View Full Version : Collectors Music Reviews

Richard--W
02-01-2013, 08:12 PM
This stuff is amazing:

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/

Horace Cordier
02-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Nice.

I used to collect Japanese and European boots when they were actually pressed on real CDs and cost about 50 bucks for a 2cd set.

Still have some of my SABBATH, ZEP and PURPLE sets.

Richard--W
02-05-2013, 01:04 AM
99% of the discs on that site are pressed CD's, Horace. The quality is generally impressive, too, even when sourced from old analog tapes.

Prices start at $30, but anything I want seems to start at $45 and go up. Not a cheap hobby. I was collecting Dylan in the 1970s when there were only a handful of tapers and collectors. We swapped on reel to reel. I still have the tapes but nothing to play 'em on. They're all on pressed disc now, and the quality of sound and often the packaging is stunning. Better than what the major labels are putting in the stores.

There are some great LED ZEP boots out there. I'm just curious, which sets do you have? Do you still listen to 'em much? I saw them twice in the 1970s in NYC and Nassau Coliseum, Long Island. Did you see THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME? One of the great rock concert films.

Horace Cordier
02-06-2013, 12:35 AM
http://www.bootlegpedia.com/en/product/WT_2002072-2002075

This is my favorite of the ZEP boots I have. I sold off a lot of them years ago but kept this one for its perfect sound and lavish packaging - the Japanese do beautiful work. My relationship with ZEP has always been problematical - I think Plant is an overrated vocalist and annoying personality and Page is a brilliant but erratic guitarist. I love John Paul Jones to death though - a criminally underrated musician and arranger. "No Quarter" is one of my favorite songs. And Bonham was in an elite group with Keith Moon, Cozy Powell, Mitch Mitchell and Ginger Baker in the drumming pantheon. I like TSRTS but God is Plant annoying in it - I far prefer the dvd set the band did that spans their entire career - its a stunning set. Where is the Blu Ray of THAT with lossless audio??