PDA

View Full Version : Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft Coming To DVD 1/22/2013

Ian Jane
10-29-2012, 05:29 PM
From Lionsgate's press release:

Prepare for a dark modern day twist in this fairytale remake, Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft arrives on DVD, Digital Download and On Demand January 22 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Booboo Stewart of The Twilight Saga franchise and his sister Fivel Stewart discover their magical legacy in this updated, dark fairytale, directed by David DeCoteau (The Puppetmaster) and also starring Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight). The Hansel & Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft DVD includes an audio commentary with the director and cast members and will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.98.

Jonah and Ella Mazer (Hansel and Gretel) were happy, normal teenagers sent to an elite boarding school. The Head Master, Sebastian, seems to know more about the brother and sister than they know about themselves. As both get to know their high school classmates, strange and frightening things begin to happen. When their new friends explain that they are all descendant from powerful witches and that they've been waiting for Hansel and Gretel to join them and complete a new generation of the coven, both refuse to believe them. It's not until Hansel discovers a message from his mother in an old leather-bound book of spells hidden in the school library, that he understands their true and dangerous destiny - slaying witches.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
-Audio commentary with Director David DeCoteau and Actors Booboo and Fivel Stewart
-Stills Gallery

*Subject to change

CAST:
Fivel Stewart Pit Fighter, TV's "Dante's Cove"
Booboo Stewart The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Eric Roberts The Dark Knight, The Expendables, TV's "Heroes"
Vanessa Angel Hall Pass, Weird Science, Kingpin, Cougar Hunting
Judy Norton TV's "The Waltons," A Twist of Faith
Cherie Currie Foxes, Parasite, Rich Girl, Wavelength

PROGRAM INFORMATION:
Year of Production: 2012
Title Copyright: © 2013 Hybrid, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Home Entertainment Premiere
Rating: PG-13 for some violence
Genre:Horror, Adventure, Fantasy
Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: Spanish
Format: 16x9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
Feature Running Time: 90 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Stereo

Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaS8UjKCac&feature=youtu.be

sukebanboy
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
You had me there for a minute Mr Jane!!!

But then I realised this bit...

with Director David DeCoteau

and realised he could have NEVER made the film that you posted the trailer too......then I noticed that the trailer was obviously THE WRONG MOVIE...

come on Mr Jane...you are slipping!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Ian Jane
10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah I'm confused now. That trailer is for this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1428538/

Which goes by the alternate title of Hansel & Gretel: Warriors Of Witchcraft, same as this one that Lionsgate is putting out which is linked here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2381962/

Sneaky!

sukebanboy
10-30-2012, 08:13 PM
After watching a couple of David Decoteau movies....there is no way he would stir up a budget that size!!!..(or make a movie even half as exciting!!)....

For example, here is the last one I was slightly interestd in seeing form the trailer..then I had to FFWD through...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKNfQmOdxM&playnext=1&list=PL565BA51B24FC6597&feature=results_video

(I should have known though...he makes soft-score gay flicks these days (as even this one was)..he even made a gay guy version of TWIGLIGHT called BROTHERHOOD)

But then again, he has got a couple of big stars in this one... though I wonder how much screen time Mr Roberts actually has in the movie!!!

Ian Jane
10-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I liked what he did with Puppet Master, I don't know if I've seen any of his other movies.

sukebanboy
10-31-2012, 10:53 PM
I liked what he did with Puppet Master, I don't know if I've seen any of his other movies.

Those c\ool , fun movies he did like Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama ,Creepozoids , Lady Avenger were a LONG time ago.......

Though I DID notice he did the 2010 puppetmaster flic AXIS OF EVIL ( I never saw it).....

i also noticed ERIC ROBERTS is working with him a lot these days....shame he never made it bigger star...even his role in EXPENDABLES didnt do him many favours if he resorts to THESE kinds of movies!!