PDA

View Full Version : The Andy Sidaris Thread

Ian Jane
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
So last night I cracked open the Mill Creek 12 pack of Andy Sidaris movies and gave Do Or Die a watch. I'd seen plenty of Andy's movies before but not this particular one. Regardless, you kind of know what you're getting into with his movies. I was also drinking while I was watching it... by myself. At any rate, some random observations about Do Or Die that I plunked out on Facebook while I was watching it:

SPOILERS:

-Computer technology in the films of the late, great Andy Sidaris can offer a stunning glimpse into the future. Also, boobs and explosions and copious amounts of Erik Estrada.

-Whoever did the wardrobe in Do Or Die deserves an Oscar. Musical number? Oh yeah! Pat Morita? Damn! Helicopters. A cane that is a rocket launcher. 80s lingerie is great but terrible. Alison is sleeping through this. Her loss, more wine for me.

-Worst Cajun accents ever.

-Pat Morita is rigging the American stock market. He is also skilled in the art of erotic massage. Hear that, ladies?

-There is a lot of Michelob in this movie.

-The Harley turned motorboat in Snake Eater was better than any boat in this movie. Pat Morita just made a boner joke.

-The films of Hitchcock, Welles, Chabrol, Kurosawa, Scorsese, Fellini and many others sit from me a mere three feet from where I lay, and yet I choose Sidaris. Why? Gratuitous nudity, whiskey, explosions.... Bad fashions. Hot tubs. Girls in hot tubs. But mostly because Do Or Die provides the rare opportunity to see Estrada dressed in yellow and brown demonstrating his juggling skills.

-Dirt bikes! My mom did not want me to have a dirt bike as a kid and this movie makes a good case for that. It is all too easy to drive through a window on one and then wind up in a fight with Erik Estrada. Hint... Estrada wins. Every single time. Should have thrown him a slider, hahaha.

-Pat Morita: "Silk. Tea. Bedroom." Chick who goes to Pat Morita's bedroom: "He does his best thinking there."

-Too much denim. Horrible, horrible boob job, but acid washed jeans tucked into Payless brand cowboy boots? Ohhhhh yeah.

-But oh my goodness... Assassins on jet skis! Dude just shot a duck for no reason!

-Estrada: "we've got to get out of here... This location is just too hot." Then he puts on an orange turtleneck and gets his gun.

-"I'm not about to sit in the corner like a good little girl while you try to tell me what hat to wear." Take that, sexist dude!

-Pat Morita proposes one to one hand to hand combat.

-You're either in, or you're in the way. Way to rip off Duke Mitchell....

-Erik Estrada is making love... In a hot tub. Amazing. We could all learn from this. So tender... So giving... Oooo.... Under water.

-Dirt Bikes! Ninjas!

-Ninja: 'I don't know you... Who are you?' Chick: 'I'm Batman.' WHAT?

-Estrada has a purple shirt... Taking out ninjas with a rocket firing remote control helicopter!

-Pat Morita is pissed off, he's grunting.

-The microchip has been put inside the big purple crystal and given to Pat Morita... She tells him it will protect his soul.

-Estrada has a polka dot tie. Suave.

-"I can't get over it, I shot a duck."

-The end. Ha, that makes no sense. The soundtrack for the end credits reminds me of Cotton Eye Joe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVqt8MnakYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZZsfSShb-I

Jason C
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Over the past 2 years I've made it through the first 9 of Sidaris' films, including STACEY and SEVEN. These films are right up my ally. It doesn't get any better than Playboy Playmates in leading roles, riduclous action like razor blade frisbees, rocket launching RC helicopters and Erik Estrada collecting a paycheck.

All of them kinda blend together but DO OR DIE is one the best so far. Not only does it have the requsite nudity and insanity, but it feels tighter than most of the Sidaris films that came before it. The previous films have to much filler that bog them down a bit. There are just too many scenes of charcters walking to and from a plane/car/building. And too many scenes of characters just riding around in a boat/car/plane. I wish a competent editor would get their hands on MALIBU EXPRESS and take that near 2 hour epic and turn into a thrilling 80 minutes and Boobs, Bombs, and Blood.

Ian Jane
01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Yeah, a lot of his stuff is padded. It's been a few years since I spent any time with any of his movies but I'm pretty sure a minor phase is coming on. I hope to watch a few more this weekend. Do Or Die completely ruled.

I've always had a soft spot for Enemy Gold as well, even though Drew Sidaris directed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgG359We9wM

Newt Cox
01-24-2013, 05:05 AM
I became a fan of the Sidaris films after seeing Picasso Trigger and Guns late at night on Showtime in the mid 90s. Had no idea it was a series of films,until in the late 90s I found most of them for rent at Hastings. Rented them all and loved them. Bought most of the BCI versions of the films and also got the Mill Creek boxed set. They are all great "Hey it's Friday night we got lots of beer/smoke and want to watch something that doesn't require thinking." films.

Robin Bougie
01-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Agreed! I lost my DO OR DIE cherry about 2 months ago, and was pretty amazed. Up until then, all my fave Sidaris were the really early ones, but that one really entertains.

The more I watch them, the more I like them. I'll watch some of the later ones in the Mill Creek set soon, I think.

Jason is totally correct that 90% of his movies would be better if they were 20 min shorter, though. He loves shooting scenery and pointless driving scenes a lot. But you kind of get used to it once you've seen a bunch.

Ian Jane
01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Jason is totally correct that 90% of his movies would be better if they were 20 min shorter, though. He loves shooting scenery and pointless driving scenes a lot. But you kind of get used to it once you've seen a bunch.

Yeah, he is right, but for some reason in certain trashy movies I find pointless driving scenes kind of endearing. Maybe that explains, at least partially, my love of Rock N Roll Nightmare. In Sidaris' case though, I think as you say it's the scenery - "Hey, we're shooting this movie in Hawaii, and Hawaii is awesome so let's make sure everyone who watches this movie knows that we shot it in Hawaii by shooting as much of it as we can."

Scyther
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
Over the past 2 years I've made it through the first 9 of Sidaris' films, including STACEY and SEVEN.

Has Stacey been released on DVD anywhere? That one still eludes me, and I haven't even really seen any boots of it anywhere.

Chris Kewley
01-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh man, thanks for devoting a thread to the man I hold responsible for my love of exploitation cinema. I might bring a few of you GTA folks back a few years with mention of the Eaton Center cinema, but it was here that I was introduced to Andy with Hard Ticket To Hawaii when it played for a short weekend back in late 1987 (it was cold I remember that much. maybe early 88). Theater jumping was a way of life back then, as was watching "blue movies" on City TV or channel 4( Italian soft core flicks..can't remember the name) or Superchannel, hell even carousing a adult into renting a R rated film(sex film) because the teller actually wouldn't rent them to kids. So here was I and 2 friends jumping theaters when we catch the cockpit change scene...completely stunned with the ample nudity on display & the lack of folks in the theater, we proceed to sit down & take in the events that changed our mostly virgin eyes. Sure we'd seen nudity in films like Revenge Of The Nerds, Porky's hell even a few of the older brothers had uncut VHS dupes of hardcore films from the U.S. (Devil In Miss Jones...etc) but it was here in the theater where it felt most risky, it was a game changer so to speak. It would be quite a few years of us bragging about this film to others, as if it was a collective fable of sorts before it made it's way to VHS where it's true awesomeness could be told. EVERYONE HATED this film except us, but as flawed as this film may be it left a indelible mark on our brains so much so any mention of Sidaris was/IS (till this day I might add) met with gleeful eyes.:up:

Ian Jane
01-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Chris, that's awesome. I don't remember seeing any Sidaris stuff come through the theaters of Niagara Falls growing up - cool that they did play in Toronto though.

And Scyther, no, to the best of my knowledge Stacey has not been officially released on DVD. But it has been bootlegged (http://www.j4hi.com/page8/page158/STACEY-dvd.html). There's a torrent around too. Both are likely taken from the same fullframe VHS source.

Ian Jane
01-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Watched Malibu Express last night. I had seen it before but not in a long time. It's fun. Dopey, but fun. Cool to see Sybil Danning show up in the movie and all the requisite topless ladies are there. A couple of funny moments, a couple of really corny moments, and a lot of in between. I think I like Sidaris' stuff better when it's played slightly more seriously.

Ian Jane
02-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Anthony Vitamia shared this on FB and I thought it deserved placement here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Bi1BzdXP0&feature=share

Scyther
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
That's great. This world is just a little bit darker without Mr. Sidaris with us to offer this sort of forthright commentary!

Jason C
02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
I adore the man as much as his movies. He looks like he's having the time of his life when he's on camera and he sounds so sweet on his commentary tracks.

RichardWard
04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
So last night I cracked open the Mill Creek 12 pack of Andy Sidaris movies and gave Do Or Die a watch. I'd seen plenty of Andy's movies before but not this particular one. Regardless, you kind of know what you're getting into with his movies. I was also drinking while I was watching it... by myself. At any rate, some random observations about Do Or Die that I plunked out on Facebook while I was watching it:

SPOILERS:

-Computer technology in the films of the late, great Andy Sidaris can offer a stunning glimpse into the future. Also, boobs and explosions and copious amounts of Erik Estrada.

-Whoever did the wardrobe in Do Or Die deserves an Oscar. Musical number? Oh yeah! Pat Morita? Damn! Helicopters. A cane that is a rocket launcher. 80s lingerie (http://www.robustbuy.com/womens-clothes-lingerie-sets-c-1083_1085_1088.html) is great but terrible. Alison is sleeping through this. Her loss, more wine for me.

-Worst Cajun accents ever.

-Pat Morita is rigging the American stock market. He is also skilled in the art of erotic massage. Hear that, ladies?

-There is a lot of Michelob in this movie.

-The Harley turned motorboat in Snake Eater was better than any boat in this movie. Pat Morita just made a boner joke.

-The films of Hitchcock, Welles, Chabrol, Kurosawa, Scorsese, Fellini and many others sit from me a mere three feet from where I lay, and yet I choose Sidaris. Why? Gratuitous nudity, whiskey, explosions.... Bad fashions. Hot tubs. Girls in hot tubs. But mostly because Do Or Die provides the rare opportunity to see Estrada dressed in yellow and brown demonstrating his juggling skills.

-Dirt bikes! My mom did not want me to have a dirt bike as a kid and this movie makes a good case for that. It is all too easy to drive through a window on one and then wind up in a fight with Erik Estrada. Hint... Estrada wins. Every single time. Should have thrown him a slider, hahaha.

-Pat Morita: "Silk. Tea. Bedroom." Chick who goes to Pat Morita's bedroom: "He does his best thinking there."

-Too much denim. Horrible, horrible boob job, but acid washed jeans tucked into Payless brand cowboy boots? Ohhhhh yeah.

-But oh my goodness... Assassins on jet skis! Dude just shot a duck for no reason!

-Estrada: "we've got to get out of here... This location is just too hot." Then he puts on an orange turtleneck and gets his gun.

-"I'm not about to sit in the corner like a good little girl while you try to tell me what hat to wear." Take that, sexist dude!

-Pat Morita proposes one to one hand to hand combat.

-You're either in, or you're in the way. Way to rip off Duke Mitchell....

-Erik Estrada is making love... In a hot tub. Amazing. We could all learn from this. So tender... So giving... Oooo.... Under water.

-Dirt Bikes! Ninjas!

-Ninja: 'I don't know you... Who are you?' Chick: 'I'm Batman.' WHAT?

-Estrada has a purple shirt... Taking out ninjas with a rocket firing remote control helicopter!

-Pat Morita is pissed off, he's grunting.

-The microchip has been put inside the big purple crystal and given to Pat Morita... She tells him it will protect his soul.

-Estrada has a polka dot tie. Suave.

-"I can't get over it, I shot a duck."

-The end. Ha, that makes no sense. The soundtrack for the end credits reminds me of Cotton Eye Joe.

There are plenty of movies with girls producing lots of action work. It has been trend for while and it does brings lots of public in cinema. Its all about business and entertainment.

Jason C
12-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Last night I capped off the 14 film Sidaris saga with RETURN TO SAVAGE BEACH. As much as I love these films this last entry is a chore. It seems like the dialogue and delivery get worse as the breasts got larger. The plot makes even less sense than earlier titles and the villain isn't interesting in the least. This desperately needs a Pat Morita or Erik Estrada. Of course there are driving and walking scenes galore. Its not a charming as before since at this point these locations look awfully familiar. Admittedly I switched to the commentary track for the final 30 minutes. It is a treat listening to Andy and Arlene. I assumed this would be a turd which is why I had been putting it off. The good part about having RETURN TO SAVAGE BEACH behind me is that I have an excuse to start over with STACEY and SEVEN. I recently bought fresh VHS tapes for each. I am hoping for a small improvement over the bootlegs.

DO OR DIE is probably the best of the later films. I also found THE DALLAS CONNECTION to be better than expected. They're all the same movie but RETURN TO SAVAGE BEACH is the only one I didn't care for.

Ian Jane
05-07-2017, 10:01 AM
Anyone have any info on this?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=291706

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B012G5V1NG?smid=A3S62JVMU9C10G&tag=bluraycom04-21

I'm guessing at that price it's probably a bunch of SD presentations crammed onto one or two BD's but who knows...

Flash
05-07-2017, 06:41 PM
The reviews on the German Amazon site you linked to said DVD quality and worse for the movies.

Ian Jane
03-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Coming in May - First Time on DVD & Blu-ray!
The uncut 101 minute version!

Seven (1979) Starring William Smith, Barbara Leigh, Susan Kiger, Martin Kove, Ed Metrano, Ed Parker and Terry Kiser - Directed by Andy Sidaris (Malibu Express)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFbJF-M1dkE

chriszilla
03-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Coming in May - First Time on DVD & Blu-ray!
The uncut 101 minute version!

Seven (1979) Starring William Smith, Barbara Leigh, Susan Kiger, Martin Kove, Ed Metrano, Ed Parker and Terry Kiser - Directed by Andy Sidaris (Malibu Express)

It will be awesome to have this film in HD.

I was unaware that there were "cut" and "uncut" versions of this film floating around. Looking at IMDB, I see that they list the "MGM HD Print" as running only 84 mins. Wow! I was unaware that such an abridged cut of this film was being shown. Happily I've managed to avoid that version, despite it being in HD.

I hope this release will lead to the rest of the Sidaris filmography getting an HD upgrade.

Jason C
03-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Very excited. If the right cuts were made a shorter version might be ideal. There is a lot of padding in Sidaris films.

Ian Jane
03-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Cover art and pre-order link!

http://amzn.to/2DPBsBE

A cartel of seven crime bosses unionize and plan to take over the state of Hawaii. Government intelligence agent Drew Sevano (William Smith, Any Which Way You Can) is hired to “handle” the situation however he sees fit. Drew enlists seven old friends to help, creating Sevano’s Seven – the Playmate (Susan Kiger, H.O.T.S.), the Black-Belt (Ed Parker, Revenge of the Pink Panther), the Dragster (Christopher Joy, Big Time), the Cowboy (Guich Koock, North Dallas Forty), the Comic (Art Metrano, Police Academy 2), the Professor (Richard LePore, Stacey!) and the Indian (Barbara Leigh, Junior Bonner). Sevano’s Seven – death is their way of life. This cult classic was co-written, co-produced and directed by Andy Sidaris (Malibu Express, Hard Ticket to 86Hawaii) and co-starred Martin Kove (Steele Justice) and Terry Kiser (Weekend at Bernie’s).

SPECIAL FEATURES:
-Interview with Arlene Sidaris
-Audio commentary by Steve Mitchell, producer-director of King Cohen, and film historians Howard S. Berger and Nathaniel Thompson
-Original Theatrical Trailer

Ian Jane
05-03-2018, 03:08 PM
So I watched Seven the other night. The transfer won't floor you but it's more than watchable even if it looks like it was taken from an older master. Detail never blows you away, but it's better than the non-existent DVD! The movie itself is fucking great though. It might be about 10 minutes too long but otherwise, no complaints. Lots of great action, William Smith is awesome in it, plenty of naked ladies and bikini girls running around looking good, nice Hawaiian locations and some great action (including the best exploding Reggie Nalder you'll ever see). This one is a lot of fun. Anyone who digs Sidaris' style should get a kick out of this.

Ian Jane
08-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Well, not Blu-ray releases, but...

The Legendary Films of Andy Sidaris Are Coming to Full Moon!

Trailblazing action movie auteur Andy Sidaris pioneered a kind of hard, sexy - but decidedly non-exploitative - brand of wild sex and guns and gonzo adventure film throughout the 1980s and '90s, movies that were affectionately dubbed "BBB" (Bullets, Bombs and Babes) by hardcore fans. With titles like MALIBU EXPRESS, HARD TICKET TO HAWAII, SAVAGE BEACH and FIT TO KILL, these adrenalized pulp action bonanzas (many of which were produced with his wife and partner, Arlene Sidaris) gave their primarily male audience exactly the sort of no-nonsense late-night escapism they craved, with rugged heroes, derring-do, skullduggery, endless explosions, exotic locales and lovely - often disrobed - ladies (including such now iconic superstars as Sybil Danning and Julie Strain).

Today, the Sidaris library is the stuff of legend and while the world has yet to see Blu-ray upgrades of these cable and video store classics, Full Moon Features has just announced that - after negotiations with Arlene Sidaris - the entire "BBB" catalog will be coming to Full Moon Streaming and Full Moon's Amazon channel this month in gorgeous presentations. This is huge news for hardcore Sidaris fans and fans-to-be.

"I'm thrilled about this deal," says Arlene Sidaris about the licensing agreement with Full Moon.

"Streaming is a fantastic platform. I kept the rights to streaming not really thinking much of it and 15 years later, who knew it would be the primary way we consume movies today."

Andy Sidaris' legacy goes far beyond his signature shoot 'em up thrillers, with a long history in media, including pioneering work with ABC's Wide World of Sports, inventing the now common "honey shot", where the camera would stray to the stands to find the prettiest girls and his Emmy-award winning work in television, both in sporting events and hit shows like KOJAK.

But it is with his "BBB" gems (later renamed the L.E.T.H.A.L Ladies series) that the Sidaris name will forever be tied.

"These were movies people discovered in the middle of the night on HBO and Showtime," notes Arlene Sidaris.

"(Cult movie TV personality) Joe Bob Briggs loved them and helped get us the attention we needed and now they have a huge international fanbase."
Full Moon's journey into Sidaris starts NEXT WEEK on August 8th, with the streaming premiere of Sidaris' insane MALIBU EXPRESS, a crazy tale of spies and sex-starved socialites that served as B-movie Goddess Sybil Danning's definitive performance.

Check out the MALIBU EXPRESS trailer here (https://vimeo.com/282881895)!

Every week, we will premiere another Sidaris masterwork and you can join the fun by subscribing to www.FullMoonStreaming.com (http://www.FullMoonStreaming.com) and our Full Moon Amazonchannel. The Sidaris library joins our already hundreds-strong collection of insane International horror, cult, erotic, sci-fi and fantasy films that stream on our channels, 24/7.

For more on the wild world of Andy Sidaris check out the official website here (http://www.andysidaris.com/).

Jason C
08-03-2018, 02:28 PM
^^ No mention of them being remastered. I guess I can be cautiously optimistic. Anyone here on RSP have a Full Moon streaming account and can report on the quality?

Ian Jane
08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
They're SD transfers. Not sure if they're any different than what was on the old DVDs or not.

Jason C
08-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Thanks Ian. That's a bummer. I've been expecting Shout Factory to pick these up and remaster them but its starting to feel hopeless. In a world that sees WOLFGUY and BLOOD HARVEST getting BDs, how is it STACEY doesn't even get a DVD release.

I need to bug my local Alamo Drafthouse to have a SEVEN / STACEY double bill.

Ian Jane
08-04-2018, 01:11 PM
I think our best hope for Stacey is Kino. I'd love to see it happen.

Jack J
09-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I'd looove, love, love to see STACEY!* on blu-ray. Like with SEVEN it's not even on DVD. I own both films on ex-rental VHS. Btw, Ian, you said SEVEN is too long. I don't actually remember how long my tape runs but the cover says 85 min. so maybe the blu-ray has extra scenes???

*the exclamation mark is part of the onscreen title, even IMDb gets it wrong.

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 08:19 AM
I'll check later but I remember it being longer than 85 minutes.

Jack J
09-08-2018, 03:14 PM
No worries, Ian. I checked. The cover is wrong. My VHS probably presents the same uncut version of the film. The film runs 97 minutes on the tape. And mind you it's PAL so it runs at a slightly faster pace.

https://s8.postimg.cc/owqneazkl/DSCF6475.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 04:23 PM
That sounds right. And that cover art is fucking boss!

Jack J
09-08-2018, 05:02 PM
That sounds right. And that cover art is fucking boss!

Yes, it is! :biggrin:

I've got the *other* unreleased (on disc) Sidaris film as well, STACEY! with an equally great cover if you ask me. And for completion the third of his films I own on video, HAWAII RAIDERS (these are Danish tapes, i.e. English audio, no funny dubbing).

https://s8.postimg.cc/ljn05u38l/DSCF6477.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://s8.postimg.cc/mlx6odtrp/DSCF6478.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Those haven't made it to disc anywhere yet, right? I've seen Stacey by way of a bootleg but I don't think I have seen Hawaii Raiders.

I'm gonna look into that...

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 05:12 PM
BTW, any time you post pictures of your tapes I kinda get lost looking at all the other tape spines in the background.

Matt H.
09-08-2018, 05:12 PM
but I don't think I have seen Hawaii Raiders.

That's HARD TICKET TO HAWAII under an alternate title.

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 05:13 PM
And..... Hawaii Hunted is actually Hard Ticket To Hawaii, now that I stare at the art a bit more. Mystery solved! I've seen that one a few times.

Ian Jane
09-08-2018, 05:14 PM
That's HARD TICKET TO HAWAII under an alternate title.

You beat me to it.

Jack J
09-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Those haven't made it to disc anywhere yet, right? I've seen Stacey by way of a bootleg but I don't think I have seen Hawaii Raiders.

I'm gonna look into that...

Unfortunaltely, it's not a lost or unknown Sidaris film. :/ It's in the yellow box set that came out. "Girls, Guns and G-Strings". It's aka HARD TICKET TO HAWAII.

Jack J
09-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Argh!! You both beat me!

Jack J
09-08-2018, 05:18 PM
BTW, any time you post pictures of your tapes I kinda get lost looking at all the other tape spines in the background.

:peewee: :peewee: :peewee:

Matt H.
11-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Oh my god, SEVEN is fucking incredible! Just pure entertainment. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie in awhile.

Ian Jane
11-25-2018, 12:06 PM
It rules. We need more Sidaris on Blu-ray.

chriszilla
11-25-2018, 06:14 PM
It rules. We need more Sidaris on Blu-ray.

"I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other." -- Charles De Lint

I agree with Charles, but I also don't want to live in the kind of world where MALIBU EXPRESS, HARD TICKET TO HAWAII and SAVAGE BEACH aren't available on Blu-ray!! :(

Ian Jane
01-22-2019, 11:02 AM
So maybe AGFA has Malibu Express and Hard Ticket To Hawaii coming to Blu-ray?

At they very least they're doing restorations and likely theatrical.

https://www.americangenrefilm.com/releases/malibu-express/

https://www.americangenrefilm.com/releases/hard-ticket-to-hawaii/

Alex K.
01-22-2019, 11:30 AM
They probably chose Hard Ticket to Hawaii because of the Red Letter Media video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWTthXfdBc

tek8080
01-24-2019, 01:43 PM
So maybe AGFA has Malibu Express and Hard Ticket To Hawaii coming to Blu-ray?

At they very least they're doing restorations and likely theatrical.

https://www.americangenrefilm.com/releases/malibu-express/

https://www.americangenrefilm.com/releases/hard-ticket-to-hawaii/

Amazon.com just posted pre-orders for both, but they are listed as coming from Mill Creek. For whatever reason AGFA decided not to make them a part of their line. Maybe this is a new partnership with Mill Creek since they have so many titles to get out?

Malibu Express - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MWQCN9X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hard Ticket To Hawaii - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MWQ9CQF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ian Jane
01-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Crazy. Product pages are up on the Mill Creek site for both titles.

https://www.millcreekent.com/hard-ticket-to-hawaii-blu-ray-digital.html

https://www.millcreekent.com/malibu-express-blu-ray-digital.html

I guess AGFA did the restorations but Mill Creek still owns the rights?

Either way, as long as the compression is done properly these should look good. Can't imagine there will be much in the way of new extras with Andy gone but hopefully everything from the older DVD is carried over.

tek8080
01-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Yeah, this doesn't mean certain doom. I am still enthusiastic to finally have these on Blu-ray. Mill Creek has been hit or miss, but I think lately they have been getting smarter about things. Like upgrading the codec on some of those VHS cover releases. Can't wait to watch a trilogy with these and Seven.

Ian Jane
02-15-2019, 11:09 AM

Ian Jane
03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrvB2nErS_g

Ian Jane
03-13-2019, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7h4-2ZUqE

Ian Jane
03-27-2019, 11:39 AM
Theatrical dates for the restored Hard Ticket To Hawaii....

4/5 + 4/6 - Cinemadrome Film Festival / Tampere, Finland
4/14 - Night Visions Film Festival / Helsinki, Finland
4/20 - Apollo Cinema / Kitchener, Canada
5/2 - Proctors / Schenectady, NY
5/2 - Alamo Drafthouse Sloans Lake / Denver, CO
5/4 - Belcourt / Nashville, TN
5/6 - Alamo Drafthouse Woodbridge / Woodbridge, VA
5/7 - Alamo Drafthouse Yonkers / Yonkers, NY
5/7 - Alamo Drafthouse Charlottesville / Charlottesville, VA
5/8 - Alamo Drafthouse One Loudoun / Ashburn, VA
5/9 - Alamo Drafthouse Tempe / Phoenix, AZ
5/13 - Alamo Drafthouse Park North / San Antonio, TX
5/14 - Kino Diana / Turku, Finland
5/14 - Alamo Drafthouse Montecillo / El Paso, TX
5/14 - Alamo Drafthouse Chandler / Phoenix, AZ
5/18 - Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet / Kansas City, MO
5/20 - Alamo Drafthouse Springfield / Springfield, MO
5/21 - Alamo Drafthouse Brooklyn / Brooklyn, NY
5/26 - Alamo Drafthouse Ritz / Austin, TX
6/8 - Royal Cinema / Toronto, Canada
6/14 - Landmark NuArt / Los Angeles, CA
6/22 - Alamo Drafthouse Winchester / Winchester, VA
7/5 - FilmBar / Phoenix, AZ
7/5 - Egyptian / Los Angeles, CA

Mark Tolch
03-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Oh my god that trailer is insane.

Matt H.
04-20-2019, 09:46 PM
Looked up the reviews for the new Mill Creek discs at Blu-ray.com and was pleased to see that the reviewer gave HARD TICKET a 4.5 for PQ and says: "This is one of Mill Creek's finest Blu-ray presentations." Unfortunately, the AQ only gets a 2.5, but I'm going to pick it up for the PQ and the fact that it's finally widescreen. MALIBU PQ gets a 4 and AQ gets a 3. It's not one of my favourite Sidaris flicks but I'll most likely grab that one, too.

Ian Jane
04-24-2019, 03:34 PM
Coming 7/9/19...

https://www.millcreekent.com/picasso-trigger.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7rqptSgLs

https://www.millcreekent.com/savage-beach.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgXCkk5n0s8

Jason C
04-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Awesome news. Savage Beach and Do or Die are my favorite Sidaris films. Maybe Do or Die will be in the next batch.

anthony1138
04-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Very cool that they're releasing more titles. I wonder if MC will eventually release a Sidaris box set like they did on DVD, or just stick with individual BD releases.

Jack J
04-26-2019, 01:42 PM
I wish whoever owns his STACEY! would release it on blu-ray.

Jason C
04-26-2019, 04:41 PM
I wish whoever owns his STACEY! would release it on blu-ray.

Agreed. That's #1 on my wishlist.

Jack J
05-02-2019, 11:07 PM
I just stumbled over this; the official Andy Sidaris site! Kinda old-skool site but some cool fun stuff there; a Q&A with Arlene Sidaris, a text interview, a podcast interview, etc. Surprisingly not very updated (no mention of the SEVEN bluray for instance!).

http://www.andysidaris.com/

Ian Jane
06-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Malibu Express dropped to $6.99.

https://amzn.to/2JXvx4Y

Ian Jane
06-05-2019, 10:47 AM
Hard Ticket dropped too, it was $12 yesterday, now it's $7.

https://amzn.to/2JZx5f3

This movie is essential!

Ian Jane
06-27-2019, 05:41 PM
Coming 9/17/19.

This May Be The Last Game They'll Ever Play.

A pair of female agents is targeted for elimination by an Asian criminal kingpin out for revenge. The evil mastermind sends out an army of assassins with the same mission, to kill agents Donna and Nicole!

“Do or Die lampoons the size-conscious, clichéd action hero and presents women than are stronger, smarter, and more effective than their male counterparts both in the film and in action cinema as a whole.” – David Carter – Not Coming To A Theater Near You

Starring: Pat Morita (The Karate Kid), Erik Estrada (TV's CHiPs), Dona Speir (Hard Ticket to Hawaii), Roberta Vasquez (Picasso Trigger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4DE4Sxz_Wc

Ian Jane
06-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Guns is also coming in Sept.

Ian Jane
09-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Fit To Kill and Hard Hunted are coming to Blu-ray from Mill Creek in early 2020.

Jason C
09-24-2019, 12:01 PM
I'll be interested to see if they actually release them all. They be wise to bundle the last 4 in a 12-film boxset.