PDA

View Full Version : The Last Exorcism 2

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 05:30 AM
LOL!

Something wrong with the title I think......can't be a SECOND Last Exorcism...That means the first one wasn't the last one after all!!!

They lied!!!

Anyhow, here is the trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIGjwEMxLc

Never saw the first part...any good?

Anyone excited for this one????

Andrew Monroe
01-09-2013, 08:49 AM
Never saw the first one - these modern possession films don't have much appeal for me...they never seem the slightest bit creepy, at least from the trailers. Lots of screaming though.

You're right though, sb, they should have called the first film THE NEXT TO LAST EXORCISM.

Mark Tolch
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM
SECOND BLOOD: LAST EXORCISM PART II.

I thought that the first one was swell right up until the ending. I HATED the ending. HATED it. I know some people agree, and some people disagree, but that end was dumb.

sukebanboy
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
ANOTHER LAST EXORCISM would maybe have given the wrong impression of the film if they had used it....

REALLY THE LAST EXORCISM or MAYBE THE LAST EXORCISM would maybe have been better titles!

Gary Banks
01-10-2013, 02:12 PM
I liked The Last Exorcism but it seemed one and done to me. But I guess it is "Fuck Ya Here's Another Exorcism".

bgart13
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I agree with Mark -- the end was dumb. Felt desperate to me. This one? Ehhh... Guess they've dropped the fake documentary style of the first one, so why even make this a sequel? Why not just make a new exorcism story?

Richard--W
01-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Maybe THE LAST EXORCISM didn't really end because PART 2 will pick up moments before it supposedly ended?

I'm grasping here as I didn't see THE LAST EXORCISM. But I wanted to.

The posters for PART 2 and the trailer are in theaters now.

Ian Jane
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
There's a shorter trailer available as of earlier today on Bloody Disgusting.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3213624/get-possessed-by-a-second-shorter-trailer-for-the-last-exorcism-part-ii/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm a sucker for possession movies and will probably wind up seeing this.

Randy G
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
I liked the first one, the ending didn't bother me but I can see how many don't like it.

Ian Jane
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM
I kinda dig the poster for this. It's all upside down and stuff.

Also, this (http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a458551/the-last-exorcism-part-ii-trailer-eli-roth-produces-horror-sequel.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter) may be of interest to some:

"The sequel follows Nell Sweetzer (Ashley Bell) as she attempts to build a new life in New Orleans following the events of the previous movie. However, the demonic forces that possessed her return to inflict more trauma.

The Last Exorcism Part II will dispense with the found footage format of the first film."

Torstein Karlsen
02-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Didn't like the first one, so skipping this.

sukebanboy
02-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Didn't like the first one, so skipping this.

Once bitten....twice shy huh???

I don't like being bitten in the first place...So avoided the first one too!:biggrin:

Ian Jane
04-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Just announced (http://bloody-disgusting.com/) - DVD/Blu-ray 6/18/13 from Lionsgate.

Special Features:

Commentary featuring Directors Ed Gass-Donnelly and Eli Roth
Three featurettes:
- Hair Salon Scare – The Last Exorcism Part II goes Viral – Unsuspecting customers at a beauty salon are given a frightening surprise when a haunting image of a Nell look alike stares back at them from their mirror.
- Nell’s Story — Ashley Bell gives fans a glimpse at what they can expect in the continuation of the story started in The Last Exorcism.
- Shooting in New Orleans — Producer Eli Roth and Ashley Bell discuss why shooting the film in New Orleans was the perfect backdrop for the movie. According to Roth, “There is something very haunting about the place. As much as it is beautiful, it is also very scary… the culture of voodoo is alive and well there.”

Ashbee
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Finally watched this. The first film impressed me, and I am glad Bell returned. She is pretty great. Alas, after a fairly strong start, the film starts to become repetitive. Oh well. Great NOLA settings though!

Mark Tolch
06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
This one isn't great, but (yeah, girlfriend roped me into seeing it) it's way better than the first one...despite the repetition. Some good scenery as Ashbee pointed out. We're going there in a couple of weeks, too (excited)

Ashbee
06-12-2013, 07:26 PM
^ It's a wonderful, rowdy, beautiful, romantic, haunting, unique city. Enjoy yourselves!

I have to say, for me there is simply no comparison re: part 1 vs. part 2. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.