267,267_SS80_.jpg

Take a look at his directed movies...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (post-production)

Takers (2010)

Lockdown (2000)

....hope has just disappeared I think......

Ian Jane
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Trailer time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqCe2pDfICE

Alex K.
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Looks very slasher-ish. Was hoping for something a little different like TCM2 but it looks like it might be fun. Disappointed we didn't get to see any of Moseley in the trailer.

Ian Jane
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Bloody Disgusting just posted a ridiculous amount of stills from the movie here (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3191592/nearly-40-hi-res-images-from-texas-chainsaw-3d/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

I didn't notice Mosley in any of them.

sukebanboy
09-13-2012, 10:01 PM
That trailer actually didn't make it look TOO bad....:biggrin:...Especially the music and the fact they didn't really show the LEATHERFACE too clearly....

There is a WHOLE world of difference between a trailer and the actual film though......

sukebanboy
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
NEW POSTER...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/9578/original/texas-chainsaw-3d-NYCC-poster.JPG?1349979109

At least they are doing good posters!!

Alex K.
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I like it.

sukebanboy
10-12-2012, 01:00 AM
I like it.

Me too....but i think he needs a chainsaw or something in his hands....looks like he doesnt know what to do with them!!

Mark Tolch
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
It looks alright...but 3D makes my head hurt.

Ian Jane
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
His pants are pretty rad.

sukebanboy
10-12-2012, 10:22 AM
It looks alright...but 3D makes my head hurt.

Me too...its an annoying gimmick...fun for a while..but had enough now...and not EVERY movie needs the 3D!!!

At least this is geting the 2D release too (bottom of poster!)

Ian Jane
10-17-2012, 04:54 PM
A set report and some stills at Bloody Disgusting (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/60855/texas-chainsaw-3d-set-visit-report-and-new-images-revealed?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) today. That site seems to be on top of this like no other.

Tom K
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM
His pants are pretty rad.

Sans-A-Belt Casual Dress Slacks :biggrin:

sukebanboy
10-17-2012, 08:12 PM
A set report and some stills at Bloody Disgusting (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/60855/texas-chainsaw-3d-set-visit-report-and-new-images-revealed?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter) today. That site seems to be on top of this like no other.

Looks like they are at least putting a lot of effort into it!!!

Not sure about Moseley as THE COOK...but he might pull it off....Interesting to see a few original cast members in there too....

Ian Jane
10-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Yeah, this one might be alright. I don't know that we need yet another TCM movie to be honest, but they do at least appear to be trying to create something intense and scary.

Ehren H
10-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm a sucker for all of the Texas Chainsaw flicks. Seeing the original was a formative event in my cult fandom, and part 2 has also been a longtime favorite. 3 and 4 are kind of crap (okay 4 is definite crap), but entertaining in a goofball kind of way. The remake and the prequel weren't masterpieces, but they turned out a hell of a lot better than I expected, that's for sure, with some solid moments in both. The fact that this new 3D one takes place after the first one intrigues me, so I'll definitely be seeing it.

Okay, let me put it this way: If there is a movie where someone is wearing a mask of skin and wielding a chainsaw, I will be there. Even if it ends up sucking, I will be there.

Mark Tolch
10-19-2012, 08:04 AM
I saw 4 in the theatre on Halloween the year it came out, and it was entertaining as hell. :-)

Ian Jane
10-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I saw 4 in the theatre on Halloween the year it came out, and it was entertaining as hell. :-)

What kind of state were you in at the time? haha. Cause it's entertaining enough I guess, but mostly for all the wrong reasons.

I thought that the first remake was pretty decent. The second one was gory and nasty but didn't really give me enough story. Ehren, I'm with you - I'll more or less watch anything in the franchise.

Mark Tolch
10-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I went with my ex...I don't think we did drugs at the time, but we were probably a little loaded.

Newt Cox
10-20-2012, 04:44 AM

Wow lucky,it is the only TCM I didn't get to see in a theater. Want to say it only played a handful of theaters.

Alex K.
10-20-2012, 05:09 AM

That beer you snuck in must have been good. That or you had friends who were good riffers.

Tom K
10-22-2012, 10:48 AM
I believe that TCM 4 was supposed to be a remake...at least I remember reading something about that.

It test marketed in a few places and was quickly shelved...it surfaced again when Zellweger and McConaughy blew up...

It has grown on me over the years...Nothing great, but I don't dislike it as much then when I first seen it...

Ian Jane
10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I haven't watched it since the DVD first came out (I got the Canadian disc, which I believe trumps the US one which is trimmed in spots). I was pretty down on it then and haven't seen it since.

Roderick
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
I actually like 4 enough that I own both the US and Canadian DVDs. (But I DID get them both for super cheap.) IIRC in addition to extra footage the uncut version is actually also edited a bit differently than the cut version. That's why I bothered to own both. And as Tom mentioned, I also read that it was conceived at a remake of sorts. I went into it with low expectations and anticipated a comedy along the lines of sequel number 2 and as such was pleasantly surprised.

Ehren H
10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
4 was was supposed to be Kim Henkel's "true sequel" to the original. He co-wrote the original with Hooper, and I guess he had a problem with the sequels so he wrote and directed his own continuation. At least that's what I gathered from some interviews with him. 4 is definitely flawed, I finally saw the longer cut that we here in the US didn't get to see, and it doesn't clarify any story points or anything. The whole "man in black" aspect, and the idea that there's this huge conspiracy to strike fear in people just falls flat, and is honestly pretty dumb. Which is sad, because McConaughey makes a GREAT villain, and there's lots to like in the flick, it just all falls apart because of some ridiculous and VERY out there plot twists.

Although, the cameos in the hospital at the end of the movie almost make up for every flaw it has.

Ian Jane
10-29-2012, 05:51 PM

sukebanboy
10-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Still looking good......:biggrin:

Ian Jane
10-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah, that's not exactly a PG style poster there. Good to see they're going for a harder type of horror here.

Roderick
10-30-2012, 10:58 AM
Leatherface's skin mask making skills have gone to shit. It's like he doesn't even care about his craft anymore. He's just coasting these days.

Alex K.
10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
4 was such a wretched film. Mcconaughey was so ott it he was funny at time but Zelwegger was so unlikable and the whole thing was unfocused and blase'. So many things wrong with it despite impressive production design and cinematography. Doesn't look like a film shot for under 2 million.

TCM 3D is looking like a solid slasher picture. I don't think it's possible to make something as intense as the original because the franchise is over exposed. The only way to freak people out is to take it into even darker places. And if you make a film without gore people will complain because when you go into a film called TCM you expect some chainsaw mayhem. The first film got away with it because it was the first and gore wasn't a selling point in horror up until the late 70's and early 80's.

sukebanboy
10-30-2012, 08:17 PM
They should take a chance and do it with minimal gore and blood....Moving away from the gore and back to the psychological would be a big plus for this...if they pull it off right...

This looks strange..

An all-new cast of law enforcement and government professionals take on Leatherface in this chapter of the saga: Thom Barry plays Sheriff Hooper, with Paul Rae in the role of town mayor Burt Hartman. Scott Eastwood will portray deputy Carl Hartman, a young officer who is battling a “powerful attraction” to Heather while hunting Leatherface .And character actor Richard Riehle will play the Sawyers' family attorney Farnsworth.

Hope they are not going down the "courtroom drama" road with this one!!!

Ian Jane
10-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Hope they are not going down the "courtroom drama" road with this one!!!

I have a feeling it'll be more like the 'Breaking Bad' style of attorney.

Mark Tolch
10-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Call Saul.

Ian Jane
11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
And.... this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YpBCw9Q7NDg

Ehren H
11-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Everything new that comes up about this flick actually makes me more excited to see it, and that is rare. Usually the more I find out about these upcoming flicks the more disheartened I get. This just looks awesome, classic Leatherface mayhem. Between this and the SNDN remake, I have two upcoming slasher flicks I'm excited about...I'm in a good mood!

Toyboy
11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Why, if that's Leatherface's barn, didn't he have a better idea of where that 2x4 brace was, and why didn't he just drive the truck thru there in the first place.

Or go around back.

Or just burn the place.

Or buy a shotgun. Just shoot these fucking kids. Shoot all interlopers in the fucking face with a shotgun. Problem solved.

Or buy a sign that says "PRIVATE PROPERTY - NO INTERLOPERS PLEASE".

Toyboy
11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Or buy a sign that says "MY OTHER CHAINSAW IS A SHOTGUN. STAY OUT!!!!!!"

Barry M
11-15-2012, 08:03 PM
You could even make your own sign, save a few bucks.

Alex K.
11-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Leatherface was never very smart. That's been consistent throughout the entire franchise.

"Look what your brother did to the door!"

Toyboy
11-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Is Chopped Top in this one? That guy is a hoot.

"Suck my dick, you dog! Iron Maiden is my fffffaaaaavorite!"

Loves me some Chopped Top.

Alex K.
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh, he's doing a thing. Got ya'.

sukebanboy
11-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Probably not Leatheface driving the truck......Probbably not even his barn!!

I like that they are at least giving Leatherface a bit of legwork..He needs to chase those survivors down!!

Not quite sure why that black dude has his shirt off...but I guess they will explain that away..

Also, why do the guys always have to be 6-packed.....most guys that age I went to college with were more concerned about the alcoholic six pack than their physique....Lets have some REALISM there please!!

Apronikoff
11-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Also, why do the guys always have to be 6-packed.....most guys that age I went to college with were more concerned about the alcoholic six pack than their physique....Lets have some REALISM there please!!

Now come on...if we insist on average looking guys in horror films, someone will insist on average looking girls and do you really want that? :tsk:

Ian Jane
11-15-2012, 10:29 PM

For the same reason all the girls are going to be lean, lithe and busty with fabulous asses and pretty faces. Sex sells, even in the context of cannon fodder.

Edited to add that I didn't see Apronikoff more or less just make the same point.

HIGH FIVE!

sukebanboy
11-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Now come on...if we insist on average looking guys in horror films, someone will insist on average looking girls and do you really want that? :tsk:

Shit...didn't think of that...What have i done!!!!

And then later, there may even be BELOW average girls in them.....:nono:

Ehren H
11-16-2012, 01:35 AM
I, for one, would like to see more "average" looking girls in films. Basically, because what constitutes a "hot chick" these days I usually don't find attractive (there are, of course, exceptions). The super skinny, plastic, and dyed look doesn't really do it for me. That's just me, though. I honestly think horror and low budget films usually do a better job of casting attractive people who look like an actual person you'd encounter in life far better than major films do these days.

That said, I think Scarlett Johansson is the epitome of gorgeous, as do most people, and I've even heard people (usually women) call HER fat. Weird world.

Ian Jane
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I, for one, would like to see more "average" looking girls in films. Basically, because what constitutes a "hot chick" these days I usually don't find attractive (there are, of course, exceptions). The super skinny, plastic, and dyed look doesn't really do it for me. That's just me, though. I honestly think horror and low budget films usually do a better job of casting attractive people who look like an actual person you'd encounter in life far better than major films do these days.

Agreed. You tend to get more realistic looking castmembers in the low budget stuff. The bigger stars are almost too pretty.

sukebanboy
11-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Agreed. You tend to get more realistic looking castmembers in the low budget stuff.

Thats why its not good to go see low-budget movies in the theater...You dont need that kind of mental damage in giant images in front of you as you are munching down on your popcorn!!..

Ian Jane
11-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Thats why its not good to go see low-budget movies in the theater...You dont need that kind of mental damage in giant images in front of you as you are munching down on your popcorn!!..

Haha, I see both sides. It's nice to look at 'beautiful people' up there on the big screen doing their thing, but at the same time, like Ehren says, I think it's less realistic, sometimes to the point where it can (though doesn't always) take me out of the movie.

Andrew Monroe
11-16-2012, 01:09 PM
TCM cosplay war brewing here?

Ian Jane
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Haha, sexy time!

Apronikoff
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, I definitely agree with Ehren about not really digging the "plastic Hollywood clone factory" look, but...

Maybe it's because I teach University classes and so am always surrounded by 18-22 year olds, but I just don't think anyone wants to watch a movie starring genuinely average-looking young people. lol

Ehren H
11-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Average looking does not equate to unattractive for me, I literally mean the average person. Average people are not supermodels. Most men are not in as good shape as portrayed in movies, and most women are not 6'3", 115 pounds with a tit job. Try walking around SoHo in NYC and see models up close....yeccccch.

Then again, it comes down to personal preference. One of the reasons I literally buy Playboy only for the articles (seriously, does anyone buy Playboy as stroke material anymore?) is because what Hefner seems to find attractive these days is the bleached blonde, fake tit, fake tan look. That's "hot" these days, but I don't think it's realistic. I think most of us males would take a pre-boob job Rene Bond over 99% of Playboy models these days.

But back on topic....TCM 3D looks like it's going to be a blast.

Roderick
11-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Haha, sexy time!

I know you have just been dying for an excuse to break our your nipple belt.

Andrew Monroe
11-16-2012, 01:27 PM
But back on topic....TCM 3D looks like it's going to be a blast.

Agreed, I've seen the trailer a couple times in the theater and I'm going to check this out. Looks fun!

Ian Jane
11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
First TV spot has been uploaded to Comingsoon.net and you can see it here (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter).

Alex K.
12-03-2012, 05:03 AM
Well, it looks like it'll be fun. And knowing it's made by Nu Image raises the bar for it being very anti-PC.

sukebanboy
12-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Well, it looks like it'll be fun. And knowing it's made by Nu Image raises the bar for it being very anti-PC.

Wow...never realised it was made by NU IMAGE...

That certainly raises the hope that this could be a decent movie!

Ian Jane
12-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah I hadn't noticed that either. For some reason, that inspires confidence in me!

Apronikoff
12-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Some promo images of the female cast members from Bloody Disgusting:

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/2-texas-chainsaw-3d-1024x682.jpg

http://cdn.bloody-disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1-texas-chainsaw-3d.jpg

sukebanboy
12-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah she is pretty...but she has the SAME EXPRESSION on her face in both shots.....Looks like she went to the KRISTIN STEWART school of TWILIGHT acting!!!

Ian Jane
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
A new UK TV spot has popped up over at Bloody Disgusting (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3207097/remember-the-history-of-chainsaw-in-latest-tv-spot/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

sukebanboy
12-11-2012, 07:07 AM
Yep...still interested in this one..

The footage of Leatherface heading towards a fairground looked promising..as does the inclusion of footage from the original in that trailer....shows they ARE trying to do a direct follow up ...

Not long to wait now either way.....

Roderick
01-04-2013, 02:12 AM
Negative review. (http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/reviews/movies/8334-qtexas-chainsaw-3dq-movie-review)

Roderick
01-04-2013, 02:15 AM
And another vote for suckage. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/04/texas-chainsaw-3d-review)

Roderick
01-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Poop (http://twitchfilm.com/2013/01/review-texas-chainsaw-3d-fails-to-pay-tribute----or-make-any-sense.html)

sukebanboy
01-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Says it all...

Hit the heavy metal music, fast-forward 40 years, and conveniently toss that "direct sequel" nonsense out the nearest window. We're five minutes in and any lingering "direct" connection to the original film is LONG gone.

Also his family is only in the first 5 minutes of the movie!!!

Stuff this....I will wait a few years until they reboot it again..fingers crossed the law of averages works out next time!!

Andrew Monroe
01-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Not a huge surprise though they did a nice job of making the trailer seem pretty intense. Ef it, I will probably go see this next week anyway...I have a theatrical horror itch that needs scratchin' and the pickings are slim.

sukebanboy
01-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Don't do it Andrew...Life is worth more than that!!!:biggrin:

ONE of those reviews DOES say that when Leatherface gets going it gets pretty intense.....They also like the real-time effects (except for CGI blood) and the 3-D effects that have stuff all to do with depth perception and more to do with spraying blood and sticking the chainsaw out at the audience....

It MIGHT be ok to watch in a generic sort of way...but the editors of the trailer really sucked me in this time with their good job of promoting this movie!!

Newt Cox
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Well the local theater isn't getting it. So I won't be able to see it till it hits Blu Ray.

sukebanboy
01-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Well the local theater isn't getting it. So I won't be able to see it till it hits Blu Ray.

You MIGHT need to reward your local theater manager for that move when you finally get to see it later......He might have saved you some pain!!:biggrin:

Newt Cox
01-05-2013, 12:21 AM
You MIGHT need to reward your local theater manager for that move when you finally get to see it later......He might have saved you some pain!!:biggrin:

See the local theater only seems to get in Madea films and Christian themed films. They didn't get Kick ass "Because I doubt it makes any money." But played Soul Surfer and Madea's witness protection for 2 months each.

sukebanboy
01-05-2013, 05:41 AM
See the local theater only seems to get in Madea films and Christian themed films. They didn't get Kick ass "Because I doubt it makes any money." But played Soul Surfer and Madea's witness protection for 2 months each.

LOL...I had to look up exactly what a "Madea" film is!!!!:biggrin:

My heart goes out to you Newt!!!:nono:

Body Boy
01-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Watched it.

Hilarious. Stupid. Funny.

And I... liked it! Yeah. I'll be seeing this again. I'm surprised films this stupid are still allowed to go to theaters in 2013. Oh wait... no I'm not... well, THIS stupid, perhaps. It's not as bad as The Next Generation, but it needed someone to write much better than this! The dialogue is awful. But this incarnation of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series is welcome by me, and when the piecing together scene that is bloated and unnecessary comes to show, you'll realize that this is cash-in trash not meant to be ganged up on with bats, but praised for having a ball with its sloppiness. There's also one line during the finale scene that will become an instant classic in the realm of bad film dialogue.

sukebanboy
01-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Body Boy...you have just made me interested in seeing this one now....

I thought it was a wasted opportunity to re-invent the franchise...but now you mentioned the hallowed "Next Generation" in the same breath...Maybe it IS a re-invention of the franchise after all....!

Surprised they let it go to shit after the last TWO sequels seemed to be well enough made , serious and popular...i wonder who made the decision to go trashy again??

Newt Cox
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
LOL...I had to look up exactly what a "Madea" film is!!!!:biggrin:

My heart goes out to you Newt!!!:nono:

They are horrible. Image a 5th rate episode off "Mama's Family". Then add in badly done musical numbers.

Tom K
01-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Saw this today ...went in with really low expectations and ended up enjoying it...nothing great, but everything after Part 2 was pretty much crap anyway (even though I have a soft spot for The Next Generation and the prequel)

It had its problems, but overall it was enjoyable...the new Leatherface was good too...

Alex K.
01-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I liked part 3...

Tom K
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I liked part 3...

Besides the remake, that is my least favorite...I have revisited it over the years, and I still cannot get into it...It just doesn't have that feel for me...

Alex K.
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I don't know. I'm a little empathetic to Jeff Burr and the problems he had with the studio. A fan cut that incorporates the work print footage does improve the film a bit. But it's overall a fun slasher picture that has some really intentionally dark and possibly unintentionally funny moments. Ken Foree was awesome in it too.

Tom K
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I may have to try it again...It has been a few years since I last watched it...

Alex K.
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
If you're a Cinemageddon member I'd recommend checking out the Fan Edit.

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 05:41 AM
I think the fan buzz about how great TEXAS 3 was going to be if Jeff Burr was left alone to make it have now blown WELL out of proportion...I am pretty sure it might have been BLOODIER but not BETTER...There will probably NEVER be a movie in this series as good as part one OR two...They can try, and sometimes do a good job, but they aren't gonna be able to beat the first two as they are products of their time/circumstances......Can't recreate THAT today....

Would like to see them TRY o make it more suspenseful and gritty like the first....COULD make an awesome movie...but of course they are NOT going to go there are they???????

As for TOBE HOOPER endorsing this new movie...He produced the last two "reboots" didn't he?...Which means, basically, he will put his name on almost ANYTHING ...take the check and run Tobe!

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 05:45 AM
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/130107081617_01072013_chainsaw.jpg

OMG...TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D knocks the HOBBIT from no 1 in the US box office!!!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/life/entertainment/article/290879/19/Texas-Chainsaw-slays-competition-at-the-box-office

LOS ANGELES -- Leatherface has chainsawed The Hobbit off his box-office perch.
The latest sequel in the bloody film series, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D, reaped $23 million in its first weekend, according to studio estimates, knocking the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy down to third place with $17.5 million in its fourth week.

The Silly Swede
01-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Chainsaws > midgets.

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
midgets < chainsaws < midgets with chainsaws....

Alex K.
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
What about Midgets with Chainsaws?

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 07:53 PM
What about Midgets with Chainsaws?

Would LOVE to see this movie.....

Unfortunately in today's society, the word "chainsaw" would be edited out...and the word "midgets" changed to something like "height challenged people".....

So teh movie featuring midgets wielding chainsaws would become "height challenged people".....Would YOU go se it on the strength of that title?

Alex K.
01-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Welp, time to eat my hat. Easily the 2nd worst film in the franchise. Starts out pretty decently, then not only succumbs to the usual problems of today's horror films but descends into complete nonsensical idiocy that make the old 80's shit look like the masterworks of Von Trier, Jarmusch, Lynch, and other acclaimed arthouse directors. Yes, that bad.

Problem here is that they tried to do something different and also transform Leatherface into a kind of anti-hero. And absolutely failed. Yes, the final girl discovers she's a relative of Leatherface, and because of her birthmark he becomes her protector against the town's corrupt rednecks. She of course accepts this even though Leatherface is a serial killer and murdered all of her friends only just recently...

While not as dumb as Part 4's Illuminati conspiracy it is pretty fucking close. Only redeeming qualities being bits of good gore and the guy playing Leatherface was one of the better Leatherface actors.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise tier list:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Prequel to the remake
Remake
Texas Chainsaw 3D
Part 4

sukebanboy
01-11-2013, 05:51 AM
transform Leatherface into a kind of anti-hero. And absolutely failed. Yes, the final girl discovers she's a relative of Leatherface, and because of her birthmark he becomes her protector against the town's corrupt rednecks. She of course accepts this even though Leatherface is a serial killer and murdered all of her friends only just recently...

Sounds dumb they way they have done it....but I think the central idea COULD have been cool...but of course the fact that he murders all her friends first kinda spoils it a bit!!!

I can get the idea of Leatherface acting as a kind of "guardian" to a member of his family (as he did in the other movies)...just they went about it wrong....

Oh well...next!

Randy G
01-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Wow, what a terrible idea. Still love that this killed The Hobbit at the box office.

sukebanboy
01-12-2013, 08:41 AM
Wow, what a terrible idea.

Like i said, it has the MAKINGS of an interesting story.....

LEATHERFACE is a bit simple...but in all the movies he protects and follows his family.....So if he found out this girl is part of his family, surely he would want to protect her (like he did with STRETCH in part 2)...so i can understand HIS thinking...the girl who accepts this from a masked maniac who killed all her friends is a bit much though!!:biggrin:

As this one is No. 1 in the Box Office now, i will encourage much more people to watch it.....they could make a LOT of money from this one....

Shame, didn't see it on the OSCARS announcement list though!:pissed:

Ian Jane
02-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Press release!

The frightening follow-up to the iconic horror phenomenon Texas Chainsaw arrives on Blu-ray, DVD, Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View May 14 with an Early Digital Window Beginning April 30 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.

The pulse-pounding horror film, Texas Chainsaw,arrives on 3D/2D Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 14from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Texas Chainsaw will also be available for Digital Download on April 30, three weeks prior to the Blu-ray, DVD and Video on Demand release. The film stars Alexandra Daddario (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief), Dan Yeager (Metal Heads), Tremaine 'Trey Songz' Neverson (GRAMMY® nominated R&B International superstar), Tania Raymonde (TV's "Malcolm in the Middle," TV's "Lost"), Shaun Sipos (The Grudge 2, Final Destination 2), Keram Malicki-Sanchez (American History X), James MacDonald (Phone Booth), Thom Barry (TV's "Cold Case"), Paul Rae (True Grit) and Richard Riehle (Office Space). Also featuring special appearances from four beloved cast members from previous installments of the franchise: Gunnar Hansen (the original Leatherface), Marilyn Burns, John Dugan and Bill Moseley, Texas Chainsaw carries on the legacy of the shocking film, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, 39 years later.

Texas Chainsaw continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper's 1974 horror classic left off. In Newt, Texas, people have been going missing without a trace for decades. Years later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young girl, Heather (Daddario), discovers that she has inherited a sprawling Texas estate from an unknown grandmother. To claim her estate, Heather goes on a road trip with her friends to Newt, but learns that wealth comes at a price when she discovers the horror that waits in the cellar of her new mansion.

The Blu-ray and DVD features extensive bonus materials including audio commentaries, a look back at the history of the Texas Chainsaw series, exclusive interviews with the film's director, producer and writers plus multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes. Texas Chainsaw will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
-Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
-Special "Chainsaw Alumni" audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
-"Texas Chainsaw Legacy" featurette - A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
-"Resurrecting The Saw" featurette - A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
-"The Old Homestead" featurette - A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
-"Casting Terror" featurette - Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Kyle Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
-"Leatherface 2013" featurette - An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface's costume, mask and signature chainsaw
-"Lights, Camera, Mayhem" featurette - A look at the film's 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
-"It's in the Meat" featurette - An detailed look at the film's grisly special make-up effects with Make-Up Effects Supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and Make-Up Artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
-On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres
--Burning Down The House
--Trapped in the Van
--Carnival Time
--Leatherface In Action
--Hot Times In Louisiana
--Bloody Good Times

*Subject to change

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Street Date: May 14, 2013

Price: $ 39.99 Blu-ray / $29.95 DVD

Title Copyright: Texas Chainsaw © 2013 Twisted Chainsaw Properties, Inc. and Nu Image, Inc. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Rating: Rated R for strong grisly violence and language throughout

Run Time: 92 minutes
Type: Theatrical Release
Genre: Horror
Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
DVD Format: 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 5.1 DTS Master Audio and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD Audio Status: English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

sukebanboy
03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Still building up the courage to watch this one!!:biggrin:

Wllm Clys
03-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Maybe I'll go see this when it hits Belgium, but I don't know if I want to spend money on something I'll probably find boring modern tripe :)

sukebanboy
03-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Maybe I'll go see this when it hits Belgium, but I don't know if I want to spend money on something I'll probably find boring modern tripe :)

LOL...Right there with ya in these sentiments!!

Don't mind wasting the money on a ticket...but the time wasted and the boredom felt while watching said movies can never be replaced.....:down:

Ian Jane
04-23-2013, 10:10 AM
According to Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/65895/texas-chainsaw-unrated-only-available-digital-download) the unrated version is being released only via digital download.

Yuck.

Newt Cox
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
According to Dread Central (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/65895/texas-chainsaw-unrated-only-available-digital-download) the unrated version is being released only via digital download.

Yuck.

That is some crap. I want to see the unrated version,but do not do digital downloads.

sukebanboy
04-24-2013, 05:52 AM
That is some crap.

that will also probably be your review of the movie after you have seen it I think!

Ian Jane
04-24-2013, 08:50 AM
That is some crap. I want to see the unrated version,but do not do digital downloads.

Same here. It's kind of insulting to the customer base, actually.

sukebanboy
04-24-2013, 08:53 AM

No more insulting than making ANOTHER crap sequel / reboot for the Chainsaw fans!!

Andrew Monroe
05-18-2013, 12:01 PM

No, the real insult is the film. Hahaha, what a fucking piece of tripe this is! What they did to Leatherface in this film is disgraceful. It's made even more insulting by them having the nerve to show clips from the original in the opening credits, it's like saying, okay here is the real deal now bend over and take our film sucker! If you are intent on watching this I recommend having a large amount of grain alcohol handy, believe me, you'll need it. UGH.

Ian Jane
05-18-2013, 12:06 PM
That bad? I'll wait until it hits the $10 or under section on Blu then. It's kind of a whole in my TCM collection, so the idiot collector inside me needs it.

Alex K.
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Just curious; what did you think of Part 4, Ian? Because Chainsaw 3D comes awfully close to being as bad.

Andrew Monroe
05-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Yep, it's that bad...no scratch that, it's WORSE! I ain't kidding or exaggerating in reference to what Leatherface does in this, it's not a slap in the face it's a combat boot in the balls. He starts out as the villain and then...well it isn't pretty.

If you twist my arm I guess I'll say it has some decent gore even in the cut version but that's really looking hard for the silver lining.

Alex K.
05-18-2013, 12:18 PM
I'd say 4 is worse just because of it being a pseudo-remake, terrible pacing, a plot that goes nowhere fast and completely neuters Leatherface as a threat. When you have Renee Zelwegger (I'm not looking her name up on Google to spell it right) just tell Leatherface to sit down and he does so right away. There is no way you can see that character as anything but a joke at that point. That's actually worse than Busta Rhymes beating the shit out of Michael Myers in Halloween 8.

The whole Illuminati thing could have been interesting but just came off as a half-baked idea that went nowhere.

Ian Jane
05-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Yeah, wasn't a fan of 4 at all. I can't not be curious about this one though. You know what they say about a fool and his money...

Newt Cox
05-19-2013, 10:26 AM
I just watched it last night and enjoyed it . Way better than 4. Not a great film but nearly as bad as I kept hearing.

Ashbee
05-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Hmmm. I will risk a flaming by saying I enjoyed this film on some bizarre level. Part I is easily one of my favourite films of all time. I even teach it. This new one...I don't know. I laughed throughout, making fun, couldn't believe how bad it was...and then something weird happened and I started being drawn to it. At the same time, I am aware it is absurd and kind of an insult.

sukebanboy
05-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Well...it was gory i suppose...but as soon as it hits the fairground sequence (about 40 mins in) from then on it just gets progressively worse.....until the last twenty minutes when I couldnt believe they actually thought this was worth doing......and dont even MENTION the after credits sequence!!!

I was prepared to give this one a fair chance, and for a short while though it was entertaining enough (even if the guy who plays Leatherface is constantly trying to make me hate the film with his portrayal)....It was gory...They tried to keep the bits in Leatherface's lair like the original (like when he is cutting people up)...Both the HOOk and the FRIDGE make an appearance from the first movie ,Leatherface was chasing people and waving his chainsaw and it LOOKED like it might at least be a movie i could sit through without feeling pissed off... ..but it is just impossible with the direction they finally take the story.....

Oh, and another thing that pissed me off immensely...If you look closely at the clips form the original chainsaw at the beginning ( the kills) ...you can see they digitally added Bill Moseley as the Cook into the old footage...Thus erasing Jim Siedow from it.....

Both Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel put their names on this...and even the original Leatherface Gunnar Hansen is in it...They should all be ashamed of themselves.....

I dont want to spoil anything, but in the slaughterhouse, the lead girl shouts something at Leatherface and...it was at that moment my hope completely gave out.....it was so dumb....and insulting....

so, it seems like they have messed up the franchise again after a moderatley sucessful reboot with teh previous two entries...back to the old drawing board!!!

Alex K.
05-19-2013, 12:23 PM
The final girl say's something like "Go get 'em cuz!" right?

sukebanboy
05-19-2013, 11:37 PM
The final girl say's something like "Go get 'em cuz!" right?

I think it was closer to "Go do your stuff Cuz"

Whatever it was it left me baffled as to who could possibly know the Chainsaw franchise (as the filmakers obviously do coz they recreate some similar scenes and a few bits of the movie are actually effective) and then write crap like that????

I think I hate this film more than the other sequels / reboots because it COULD have been entertaining.....They were KIND OF on the right track, they had SOME good stuff in there amongst the drivel and large Plot Holes....Which was more frustrating than a "WTF WAS THAT?" Chainsaw 4 kind of way.....because that was just irredeemable:biggrin:

The portrayal of Leatherface was a joke too...was supposed to have the intelligence of an eight year old....but didnt portray it very well..Mask was shit, you actually saw some of his FACE in a mirror when he put the mask on and his reactions were a little...off.......They DID try to make his story/survival make sense..but too many plot holes....

Ian Jane
07-29-2014, 09:20 AM
So Lionsgate may be working on a follow up to this, but it's gonna be a prequel?

Leatherface: The Teenage Years.

Or so says Bloody Disgusting. (http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3305517/leatherfaces-puberty-new-texas-chainsaw-details-exclusive/)

sukebanboy
07-29-2014, 12:33 PM
I dont think he was supposed to be a teenager in the first flick was he????

But they say this new one might happen between Hoopers first flick and the 3D garbage....

At this stage I have to say "Yeah...keep em coming" because the shark has long since jumped ship on this series...and lets see just HOW the mess each sucessive one up!!

slizwiz
07-29-2014, 12:35 PM
I really enjoyed Texas Chainsaw 3D. I didn't like the slasher-fodder characters that much but the movie was good times for this guy.

sukebanboy
07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
I really enjoyed Texas Chainsaw 3D. I didn't like the slasher-fodder characters that much but the movie was good times for this guy.

Even the "twist" at the end?????

slizwiz
07-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Ha! I did!

sukebanboy
07-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Ha! I did!

Haha,,,you are a sick man Slizwiz!!!:funny:

Wernski
07-31-2014, 11:17 PM
Have you guys watched Butcher Boys? It's Kim Henkel's script for what was meant to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5. So the Leatherface character isn't called "Leatherface," but otherwise it's the fifth film, even continuing the Illuminati stuff set-up in part 4. Its budget shows and the beginning is slow, but it's totally insane and definitely a satisfying follow-up if you liked part 4. It's also packed with cameos by cast members of the original series. It was only released on DVD (and streaming) here in the US, but it's out on blu in Germany.

sukebanboy
08-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Have you guys watched Butcher Boys? It's Kim Henkel's script for what was meant to be Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5. So the Leatherface character isn't called "Leatherface," but otherwise it's the fifth film, even continuing the Illuminati stuff set-up in part 4. Its budget shows and the beginning is slow, but it's totally insane and definitely a satisfying follow-up if you liked part 4. It's also packed with cameos by cast members of the original series. It was only released on DVD (and streaming) here in the US, but it's out on blu in Germany.

my thread...
http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/showthread.php?6453-butcher-Boys-(2012-Kim-Henkel)&highlight=butcher+boys

In the last 15 mins it even manages to turn into a over the top comedy, featuring street chases in broad daylight, rocket launchers and heroic Mexicans......

Yep saw it......I never knew it was supposed to be CHAINSAW 5...And while I was watching I was thinking" shit, this Henkel guy cant write ANYTHING without it being a spin in CHAINSAW!!!:funny:

It wasnt directed by Henkel, and very low budget, so it looks more like a FAN FILM to the original chainsaw as there is very little dialogue and chase scenes that go on forever...The cameos are usually someone dodging the killers....Its not a very polished or cohesive movie...but the ROCKET LAUNCHER SCENE and THE HEROIC HISPANIC are worth watching it for!!

Wernski
08-02-2014, 05:38 AM
I loved the girl's father who strips to his underwear and holster and literally butters up his entire body so he can fit through the crack in the wall to enter the killers' lair and save her. :biggrin:

sukebanboy
08-06-2014, 12:36 AM
I loved the girl's father who strips to his underwear and holster and literally butters up his entire body so he can fit through the crack in the wall to enter the killers' lair and save her. :biggrin:

Something you just dont SEE everyday................:cool:

Ian Jane
11-11-2019, 10:07 AM
There's a German Blu-ray mediabook release coming out 11/22 that has the 2003 and 2013 films in it.

I don't need it personally, but I do like the cover art.

Alex K.
11-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Do you guys think it's possible to do a GOOD TCM sequel? I have my own ideas but I'm curious. I think the only way to make a proper followup to the first film is by (1) not trying to remake or re-do the same premise and (2) playing up the bizarre element of the franchise.

agent999
11-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Do you guys think it's possible to do a GOOD TCM sequel? I have my own ideas but I'm curious. I think the only way to make a proper followup to the first film is by (1) not trying to remake or re-do the same premise and (2) playing up the bizarre element of the franchise.

I just think that you're fucked following the original. Some of what made that a classic was just random circumstance, never to be repeated.

Yeah, I like TCM2, but its charms took a while to work on me. They tried something different last time but it didn't really work. I actually enjoyed it. A bit. Sort of. I have it, but then I have them all.

Alex K.
11-12-2019, 09:32 AM
I thought the last one, the Leatherface prequel, was pretty good. It was has little to do with the franchise but works a lot better if you approach it as a road movie.