PDA

View Full Version : James O'Barr's Sundown

Ian Jane
03-01-2013, 11:39 AM
So O'Barr, he of The Crow fame, launched a new comic that is (so far at least) exclusively a motion comic? Interesting. You can currently get it for the iPad.

Here's a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2arweEJ6Q1c

There's a short article about it here (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/01/james-obarrs-sundown-launches-on-ipad-and-wiggles-about-a-bit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

I've always liked O'Barrs artwork and given that he's not exactly the most prolific dude, I'm kind of tempted to check this out to support him but I'm not 100% sold on digital comics and stuff, I'm old fashioned and like to read things on paper.

sukebanboy
04-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I am not really sold on digital comics either...but not really had enough experience with them.

an, yeah, O'Barr is not exactly prolific either...

Ian Jane
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
I've had a few of them pass through my player and when they're done well, they're pretty enjoyable. I can't see them ever replacing regular comics but there's potential to do interesting things with them.

sukebanboy
04-15-2013, 09:21 AM
I've had a few of them pass through my player and when they're done well, they're pretty enjoyable. I can't see them ever replacing regular comics but there's potential to do interesting things with them.

Where is a good place to start for a newbie like me??

A decent example of the format in other words...any suggestions?

Ian Jane
04-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I thought that the Shout! Factory Thor/Marvel Knights release was well done but how much you get out of that will depend on how much you like the character. I just got the Marvel Knights Inhumans release but haven't had time to play with it yet.

If you're a Watchmen fan I thought WB did a good job with that release.

sukebanboy
04-15-2013, 08:02 PM
I thought that the Shout! Factory Thor/Marvel Knights release was well done but how much you get out of that will depend on how much you like the character. I just got the Marvel Knights Inhumans release but haven't had time to play with it yet.

If you're a Watchmen fan I thought WB did a good job with that release.

Yeah, WATCHMEN is the one I am most familiar with.....Didnt watch it all, but bits and bobs...

Will maybe give those MARVEL KNIGHTS things a look if they seem ok.

Thanks Ian.