PDA

View Full Version : Now it's GREMLINS Remake / Reboot time!

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Seriously Spielberg....either STOP THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW......or get JOE DANTE back again...

The LAST thing we need is CGI Gremlins running about in a totally unnecessary sequel / reboot....

And I guess the slow, steady pace of the original (you know, with slow build up and good storytelling) will be out the window!!!

Also I guess the SANTA speech wil be cut this time!!

Our sources tell us that, in keeping with Hollywood’s mandated pop culture recycling program, Warner Bros. Pictures is negotiating with Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment to reboot their 1984 horror comedy, Gremlins.
We’re also told negotiations of this sort have happened several times over the years, but making Spielberg’s deal always proved too daunting a financial prospect and his involvement might simply be a requirement for making the film at all, so don’t hold your breath. Having said all of that, our sources tell us that it might just actually come off this time. This wouldn’t be something Spielberg would direct, of course – he only executive produced the original, with Joe Dante behind the camera – but it never hurts to have the Great Man’s name on your project. A Spielberg spokesman said that the appropriate executives were not available for comment. We’ll keep you updated…

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/warner-bros-looking-to-breed-gremlins-again-reboot.html?utm_source=%3Fmid%3Dtwitter_vulture&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nymag%2Fvulture+%28Vulture+-+nymag.com%27s+Entertainment+and+Culture+Blog%29

The Silly Swede
01-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Fuck you hollywood! FUCK YOU!!! HARD!!! IN THE ASS!!!!

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 08:56 AM
A) Spielberg is not the great man
B) Just watched the original with my daughter, and she loved it. Why do we need a remake?

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 09:02 AM
How old is your daughter Mark?.....Did you FFWD the Santa speech bit????:biggrin:

I agree the movie still holds up very well...because it has a GOOD STORY and CHARACTERS you care about....Even the GREMLINS had good characters!!

Part 2 was good too...just in a Looney Tunes Cartoony kind of way!!

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 09:08 AM
She saw it when she was 7 the first time, and I think i distracted her during the speech. Watched it again at Christmas and didn't bother.

Truthfully, the biggest problem we had when she saw it at a younger age was a little bit of scaredness over the hypodermic needle scene and some of the later stuff with Spike, and the fact that she started saying, "Holy Christ!!" when something caught her by surprise. :D

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 09:11 AM
That was the GREAT thing about it though...It was a CHRISTMAS story that was NOT afraid to get scary and mean spirited...back when movies had the BALLS to do it..not to pander to ALL kids as babies...Give them a bit of a fright!!!

Imagine how sanitised and safe they would make it if it was made today!

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Yeah, i have fond memories of my mom taking me to see it when it opened and being slightly uncomfortable about it the whole time. Man, did i have a crush on Phoebe Cates, and I wouldn't see FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH for another 6 years. :D

Monster Squad, Gremlins, Raiders of the Lost Ark....PG used to be rad.

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Poltergeist, ghostbusters, jaws, twilight zone, temple of doom...the list goes on!!!

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 09:43 AM
HA! I remember my mom would NOT take me to see Temple of Doom. As proof of how dangerous things used to be, they were flipping out on the radio about Temple of Doom and how "one of the people in the film reaches into another man's chest and pulls his heart out!!!! And then lowers him into a pit of lava and you see his skeleton!!!"

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 09:46 AM
They were ALL pretty full on for PG movies at the time....

I specifically remember hiding my eyes in.....

JAWS opening scene with crabs all over the hand on the beach..

POLTERGEIST the dripping flesh scene in the mirror.....

Ian Jane
01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I remember going to see the original in the theater with my dad and my younger sister. I thought it was rad, but then when the Gremlins came, my sister FREAKED out and started crying and my dad pulled us out of the theater. I didn't get around to seeing it all the way through for another ten years or so.

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
It's funny that your sister was such a wuss. Because if you two were to fight now, my money would totally be on her.

Toyboy
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Is y'ur sister named Jane Ians?

The great thing about this remake is that with modern technology they could have 50-75 more gremlins in each scene.

My only question is will these be slow gremlins or fast gremlins...

My only other question is can they get Taylor Lautner to play Anthony, or whatever that guy's name was...

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss341/theprophetchuck/Taylor%20Lautner/lautner.jpg

...can you imagine that hunk battling the undead?

Are gremlins undead or just infected werewolves?

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Dude, his name was BILLY.

"Bye-Bye, BILLY"

Billy PELTZER.

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I am sure they will get Brendan Fraser in for the remake....:nono:

Toyboy
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
That's right, Billy...short for Anthony.

Anthony Billiams.

I'd like to see about 120 ghoulies chasing Bill Anthony up a bell tower and when he rings the bells they turn to stone, just like in part 1.

Toyboy
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Maybe in this one, instead of the dad being an inventor he can be an app developer. At the end when Fuzznard ends up in the toilet Bill can say "There's an app for that.", press a button, and the toilet flushes. THE END!

They could also recreate that scene where Phoebe Snow takes her top off and Judd Reynolds jerks off into the same toilet when she walks in.

"I'm just flushing one of these Ghost Cats!"

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
"Don't you ever fucking KNOCK, Mrs. Deagle????"

Ian Jane
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Maybe in this one, instead of the dad being an inventor he can be an app developer. At the end when Fuzznard ends up in the toilet Bill can say "There's an app for that.", press a button, and the toilet flushes. THE END!

STOP READING MY MIND.

Mark Tolch
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Maybe in this one, instead of the dad being an inventor he can be an app developer.
[/I]

Oh, Oh, and "Mogwai" (tm) is actually an android-like operating system, and the gremlins are viruses!!!!

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Nah...they will just have a Gremlin for every possible minority...and they will get them to work together to create unity in the world rather than fight.....Then they will all take part in the INCLUSION OLYMPICS and we will all shed a tear because if THEY can achieve world peace, so can we!

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Stuff it...I will make my OWN version that is true to the original....I will start a KICKSTARTER page....

Come on guys get donating!!

I already have the SFX sorted out...

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/content/ebiz/wilkinsonplus/invt/fd00282/fd00282_l.jpg

Alex K.
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Could work if they do an entirely different movie and don't bother to follow the original. They could make it a dark little horror flick with black humor or try to make a Loony Toons-styled flick again.

Also, I love Part 2.

sukebanboy
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Could work if they do an entirely different movie and don't bother to follow the original. They could make it a dark little horror flick with black humor or try to make a Loony Toons-styled flick again.

Also, I love Part 2.

Can only do it with JOE DANTE though I think...Don't think any modern popular director could do it justice...

sukebanboy
05-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Well...seems like its going ahead...a wholly CGI remake with the guy who wrote PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES at the helm...

Bloody Disgusting has exclusively learned that Warner Bros. is officially moving ahead with a remake of Amblin’s 1984 Gremlins, instead of the long gestured sequel.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3232653/exclusive-gremlins-reboot-has-seth-grahame-smith-snacking-after-midnight/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

That Seth Green character has made TWO crap movies with Warners so far...all bombed...
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
Dark Shadows

He also has prepped the BEETLEJUICE sequel.........Does he actually HAVE any original ideas at all??????:nono:

Ian Jane
05-13-2013, 09:28 AM
It doesn't seem like it. This does not bode well. The major studios continue to rape my childhood favorites!

sukebanboy
05-13-2013, 09:36 AM
They should leave Gremlins the fuck alone.....and remake CRITTERS instead!!

Or even better MUNCHIES...:biggrin:

Ian Jane
06-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Looks like the original films are getting 4k releases in October.

https://highdefdiscnews.com/2019/06/04/joe-dante-film-gremlins-comes-to-4k-in-october/

Darcy Parker
06-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Nah...they will just have a Gremlin for every possible minority...and they will get them to work together to create unity in the world rather than fight.....Then they will all take part in the INCLUSION OLYMPICS and we will all shed a tear because if THEY can achieve world peace, so can we!

No, the gremlins will all be white males so they can be abused in all kinds of manners without criticism.