PDA

View Full Version : Gross-Out Comedy of the '70s and '80s

Johnny Stickman
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I have a soft spot for toilet humor. Shit, farts, vomit; if it's a bodily function, I'll eat it up and chuckle. Anything that involves beer swigging and sex too. After watching Not Quite Hollywood and seeing clips of the Barry McKenzie flicks, it got me thinking about other raunchy laugh fests from these decades. The 1990s and New Millennium saw their share of low comedy gold so it got me thinking, what did the decades before have to offer? Obviously, there's Animal House and Porky's. Hell, I was thinking of focusing exclusively on the '70s seeing as the '80s were dominated by horny teen pictures. The Groove Tube, Flesh Gordon, Kentucky Fried Movie are other candidates. There's an Animal House knock-off called Frat King that might be right up my alley. Can't forget to mention the Prince of Puke, John Waters. Recommendations or musings on this topic, anyone?

Mark Tolch
01-21-2013, 09:12 AM
You're definitely in the right place if you want to know all about

KING FRAT.

Tom K
01-21-2013, 10:05 AM
The Party Animal

Ian Jane
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
You're definitely in the right place if you want to know all about

KING FRAT.

First goddamn thing that came to mind. Holy shit, a fart contest!

The worst (and somehow best) Animal House rip off of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUE0NeOalQ

Kentucky Fried movie is great but you've already mentioned that. Does Amazon Women On The Moon count? It's 80s and maybe not gross but definitely screwy enough to sort of fit in with some of this stuff.

Mark Tolch
01-21-2013, 10:27 AM
KING FRAT ruined my mind and made me draw mud.

That song will forever be stuck in my head.

Johnny Stickman
01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Amazon Women is one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if it can be considered "gross out." I don't know what makes a film qualify in that category. I assume it's mostly anything to do with humor focused on nudity, toilet humor, and drinking excessively. In that case, a lot of Troma movies fit in nicely. I really want to see King Frat now.

Todd Jordan
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
If it has farts and gas,
I will laugh.
Farts have and will always be
The funniest thing in the world to me.

Alison Jane
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Ian, Mark and Todd love farts. I know this to be true.

Quot
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Farts have and will always be
The funniest thing in the world to me.
Tom K's reco of The Party Animal is the one you want.

Mark Tolch
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Ian, Mark and Todd love farts. I know this to be true.

Heehee!!!!

Ian Jane
01-22-2013, 11:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMLW4s2pBg