PDA

View Full Version : Three New Giallo Four Packs From Pop Flix?

Ian Jane
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
By way of Love, Lock And Load (http://www.lovelockandload.com)...

These are all due two disc sets due in November.

Killers On The Loose Collection:
The Red Queen Kills 7 Times
The Fifth Chord
Seven Notes In Black
Don't Torture A Duckling

Deadly Fiends Collection:
The Case Of The Bloody Iris
Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have the Key
Death Laid An Egg
The Dark Is Death's Friend

Blood Red Nights Collection:
Deep Red
Cat O' Nine Tails
Seven Blood Stained Orchids
Short Night Of The Glass Dolls

Ian Jane
09-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Interesting selection of titles there. I'd guess some of these are not properly licensed, but what do I know. I have the AB/BU/No Shame releases of all of them but The Dark Is Death's Friend is new to DVD I think? If the price is right, I might snag that set just to get that title.

Ian Jane
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Interesting selection of titles there. I'd guess some of these are not properly licensed, but what do I know. I have the AB/BU/No Shame releases of all of them but The Dark Is Death's Friend is new to DVD I think? If the price is right, I might snag that set just to get that title.

Actually, it looks like The Dark Is Death's Friend is a retitling for The Killer Must Kill Again. So it seems every single one of these titles has had a legit release.

Apronikoff
09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Has there been a legit release of Death Laid an Egg, other than the Japanese one?

Ian Jane
09-07-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't think so but there have been some less than legitimate ones - I'll assume this will be another.

Terry C
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Any word on what type of quality product Pop Flix puts out?

I assume not that good seeing as these looks like to be budget releases, but who knows? Some companies have just flat out stolen transfers before...

Andrew Monroe
09-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Their spaghetti western and Italian crime sets are usually letterboxed (non-anamorphic) and compressed.

Paul L
09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Has there been a legit release of Death Laid an Egg, other than the Japanese one?

There's an Italian DVD, which reputedly contains a slightly different cut of the film but isn't English-friendly:
http://www.amazon.it/La-Morte-Ha-Fatto-LUovo/dp/B004O6AD3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347056209&sr=8-1

Richard--W
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM
These collections are for people who don't have any Giallos.

I have these films already except for DEATH LAID AN EGG. That film is the only reason to buy the "Deadly Friends" collection.

If only they had included the Ercoli "Death" films, I still need those.

But I will wait for a review to find out if the film is cut or time-compressed.