PDA

View Full Version : The RICA Movies!

Jason C
01-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Just watched RICA for the first time. Consider my mind blown. It has the same awesome style and music of Toei's PV but with more blood and loaded with nudity. The pace was relentless. It seemed like they fit far more than 90 minutes of insanity into this film. Rika Aoki is no Reiko Ike, but she is fascinating. At times she looks like a pig and others a stunning Amazonian goddess. I love the way she rares back for a punch. The film does have some flaws, but it is a thrill ride.

http://i2.listal.com/image/628350/600full-rika-aoki.jpg

Randy G
01-22-2013, 08:10 AM
I also dug RICA, need to see the sequels as well.

Marshall Crist
01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
This should really go in a separate thread, but I loved RICA. One of the absolute best of the PV films, IMO. Each film in the trilogy is surprisingly different in tone. Didn't care much for the second one. but each is enjoyable. Agree about Aoki's looks.

Ian Jane
01-22-2013, 11:05 AM
I moved these posts out of the Nikkatsu thread and into the Pinky Violence thread and then decided that they should have their own thread, so now they do.

Carry on.

Ian Jane
01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Carry on.

OK, I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiIEsUiJrYY

I have all three of these movies and don't think I've watched the second and third one. I do remember really digging the first movie. I think Aoki is pretty cool looking. Maybe not classically beautiful but definitely interesting to watch on camera.

Also, she will kick you in the head.

And she might be a Republican (HA!).

Scott
01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I have the first one and liked it a lot but for some reason never bothered checking out the follow ups. I think I reached my Pinky Violence saturation point! I also agree with her looks.

Wllm Clys
01-23-2013, 06:15 AM
I loved the first one. I still have to check the other two.

Marshall Crist
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
One other thing I like about these films is Masami Souda, who improbably plays Rika's half-black friend in the first two films and then shows up as a rival (without the blackface makeup) in the third one. She's also great in CRIMINAL WOMAN: KILLING MELODY.

Terry C
01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
And she might be a Republican (HA!).

LMAO!!!

The first one was a bit long winded though I enjoyed it, sometime in the next couple weeks I'll tune into the other two.

Wllm Clys
01-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Just bought the Rica Trilogy DVD box. Can't wait to see part 2 and 3.

Marshall Crist
01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Just bought the Rica Trilogy DVD box. Can't wait to see part 2 and 3.

Looking forward to hearing your reactions.

Jason C
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Just watched RICA 2 LONELY WANDERER. What the hell? It starts off pretty awesome and kept sprinkling in WTF moments so I never found myself getting bored, but when it was over I couldn't help but feel like I had wasted my time. There were no epic fights and where did all of the original's sleaze and nudity go? This one stays more focused on the main plot but that's to its detriment because it's nothing special.

It's really surprising that the same director and writers are responsible for both films. Not looking forward to part 3.

Marshall Crist
03-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Part 3 is a flat-out satire of the genre. Doesn't mean you'll like it, but my fingers are crossed.