PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Golden Men movies!

Andrew Monroe
02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone like these films? The first, SEVEN GOLDEN MEN, is one of the best caper films ever imo. It's a perfect example of the appeal of eurocult, just loads and loads of fun. The cast is led by Philippe Leroy as The Professor, the brains behind the outfit, and the stunning Rossana Podesta as his right-hand gal. Familiar faces like Gastone Moschin, Giampiero Albertini, and Gabriele Tinti are among the crew as well. They're planning to rob a bank of all its gold bars right under the noses of the police...lighthearted and wonderfully full of futuristic gadgets and the score by Trovajoli will stick in your head forever! The first one really has it all, split second timing, great editing, and the cast seem to be having the time of their lives. It's that rare movie you want to watch again as soon as it's over. And I guarantee you'll be in love with Rossana Podesta by the end.

It was followed by two sequels, SEVEN GOLDEN MEN STRIKE AGAIN and SEVEN TIMES SEVEN. I've seen the former and it's pretty good but not nearly the classic the first is. Most of the cast returns though. Never seen the third one...anyone here seen it? I also wonder about english friendly dvds, I have two from Sinister Cinema. If you've not seen the first, I highly recommend you seek it out.

http://d2oz5j6ef5tbf6.cloudfront.net/movie/large/Sette_Uomini_Doro.jpg