PDA

View Full Version : These punker rockers need to cool it!

Toyboy
09-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Apparently guitar player of the punker band Green Day Billy Joel busted his instrument on stage a few days ago. This is really pushing it, in my opinion. It was part of an internet festival and I can only assume that children and teenagers saw this. He also used bad language.

Do we need this in our music? The punk movement that's sweeping the US and the UK right now is a disgrace.

Toyboy
09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Update - looks like Mr. Joel has learned his lesson and is seeking help: http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/billie-joe-armstrong-rehab-meltdown-205811862.html

sukebanboy
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Having myself frequented numerous "rock" "punk" "pop" and other concerts over the years, i have to say that this was THE most shocking behaviour i have ever seen at a concert and the singer, Billy Bob Joel needs to be taught a lesson.....

...Why he must have said HALF A DOZEN BAD WORDS AND SMASHED HIS GUITAR...where DO these people get the ideas from??....America is doomed!!

I suggest his record label drops him, we demonstrate outside their offices and refuse to buy his or his "band's " merchandise....

He should be banned from TV and his image erased from the internet....

Right to your senator or MP and let them know that this kind of behaviour will NOT be tolerated in today's society...

All the other morally decent, stand up and well behaved rockers should unite against this grotesque abhorration..

stand up and make a stand now or our kids will all be affected by this outrageous outburst....

(and to think they have a new CD to promote and then they go and spoil it all with this negative publicity!!!!...Talk about blowing your career!!)

Horace Cordier
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
In later developments, Pete Townsend's ghost from 1969 called and wants his act back.

Robert W
09-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I concur! The next thing you know there will be kids jumping off the stage back into the crowd.

Barry M
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Update and correction: Billy Joel Royal is not (repeat NOT) fucking Justin Bieber. I hate how this sort of thing gets blown out of proportion on the internet. Sheesh.

bgart13
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Wow. I am... shocked. Man, I thought things got out of hand at a show when a double-ended dildo started getting thrown at people. This "Green Day" act needs to lighten up a little. Won't anybody think about the children?

Ok, on a serious note though, things like this and the reactions in the reports about Lady Gaga smoking up on stage last week are becoming a little alarming to me. I grew up during the 80's and can't help but think we're going to end up hearing from Tipper and the PMRC again soon -- and that's actually some scary shit.

Travis Sheldon
09-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Fuck Billy Joe in his wanna-Bieber ass, Taz should have dropped him on his head 20 years ago.

Ian Jane
09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I saw Green Day open for Bad Religion around the time Kerplunk came out. They were fun then.

Andrew Monroe
09-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Billy Joe has a cameo in that new CBGB movie, he plays a piss stain on the men's room floor.

Ian Jane
09-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Hopefully it's Rupert Grint's piss stain.

Mark Tolch
09-25-2012, 12:48 PM
In related news, the band has issued an apology, admitted that Green Day were NOT cut short, and that Billy Joe is off to rehab.

In other words, Billy Joe is a stupid cokehead who doesn't realize the irony of yelling that he's not a sellout at a complete sellout gig. They were interesting until Dookie. Didn't care after that.

Horace Cordier
09-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Finally reached in the Rock N' Roll afterlife bar, Keith Moon, piss blind drunk on the floor and in the process of feeling up best mate Oliver Reed's leg had a this brief comment: "Bleedin' wanker".

The 2 Joes - Strumner and Ramone - could not be reached for comment however. They were busy doing drugs in the ladies' room and attempting to talk to Sid Vicious in sign language.

Ian Jane
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
You'll all be relieved to know that Alanis Morisette has come to Billy Joe Armstrong's defence!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/alanis-morisette-defends-billie-joe-374969

Horace Cordier
09-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh Christ.

Barry M
09-29-2012, 10:28 AM
The "FREE B.J." t-shirt was a nice touch.

Paul Casey
09-29-2012, 12:09 PM
*I'm pretty non-existent these days...free publicity*

I heard that Whoopi said that it wasn't a "breakdown breakdown."

Paul Casey
09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/26/news/trevor-dunn-on-green-day-singer-that-guys-main-problem-is-that-he-doesnt-realize-that-he-is-justin-bieber/

paul h.
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Finally getting some help. It's been a really looonng downhill slide for this guy...

http://youtu.be/KAJD0n_TnX8