PDA

View Full Version : German BD of Immoral Tales (Borowczyk)

Apronikoff
09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Has anyone picked up (or seen reviews/screenshots) of the German blu-ray release (http://www.amazon.de/Unmoralische-Geschichten-Blu-ray-Special-Edition/dp/B005K2LO80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348201303&sr=8-1) of Borowczyk's Immoral Tales?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/813R7eAmhIL._AA1500_.jpg

Unfortunately it's not English friendly, but given that I haven't heard so much as a peep about anyone else putting out any Borowczyk on blu-ray I'd consider splurging anyway if I knew the quality of the video...

Ian Jane
09-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Cult Epics is supposedly putting out Le Bete some day.

No input on the German disc, but what a beautiful cover.

Wllm Clys
09-22-2012, 04:31 AM
This film is amazing. La BĂȘte, IntĂ©rieur d'un Couvent, Contes Immoraux, ... Borowczyk is the man!

Ian Jane
09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Agreed, and his stuff is generally beautifully made. I'd love to see more of his stuff come out on Blu-ray, it would look fantastic if the transfers were done right.

Apronikoff
09-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Agreed, and his stuff is generally beautifully made. I'd love to see more of his stuff come out on Blu-ray, it would look fantastic if the transfers were done right.

Yeah. Borowczyk is one of my favorites, and probably the director I'm most anxious for a blu-ray debut from. Hopefully Cult Epics comes through with a Beast blu-ray (and hopefully they don't fuck it up the way they did with the special edition DVD)

Wllm Clys
09-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Which fuck up are you talking about? The subtitles on my DVD are awful. Luckily, my French is decent :)

Apronikoff
09-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Which fuck up are you talking about? The subtitles on my DVD are awful. Luckily, my French is decent :)

That's the one...they go out of sync/disappear a few minutes in...and once you've been listening to the French track, you just can't bring yourself to deal with the English dub. Unfortunately, my French is not quite good enough in this case...so my expensive three disc SE just sits on my shelf unwatched.