PDA

View Full Version : El Gringo - DTV Action with Scott Adkins and Christian Slater

The Silly Swede
01-29-2013, 03:54 PM
The film opens on the exact same premise as the Mel Gibson vehicle "Get the gringo", the main difference here is that the Mexico our "hero" (Scott Adkins) enters is not a big city filled with mexicans, but rather a small village. In Bulgaria. But borderline third world countries are interchangeable like that, at least in the world of colour-filters, where Bulgaria can be made to look like dry and hot mexican desert. With him he has a big bag filled with US dollars. And for some reason, no-one in town is willing to sell him a glass of water while he waits for the buss to Acapulco, that he seems to miss every time.

Everyone is of course out to get our hero, who must kick, stab, shoot and blow up hordes of these fake-mexicans whom all wish to lay hands on his big bag of money.

Scott Adkins kicks plenty ass, and Christian Slater, who shows up about half way in, does his best Christian Slater same role as in every film he has ever been in routine, and once the slow opening is dealt with, the film really picks up. The action choreography is pretty good and Scott Adkins shows that he is the one big hope for B-action films of today.

I recommend this to everyone whom likes DTV action.

Scott
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
I'll have to check this out. I keep seeing it at the store but was reluctant to bite.

Ian Jane
01-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I didn't realize this was out already.

Also.... MANOWAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfaOoABkQW4

sukebanboy
01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
I will definitely be giving this a watch in the next few weeks or so......

Can't get me enough well made DTV action movies!!!

Ian Jane
01-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Swedish Joe, does the Manowar song actually get played in the movie?