PDA

View Full Version : The Mojo Manifesto - A Documentary about Mojo Nixon

MonkeyBeat
03-16-2013, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAn1RJkACo

Richard--W
03-30-2013, 06:51 AM
For several years we leased a house in San Diego that had a huge front room facing a main street. Once or twice a week the folk music society, for whom I used to shoot and record their annual festivals, would put on house concerts in our front room. Mojo and Skidmore used to play in my house. So did a lot of other people, but Mojo and his partner in crime Skidmore really shook the block up. Mojo had an act like no other on planet earth and you had to be there to get caught up in the energy of it. He was funny as hell. Afterwards we'd all sit around drinking coffee and shooting the breeze until the sun came up. Everybody would crash in my front room. Mojo didn't need coffee to get wired, though, he was always on, and on means UP. Then MTV started happening and he was off to greener pastures. I wish I had one fraction of his energy today.

Ian Jane
03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
I would imagine having Mojo play in your house would be pretty awesome. That's a great story.

Ian Jane
03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Oh and also that documentary is probably rad.

Mark Tolch
03-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Wow, Richard, awesome story.

Paul Casey
03-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Don't know much about Mojo (other than he was great in Rock n Roll High School Forever), but I would check that out.