PDA

View Full Version : THE MUMMY reboot

sukebanboy
09-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Just read, LEN WISEMAN (yes teh same guy who just made TOTAL RECALL a flop remake!!) is set to reboot THE MUMMY series...

Taking it a bit darker and away from the adventure style (and FAR away from Brendan Fraser I hope!!)...well, thats what they say....

Personally I am GLAD he is doing it...It will keep him away from any DECENT movie for the next 6 or so months....In fact, keep him busy and let him make a TRILOGY of the things....

I am all for keeping crap, talentless bland directors busy on crap, soulless movies.....:funny:

Ian Jane
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
This WILL probably wind up crap and soulless, as you say. But... darker is a good thing when it comes to monster movies. And The Mummy movies should be made as monster movies, not Indiana Jones knock offs.

sukebanboy
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Do you REALLY trust LEN WISEMAN to make it darker in the way that we want it to be????

There is obviously a GREAT Mummy movie that COULD be made.....but it aint gonna happen here....This one wil be FULL of CGI....and his wife is gonna be main lead probably...

(Hey, just noticed that crap, soulless , bland directors often use their wives as main lead....RESIDENT EVIL......UNDERWORLD........LORD OF SALEM....)

Alex K.
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Not interested unless they dust off Clive Barker's old treatment.

Marshall Crist
09-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Might as well merge this with the "DVDs/Blu-rays I don't ever want" thread.

Ian Jane
09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Do you REALLY trust LEN WISEMAN to make it darker in the way that we want it to be????

No, not in the least.

Ian Jane
10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Huh. I guess this is still sort of happening but now with a female mummy?

"But with the company looking to restart the series, word comes from The Hollywood Reporter that the next mummy may be a woman. According to their story, director Alex Kurtzman and writer Jon Spaihts are going into the casting process gender-blind, with two story outlines in place until the part is cast."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/14/universal-open-to-a-female-mummy-in-new-series-reboot/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

sukebanboy
10-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Does it really make that mjch diference to the story if it is a male or female Mummy????
I fear they are already beciming distracted by useless debates rather than making a good movie

The Silly Swede
10-14-2015, 05:57 PM
I never saw the originals, but Len Wiseman attached to this makes it certain I will never see this either. How considerate of them.

sukebanboy
10-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Seems like Alex Kurtzman is the director behind this new one now Swede...you should know he wrote the screenplats for a couple of Transformers movies..Cowboys and Aliens..the new Srar Treks..only directed one film though...some drama with Chris Pine...

The Silly Swede
10-15-2015, 05:26 AM
He seems like an equally shitty choice.

Ian Jane
04-03-2017, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh9CTiE1rQ4

John Bernhard
04-03-2017, 10:18 AM
Saw more than enough in the first 5 seconds for me to to shut it off.
No way I could tolerate this garbage.